1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single AKB48 50th [11-gatsu no Anklet] (17/11/22)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    They look like cupcakes with those skirts... so cute!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Why do I get the feeling Sayanee, Yukirin and Sasshi weren't trying to stop Mayu from dropping the mic? Their expressions were more like "Take me with you..."

3. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    ^they're waiting for the "ok" from management, all about timing loool

TBH i found the mic thing incredibly cringey welp. but the song and performance was cute. although i was once again reminded of why i don't like large senbatsu's.

4. Ezia

Ezia Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Muto Tomu
    My Type A CD arrived today, and Types B-E should arrive in the next few days. I'm a bit disappointed that we only get the MVs on the DVD (presumably it's the same for the types other than A) and not any special Mayu content (like Takamina's last single had) but I guess we have to pay up for Mayu's album for all of that!

5. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Re sales: If it wasn't for the million-selling first day we could've been number two to Johnny's WEST (OBVIOUSLY a Johnny's group), who has been occupying daily #1 for the past couple of days...

I have to wonder how the AKB48 sales will look like post-Mayuyu, though that may be a bit off-topic. :rolleyes:

6. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Little will change.
    Sales (at least sales out of the first day) will keep declining and blablabla, but it will have nothing to do with Mayu. :rolleyes:

7. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

AKB48's 50th Single (11-Gatsu no Anklet) (4th Day Sales)
    Day 4: 7,757 (1,084,620) (1st)

Past Day Sales
    Day 1: 1,048,400 (1st)
    Day 2: 18,813 (1,067,213) (2nd)
    Day 3: 9,650 (1,076,863) (2nd)

8. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

AKB48's 50th Single (11-Gatsu no Anklet) (5th Day Sales)
    Day 5:
    4,577 (1,089,197) (1st)

Past Day Sales
    Day 1: 1,048,400 (1st)
    Day 2: 18,813 (1,067,213) (2nd)
    Day 3: 9,650 (1,076,863) (2nd)
    Day 4: 7,757 (1,084,620) (1st)

9. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

So should be around 1.1 million for Oricon.

Billboard reported 1.45 after... two days, was it? So I’d say it’s safe to assume they’ve sold at least 1.5 up until now.

And it’s quite impressive that we’re seeing these numbers knowing most of them come from the hardcore fanbase.
    And then it’s sad because that hardcore fanbase must be so small we’re barely seeing concerts lately in an effort to save face.

10. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    really embarassing yeah... AKB is the definition of "fake sales" and "frontloaded" right now...

11. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Agree (I always like that they are still able to do this for so long, even after the big names have left).

and agree there as well :(. Tbh, its gotten annoying that they seem to only do concerts (beside RH and Janken) for somebody who is graduate (I know it won't happen, but it would be so nice to see non graduation concerts in 2018). I mean it wouldn't freaking kill them to (who cares where tbh now).

I really hope there are other girls that you still like, and that you haven't become one of those annoying ppl that once your oshi leaves, you bash the group she was once.

12. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    To be fair, the last few A-side released by the group has been quite good and up to the mark (althou I'd say Keyakizaka gets all the best A-sides lol) . It's like they've finally resumed putting more effort on the A-sides after years of lazing off. Unfortunately, it seems they came back a little too late since the public seems to set their eyes on other musical acts....

(It's unfortunate but during their prime time/peak(2012), imho they wede (ironically) trying too hard to get the general public favor and as a result, they had been playing so much in the safe zone...

13. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
  14. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

fake? how is fake?

15. Endu

Endu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kato Shiho
    I think he means that probably 2 out of 3 CDs they sell never see the inside of a CD player. However, i wouldn't call it "fake sales". A sold CD is a sold CD imo, though I understand what he's trying to say.
    There's no way to really tell which CD gets used for their real purpose or not anyway, neither in Japan nor in the west.

16. theworldofwindow

theworldofwindow Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sutoririka
    This single is a flop.

17. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Yeah, basically the only concerts we have are the usual yearly ones:
    - RH
    - SSK
    - Pre-janken performance
    - The big graduation of the year

I feel they don’t do more because they don’t want to see empty seats (as if they didn’t see them already in freaking Sapporo) and because they feel small venues are beneath them.

Like, what’s wrong in touring the country with teams like the national tour they did years back? Or the Young Members tour.
    Morning Musume tours the country twice a year with 20 gigs each, a finale at Budokan and everyone’s happy.

Why not make the AKB Fair in Budokan another yearly event where the groups show how much they’ve grown?
    Why did they stop doing the revivals?

Not every concert has to be in a dome or a stadium.
    If I wanna see a screen, I stay home.

The numbers show otherwise.

18. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

I think they meant that although a lot of CDs are being sold, it's actually bought in large amounts. Rather than 1 person buying 1 or 2, 1 person buys 100.

19. Endu

Endu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kato Shiho
    And what do you base this statement on? CD sales are totally fine if you compare them to past singles.

20. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    sapporo is not a good measure thou. very few groups/acts actually sold out the whole seat in sapporo. in fact maybe only 1 or 2 groups manage to do that.