1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Jo Eriko gets a solo song on the next single

Discussion in 'General NMB48 Discussion' started by joooooooooe, Nov 26, 2017.

1. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    http://nmb48matome.livedoor.biz/archives/51146104.html

[​IMG]

I'm really excited! Jo didn't have great results in Sousenkyo but she's been getting a lot more work at a torrid pace lately. Hopefully it's a good song and this will push her up and over the wall that she's struggled to overcome since the gori-oshi 2nd gen days.

2. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    Does this topic really need a separate thread to be discussed? Won't the Single thread be enough?? Also, the other thread made just for members reaction to 17th single senbatsu.

It is nice that the NMB48 side of s48 are proactive and creating threads would perhaps bring in more discussion, but is it really necessary to have a thread for a sub-topic(s) of which its main topic already has its own?

• Like Like x 1
  3. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Well, it's in theater edition so no MV and only audio. The benefit outweigh the cons so far. And thus, the song better nail it.

4. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    There's some interesting discussion about it.

Members who have gotten solo songs:
    -Yamamoto Sayaka
    -Yamada Nana
    -Watanabe Miyuki
    -Jonishi Kei
    -Sutou Ririka
    -Kinoshita Momoka
    -Shiroma Miru

Jo and Ririka are the only non-first gens to have a solo song.

In terms of concert songs, it's kind of a big deal. NMB's live events are awesome and if it's a good song it'll increase her exposure at concerts fairly regularly; not to mention, if it's a good song, we'll see other girls gunning to perform it. We've seen some fantastic one-time solo performances such as Nagisa's piano performances but a regular song will be special.

There is some pushback, obviously. Jo was the destined one when she entered as second gen and performed solo at SSA as a KKS, left the group, came back, and is now in some weird zone. People are wondering if this is Akimoto ready to begin another gorioshi push.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
  5. sakurazaki

sakurazaki Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    ec_delacroix
    Keicchi never got a solo song, I think

6. satchan

satchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kadowakikanako
    Twitter:
    tsurisaturday
    I'd have to be reminded of a Keicchi solo song unless we're extending to concerts, but I think it's a pertinent topic to discuss because it just seems really out of left field. Aayan gets a solo song? Yeah, we know that's coming, but this feels really random, since I don't think it's still 2011-12.

It's good for her to get that opportunity, but I just don't get the timing of pushing Jo in this sense when you could grant the same opportunity to showcase personalities like Akari or Saepy.

7. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    For some reason I thought Tochu Gessha was her solo. Whoops. I forget that it was her + her favorite lolis.

When I think about Sayaka I think about how miraculous it was that they got a superstar of her caliber and how she was able to push NMB to bigger heights in her 3rd and 4th year.

I think those kinds of talents are one in a million, and it's hard to find out who they are. Maybe someone thinks Akarin or Saepy will never hit those heights but they see Jo once had a shining star and right now are checking to see if it was legit.

8. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    I'm really salty about this but good for Jo, go get them girl.

I don't understand the obsession with having silo threads. Whats the point of having a 1000 page thread that no one will ever read through? Its a discussion point that the thread creator felt was interesting enough to have on its own thread without polluting the main one.

9. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    Bro, you had the best song last year with Niji no Tsukurikata. You can't have them all.

Just to address this concern, @MaiAkikoChan I passed the idea to other mods about making more specific threads as we commented on the "What would you want to see improved for the forum in 2017?" so we've decided to play with this format and see how it works for this year.

10. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    the timing feels kinda weird. especially with the Fuu x Jo cover. it's like they're preparing Jo to take Fuuchan's place? coz dat would be weird af lmao.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

11. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    She's said she wants to get a solo song but I understand that Niji no Tsukurikata does lessen the urgency of doing it in management and fans' minds. Its still weird that Jo gets one over a bunch of other girls that are above her in position though.

Because of how Renai Kinshi Jorei as a stage works, there is no point to slide Yuuri over to Fuuchan's center position when she leaves so there is a 100000% chance that Jo will be the de-facto center of the B2 stage when Fuuchan leaves. Yuuri will still be B2 center for other purposes I think (hope?).

12. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    I really want to say that Jo has better solo idol potential so that's why she got it, but I can't say that definitively when Ririka got a solo.

Real talk I thought Yuuri was B2 center lol. That's what I get for not watching the whole stage, but Yuuri does get the solo lines at the start of the stage.

13. satchan

satchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kadowakikanako
    Twitter:
    tsurisaturday
    I never even thought about teams when considering this. I'll blame myself but I'm not taking any personal responsibility for it, haha.

14. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Its whoever Akimoto feels like giving the push to.

Its because when they created Renai Kinshi Jorei they really wanted to push Takamina to a really good position but still keep Acchan as "center" so we got this weird Frankenstein stage where the Takamina position is more valuable than the center because of Nagai Hikari and Oogoe Diamond. Yuuri centers the "extra" parts of the stage like the single medley because position in those is based on your current NMB rank and she's number 2(3) right now.

15. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    Surely there's some reasoning behind it!

If I hear Makurapon rumors Imma be mad though

16. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Its not like its anything Jo hasn't heard before. All the complaints about her just died down as she got massively de-pushed but now that she's back, you have the antis coming out of the woodwork again. She seems like she's matured and is pretty strong mentally now so I think she will be fine. The key will be to go all-Riripon on it and own the gori-push and not hide behind the aww shucks I'm just happy to be here thing that alot of people do.