1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] THE NMB48 thread!

Discussion in 'General NMB48 Discussion' started by Mr Waffle, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Sakuraism

Sakuraism Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    andilee1989
    I don't mind doing the survey, but why does the survey require us to input or email add o_O

2. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶

Attached Files:

3. Ichirou Takashima

Ichirou Takashima Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikomarina
    Can someone tell me? I haven't watched NMB to Manabukun for a while until now with the recent episodes (addicted to YNN NMB48 Channel). I have one main question, I know they stopped the "batsu game recently too" but did they also stop the segment "NMB48 No Nani Yarashite Kuretonnen (the segment that always come after the main episode before the "batsu game" back then)" ?

I don't see it (well the recent episode I watched at least EP229).

I asked because I love that segment, for me it was the continuation of "Naniwa Nadeshiko" and "Docking 48". I really love variety, which is why I bought all the DVD's Vol.1 to Vol.5 recently instead of concerts and lives, but it seems that Vol.5 is the last?

Looking forward to everyone's feedback!

4. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Well, the answer to that is "its complicated"

Manabukun got moved to a different time slot starting this season. From their usual Thursday midnight 1 hour time slot, they got moved to the more premium Friday midnight slot but they got reduced to 30 minutes. Since the popular part of Manabukun is the lesson portion, the 30-minute version is basically just the lesson portion and it seems NaniYara got the axe. The latest episodes have shown though, that they are keeping NaniYara except that they're only doing it for specific episodes that need more than 30 minutes. So you'd have a lesson that takes more than 30 minutes and in the middle they have a NaniYara corner.

5. Ichirou Takashima

Ichirou Takashima Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikomarina
    I do love the educational part also, frankly, I love both segments. It's alright if they remove the batsu game, I know myself they're too old for that (even with the new gens).

Sure, moving on a premium time spot would gain a lot of viewers, TGIF as they say. But man, hearing the other segment got "axed" hurts... even if they show it on some episodes, still... NaniYara was the one thing that made them completely different from your "typical" variety show....

Anyway, now that my rant is cleared up. Thanks for your answer.

6. tzatziki2

tzatziki2 Member

7. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    They actually removed the metal tub thing falling onto the girls' head as a batsu-game a long time before they changed timeslots. I think they stopped doing it early this year. The reason for that is someone else legit got injured doing something similar and it got on the news and everything so the producers decided to remove that part in Manabukun so as not to offend people. Nowadays they have a new form of batsu-game where they choose 3 girls who have to eat gross stuff and one of them gets choses as the baka-ko.

8. tzatziki2

tzatziki2 Member

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  9. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    I can't remember if this is the same one but they announced a new TV show for NMB starting next year during the 7th anniversary. It doesn't seem like its the same one but its odd that NMB gets two short (as in 5-15 minute) weekly TV shows at almost the same time.

10. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    DQMSNB2UIAAvAu6.jpg-small.jpeg

They announced the 7 NMB members who will participate in the AKB song for NHK Kohaku.
    Members are:
    Sayaka
    Nagisa
    Miru
    Akarin
    Yuuri
    Saepi
    Fuu

They also announced that AKB will be performing a medley of 3 songs and you can vote (provided you live in Japan) for the song. The song choices are restricted to all AKB singles plus the songs that are connected to NHK somehow (365 nichi for example)

11. miruru

miruru Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hiratarina
    no lemon ........

12. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    I think they focused more on the "top" members as well as those who have outside work. Really, Saepi is the only surprise but that is explained away by all the fashion stuff she's been doing. It doesn't explain Lemon but if, for example, the directive was 7 members only, NMB management had to make the choice between Lemon and Saepi and they chose Saepi I guess.

13. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    01 - Moka
    02 - Renapyon
    03 - Azusa
    04 - Naru
    05 - Yuumin
    06 - Yuuri
    07 - Miru
    08 - Fuu
    09 - Nagisa
    10 - Chihhi
    11 - Shion
    12 - Yukichan
    13 - Maichi
    14 - Rachel
    15 - ???

14. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Yesterday was Matsumura Megumi's last theater show. Her final song was Sozo no Shijin with all the remaining former KKS. Nagisa and Chihhi came out to give her flowers as well (as fellow 4th genners)

It was also Sayaka's first theater show in 4 months! Her last show was her birthday show I think. I really like how NMB always makes it a point to get everybody to show up for graduations and birthdays (whenever possible) I'm sure Sayaka was happy to be able to see off a member, while was never popular, tried her best and supported the theater in every way she could.

Good luck Megumin.

15. Snowman81

Snowman81 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    xSnowman81
    15 was Moka again

16. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    I only based it on the thumbnails since I could be bothered to login and watch. I thought they did a special with just the two of them for the final episode.

17. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    The new Bubka is a massive NMB centered issue. New Namba 7 (temporarily) with Miru-Yuuri featured and then Queen Sayaka looking down.

DRnV5hBUIAA8mT3.jpg-large.jpeg

18. tzatziki2

tzatziki2 Member

Modelpress just wrote this article about the big topics & events that happened with NMB in 2017, with an emphasis on NMB's remarkable increase in popularity with women & girls, as well as how the activities of many members (plus the revenge concert selling out) means NMB is starting to shake off its image of "NMB48 = Sayanee".
    https://mdpr.jp/music/detail/1735958

The big topics were:
    - Akarin's activities (her book, youtube channel, and winning a 'Best Beautist (creator)' award), making a note of how these activities have made her very popular with women
    - Sayanee's activities (her book, 2nd album and tour, and topping SNS/social media out of current 48group members)
    - Graduations of Keicchi, Shu, Reinyan, Kinoshita, Fuuchan and Riripon
    - Activities in the field of fashion (specifically, Saepii's popularity on the 'Wear' fashion app, Nagisa becoming a 'Vivigirl', Yuuri appearing in LOVE Berry and mer magazines, Sayanee and Akarin's various fashion modelling, and the "Which One" MV)
    - Sousenkyo results, especially Mirurun and Akarin making senbatsu
    - Riripon's marriage announcement
    - Nakano Reina's reaction face becoming the most viewed Modelpress article for 2017
    - First Asia Tour
    - Masaka Singapore being performed on NHK's Utacon
    - Arena Tour, and how NMB's rapidly rising popularity with women led to creating a big female-only area in the Arena Tour
    - After a year of waiting, the 17th single is released, and people are imitating and having fun with warota people on SNS/social media
    And the final bit sort of reverberates how in 2017 NMB started to change away from "NMB=Sayanee", and how their activities in fashion and beauty have led to a big rise in female fans.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
  19. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    I'm a bit wary of NMB targeting female fans because I have no interest in beauty/fashion. On the other hand, I feel like comedy is much more popular among women and children and I like comedy, so it could be a good thing.

20. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

I'm torn between "Lucky girl!" or "Poor girl..." on this.:lol:

Meanwhile, I wonder how far it will affect NMB stance on gravure, given its also one of their defining trait until today.