Shimazaki Haruka (Paruru) / 9th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by haruna_hamasaki, Dec 13, 2009.

1. ils411

ils411 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    ^But you have to admit, its pretty awful. I myself have pretty much given up on it. But I still try to grab each episode in the very unlikely event that I feel the urge to watch it somehow.

Ouch... welp... as much as I want that calendar, Imma have to pass. $315 would net me a PS4+some games or even a Switch.

Only one I know is Ms. Baka Center. Nice to see her doing good. Too bad that I did try catching some of her shows but just couldn't get into it.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
  2. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Editorial in Dwango News about Paruru. The google translate is a little hard to interpret, but I got the idea that the writer liked that she was herself and didn't follow the presumed rules for idols.

"Shimazaki 's "salt response", its character has a great relationship. She is a shy person who has a personalized personality, there are many scenes that indulge in thought, and there are many times that "smile" and "spirit" that are thought to be the basis of idol can not be seen. But, of course, as an AKB 48 , the activity as an idol was not boring, it was only her style. In the case of Shimazaki, its style was taken up largely because it was a popular member, and it was often subject to criticism.
    Is not there a pleasure of "[anything goes]" under the popularity? We have always enjoyed fans with new ideas that can not be thought of in idol groups so far, including general elections, theatrical performances, major organizations and transfers. It was Shimazaki Haruka who embodied the "anything" firmly . You do not have to be a fan, you can speak freely, in obnoxious work obediently disgusting face, piercing whatever it is to the end and destroying the values of idol.
    Even after 2017 when Shimazaki disappeared, I definitely want AKB 48 to deliver the exciting charm that I do not know what will happen next"

https://news.dwango.jp/2017/01/28/120617/idol/

3. Madoka

Madoka Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

I know all the actresses mentioned and have watched their shows this year. With the exception of #4 and #8, they are all roughly Paruru's age and would be her potential rivals for roles. Paruru had a really good year, I thought. She had 4 dramas, including an asadora, and a special. I thought she would have made this list.

But it shows how strong the competition is. Tsuchiya Tao and Haru have been the heroines of asadoras, and Nagano Mei will be the heroine of the next one. Sugisaki Hana has been in at least 17 dramas and 13 movies.

4. Merlin54

Merlin54 Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
  5. KuroBara

KuroBara Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Their age group is similar, but acting-sector wise, they're all her seniors. Even Kawaei. The only one that doesn't really fit the bill would be Blouson? I mean, getting her break as a comedienne? Yes. Actress? Imho, no.
    As you've pointed out, the people on the list has quite the resume. Yoshioka Riho actually won an award for Quartet, and Araki Yuko was very lucky to snag a role in Code Blue. Other than that, the other names on the list aren't really head scratchers.
    Paruru had a pretty good run for her first year, with supporting roles. So I don't think she'd get on the list actresses who had a break through just yet. Looking forward to what she can do in her second year.
    However, I do think she has a weakness. Her face is too cute. Or, as she's mentioned before, 'baby face' may be more accurate. They could probably do something with make up, but as of now, even though I want to see her act as someone her age, I see a school-leaver at most.

6. rendizzz

rendizzz Next Girls

I think Paruru have a better start than Kawaei as actress after their graduated..

• Like Like x 1
  7. Madoka

Madoka Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Kawaei was #8 and #10 in the 2016 Oricon Top 10 Breakthrough Actresses at Mid and End of the Year, respectively. She got some complements on her acting in Toto Nee-chan at the end of the year result. All her roles for that year were supporting actress roles.

8. hazeleden

hazeleden Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Maybe because she only has similar roles: Yutori, Haneko, Yuka, that girl in Blanket cats and Tochiotome... I don't see any major differences between these characters. She has no "breakthrough" roles and that's why she didn't make the list?

9. KuroBara

KuroBara Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    The tsundere type, right? I wasn't going to mention about her being typecast because it feels pretty obvious, and her characters have mostly been the flat type with not much room for growth. Maybe a little in Hiyokko, and perhaps Yutori.
    What sort of breakthrough role would suit her though? I've always loved Salt, but if you can't give her enough airtime, it's a bit difficult to flesh out those kinds of role. She seems keen on comedy though, so it feels like there's a probability the tsundere character is going to be extending its stay.

10. kl9391

kl9391 Member

Twitter:
    KsLeep9391
    I’m just glad she’s finding decent work lol

11. Merlin54

With Ima Kara soon showing the 7th of 10 episodes, I expect shooting will end soon. Then I hope there's an announcement of her next project, hopefully before year end and something a bit different. Interesting if she could land a role in a comedy movie. I also expect her to promote the next Lottery event, the Valentine Jumbo Lottery. That would round off 12 months promoting it.

Speaking of which: the two longer (30 second) Lottery CMs-

if the video does not show watch the video here

(I wonder if there is something in the pipeline for NHK. Successful though these Lottery CMs have been, I wouldn't have thought they'd justify a place in Kouhaku. But that's just my opinion).

12. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    I thought her Kouhaku appearance was based Hiyokko (see posts from Nov 17 and 18, including your own).

13. Merlin54

She only had a minor role in Hiyokko not enough to justify an invitation to Kouhaku, according to this article as posted on Nov 17. @KuroBara's translation of the relevant bit:-

"They're going to have a corner where the casts of Hiyokko are going to make an appearance to support 'Mineko'. Since Kouhaku is a big event, no-names don't really get to appear, whether actually performing or just guesting. Hence the mention of how Paruru, in addition to Sasama Yui and Shishido Kafka, the young 'uns, are personalities sought after in CMs etc to somehow demonstrate that they're relevant and their appearance at Kouhaku shouldn't be raising eyebrows."

To me, that reads that Paruru and the others got their place because of appearances in CMs as well as Hiyokko (which is an NHK production). That just seems odd to me and I wondered if the real reason was to promote them ahead of some future NHK thing. But, I admit it's just speculation.

Edit: Of course, I'm not complaining about her being in Kouhaku; I'm very, very happy about it!

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
  14. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    I am guessing that she is known by the audience, whether from AKB, her commercials, or her acting, so wouldn’t be out of place as part of a crowd from Hiyokko supporting Mineko. We will all just have to watch on 12/31.

15. hazeleden

hazeleden Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    ImaKara got cut down to 9 ep due to bad ratings :( The last episode (9th) will be aired on Dec 17

16. Voightkampff

Voightkampff Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    ParuruArmy
    All this talk of awards and nominations and the like.
    I could care less. I myself am just happy I can still see her after AKB.
    Every peek into her life at this point is precious. Remember she said she would give us 3 more years after she graduated. One down after this month.
    Especially knowing she can/does change her mind at any minute.

Thinking about it the best thing for me since she graduated hasn't been any of her acting jobs but instead the Lotto thing. I do like watching her act but I like the behind the scene stuff you get with the Lotto gig. Love to see Paruru as her self. The Youtube videos you get with every CM that comes out is gold for me. The fansite videos and the 2 Line lives have been great.

Paruru being Paruru has always been my kryptonite.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Doflamingo

Doflamingo Member

Oshimen:
    yamadananami
    well, if this acting world didn't work for her i think we should start panic..
    worst case, if Paru think her career stuck maybe she'll choose retired

18. kl9391

kl9391 Member

Twitter:
    KsLeep9391
    Eh, she’ll be fine. She’ll probably just settle down and start a family.

19. Merlin54

Takai Emi's pregnancy may also be a factor.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Paruru's Radio Show; Ep #59; 26 November 2017

Back up:- https://www.bilibili.com/video/av16703676/?from=search&seid=699172327013127632

Synopsis: Original Japanese
    http://paruru.2chblog.jp/archives/1068628967.html

Google translation:
    [chosen song]
    "Choo Choo SHITAIN" / JINTAKA

【opening】
    · Soon it will be December bonus season, I hope I can get it in early December
    · Do I have a bonus? (Manager-san?) Ran away (lol)
    ·The drama "I intimidate you from now" is about 5 episodes shown and finishing episode 6

【Mail】
    · Although the drama's character has blond hair, do you change hair colour again after drama shooting ends?
    → Do you have any work next? Is it changing with the role?
    Unlike when I was an idol, my hair colour has not changed with my own intention.
    Listener-san: have you confessed to your favourite girl that Paruru-san had been depressed lately? (?)
    → This is awesome, I do not feel confident right now, so many people seem it’s not manly to confess,
    → There are many things I have been feeling down recently · · ·It got dark ... · w
    · The hair in the drama is more blond than the colour of Tochiotome’s hair, do you use a spray?
    → I think that this is not such a thing, perhaps I think that it is the lighting
    · Do you have any foods that you do not like?
    → I don’t like celery and Pakuchi (Coriander)
    Hulu began distribution of Armadillo with Nasi Goren Division of the Metropolitan Police Department, it is also recommended for new customers
    → Which is the best work is to decide individually, I am thinking that any of my works are the best
    → Personal recommendations, comprehensively, "Yutori Desuga Nanika "? I like the camera work in the drama very much

【Paruru Column】
    "Which am I? Yes? No? "
    · Have a kiss on the first date Yes? No?
    → Yes, whichever you do, w
    · Men's beauty treatment Yes? No?
    → If you say that you like people with beautiful skin, take care of it
    · The friendship of man and woman Yes? No?
    →I think so.
    · Long-distance love affair Yes? No?
    → No! But if there is long-distance love that does not cheat

【ending】
    · We are always looking for emails from everyone
    · The presenter was Haruka Shimazaki

20. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    "I don’t like celery and Pakuchi (Coriander)"

We saw that when she went to Bankok. :)

It was just over a year ago that Another Sky aired (Nov. 18, 2016).

"In fact, she said that she dislikes Pakuchi and celery, but trying to try Thai cuisine" (from a DogPatch story about Another Sky)