1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Hirate Yurina (Techi) / Keyakizaka46 1st Generation

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 Graduated Members' started by nakotteiijan, Nov 2, 2015.

1. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Techi haven't return home since debut....i wonder what really happen in her hometown. #BlackHole

only an easy ride on Shinkansen and she will be home and i wonder why :confused:

also Techi didnt show up for the summer tour concert on Aug 16th 2017 which happen to be in Aichi (AKA her hometown ??)

http://www.keyakizaka46.com/s/k46o/news/detail/E00142?ima=0000

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  2. SunlitZelkova

SunlitZelkova Member

Oshimen:
    Higashimura Mei
    Once again though these are all performances, not real representations of there feelings. Just as positive reactions are exaggerated, hers maybe an act as well.

3. _creepstone

_creepstone Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    How are you so positive that all of it are not real? We never know what's inside their heads but you can see it in their eyes. No matter how much you try to turn a blind eye, you can't deny the fact that the chances of it being real is higher than your assumption.

4. pilika

pilika Kenkyuusei

hirate FNS performance was aesthetic

5. trewdys

trewdys Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    Hell yeah. But you know why? It's because the lyrics resonate so strongly with her right now...

6. SunlitZelkova

SunlitZelkova Member

Oshimen:
    Higashimura Mei
    I'm not positive that they are not real, but it is more likely to not be real, given the nature of idols, rather than real.

7. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  8. PetalidiStelle

PetalidiStelle Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Twitter:
    petalidistellee
    I think Techi is performing for herself.
    When her world collides with the outside world, she probably doesn't know very well how to act.
    That's why it took so long in the summer tour for her to open up with her own group mates.

9. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Good post. Lots to think about. Whatever is going on in her heart and private life, that performance at FNS was a treasure that very few people could have created. There's a YouTube of it in the GENERAL thread.

10. Isaac H

Isaac H Member Stage48 Donor

Just watched a youtube clip of it - I love that FNS performance. Nice collaboration there. I loved Ken Hirai's Canvas song back in the day, and yeah, to re-use @ukifune 's description - that was indeed a "treasured" performance. Beautiful song, lyrics, Ken Hirai's voice, Hirate's dance...everything.

11. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

12. _creepstone

_creepstone Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    It's up to the fans if they want believe on them or not. I chose to believe in them so I will stand my ground. There may indeed be some times where their actions are not real but I don't actually care as long as I know they love their work. I'm the type of fan who just want the people I admire to have fun and enjoy their careers and lives.

I'll agree with that. I've always thought that Techi is like a person who lives for the songs. It's like when she's performing, the only thing in her mind is how she would interpret the song. She acts independently closing her heart off from others probably because she's new to those sort of feeling so she doesn't know how to connect with others. Maybe that's also why she decided to just keep things to herself.

PS. I felt so proud of Techi when I saw her performance. I was deeply awed at how she conveyed the song through her dance.

13. biboloxo

biboloxo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Well, these are 2 types of perspective, you see?

As a Hirate fan, or a Keyakizaka fan, some will say that performance is awesome, is "different", is "herself". And as a normal person, some will say it "weird", or "abnormal". I too, have no idea why they pick Hirate as a dancer for a song like this (as if she is not "weird" enough already), maybe b/c they think she fit with this type of dance/song, but by doing so, they will make the general public think she is nothing but a "weird child".

14. KingCrimson

KingCrimson Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ikoma Rina, Saito Asuka
    Nah. That performance was anything but weird. It was masterful. If anything, this will boost her standing in the general public. They will think of her of an artist, rather than just another idol. This was not the kind of dance that mainstream idols do. I wouldn't be surprised if choreographers are now thinking about how they'd like her to perform for them.

I don't know how much previous training Techi has done in that style of dance, if any at all, but she has a natural talent for it. It really matches up with the way she expresses herself in her dancing.

15. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I agree with this. I think this kind of artistic and emotional dancing is likely to appeal to dance fans more than idol fans. Although to dance fans, it will probably seem a bit naive and fresh, since I don't believe she had any dance experience before she joined Keyakizaka (does anyone know?). This is now the second well-known choreographer to create something specifically for her. But I doubt it will be the last: Takahiro and now CRE8BOY. Here's a collection of videos CRE8BOY has choreographed, from very weird to rather normal. It appears that he has done work for both Nogi and NMB.

Something to remember.

Great question: what is Sony doing here? And does Techi's apparent attitude actually attract the target teen audience? I think Japanese society is particularly confining. Techi could represent various kinds of freedom.

I think it's possible that she became an idol to get away from home. Her covering her face on stage and on KeyaKake makes me think she isn't instinctively the kind of attention-loving girl you'd expect an idol to be. And yes, a lot of idol smiles seem to me, if not exactly "fake," quite intentional and managed -- not totally honest. But I'm not saying that's a bad thing, even though I prefer honest, myself.

Yes, there are various ways we can be unwell. But all teens can be moody and difficult for both themselves and others. It's more than I can do to call her "unwell," just yet.

I could easily be wrong, but I'm not absolutely sure Techi actually feels much gratitude to fans, since I think she has had some bad experiences with them: the reported invasion of their dorm by young guys, and quite probably creepy encounters with some fans in handshake. To say nothing of the guy with a flare and a knife.... I do regret her stiff, dark manner in some performances, but perhaps she is just feeling "been there, done that" and is no longer interested. Not good, for a professional, but I can see it in a teen "artiste."

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  16. Siniy

Siniy Member

Twitter:
    _LeCielVAN
    I want to protect Techi more than anymore. A graduation is some that SHE would decide, not the fans what the hell.

Sorry for this post :cry:

17. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    Translated Hirate's blog here

18. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

@too much idea thanks for the blog tranlsation and Techi finally updated her blog after 148 days since her last update on July 21st 2017:^^;:

fanart of Techi

[​IMG]

source

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
  19. Bastet

Bastet Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    In my opinion, there are two possible reasons for her behavior:

Sony views her stage persona as a crucial appeal for Keyakizaka46. They're not wrong. Look at the flood of new international fans. She is different and people love it. Japanese public already disparage their idol acts especially the 48 groups. They see them as a national embarrassment and I think Sony wants to stray away from that image.
    How will that affect Keyaki's core fanbase though? I'm not sure. It might be fatal but it all comes down to Sony and whether they care about the core fanbase vs the Japanese public/international fans.

OR

Techi has a serious problem going on and she needs immediate help.

20. candykeyaki

candykeyaki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Its only my opinion but what i think is Techi somehow developed distaste for public audiences. I'm not sure if its bc of the events that happened this year (add that to her rebellious phase) all the crisis happened to her (overexhausion, crazy fans, etc.) it definitely left a huge impact in her because from what i noticed, is she does well during her radio, where its just her & staffs and also well with her members tho its probably more during private (her recent pic with Ozeki showed it, also in their mobames where they mention her) the fns performance had audience too but theres only few, a lot of them was fellow artists & celebrities, music station where theres only few audience, akb show & music fair where its just staffs...so idk if makes sense but i noticed that she only has that "uninterested look" when theres a lot of audience around.

I dont really know what to make of this but I just noticed