1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

MNL48 News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'MNL48 News & Releases' started by MurasakiSora, Mar 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarah Grace

Sarah Grace Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokomichiyuri
    About the twins, I was at their back during Team 8's performance at SM. Their guardian (I'm assuming SHE is their guardian) is standing beside me and one time, one of the twins went to her and borrowed her(the guardian's) phone. Their guardian said something to her. She(one of the twins) then moved towards a guy who was sitting and said something about his wallet (I think that guy's wallet is falling out of his pocket). The twins are so lovable and admirable.

PS I'm sorry if what I'm saying isn't clear.

Sent from my H220 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  2. zelkova3

zelkova3 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    that was my wallet =))) it has loose change btw =))))
    They were suppose to compete for the Yoshinoya bowl thou but staff can only accomodate 4 girls :(

3. miruru

miruru Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hiratarina
    TPE48 also had 1 from akb48 taiwan kks

4. ooioo

ooioo Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    yamashitaemiri
    @welp, Well, I've read before that the very foundation of the Filipino "love team" gimmick started as a publicity stunt to cut down costs in promotion. Philippine showbiz has always thrived in gossip. Gossip, in and itself, has already been entertainment.

Which is kind of bad if they're bringing in the values of AKB to the country. It will be hard striking a balance between the two.

Speaking of balance, Team 8's visit to the country, the reaction to their performance, and the Showtime footage, made me think, how will ABS or HHE bring in the balance to the program?

There's this side of cosplayers, Japanese culture or, heck, East Asian culture fans, and East Asian ido fan applicants, and on the other side, we get another group who simply, bought ABS's promotion, "na maghahanap ng pasisikatin" (find someone to make famous) the so-called "normies" as what they say.

I've also heard that MNL48 will be bringing in weekly updates to the program starring the Hashtags.

@zelkova3, speaking of unique/interesting candidates, I've voted for one particularly cute candidate, akinne, who has a birthmark in her face. I'm not sure if she's still in it, but it would be interesting if she can get in. She would be the first AKB idol with that kind of feature.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  5. zelkova3

zelkova3 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    voted for akinne :)

Oh i wanna check out the twins of TPE48. Im not familiar sorry
    Can you please provide their names @miru

6. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
  7. dunkindonato

dunkindonato Upcoming Girls

ABS will do what ABS wants to do. My expectations are more focused on the Theater. At the end of the day, it's the Theater that will be MNL48's bread and butter and something that would be generally out of the reach of ABS-CBN.

You know, I hate that term. Not only is it condescending, but very ironic as well. The vast majority of members joined the group because they needed work or a possible stepping stone into the entertainment industry. If you limit the applicants to just girls who are AKB fans (or at least idol fans), you're going to see a very small selection rooted for by a very small fanbase. The audition needs people from all walks of life to generate enough interest.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ooioo

Oshimen:
    yamashitaemiri
    @dunkindonato, sorry for using the term "normies." I've been seeing it lately and it's been giving those "fans" the authority over those who just came in. It does sound condescending.

About the theater system, isn't it a new concept to the country? Do you think first gen will be promoting themselves in mall tours first?

9. Nanachan.mnl48

Nanachan.mnl48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Hi i'm an applicant of mnl48 . and tbh i don't even know what's happening anymore.
    those girls who auditioned in GPU (Girl Power Unite) are already in the list of applicants in mnl48 site.

10. zelkova3

zelkova3 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    neat!!! at least the Duran sisters can look forward to something ^_^
    I hope TPE debut's first so that we can all observe. and yes give them tips

11. dunkindonato

It wasn't directed at you. I dislike the term in general. A casual fan who paid money to watch in the Theater has as much right as the hardcore wota with his light-sticks, placards (which are banned in the Theater, IIRIC), and chants. The same goes for a girl who saw an audition for a girl group and decided to try her luck, and the girl whose "wota-ness" make her pepper her speech patterns with random Japanese words.

It's a new concept, but it's a requirement and it would be the group's home. Mall tours are good, but it can only do so much, and it is also not cost-efficient.

GPU is a group being formed by ABS-CBN under "It's Showtime!". That was before it was revealed that ABS-CBN will be HHE's partner in forming MNL48. Not much was heard since then and we've been getting reports that those who auditioned for it are also encouraged to try out for MNL48.

I'm not familiar with GPU's eligibility requirements, but MNL48's are pretty much black and white.

12. lylesenpai

lylesenpai Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Hopefully... MNL48 will have a clean, fair selection process of candidates to be our 1st Gen, frankly speaking... Not hoping, but at the back of my mind i think it wasn't so bad if we ever get to have our own proud group. *sigh* why does crab mentality still keeps on going thru this world! I was wondering... loljk

I was hoping that AKS will manage the selection, and will not rely on votes online... surely that they already realized that voting online has been "hacked" sooo~ there we have it.

13. ooioo

Oshimen:
    yamashitaemiri
    Question though, this GPU has been all over the place. Is this only promoted within the show itself? I don't see it being openly promoted, not even online.

(I don't have TV I admit, but even I knew about Pastillas Girl.)

@lylesenpai, the way I look at it, it felt like everything in MNL48 has something fishy in it. The applicants, if not creating phony accounts for likes, ask for likes from fellow applicants, some retract their likes, and ABS's is seemingly trying to claw its influence in by ushering GPU to MNL48.

14. NoxDWN

NoxDWN Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    NoxDWN
    Those twins are just so adorable I hope they will debut, also that Akinne girl is beautiful ! Her birth mark looks like a pink little piece of the moon !
    I wish you the best @Sarah Grace I looked at your message and it was super cute TT I hope you will gain confidence from this show

I'll try to vote later this week end for all our favorites ^^
    On another note I will that messy audition will end ;;

15. Sarah Grace

Sarah Grace Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokomichiyuri
    Thank you for the encouragement ^_^ I'm really grateful for your words. I'll work harder to be more confident :D

I hope that the issues of MNL48 will be fixed :/ We are still in the first part of the audition yet things got so messy. I wish that they had this kind of process: ground audition -> training -> voting system -> final members -> debut.

Sent from my H220 using Tapatalk

16. Helliezza

Helliezza Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Brilliant Idea, however im seeing MNL48 audition system to be like procedure101, with the incoming produce48,
    MNL48 and TPE48 are the first ever SG that have a different audition platform thus correlating to the recent announcement made by aki-p itself, any mistakes and lapses can be polish through this idea and they can improve it more through produce48.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  17. dunkindonato

GPU wasn't promoted widely outside of Showtime. A huge part in why GPU is ever present in MNL48 discussions is because a lot of fans don't trust ABS-CBN not to twist this whole affair to their advantage.

While I'm not against the HHE - ABS-CBN partnership, I do know the network enough to expect them trying to get something out of this. My own take is that GPU is their back up plan either if MNL48 fails or once the partnership ends.

It created its own economy, an unfortunate consequence of the voting system. It will even-out in the end, though, once training camp starts and reality checks in.

Training finalists before the final selection has always been tricky, cost-wise. They'd probably go into a form of boot-camp and give them an experience on how the girls of AKB48 get trained, but the full-on training won't happen until after the selection.

18. yanamii

yanamii Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    xujiaqi
    In the very first place, why does MNL48 has the different way of handling the auditions?? Even though TPE48 has voting systems as well, it is already for the final round. But MNL48 hasn't even had their candidates screened yet...

19. zelkova3

zelkova3 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    ok saw this on my friend's fb
    the GPU thingy is affecting rank 1 as well
    upload_2017-12-7_13-45-48.png
    (Okay, backing out now)

20. punlordkaede

punlordkaede Kenkyuusei

completely agree w/ you on that second comment, being a big fan or wota is not a qualifying factor because many japanese girl joined akb to become models, actress or singers as well

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.