1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

MNL48 News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'MNL48 News & Releases' started by MurasakiSora, Mar 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    Yeah, that's why the girls are probably more aggressive now in promoting themselves because of it.

2. yuckytash

yuckytash Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Sato Minami
    I'm really new with MNL48, could someone give me a quick rundown of the mess so far? I've tried reading through the forums but everything is so jumbled and confusing... There's this one girl I want to support (she's fairly high in votes) and I hope she hasn't been doing any cheating...

3. ooioo

ooioo Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    yamashitaemiri
    This kind of dampened me, to some degree, with reservations.

I'm not sure what she really is in person and it's so easy to hate on her for having all of those votes at top 1, with everyone hurling accusations at her, but you can't help but feel for her. It's so near yet you'd wonder if it's even worth it to continue.

But for this to come from the Number 1 in the votes raking, makes you wonder if it's even worth it to continue.

(And to be honest, the rumored GPU girls posted don't even come close to her, or not even close to some girls I've seen.)

Someone did a quick runthrough of the rumored GPU participants who "infiltrated" MNL48. If you want to get a list, just PM me although you can see it in Facebook.

@howcome, please tell me, and answer me right now because I've been quoting you before, you mentioned the Number 1 girl getting perks during the auditions, but why is she openly telling us that she'd give up?

We've been through this before:

- For the Filipinos to wet their toes on the Senbatsu
    - To try something new

Let's just say our country is just too damn slow in doing things.
    Quick Timeline:

- MNL48 announced, HHE was announced to be local partner for AKS for MNL48
    - HHE created a website/tool, a free-for-all application site for all the girls to come in and submit their photo and videos.
    - After some time without update, HHE announced partnership with ABS-CBN to promote MNL48
    - MNL48 kicks off nationwide audition tour.
    - They decided to put MNL48 on a local noon-time show "It's Showtime"
    - Around almost sometime November of this year, there were rumors of Girl Power Unite being promoted in the same show. I thought it was the same as MNL48 because they're using the girl power tagline.
    - Turns out Girl Power Unite was an It's Showtime exclusive. Some girls had already auditioned for it and there were some people coming to the audition site being asked if they "were called."
    - People began drawing comparisons from PBB, where some mysterious person comes in and gets inside. It's about ABS always having their way to inch people who didn't go to the auditions.

If you think cheating isn't widespread, sadly, it's not...

Let me just quote this one I found in the MNL48 page:

Life Is A Game And Every Player Is Cheating

-Eva Stachniak

4. welp

welp Next Girls

Thailand has similar culture so called "Koo jin" (basically "ship"). Within BNK, there are dozens of ships now. (There are various combinatiosn out of same members such as, there are Orn-Tawaan, Orn-Noey and Noey-Tawaan.) In my opinion, to drop, to not adhere to the "value of AKB" is the better mindset to promote the group to mass market. Just offer what the public will like within AKB format. The indonesian like JKT's members who are loud, aggressive when they speak. The Thai prefers elder members of not girly characters. It's not like the AKB has much value to begin with.

Those wotas on high horse will offend new fans and pollute the fandom. At first, BNK's has problem with fans who followed Japanese 48 groups for years and labeled new fans as "muggles". Now that new fans outnumber old fans, the fandom also has more public friendly atmosphere.

Are you sure? The theatre will be pretty much a customary symbol rather than a key revenue generator. It is even possible the theatre will cause loss. JKT's theatre barely is profitable.

5. punlordkaede

punlordkaede Kenkyuusei

answering your question
    personally also not sure but what i said before is also true so yeah
    what is very odd to me also is before people were very against her but now plenty of them are supporting her, in any case the suspicion is coming from because she has no social media account outside of instagram
    so how is she getting likes or promoting because most of the girls are promoting over the internet of course
    it is the faster way, you will also see it if the girl is mentioned on social media because a lot of people are reposting or sharing for her account to be voted but we dont see any of that yet she gets thousands of likes in just 2 days worth??

i do not hate any people in particular but it is just logic if you think of it one by one

6. Sarah Grace

Sarah Grace Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokomichiyuri
    MNL48 posted in their page: https://www.facebook.com/mnl48offic...fref=gs&dti=969065003239290&hc_location=group

"We all would want to have qualified idols win this competition. Creating fake and dummy accounts to boost your vote is not something very admiring. Let's protect #MNL48 idol search. #MNL48Start#WeAreOneMNL48"

I think the management is aware of what's happening. I also think that they want things to be clear and arranged based on their statement: "Let's protect #MNL48 idol search."

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  7. zelkova3

zelkova3 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Now the question is..... is rank 1 a scape goat, or is this a publicity stint...

Im loving the plot here tbh but if worst comes to worst, I cant help but feel bad for the applicant friends that I support tbh:(

8. Rayan

Rayan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kawamotosaya
    I do not see any problems if they auditioned as long as they adhere with the rules and requirements of MNL48 particularly the no contract rule.

Sent from my FL02 using Tapatalk

9. ooioo

Oshimen:
    yamashitaemiri
    @howcome, Anyway, I'm still skeptical about the role of GPU and ABS here.

I've always tried to reserve my judgment until we get to the final product. Whether or not we find out these girls got in because of "connections" they will face some backlash from fans and from fellow girls who went in through the process.

As what @Vivienne mentioned, she questioned the staff about GPU and they don't have any idea at all. Whereas, we get these eyewitness accounts of this "Bing Ramos" and some guards asking if "they were called back."

We've all seen this before. But what if it's different this time?

What if, in all actuality, GPU was actually planned either before MNL48 became a reality or when it became a reality but before the ABS-HHE partnership, but MNL48 turned out to be the better deal for ABS, and so the former was scrapped and the GPU girls were left to bite in the dust.

Goes to show that I really feel that we're really working with 2 companies here.

@welp, The concept of the Love Team had gone as far back as early 1920s in the Philippines.

About the theater, my thoughts as well. Real Estate in Metro Manila like every other major world city is getting insanely expensive, which made me think that that HHE Japan Culture Mall they were making is just unrealistic. What more about the theater?

Take a gander at Malaysia:

http://aramajapan.com/news/cool-japan-fund-flops/82379/

@zelkova3, I feel that way too. With all the fake news around. But then...

[​IMG]

10. Rayan

Rayan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kawamotosaya
    Upon checking in the internet, Bing Ramos is a contestant coordinator for It's Showtime.

Sent from my FL02 using Tapatalk

11. zelkova3

zelkova3 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    @ooioo lol:D a bit savage thou but
    [​IMG]

12. Daddy long legs

Daddy long legs Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sunrui
  13. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

The other day I was walking around Glorietta, and recently they got the rooftop portion partially open for public access (so far, there's a Korean restaurant, with others soon to follow). From what documents I read and noticed previously, and what I could guess, the Centris is undergoing a makeover, and hence the would-be Theater would follow suit, and that the Glorietta rooftop site may also serve as a temporary home until the Centris Theater is completed in the next two years. In addition, there are possible plans to create what appears to be a "little Tokyo"; in addition to the temporary Theater, there would be an overseas branch of Animate, to sell original anime-related goods.

14. ooioo

Oshimen:
    yamashitaemiri
    @soul.assassin, I'm not sure if you mean the one facing a BPO building but if you mean that, I highly doubt it would be the one. It's just me but it's too small for a theater.

The Centris one has signs; I saw them making a movie stars cafe. That hall there, the one being made, among the patches of buildings in Centris, is that really the theater?

Though my greatest dream is for MNL48 to perform in Saguijo. Imagine that :D

15. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

I found the HH article.

http://hallohallo.com/news/06-23-17

Seems small a space to have twice-weekly performances, but considering the equally small size of the fandom (judging from the size of last weekend's audience), it makes sense to have a small venue for a while.

(I once looked at pictures on the progress of transforming an old cinemahouse into SNH's highly-modernized theater.)

16. Akira Midori

Akira Midori Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    While were talking about allegations of cheating, I have seen some "new" face in the top 100 ranking in which, at least 90% of their total likes came from the past 7 days. Isn't this a little bit strange? one applicant ranked 40+++ has 545 total likes in which, 525 of it are "weekly" likes

I just hope the ticket price would not be expensive. 250 - 300 php maybe? If they could keep the price to that price range, I can literally watch MNL48 once every week. (im from south, gas and toll fees are EXPENSIVE. )

17. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

Considering the ticket price in JKT (about Php400 at the current exchange rate with the Indonesian currency), I'm sure it'll be just as affordable.

I think they could also compensate for the earnings from ticket prices by including merchandise (hopefully, genuine) for fans to purchase.

---------------
    Okay, something else I need to get off my chest: this "Girl Power Unite" thing coming from the broadcaster; being effectively having no television for (what?) several years -- I bother myself watching TV only for the news since I have a dim view of Philippine entertainment in general but I latched onto MNL48 on the hopes it could change the status quo and create a new generation of socially-responsible entertainment personalities -- I wasn't aware of that parallel program until that weekend, and yes, GPU muddied the waters and blurred the lines, so causing confusion to most people, including those attending the audition (hence the so-called "callback" controversy), when I thought the event was an entirely MNL48-only affair.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  18. Sarah Grace

Sarah Grace Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokomichiyuri
  19. miharuuu

miharuuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    They're verifying accounts through phone call now
    I just received a call from one of the staffs to verify information that I have given through registering I guess this is their way now to eliminate dummy accounts now
    At the end of the phone call, I wanted to ask so many questions but my mind went blank and I just ended up saying thank you and goodbye because I was still surprised from the sudden call

20. yanamii

yanamii Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    xujiaqi
    I just received a call from an MNL48 Staff and it looks like they are verifying applicants.

They have asked the following questions:

What is your full name
    What is your nickname
    Your birthday
    Your email address
    Your address
    When did you registered?
    Thru app or website?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.