1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Rate the last film you watched

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by CDevil, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Ohmy, it's almost as if that SPOILER tab doesn't exist!

@stormy we're talking about The Last Jedi, not any of the other films?? Dunno what the Death Star has anything to do with it now.

2. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

I was just seen some tailers.
    George Lucas has been first "other" person who is seen it...
    Some said at him it was too difficult for give it personal opinion for public...
    But one reason for that is officially know...
    When him talking about Carrie, it like him talking about her was him own....

But any Carrie scene wasn't cut...
    Her only and her only was that ... You know...

3. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Last Jedi blew my mind...

I want to go see it again... immediately!

4. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

That would've been helpful clarification in the upper quote. I didn't know what you were talking about, dude... so I'm going to assume you mean 'not my issues with the plot of R1', which is what *I* was talking about...

Not going to go see LJ when it gets here -- as both of us (my wife and I, for clarification) are aspies, so aren't looking forward to sharing a packed theater full of drunk Warbois whispering the lines to each other. You go ahead, though -- I'll watch it in a couple of weeks when I can actually enjoy the movie. :rolleyes:

And... SPOILER ALERT -- just because it says 'spoiler' here... doesn't mean it IS a spoiler.

5. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

@stormy I didn't even quote YOU in the message where I asked about theories???

I quoted @hrs0722 and yet you went on with your stuff lol

Also, you can tone down the snobism.
    If anything, tye 'warbois' are going to be the mkst respectful audience to watch this movie with as they've been waiting for years for this and they want to take everything in.

In a couple of weeks it's all going to be full of screaming kids, so have fun with that.

Anyway, watched it again yesterday and after the initial shock, it's now one of my favs.

LONG LIVE THE SUPREME LEADER!

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
  6. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Which supreme leader? Well. There were gambling, child slavery on horse racing, Asian girl kissing a black guy, & kamikaze. Examining people reactions, there're people praising TLJ as 2nd TESB but there're people who think it's horrible (just check RottenTomato) and Rian Johnson is to blame. Well at least he won't be the director of Episode IX.

7. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

No, but he's directing a whole new trilogy, so it's all good.[hehe]

8. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

Is rumored to be based on "Knights of The Old Republic". ??
    So, it was timelined at opposite place than Last Jedi, Well about 100 years at events that phantom mentance?

Well... what next? Story about Rey? Story how old repulic founded?

Just ...

9. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

Singin' in the rain (no, I'm not joking, I never had watched it :blush:). I enjoyed it and the dancing parts are spectacular. 7/10
    PS: It's funny. I always believed Gene Kelly was one of the best dancers and Donald O'Connor was the 'friend' of Francis, but now I realized Donald was perhaps even a better dancer ¡and he would have been a great circus artist!
    PS2: if you don't know anything about the movie, Gene Kelly or the mule Francis...don't worry, it's only that you're too young [hehe]
    PS3: A trivia note. Debbie Reynolds was the mother of Princess Leia...

10. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

And Billie Lourd' grandmother...

I have seen... That.... Is my mothers think about musical....

Not bad... But not remember when seen it...

11. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

There is no info about the new trilogy, only fans making up rumours.

I believe it’ll be something completely new with just some Jedi or Sith action somewhere.

As for the next anthology films, Obi Wan should be next after Han Solo.

So the calendar should/could look like:

• 2018: Solo
    • 2019: Episode IX
    • 2020: Kenobi
    • 2021: New Trilogy 1st
    • 2022: Anthology (Fett?)
    • 2023: New Trilogy 2nd
    • 2024: Anthology (Yoda?)
    • 2024: New Trilogy 3rd
    • 2025: Episode X?
    I really don’t want them to release more than one SW film a year.

There is already some fatigue with superheroe films because we get at least 4 every year and the formula is getting boring (even though they still pull the numbers).

And to think Fantastic Beasts will go on until 2026. :^^;:

12. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

I don't think there can be 10 episode... But I think I sure that Rey not be used that person and maybe 10 is something these Rey's and Finn children's fate, are them follow wich road....
    But I think that it is going more and more gray ... There will be balance again... But how long?

That 'old Repulic' was rich think... But what new for it are?

Balance all begin and balance all ends... So that even if that end peace it will broken down in someyear at wery stupid reasons...

9 is end at story of Skywalkers...
    Or to be... 9 was be end story about Vader? Well... One Sw film per year... Well...

13. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

Reviews on a couple of NF docs (not SW-related, sorry kids... though NF has quite a few of them -- one about the fan community, hmm...)
    • The Real Miyagi -- a documentary about the legacy of a Japanese karate sensei (Demura Fumio) who gave up everything to teach in the US, and how he influenced a generation of martial artists (Bruce Lee, Chuck Norris, Steven Seagal). He was also the basis for Pat Morita's Miyagi in Karate Kid.
      Sort of long, rather plodding at times... but not all stories can be summed up in bumper-stickers. It was also interesting to hear another account about WWII aftermath, from firsthand perspectives on the Japanese side. 7/10
    • DMT: The Spirit Molecule -- interested in this topic since my gut meds work with re-uptake inhibitors. I always suppress the tendency to assert my past experiences with this subject, but sadly this was mostly a mashed-together mess of the usual personalities/word salad that stereotypically promote use of hallucinogens, so my only interest was in hearing stories of experiences. Think Erowid stories in video form... a lot of enthusiasm but too little critical thinking for me to take seriously. And someone get host Joe Rogan a suit that actually fits him. 2/10
    • Ghost of the Mountains -- doc about chasing footage of the ultra-elusive snow leopard in deep Western China. Cats' lives are just as hard as a Bengal tiger's in Madhya Pradesh, just at >14K feet & temps in the teens Fahrenheit. Locations are achingly beautiful, fiercely gorgeous and deadly. Was riveted at the kind of resourcefulness one needs just to get there, never mind live there for months. Doc was stale in places, but that's to be expected for an IRL flow of events. 7/10

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
  14. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

It's been so sad that Pat was already dead... Good acting and sometimes him so fun... And it's more than just these Karate kid - movies...

Although him is Karate sensei at one tv serie ... Or joke of that...

15. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Don't open if you haven't watched The Last Jedi, spoiler inside!

That slave kid may have important role in Episode IX!

Episode IX is directed by J.J Abrams. After that he'll work for Hollywood adaptation of Your Name. Can you imagine American Your Name?

16. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

American Your Name can burn.
    Can't wait for it to flop so Hollywood realises there is NO NEED to remake stories that aren't even two years old.

As for Star Wars...

I doubt the kid himself will be important at all.
    I think it was more of a way to say "See? The Force isn't anybody's. Anyone can be a Jedi!"

Since now we know that Rey's parents were nobodies (until IX, that is), it looks like they wanted to show there are other Force-sensitive individuals in the universe that aren't related to the Skywalker clan at all, hence taking away the spotlight from the family.

The kid might appear in the next film as a padawan of sorts, but I think there will be more.
    Since Rey took the Jedi books (when though?), the story points at her trying to bring back the order.
    Or at least, she's probably going to try and find other potentials and train them to use the Force (for good).

17. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

Why not S.A.S ? Well maybe that not after all him story... Although series composer or that who use piano-pencil -paper for him work for even nowadays!

Hmmm... What American versions I have seen and liked both? I meet both original and American... Let me in/ Let right in is only for that... Where I looked both and liked both... Only that book I not yet been read...
    Edit": Must say that, hrs0722, that think is seen more cute and ... I think I can allowed it at all..
    What cam. 9 ... What you think? Are it end darkness ( which up Rey possible children's at same as Luke), Lightness ( what possible for one them go to dark) or... Just peace ( and broken after stupid reasons... )

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
  18. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

Welcome to the WTF Star Wars moment of the day! [hehe]

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 1
  19. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

An old one... spoilers, in case you're the one person who hasn't seen this:
    • The Hateful Eight -- so you may've realized by now, I don't usually go to cinema in release weeks, due to people who're pathologically unable to shut the fuck up and watch the movie... so catch it weeks later in matinee, or streamed (which of late, has been pretty good for most movies we like at least)... but sometimes they fall off our radar altogether...

Hate Fellate (well, it *is* a Tarantino movie) wasn't a big priority when Farce Awakens, Jry, The Big Shart, and The Ruminant, were all in the same stack on the marquee two Xmases ago... and tbh, the reviews + another dose of that Guarantino Ultraviolence, wasn't really all that Xmas-y, we thought (even though we both find the commercial lemming-swarm of the holiday, repugnant). Back-burner. Next...

Two years later... another Store Whores film, The Lost Credi, is in theatres... along with Cor: Rag 'n' a Rock, Just This League... and little else. So back to NF I scroll and click... a lull in the schedule + lunch allowed me to catch Hate Fellate, finally. Nothing else is really pressing (for a site called Netflix... not so many top flicks anymore). Okay, what the hell...

Imagine you have someone who's seen all the best Westerns ever set to celluloid (John Ford era, IMO), plus a ton of the schlocky but popular ones (all the Wayne & Eastwood Westerns, plus the spaghettis) and now has the chance to make his own homage to them... but also wants to fold in quite bald-faced influences from his own movies (Res Dogs, esp), plus movies with the Ten Little Murder Victims trope he likes (The Thing, esp)... then as a garnish, a last-minute rewrite due to a script leak. This is that movie, exactly... right up until about 3/4 way through, where it suddenly becomes a redemption arc for a racist. W.T.F, over...

Lots of talking, lots of cleverness, great acting by Walter Goggins. Congrats, Tarantino -- I hated it. 3/10

20. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

More NF surfing, 1.5 - 2.5 hrs at a time...
    • OtherLife -- a plot with immediate appeal for me (play of futurist thought set in near-future reality a la Her + nested layers of consciousness a la Inception + good ol' wholesome, part-of-a-nutritious-breakfast cyberpunk a la The Matrix), unfortunately let down by a slightly clunky script, and just as immediate awareness that said script had somehow been pared down too much to final from its literary version (Solitaire by Kelley Eskridge)... in the end it just makes you feel like you've watched a Netflix original, imagine that... not quite movie-level scale, but ill-fitting a TV script. And that's the impression that seems to stick the strongest.

A surprisingly visceral performance from Jessica De Gouw as Ren Amari... I'd not watched Arrow or Underground, so had no prior impressions upon which to taint the work... while she wasn't Meryl Streep, she also was nowhere near say, Gina Carano or Michelle Rodriguez or Ronda Rousey... all of which I reckon make a *lot* more than Jessica per gig. Her performance was measured, soulful, complex... and most importantly, restricted by a script with enough corners cut from it to qualify as spherical. Every character except for Ren was pretty much 8-bit in resolution...

That said it's balanced somewhat by the gorgeous location settings (what little we see of them is a crime) and the competent cinematography that desaturates and plays with the harsh Perth light as in Inception... and astonishingly, as in the US (Gore Verbinski) version of The Ring, esp the water montages... which is one of my favorite movies to show as an example of how to tell a story/create and sustain a sense of deep dread/amplify the spookiness of Seattle, with almost no dialogue.

But man -- what a story. And what a movie it would've made, in Chris Nolan's hands, with a Chris Nolan budget. 6/10