1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Stage48 Feedback & Suggestions VI

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by Mr Waffle, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Kuura

Kuura Future Girls Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    @ithebigc @Cristafari Please move Unjo Hirona's (currently in HKT Kenkyuusei subforum) thread to the team KIV subforum. She was promoted to KIV on 26th November.

2. vshav

vshav Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    Hi, there is a typo for Sasaki Kotoko's name under the Oshimen option list. Hers become Sasaki Kotone instead. Just fyi, she is Nogizaka46's 2nd generation member. My profile picture and oshimen info for description.

I am a new member here so I am not sure whom to tag, though from previous comments I suppose it would be @ithebigc or @Cristafari . Thank you very much :)

3. Ugokanaide

Ugokanaide Member Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Moriyasu Madoka
    @ithebigc @Cristafari I see that Nappi was updated to Team KIV's subforum, but not the other KKS. Jitoue Nene is also on KIV, Toyonaga Aki is on H and everyone else was promoted to TII. And Inoue Yuriya should be moved from Team H to graduated. Thank you

4. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

Hello, is it possible to have a new sub-forum for recent releases/events? I believe that this would make things easier to track for people who are here to follow 48g news. There are so many groups now it's hard to keep track. Personally, I totally didn't realize HKT was releasing an album since their section is so far down the main page. Worst still is the Solo/Sub unit releases which are dead bottom. Maybe after a month or so after their release they can be moved into their respective sub-forums?

@ithebigc @Cristafari

5. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Hi, many new users may not be aware, but the oshimen function on this forum is broken. So at this point we are unable to make any changes to it. Still waiting for BigC to announce any update on this issue.

They should all be in their proper places, AFAIK. I changed them about a week ago.

As for your first suggestion, I am not sure what you mean. Like create another section dedicated to new releases?

As for the solo section. I do agree that it should be higher on the forum, and actually made that exact same suggestion before I was a moderator. However, it was decided at the time that it would stay in its present position. But if @ithebigc has a change of heart, I would still love to see it repositioned, especially since it is where my oshimen's release threads are located.

6. takajuro

takajuro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimanatsuki
    Twitter:
    takajuro
    Hello! Is it posible move the SNH48 Thread to “OTHER48”? I think this is the best place.

7. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

Yea.. Like right now there's an AKB section, an SKE section, an NMB section, an HKT section, each with its own three sub-forums for events/releases, discussion, and members etc. I'm thinking of maybe a whole new section right at the very top for new events/releases regardless of which group its for so that we can have a quick overview of whats new in the group.

So the homepage would look something like:

Stage48
    • Announcements & News
    • Forum Projects
    • Forum Events

Latest News & Releases (new section I'm suggesting)

AKB48
    • AKB48 News and Releases
    • General AKB48 Discussion
    • Teams etc.

SKE48
    • SKE48 News and Releases
    • General SKE48 Discussion
    • Teams etc.

NMB48
    • NMB48 News and Releases
    • General NMB48 Discussion
    • Teams etc.

I keep wondering where the fairy wink discussion thread is and it totally didn't occur to me that there's actually one just right at the bottom.

8. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    Rather than that, because I assume threads would have to be created in that section and then once it's not recent it will have to be moved back to the appropriate group subforum which if we don't have active mod who can move threads then the suggested subforum is pretty much useless, how about a search function like "New Posts" or "Recent Posts" but instead of returning any thread with updates, it returns newly created threads in the news & releases sections of each group's subforum? I think that is better and timeless.

9. Erbeon

Erbeon Member

Oshimen:
    Oguri Yui
    Maybe it's good to create Discord channel for Stage48 in place of "old IRC"? It's not only VoIP. Many communities are using Discord as "community chats".

If someone has written about it or Stage48 discord channel is existing now, then sorry :worthy:

• Like Like x 1
  10. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    I would like the mods to ban the posting of 48videodouga links. In the interest of protecting the users here.

The site is known to run a script on visitor's computers. The script is designed to mine cryptocurrency.

Name of the script is coin-service.com/script/wasm.

This is the same group that, disingenuously, has recently asked for donations.

11. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

I probably have to disagree with @hjr1891 here. Other alternative links that can be posted here is either from Youtube or Dailymotion. Both has the latent risk of being taken down(or worse, sniped by third party), leading to dead links.

edit: The only other links that I personally deemed safe to post here is bilibili. Even then, it's a choice of lesser evil.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  12. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    So you are fine with other people loading things onto your pc, without your knowledge and to your detriment, for what? Idol content that you can literally get a dozen or more places that are much safer?

Take the risk yourself, fine. But don't expect or require others to do the same.

If they (48douga) have no issue running a script (that admittedly is mostly harmless, except for running your cpu at or near maxed out) without your prior knowledge. Then they have no issue giving you a trojan/ransomware/ect. Or the russian authors of the coin-service script could update their script tomorrow with one of the aforementioned malwares.

As for take downs. 48douga is not safe from that, either. They have been axed on more than one occasion. So that is a moot point.

13. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

As I said, it's a choice of lesser evil. Worthy to be informed to the masses as precaution, but not to the point of hard banning policy on this forum.....

At least until other place are ready to literally replace it. Then lets roll. You better advice us some alternative site, man.:lol:

14. Tsumu

Tsumu Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

This is just general level musings but if only sites would honestly ask if user would like to support them instead hiding questionable (forced) methods within the site code. If the site wants to utilize cryptocurrency funding methods, fine. Just make it visible with user choice opt-in. Another thing that is overlooked is quality control because those $$$ block the view of overall picture. That or the actual technical know-how is non-existent.

Shady methods only creates suspicion and bad blood.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  15. round

round Kenkyuusei

Hey, it would be nice if the NMB48 5th generation members could be added as a choice for the "Oshimen" field. Pretty sure they're not there, unless I'm blind.

16. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    List is full. And even if it were not, nobody with access to it knows how to add/remove.

17. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    Has there ever been a discussion to simply, create a new Stage48, or "hand over" the site to moderators who will be willing to update the site? I feel like, while we've been given info about the administrators being MIA, we're still kinda left in the dark? S48 takes donations to keep the site running, correct? so can't we just do a complete overhaul of the forum to sort out a lot of problems it has? @ithebigc

18. Endu

Endu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kato Shiho
    I'm pretty sure Waffle is the only one in control of the donations account.

The depressing thing is, the guy isn't even MIA. Actually, if you check his profile, he was online only a few days ago when Stage stopped working. Every time there are problems on the site, he sooner or later appears, fixes them, writes a short statement on twitter (!) and disappears again. All he seems to care about is keeping this site running, everything beyond that seems to be completely out of his interest. Don't ask me why. I mean, I'm grateful that he does fix the problems, but why doesn't he invest more work or appoint people who are willing to do what he can't or doesn't want to do? It seems like he doesn't want to let go of his "power", but he doesn't really care about the fandom either anymore as well.
    I think the thing which makes all of this unbearable is that there hasn't been any kind of explanation/statement by him and Stage's existance depends solely on his motivation to keep the site running. The day a small problem arises and he doesn't come and fix it, it's basically over.

19. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    @Endu @rka thanks. I just think it's pretty sad that he has no desire to converse with the people who are actively trying to keep this place alive. Like of course appearing once in a blue moon to pay the fee for the server is nice, but whats the point in putting money towards a server that has so many flaws (that would be very easy to fix if he just allowed people the power to do it)?
    I really love S48 and would be sad to see it go, but at the same time, I would much rather welcome a new forum that's updated to fit our needs, and if that means leaving this forum to create a new one than so be it. It's not a job only one person can have (as this forum has showed us) so we would need lots of dedicated people to help run the site if that's what it comes down to.

20. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Creating a new English based international 4846G discussion platform? Sure. Who's down to create a new forum (community) with me? I'm free after April to organize a revolution...Ugh I mean reformation.

I don't mind giving up my post counts and likes I accumulated here lol what I care about is contents and a community that actually cares.

Time to do something about it instead of complaining all the time.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk