1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Event / Concert AKB48 Group in TDC: Concerts & Request Hour Setlist Best 100 2018 (2018/01/13 - 2018/01/21)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by lionel90, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Dee

Dee Kenkyuusei

Loved the concert series too ^^

I still think RH and Draft Kaigai should be their own thing. They involve 48G as a whole, and hold votings and decisive matters. They're comparable to Junken, and almost to SSK to a degree.

Whereas these other concerts are only of concern to the involved party and their fans. Instead of RH and D3, it could have been another unit, solo, generation, team, or group concert. Maybe even a concert for all the D2 girls in 48G, featuring D1. I'm sure mangement could think of something.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lalo Martins

Lalo Martins Member

Oshimen:
    Kudo Riko (48), Takase Kurumi
    Twitter:
    martins_lalo
    I agree RH and Draft Kaigi should not be together. But hanging all the minor concerts off some major event does make strategic sense to me.

3. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Ah, I really hope I can watch the STU concert somewhere! In the past few days, I've been really interested in them. A bit late to the party, but my interest usually starts around the first single release lol

If you know anywhere where I can watch it, I would really appreciate a PM. The setlist looks great!

• Like Like x 1
  4. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    I'd go ask @marioworldakb for anything regarding STU. Their general thread is a good place to start. Sometimes he is lonely over there :D

• Like Like x 1
  5. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    There's only a clip of snippets from jijipress posted in the STU thread and on the previous page of this thread

And this is the most moving moment of the concert :cute:
    https://twitter.com/k3pofutatabi2/status/955383090993537024

• Like Like x 1
  6. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    As always, thank you!! Also, really like your new profile image <3

• Like Like x 1
  7. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    The concert was not broadcast or streamed. So no full vid out, yet. Should make it to a DVD/Blu Ray release. Hopefully, Maybe.

8. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Complotist theory :
    2 years in a row the AKB request hour turns into a Sony Vs Toyota battle
    RH 2018 NGT48's results is mainly due to Sony's doing.

This is 100% fiction theory but we know that in Japan (and everywhere else) some big companies can also be big rivals.

So let's assume this theory can be true.
    After all, Sony as a company has enough money power to buy votes.
    What will happen for the upcoming election ?
    Is this only a glimpse of Niigata wota voting power ? (then Jurina / Sakura fans shall worry)
    or Sony's mieshevious ?

What if Toyota is tempted to answer this ? by ensuring every Team 8 girls ranks in Sousenkyo and 1 of them wins the whole thing.
    Based on last year, that means a bare minimum of let's say 12k votes for each girland 170k for the winner (20k more than what Mayu had)
    which means a minimum of something like 710k votes and I don't think this is something impossible for a company who earns thousand of billions of yen every years.

Wouldn't this create an ever bigger scandal than "So and so is in relationship" ?

• Like Like x 1
  9. VincentS

VincentS Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shitaomiu
    ^I had a chuckle

Yes Team8 is sponsored by Toyota but by a small subsidie. Overall they hold a very insignificant role and most likely, important people in Toyota don't even know they exist.
    They went down from last year of having 2 songs ranked to 1. Still didn't win.
    Well there are a good amout of fans who are mostly drawn to the whole underground idol part of it. So I am not sure voting in RH (or SSK) is really on the agenda. Thats way too corporate.

NGT on the flipside. SONY is an insanely big conglomorate, NGT is only a small blip for them.
    You just have to accept that NGT has a significant fanbase that focuses on the things with the biggest reach inside the fandom. RH and SSK. Pretty sound strategy.
    Who really cares that their singles aren't selling if they get all the cool rewards from it.

But to your main point, in no universe is either company putting money into them.
    Tho IF Sony is truely powervoting for NGT for some strange reason, Ogiyuka better win :fear::fear::fear:

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  10. enc0re

enc0re Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    encore_AC_
    Good job Sony then lool Toyota never had a chance :hehe:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    @VincentS, it's not Sony, it's Niigata. Why do you think an AKB sister group end up there?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. VincentS

VincentS Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shitaomiu
    Ah yes the secret government idol slush funds. Those cheaters.

• Like Like x 2
  13. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    it's not even 2 months since the narrative was Toyota was cutting their support completely

• Like Like x 1
  14. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    No, the super amazing group of fans of a sister group based on a "small" Japanese city that in a year went from 0 to doing almost what they wanted from Sousenkyo and Request Hour, ranking all of their songs. Not only ranking them, but ranking them by the order they wanted (which is something that a large group of people voting randomly can easily achieve, right?). They did it, but the SKE fans, from a much bigger city, with an older and probably larger number of fans, that have done what we know they have done in the Sousenkyo and in the Request Hour over the years couldn't even come close to achieve. "It's because of fanclub votes". Yes, they're the only group of fans in the whole 48G community that remembered they could do that, the same as Sashiko's. And yet, not even Sashiko fans have done as much. Oh! And I'm sure there's a lot more Kado Yuria fans than Tsugumi's and almost the same as Katomina's. Maybe someone didn't warn those two girls' fans of the trick, or, who knows, most of their fans are Czech (as in poor).

I wanted to believe, but there are certain things...

15. VincentS

VincentS Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shitaomiu
    @Aka
    As unlikely as those events are (and the way you listed them, it does sound crazy) I still doubt any higher power shenanigans.
    Without proof I will hold my opinion of them being able to gather a rabid fanbase and quite a few heavy whales doing work.
    Mostly because there doesn't seem to be anything worthwhile to do in Niigata :fear::fear:

16. enc0re

Twitter:
    encore_AC_
    Yeah Niigata people fucking love NGT. I am guessing that the high voting power of this group comes from a passionate local fanbase who may not as big in numbers but buy the hell out of everything to support NGT.

From what I also have seen in many NGT48 no Niigata Friends! episodes is that they are even connecting with the old folk exceptionally well as they get recognized quite often by them.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Shirase Miyuki

Shirase Miyuki Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    I really want to know where all that money comes from though
    Is there a possibility of a Super-Niigatan hacker existing?
    Or did the whole NegiT fanbase decided to join forces?
    If so, why didn't this happen with the whole SKE Hako oshis thingy years ago?
    I really really love NGT, but something's off, and I can't figure it out.
    At least we have one group with all members and songs properly promoted :^^;:
    It all seems like a miracle of the snow city right now, and I'm very happy for NGT and all (?) the fans who gave their best.
    My only worry is that, if this continues and NGT dominates every fan-related thing, that means that the other groups will have to stay in the shadows, and most of the girls won't even have a chance to be promoted.
    I'm sorry, but this whole let the fans vote thing is messed up.
    I really hope this helps promote NGT and focus people's attention to them, rather than gaining antis.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

I don't think you can easily get the whole fanbase to vote all of the song. They probably will need to pool the money/votes to someone (smaller group of people) and let them take care of it. If such a large scale thing happened, we should hear about it (we don't). Personally, I think it was either some entity gave them the funds (local government/label/etc) or a rich/small group of rich fans that made it happen.

• Like Like x 1
  19. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    there is also almost the same number of Hatagon fans and Ryoha fans

• Like Like x 1
  20. enc0re

Twitter:
    encore_AC_
    LOL dude must be hacking every election since last years Max-Toki win? Very unlikely that AKS would allow that. :whistle:

With these voting results, it's unavoidable that the antis become more and more. Even between the members within the AKB group. Doesn't matter how nice the group itself is. Their overwhelming success in these events is undoubtedly a double-edged sword.

• Like Like x 2