1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The STU48 Thread

Discussion in 'General STU48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Mar 27, 2017.

1. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    haha cool to know

Leave reddy boy's threads and help boost some STU threads :D

Tbh I was the other half of STU fans who opposed to pick her as the 5th. I honestly didn't think she would make it :^^;: But the other half of STU fans really stood up for this girl with the rest were just too nice and didn't want to leave the last Setouchi girl hanging. There is just so much love from our STU fan base idk if I should criticize them for being so soft. :^^;: But maybe they will prove me wrong because I might actually have missed this gem, when Sasshi said she was the girl she was hoping to pick. So I am trying to figure out what's so special about this one since she managed to split the STU fan base in half and even got attention from Sasshi and a few of us here actually saw something in her.

Since she part of the fam now, I'll go researching a bit more some time later.

lol same. I followed Oki last year and felt bad for her not making it. But Yura really caught my eyes early on and thought she should be no problem making the team and I got my time invested in Hinachan already so I didn't really follow through much, but then I didn't thought the results for the mock draft was like that so I thought she was in a bad situation and went rallying for her lol But after I found out the draft plan then I just gave my faith to all the STU fans and hope everyone else followed through the plan as well and not pulling any personal agenda backstabbing votes. And it turned out STU fans were really united and even though the plan was dumb and bold af we pulled through as a whole, with the help of Naachan's luck of course. It was truly an amazing feat that can't be done without the fans and members so I think the bond between us and the members has strengthen as well, as they believed in us and we relied on Naachan.

Yeah I see great chemistry from them already. As I went to Yura's appreciation SR last night, she said right before when they finished introducing themselves and were about to perform Omoi Dasete Yokkata in the draft, she and Oki were the w-ceters and actually looked in each other's eyes and just nodded. At that moment she said she felt this synced connection with Oki and thought Oki must've felt the same as well. It was something she said she haven't felt before in those practices and zenza performances. Then they started the song and gave their best in it.

After hearing that I just shivered, just how close the bond is already formed between these two. And seeing the draft from these two perspective it must be so dramatic and emotional ride for them. Surprisingly watching Mai getting drafted in 1st round, Oki almost got stolen to another team in 2nd and we made Yura wait for so long until the 3rd round (that she almost lost hope too). Just thinking about this in their perspective just gives me the chills how much of a thrilling ride we made them to go through. :cold:

And it didn't end there, STU fans promised to each of their Setouchi girls that everyone is gunna get picked up and was dedicated to follow through the plan until we hit Soraha. It was a moment of crossroads that might change fate of this group and it was a big decision to make. Should we follow through our promises/plan or betray the last girl for the sake of group's interest? At that time, Team K's stream broke down for 10 min or so and we HELLA debated hard that the chat flow was crazy. And when the results were shown, everyone just made peace with the results. So far I think we probably picked the right choice. And STU fans are welcoming all 5 new members into the family.

All the new girls are so grateful that STU fans picked them up and showed much love for them that when they made their speeches, they were like making vows to give their best into contributing to build up the group more in order to return the favor for fans picking them. And objectively speaking, it makes great image for STU as the group which are filled with nice people and if any girl picks STU we would simply do anything to get you on the team.

I love these girls already and they already had left an important mark in this STU narrative.

I am absolutely sure that Oki and Yura can integrate immediately with the first gens EZPZ no problemo, Soraha should do fine as well but idk about Aiko other than she has a big nose so she is like my Amiru replacement also looking like Azusa's little sister so all good. XD

Not sure about Mai too haven't following at all other than knowing she's popular and from Ehime. I wonder what she can bring to the table for us. Boost Ehime representation power with Momona?

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
  2. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    Kurayami in kurayami just ZA BEST! and ZA CURU~! I need to watch all perf.

3. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
  4. Haruka Suzuki

Haruka Suzuki Member

Oshimen:
    Isogai Kanon
    btw thank you Renappon for translating the member's questionaire. Even if it's just a little bit I feel like I'm slowly getting to know them better

5. nakotteiijan

nakotteiijan Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    矢吹奈子
    If we're into giving shoutouts, lemme plug some of my accounts and other peoples' accounts I think are worth following:
    STU48 Photo Gallery under Jisedai48 - Basically, we update the gallery with photos of new generation members. Only includes publicly available photos.
    @STU48_member_en on Twitter: Not sure if they will continue updating (since I don't know who runs it), but they translated some tweets by the official STU48 members account.
    UsotsukinaUmigame no Tumblr: STU48/Fukuda Akari translations, and some others as well (SKE48 and Team 8 mainly). Also, posts gifs and videos!
    Setouchinochiho on Blogspot: An amazing Chiho source. Basically has everything you've ever wanted.

6. qpet

qpet Future Girls

7. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    An article that detailed some of the performance moments of the STU solo con.

Loose summary of Naachan's speech:
    Naachan missed the majority of STU song practices which started more than a month ago (due to her own solo con), and because of that she felt bad since she made promises to the girls one that she will work hard together with them and make the STU solo con a success. But the girls didn't blame her and in fact when she finished her own solo con and rejoined them the girls helped her back to get familiar into the songs they were practicing and she was proud that every single girl were able to support each other and work hard (without her presence) and she was moved that she can be the captain of this group.

The highlight moment of the concert:
    During half of the ending song Setouchi no Koe, it is reported that Yumirin suddenly asked the fans in the venue to sing this song together. And every one started to join in the ballad and tears were flowing out from the audience and members.

http://www.edgeline-tokyo.com/entertainment/11776

20180121kc001.jpg 20180121kc002-300x200.jpg 20180121kc003-300x200.jpg 20180121kc004-300x200.jpg 20180121kc005-300x200.jpg 20180121kc006-300x200.jpg 20180121kc007-300x200.jpg 20180121kc008-300x200.jpg 20180121kc009-300x200.jpg 20180121kc010-300x200.jpg 20180121kc011-300x200.jpg 20180121kc012-300x200.jpg 20180121kc013-300x200.jpg 20180121kc014.jpg 20180121kc015.jpg 20180121kc016.jpg 20180121kc017.jpg 20180121kc018-300x200.jpg

==================================================

Our new draftee introduction:

Clip
    https://twitter.com/ogiyukatanimahi/status/956068289851088896
    With the addition of these 5 girls, STU will have 34 members + Naachan captain (Ponchan scheduled to retire) in this year 2018.

Miracle 4 shot video:
    https://twitter.com/korokoromilky/status/954770825625853953

DT5oxEcVwAEHr_P.jpg
    1st round pick: Nakamura Mai (18)
    Ehime
    1999/4/4
    163cm

Drawer. Performed Max Toki 315-go. Stands out for being indecisive.
    Target: Ogino yuka / Oshi :Ogino Yuka
    Audition experience over 30 times. Includes - Baito AKB, Team 8 Ehime, AKB 16th gen, STU 1st gen
    Showroom rank - 3

DT0YOEkU8AAEBGR.jpg
    2nd round pick: Oki Yuuka (18)
    Okayama
    1999/12/1
    157~157.8cm

Most popular girl being picked in this draft (Team B, Team H, Team KIV, Team TII, STU).
    Self proclaim wotaku. Owns a dog. Performed Omoi Dasete Yokatta.
    Target: Watanabe Mayu and Fukuoka Seina / Oshi: NGT Hako
    Audition experience - STU 1st gen
    Showroom rank: 14

DULCMlqVoAAxZdr.jpg
    3rd round pick: Yura Akari (18)
    Hiroshima
    1999/3/12
    154~154.5cm

Still studying in university. Actors School Hiroshima (ASH). Confident in idol songs. Performed Omoi Dasete Yokatta.
    Target: Shimazaki Haruka / Oshi: Shimazaki Haruka
    Audition experience - none. But came from ASH (Imamura Mitsuki, Mineyoshi Arisa, Ishida Chiho, Otani Marina, Team 8 Okumoto Hinano and Team 8 Okuhara Hinako)
    Showroom rank: 13

DTQl9A1UMAAPc_p.jpg
    4th round pick: Misoguchi Aiko (16)
    Okayama
    2001/8/20
    165~165.2cm

Interest is dancing. (Dance club). Special talent is playing Kendama. Extremely calm and patient.
    Target Yabuki Nako / Oshi: Yabuki Nako
    Audition experience - SKE48.
    Showroom rank: 117

DT50JPXU8AUTlCo.jpg
    5th round pick: Shinano Soraha (14)
    Hyogo
    2003/8/9
    162cm

Aimed to take her "revenge" at STU 1st gen audition. Succeeded.
    Target: Sashihara Rino / Oshi: Sashihara Rino
    Audition experience - STU 1st gen
    Showroom rank: 31

Comments:

* 4 out of 5 our new girls either had experience in STU first gen audition or from ASH. And these girls probably know the current members as well and likely already familiar too, in the case of Michu and Yura. So in a sense, we can literally see them as STU 1.5 gen instead of Draft 3 candidates starting fresh. And each one of them should be no problem integrating into the team.

** Quoting myself from the 3rd Draft thread...

Not just one but 3 of the 5 girls we drafted are pretty much recognized as solid ace material and if they end up in the current "non-senbatsu" team then it will be like an actual bonus senbatsu team formed for STU. No joke.
    The Kami-7 core for this TIII is as strong as the soon to be SII/III Kami-7 core:

CUCA, Mai, Oki, Yura, Momona, Hinako, Saki
    (Kagawa, Ehime, Okayama, Hiroshima (ASH), Ehime, Kochi, Okayama)

vs

Yumirin, Hinachan, Fuuchan, Michu, Torochan, Kanon, Ayumin
    (Yamaguchi, Yamaguchi, Osaka, Hiroshima (ASH), Aichi, Fukuoka)

*** If the management hasn't thought of making two teams right off the bat then they should really start considering. What they have on their hands now are literally full house of aces, there is so much potential to have 2 senbatsu teams. I'm really happy with this draft result. And have high hopes this year for STU to start making some scenes in the 48G world. What is missing still is of course, the boat. But I believe the management should be already settling down a plan B for this year which is probably more tours and guest stages in sister group theaters. STU can really use these opportunities as a prolonged campaign to attract more fans around the country which is the most likely case.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
  8. xinchun

xinchun Kenkyuusei

I mentioned in the draft thread that I'd like to see that kind of lineup happen. But I do wonder if they'll do that. Because on one hand, the two "split" groups do sort of have their own chemistry already, but on the other, it may be hard to schedule theater performances if an entire team is just senbatsu... I guess granted, we don't have the theater yet. Mostly just thinking out loud... I do look forward to seeing how they handle things.

What I want to NOT see is them just making one team. They have PLENTY of girls for 2 teams now so it would be really silly to just have one team. How they divide them up, I've got ideals, but anything with 2 teams would be better than just leaving more than half of them as KKS.

...I wonder when we'll get teams, and a theater, and a boat... all that stuff...

whatifthereasonwedonthavethosethingsisbecauseeverytimesomeoneaskswherethatstuffistheydelayitforanotherday

• Like Like x 1
  9. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

OVER 30 TIMES??!?!!?

Damn, she really wants to be an idol.

10. Haruka Suzuki

Haruka Suzuki Member

Oshimen:
    Isogai Kanon
    hahaha oh god please no.

Hopefully management will announce the formation of the team(s) on the 1st debut anniversary (or maybe even takes longer because the 1.5/D3 girls need time to fully join in with the 1st gen). Personally I don't buy the idea of only making one team because it might discourage the rest of the girls and might or might not result in graduations. But as it is right now even if there's a team they don't really have as much chance to put on a show as their sister groups and it's such a big disadvantage for them.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Miyunyan

Miyunyan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hasegawarena
    This might be a really dumb question, but why isn't Chiho included in the so-called Kami 7 of STU48? Is it a official management decision, or only what fans see as Kami 7 - which would be even more surprising because I thought Chiho is one of the most selling members, even though she seems to polarize a lot. Especially because there's a big growth spurt from their beginning to now (seeing that even Achan was kicked aside as it seems).

(I'm asking this question without including the D3 girls (yet).)

I know this is heavy Chiho related now, but I thought this would be a better place to ask this question to get some answers :^^;:

• Like Like x 1
  12. nakotteiijan

nakotteiijan Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    矢吹奈子
    I personally hope they don't put all the theater girls in one team, and all the Senbatsu girls in the other team.
    My hope would be to either separate them by prefectures, like this:
    1st Team:
    Yamaguchi: Iwata Hina, Otani Marina, Takino Yumiko, Morishita Maiha. (4)
    Fukuoka: Ichioka Ayumi. (1)
    Ehime: Kadota Momona, Hyodo Aoi, Nakamura Mai. (3)
    Kochi: Shioi Hinako. (1)
    Saga: Tanaka Kouko. (1)
    Kagawa: Sakaki Miyu, Fukuda Akari. (2)
    Tokushima: Taniguchi Mahina, Mishima Haruka. (2)
    Kanagawa: Okada Nana. (1)
    Osaka: Sano Haruka, Yabushita Fu. (2)

2nd Team:
    Hiroshima: Ishida Chiho, Kai Kokoa, Shintani Nonoka, Imamura Mitsuki, Torobu Yuri, Mineyoshi Arisa, Yano Honoka, Yura Akari. (8)
    Okayama: Cho Orie, Sugahara Saki, Fujiwara Azusa, Oki Yuuka, Mizoguchi Aiko. (5)
    Aichi: Isogai Kanon. (1)
    Hyogo: Kadowaki Miyuna, Ishida Minami, Shinano Soraha. (3)
    Mie: Mori Kaho. (1)

Or by concept, have a "cool\mature" team and a "cute\energetic" team.

13. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    The management has not used the term "kami 7" directly on them. But if you might have noticed, for the past 4 months or so, the management always loves to push those 7. They been on tv shows, magazines, stages, lives and even in their app game has been those 7 on the banner. Therefore one can pretty much confirm them as the kami 7 core members.

Especially in this coming debut single, only the kami 7 members are chosen to be in multiple issues of magazines to promote the single.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

14. Miyunyan

Miyunyan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hasegawarena
    So it's like the unofficial-official Kami 7 members ...

Speaking as an STU fan, this is nice to know. Speaking as an Chiho Fan, this is quite a shame. I always have thought that she has a lot of potential to be one of them, especially seeing that she ranks everywhere in the Top 3 (at the moment) - And I guess it would be easier for me to accept it if it were any other way. I mean, my Oshimen is Renapon and she absolutely doesn't sell or rank etc., so I'm like "It is what it is" :^^;:

I don't want to argue about her work - because I know she gets a lot to do; Events, TV, etc. - I guess I just want to have some recognition about it from the official site lol

15. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    It's the current kami 7 now doesn't mean it will stay forever. They dun announce it officially is probably because they want flexibility to move around members such as Chiho, Miyumiyu, Kouko and probably Azusa lurking just behind the kami 7.

The group just started to settle down the core and it's still too early to criticize management pushes

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  16. xinchun

xinchun Kenkyuusei

I feel like doing teams strictly based on prefecture might be a little hard to maintain... Just like I'm glad they didn't follow the 2-per-perfecture format of Setouchi no Koe senbatsu. It might be interesting to do at the start, but either way I think it's not a sustainable plan long term.

17. May48

May48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Ishida Chiho
    Twitter:
    May2906
    We finally got to work on Setouchi no Koe too lol
    Translation & QC: marioworldakb
    Timing & Encoding: Vol

Don't worry, we're also working on Setobingo #2 lol
    And in case you don't already know it; All our works are online at some other page, you-know - for no direct viewing lol

18. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Also kinda forgot about this but the kami 7 was actually kinda decided when they announced the debut single formation back in May? 2017. After that the top 7 members got pushed everywhere together.

kami 7 b.jpg

kami 7.jpg

game  (750x274).jpg

Current STU Kami-7 core

if the video does not show watch the video here

Notice in this line up that Ayumin was replaced by Fukuchan>>>

if the video does not show watch the video here
    So could mean it was an experimental sub in? Anyhow from this we can speculate that the 6th or 7th spot in Kami-7 can be flexible.

I mean I don't mind Chiho subbing in Hinachan/Ayumin/Torochan/Michu/Kanon if we are talking just about HS results.

However the 3rd row senbatsu 7 seems to get more chances into doing more tv shows/radios/local events etc actually. So its like a trade off. For example, idk why Hinachan still hasn't been called to do a single STU TV show (prior to Setobingo and Imousu). For almost half a year I've waited, she still hasn't done Seto Chare, Setorip or Ganbarimasu. And she merely appeared one time on the STU radio Chirimen Party. And on the other hand, Chiho has done all of those and in fact she even got an extra tv show with Michu and Miichan on Haken Journey PLUS the short lived 3R show. Not to mention multiple times in radio shows. The management has obviously not forsaken Chiho.

So being in the core kami 7 now doesn't really mean they all get more push but rather only more public exposure. If talk about job opportunities Chiho has been given way more chances (probably the most) than a lot of members, so management is doing the right thing to spread out their aces. Everyone has a thing going for them and it's a good balance.

Exp. Michu and Honotan exclusive being on Hiroshima Carp TV. Torochan to Kohaku and small push in documentary+single. Miichan and Fuuchan staple in doing radio shows (hence their MC skills has improved a lot). Kanon is balanced pushed everywhere (radio show, tv show and events). Hinachan and Fuuchan pushed to AKB B-sides and variety of magazine shots. Fukuchan, Harurun (Youtube thing), Miyumiyu are getting work as a 3-man unit to promote the debut single in Aeon malls etc. Kahotaru and Ayumin recently getting shipped together after that Imousu episode and often get exposures in STU official twitter accounts.

The only super push is Yumirin which basically she is literally everywhere.

And the rest of the non-sebatsu girls? They also got some things going on but not that much. So I mean it's really hard to make everyone happy at this stage...but now we got Setobingo, Imousu and Chidori roke show! So definitely the non-senbatsu will get their chances coming as well. (Marina, Kokoa, Saki on the rise for example)

The only one thing I'd say everyone has equal amount of chances to do is the scheduled tissue missions from time to time or in guerilla style lol

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  19. qpet

qpet Future Girls

you almost created my dream team with the 2nd team. I want to steal Naachan for them. would be nice, she would help them a lot

20. May48

May48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Ishida Chiho
    Twitter:
    May2906
    I wouldn't like prefecture teams. This would be strange, I think. The teams would be too divided - especially because the prefectures would only push their teams and it would probably get even worse with local events lol

Also, I didn't wanted to say anything about Chihochan, but I think she still needs to prove herself to management and fans - that she won't g away and will be even getting better. Especially because her push only started in October (Yes, I've checked it just now lol) - prior she only had works like radio (Chirimen Party) and STU no SU (3 minutes) from June and July respectively. In August her work for Events started because she was lucky enough to be in Senbatsu for STU48's first Single - and in October, starting with the Team 3R and Setochalle stuff, everything started to work out for her to the better. So, no need to worry yet, her time will come!

Also I do think they want to experiment with her. As they want with MiyuMiyu. They're getting the same kind of treatment - only in different areas (TV vs Performance): Same way they experiment with Cuca center :) Push them in the area they're good in and see what happens lol

• Like Like x 2