1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single AKB48 51st [Jabaja] (2018/03/14)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jan 20, 2018.

1. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    As I posted, I saw only women before, but then it was changed.

2. mayushimen

mayushimen Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    sad, all my thoughts of FeministLGBT single is dead

3. AnToNa

AnToNa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    What is the extra gonna do btw? For all we know, they could be casted as pedestrian A or has some small roles (unless extra call like this always means a KFC/KnP esque MV).

4. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    You need to have hands.

“There is a possibility that you remember simple choreography to everyone. (It will be simple hand gesture only)”

5. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Idk it could be like HKT's 74okubun :wtf:

6. trxsh

trxsh Member

Well Naachan cut her hair ffs, the obvious next step was a song about Radical Feminist Lesbian Separatism.
    They clearly just chickened out

7. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    But they are only accepting single applications, not couples or something. I think if you wanted to do a romantic, couple-y thing, it would be better to try find actual couples than try to pair random people together.

Now, about the female only thing that used to be posted, I have 3 theories:
    1. Simple mistake (forgot to write male)
    2. It's difficult to get a good ratio of males:females for extras since most wota who apply are male, so they opened application for females first to encourage them to apply
    3. They planned to do female extras only at first but male wota got mad and they decide to change it [hehe]

Anyway, I still hope it's a cool song rather than cute one. Just having extras doesn't mean it's necessarily another Fortune Cookie or Kokoro no Placard. I'm curious to see how it works out. I was actually thinking of applying just out of curiosity, but due to several reasons (I live in Saitama prefecture, so the distance is a bit large especially considering the early time of the shoot; I'm very obviously foreign looking, so idk if they want that; my Japanese level is only conversational, so I'm worried about not understanding the instructions properly) I have decided not to.

8. Dee

Dee Kenkyuusei

High Tension had extras too

9. mayushimen

mayushimen Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    i still don't know what expect.

i don't think they will give a typical 'kawaii' idol-song for her.. If it was any other member, I would be waiting for another KFC anyway, but not for Naachan

10. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    So after waiting for s48 getting revived, all we get is more trolls in the dungeon? i'm fine if the trolling level is smarter than these, but obviously it isn't.

Anyway, yes, a MV can be good even with extras. For all we know, it might be an ouen type of song / a ballad / (insert any genre) and the fans are acting as fans who supported them, instead of dancing easy-to-dance choreo.

Tbh thou, I don't mind another Koichun. That song is really uplifting

11. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    I just hope that whatever they do, they make a good use of Naachan's vocals. She is one of the best singers in 48G so it would be good to show it in her solo lines.

12. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    Ohhhh...Males AND Females??...the plot thickens.
    I know it does...but here's the REALITY. Asian cultures are not particularly "Progressive" (like P.C. Culture). If Aki-P goes 'Feminist'...it's gonna be like pouring gasoline (petrol) on himself & dancing next to a sparkler, next to a camp fire, next to a volcano.

To the Western Thinkers (Yes, I am presuming!)
    I don't care where you live, who you know, How you were raised, ect - You will know if THIS applies to. If it doesn't then It Doesn't- right?

You really don't get it. The Chinese KILLED "Star Wars: TLJ" in under a week- The #Baizuo criticisms are REAL. Japan & Korea are a lot more "open minded" than China (in many respects) but Eastern cultures never adopted the "Progressive Streak" that Hollywood & Europe has- It won't happen overnight but anyone NOT into 'progressive values' will simply shrug & move on to something else they enjoy...maybe they come back & maybe they don't. How many people came back after Acchan, Yuko, Mariko, Itano, KojiHaru, Paruru left??...Mayu was a BIG GUN & she left a big hole to fill. This is quite the Gamble AKI-P is taking.

There are TONS of Japanese males & grown men that would rather spend $$ & time on Virtual Girls & Anime Waifus than waste precious resources on a Feminist Leaning Idol group. If you can't convince Japanese Otaku's to engage w/ Real LIFE women in their daily lives, why would they pay money to a Feminist Idol group? This is NOT an attack, it's a Sociological Experiment that is going to be HILARIOUS to watch play out.

It's gonna be like seeing McDonalds phase out Hamburgers & fries and slowly switch the Menu to SoyBurgers & Carrot Sticks....What do you think is going to happen? SJW Marvel comics are getting Cancelled left & right (for selling less than 20k an Issue a month across the WHOLE USA)- The Grammy's just had the Worst Rating EVER (in the 18-35 demo). Hollywood had the worst Attendance in 2017 (a 28 year LOW) & the worst Summer box office in 20 yrs... Yet, Hollywood & "progressives" Think they know what Sells? It's not working in the West, WHY would it sell in the EAST?

I'd love to go back to 2012 & recapture that bright-eyed magic AKB had before Acchan left...Shouldn't AKI-P be trying to Improve on THAT fandom & Unity & Idol Magic that was the HEIGHT of AKB's power?...I guess Korea & China will have to show him how to do it. AKI-P does what AKI-P wants...He's NOT in this for the Idols or the Fans- If AKB was so great & such a 'sisterhood' why would any of them leave? They know "How the Sausage is Made"- It's not about the Idols - it's about AKI-P's ego & experiments.
    That's not what I meant- a Mayu song like "KNP" or something Bouncy & Idol-ish - only Retro-fitted to suit Okada's vibe. Mayu is Mayu - Okada is something else...& We're gonna find out what that is.
    Miki had a style - "Cherry Boy"
    Mako had a style - "First Love"
    KomiHaru style - "Warukii"
    We'll all find out together WHAT AKI-P has in store for us. And AGAIN- NOT blaming Okada, she's just the Messenger, the Doll that Aki-P is playing with. He'll get bored & move on eventually. If the Sales lag & it's worse than "Be My Baby"- I'll blame AKI-P - these are ALL his choices.

13. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

What makes Naachan good for the group is that she doesn't have a particular style (and maybe never will) because she specifically tries to fit into any role AKB needs her to occupy without any fuss. She is completely group-oriented when she's not doing solo work. Trying to fit her into a particular box will only go badly for anyone who attempts it.

14. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I find it funny how easily upset some people get when they're not included in something for once
    tweet.jpg
    And then it wasn't even females-only [hehe] Everyone here loves to jump to conclusions. NnM, High Tension, Love Trip, Tsubasa wa Iranai, Halloween Night, Kibouteki Refrain and many more before that had extras. I don't think they're particularly similar to each other. It's surely still another two-three weeks at least until we hear anything

15. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    I'm okay for another KFC but not for something like Halloween Night.. But evetho I said that, everything isn't about me, lol

16. AnToNa

AnToNa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    Tbh, I'm not against dance along type of MV, as long as the song is as good as KFC. They tried KFC success, but most of the time, the songs are not the tea. I personally want a mid tempo sakura themed song, but they're probably saving it for next year (10nen Sakura will finally turn 10 years next year).

17. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    BNK48's version of KFC has gone massively viral in Thailand, the MV on the official YT site has had over 27 million (yes, million!) hits in a little over 3 months, so maybe Aki-P is looking for a similar song for the 51st single?

18. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I don't mean it have to be couple-themed, tho.

19. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    just because the title contains the word "Halloween"? I heard the song was hated by many Indonesians because it contains the word "halloween"? i'm not sure why thou lol

20. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    It's the first time I heard many Indonesian hate it because it contains "Halloween" tho.