1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Minegishi Minami (Miichan) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by hanabi, Jun 4, 2007.

1. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    @sscrla thanks for that link :)
    btw: 'Eifersucht' == 'jealousy'/'envy' or more literally 'the need/urge to compete' (my German is a lot better then my Japanese :), well, understanding ... speaking is another matter as then you get the whole "Mitt, nach, nebst etc." and the "Der, Dem, Die" stuff :)
    (not to mention 'false cousins' ... 'bellen' in Dutch means 'to call on the phone' ... in German it means 'bark' ... like a dog, imagine the look on a German's face if you say "Ich bellen Sie" :D )

ow .. and 'See' = lake ... 'Mer' = sea ... 'zee' = sea, ,'meer' = lake :)

In other news: Takamina attended the perfomance ...
    https://twitter.com/taka4848mina/status/955846889785602048
    DUPZq-oVQAEOadl.jpg
    WMinami for the win, sometimes it looks like they could be sisters :)

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
  2. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I find it quite interesting that they left so many titles the same as in German.

Also, German is my native language but I've never looked at "Eifersucht" as "the urge to compete," but that's actually a pretty good way to remember the vocab. I probably would rather say "addiction to eagerness" (Eifer is eagerness/fervour and Sucht is addiction). German is a weird language lol

3. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Fifty years ago I bought a 12" LP partial rerelease of the original Telefunken recording; the original was on 78s.* The LP also had songs from the French version and two other songs from Lotte Lenya and Kurt Gerron**). When I heard her singing, I recognized the song, but didn't know the title in German or English. (Time to fire up iTunes and take a listen). I then googled the German title to get the English.

4537617.jpg
    * Die Dreigroschenoper, 1930, on Telefunken. Abridged/incomplete. Lotte Lenya (Jenny), Erika Helmke (Polly), Willy Trenk-Trebitsch (Macheath), Kurt Gerron (Moritatensänger; Brown), and Erich Ponto (Peachum). Lewis Ruth Band, conducted by Theo Mackeben.

** The Alabama Song from Rise and Fall of the City of Mahagonny in English as translated for Brecht in 1925. "Oh show me the way to the next whiskey bar" You must remember the Doors.

4. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    well, in Dutch we have 'wedijveren', which is a bit archaic. but means 'to compete' ( like in 'wedstrijd' which means 'match' ('strijd' is 'battle' , so yeah, as a famous Dutch coach once said "football is war") )
    otoh .. 'ijverig' means 'industrious'/'hard working' and with a bit of a stretch indeed 'eager'

hmm.. why are we exploring the similarities between German and Dutch ? ;)

anyway ... another interview, seems like the play gets quite a lot of media attention:
    https://c.filesend.to/ct/?p=14069

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  5. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    the last few days unsurprisingly lots of AKB member current or past attended the stage play:
    Acchan and Kitarie
    DVCVK8lV4AEp90J.jpg
    Nyan-nyan
    DU4QuTrUMAMcaQo.jpg
    Yukirin and Sasshi(?)
    DUyJqfcVoAADJeU.jpg
    Miki
    DU4QuTvVwAIuOgx.jpg
    Milky
    27459211_10156314759481614_6704439133472898877_n.jpg
    Saho, Sakki and Tomu
    27072577_10156314759546614_4565312712450009478_n.jpg
    and I'm sorry to say I frankly have no idea who these members are :/ ごめんなさい
    DVCVK8nVMAAmWUs.jpg 27332507_10156320463091614_1641969559949932654_n.jpg

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
  6. Sheiladesu

Sheiladesu Kenkyuusei

For the picture on the left it's Matsuoka Natsumi (left, HKT) and Sakaguchi Riko (HKT). For the picture on the right (far left to right) : Megu (AKB) ,Owada Nana (ex-akb) , Takita Kayoko(AKB) Okawa RIO (AKB) ?

Anyway I wanted to say how amazing it is that so many current and ex members came to support her show! The play looks really good, I would love to see it if I were in Japan

7. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    DVHgep2VMAEyKCY.jpg
    I think it's Shiichan, at least that what I guessed seeing the pic, and replies to Miichan's tweet seem to confirm it :)
    =========
    https://twitter.com/chan__31/status/959795024928976896
    握手会前のしーちゃん来てくれた。 私が出て来た瞬間、目に涙が浮かんだらしい...優しいしーちゃん大好き♡ありがとう。
    ----------------
    She came before the handshake meeting. The moment I came out, I heard tears in my eyes.
    =========

it was :) because Shiichan replied to the tweet.
    https://twitter.com/ooyachaaan1228/status/959798159684747269
    =========
    メンバーの頑張ってる姿は本当に励みになる。。 とても考えさせられる作品だったし 一部客席が参加型なのもびっくり…! なによりみーちゃん綺麗でかっこよかった! 明日、神奈川千秋楽頑張ってください[​IMG]!
    ---------------
    It is really encouraging to see the members working hard. It was a very thought-provoking work, and some of the participants were surprised...! It was cool and beautiful! Final good luck tomorrow, Kanagawa !
    =========

Two of my favourite members together :)
    (I really think Shiichan is really underrated though)

And it seems Miichan modeling gigs keep on coming as well ...:
    27709479_2047756735239805_1047343368847823746_o.jpg 27336614_2048533611828784_277866197156458760_n.jpg
    She looked so comfortable and warm .. somehow, looking at a location pic, I think it wasn't
    DTu00CBVQAIcIKR.jpg-large.jpeg
    And I saw an auction of Miichan cards:
    27459555_2047766758572136_5652530505410693139_n.jpg
    she kills that look :) .... (I guess younger people would say 'slays' :D)

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
  8. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Miichan is in Sapporo and it is cold ... :)
    DVmsJcJVMAALGrY.jpg
    -------------
    https://twitter.com/chan__31/status/961989295216054272
    寝て、目が覚めたら... 札幌での初めての三文オペラ。 そして最後の三文オペラ。 今まで通り、そして、自分でも思ってもみなかったルーシーの感情に出会えますように。 最高の日となりますように。
    =======
    When you sleep and wake up... This is my first opera in Sapporo. And the last dime opera. I hope you can meet Lucy's feelings that you have never thought of before. I hope it will be the best day.
    -------------
    But she still manages to look warm and cuddly :)

9. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
  10. solidslime

solidslime Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    Which was the latest AKBingo episode where she was seen?I cant remember seeing her for a long time now.

11. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Looking at that pics again it made me wonder, are Japanese people able to use chopsticks wearing wooden gloves ...

Then I noticed she wasn't wearing a glove on her right hand, telling me two things:
    1. Miichan is right handed (not really a surprise there)
    2. Miichan can't (use chopsticks wearing gloves)
    We recently talked about the subject of Miichan's AKBingo! participation here, but frankly I have no idea.
    I do have a 'counter' question, how many member of the first generations *do* appear on AKBingo! ?
    How about Yukirin, Shiichan, Sasshi, Kitarie, Myao, Minarun, Miyumiyu, Ranran, Yuihan?

btw, that apart from Chikarina, who is in JKT48 all that's left of the first 9 generations ... I kinda doubt any one of them (apart from maybe the 9th gens) show up very often in AKBingo.
    (and I do hope I haven't forgotten to include someone's Oshimen in that list, if so ... sorry :/ )

as I said before ... the senpai-kouhai gap might be really wide between those members and the current active (in AKBingo) ones (apart from Miichan's ex Team-4 crowd, but even back then the age gap was huge, Kojimako(?) once addressed Miichan as mom :D )

Another observation ... going through the list of active ABK members .... not that many older gens left standing. 12th, 13th generations are ok ... but all the older generations and 14th ... just one or two left

And looking at the number you might conclude the newer generations have no staying power (but I can't back that up with data, so I might be wrong).
    (maybe someone has an excel sheet with members, generation and tenure ;) )

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  12. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Yukirin was on AKBingo in November, for this segment but iirc the point of the episode was to see how a senpai like Yukirin would react to a certain situation compared to the newer members (episode 463).

About Shiichan, I don't know if this counts, but she was part of the members who participated in The W (the Comedian contest). She didn't actually sit in the studio, if I remember right, but there were VTRs shown of her (episodes 469 and 470).

I may be wrong, but I believe Kitarie was one of the NGT members present during The Lucky Girl Ranking 2018 (episodes 474 and 475), but if not then I remember her and Ogiyuka appeared as NGT representatives in episodes 457 and 460 (I believe they were recorded at the same time, judging by seat position and outfits).

Sasshi, Myao, Minarun, Miyumiyu and Yuihan I haven't seen in ages, and I'm not sure who Ranran is. Yamauchi Suzuran? If yes, then it's very likely she hasn't been on AKBingo because she's an SKE member now and most of the time the studio is filled with 98% AKB members (same goes for Minarun). I feel like AKBingo is there to get new members noticed. Miichan has had countless appearances on the show, ever since it started as 1ji 59fun, so the producers of the show may feel there isn't much else to show about her, her character is pretty well known to most AKB fans, and she's probably one of the most known members.

Furthermore, most of the members you listed are in their 20s (is there anyone of them who isn't?). I would assume they only really show the young ones, and if they show older ones, then they're either variety idols or sit in the very back; or both, like Nakanishi Chiyori.

You have to take into account that Gen 1-15 were all up until 2013. It's already been 4 years since we've had a new generation before Gen16. I did a few calculations to see the average amount of years each generation stays in the group
    Gen1 (2005)
    • 5 years and 6 months
    • a third had to mass graduate with SDN48
    • 1/21 members left
    Gen2 (2006)
    • 5 years and 9 months
    • 11,76% had to mass graduate with SDN48
    • 0/17 members left
    Gen 3 (2006)
    • 6 years and 8 months
    • 1/13 members left
    Gen 4 (2007)
    • 44% dropped out before they were promoted
    • 4 years
    • 6 years and 6 months if you don't count KKS dropouts
    • 1/18 left
    Gen 5 (2007)
    • 31% dropped out before they were promoted
    • 6 years and 3 months
    • 10 years and 3 months if you don't count KKS
    • 4/13 left
    Gen 6 (2008)
    • 50% dropped out before they were promoted
    • 3 years and 8 months
    • 7 years if you don't count KKS
    • 0/4 left
    Gen 7 (2008)
    • 37% dropped out before they were promoted
    • 3 years and 9 months
    • 5 years and 8 months if you don't count KKS
    • 0/11 left
    Gen 8 (2009)
    • 100% dropped out before they were promoted
    • 8 months
    • 0/11 left
    Gen 9 (2009)
    • 36% dropped out before they were promoted
    • 4 years and 7 months
    • 6 years if you don't count KKS
    • 4/14 left
    Gen 10 (2010)
    • 20% dropped out before they were promoted
    • 5 years and 9 months
    • 7 years if you don't count KKS
    • 6/10 left
    Gen 11 (2010)
    • 50% dropped out before they were promoted
    • 3 years
    • 5 years and 5 months if you don't count KKS
    • 1/10 left
    Gen 12 (2011)
    • 22% dropped out before they were promoted
    • 5 years and 3 months
    • 6 years and 5 months if you don't count KKS
    • 5/9 left
    • Note: I didn't consider Eguchi Aimi at all, because she never really existed
    Gen 13 (2011)
    • 31,25% dropped out before they were promoted
    • 3 years and 8 months
    • 5 years and 2 months if you don't count KKS
    • 5/16 left
    Gen 14 (since 2012)
    • nobody graduated before promotion
    • 4 years and 6 months
    • 2/6 left
    Gen 15 (2013)
    • nobody graduated before promotion
    • 4 years and 8 months
    • 9/12 left
    Gen 16 (2017)
    • I didn't count them yet, but 1 KKS already graduated
    The average amount of time to stay in AKB48 is 4 years and 6 months; if you don't count KKS, then the average amount of time to stay in AKB48 is 5 years and 10 months. That means Gen 1, 2, 7, 8, 11, 13, 14 and 15 are below the average (although it's hard to judge Gen15 because they haven't existed 5 years and 10 months yet).

Make of this what you will ^^; I think it means that the newer gens don't have any less "standing power" ^^ We had Gen8, where nobody even got promoted to a team at all, but nobody in Gen14 or 15 graduated as a KKS, which I think means they were/are pretty determined. I'm curious to see how this looks in another 5 years (I'd like to see the Gen1 average raised solely bc of Miichan lol)

13. singlepersona

singlepersona Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Myao was in the most recent two episodes, and I'm pretty sure yuihan came to the recent lucky girl and will likely show up in the upcoming moe battle

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

14. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Well, as I said ... I didn't really look at the data .... and you obviously did. Thanks :)

I think I just took Nyan-nyan, Takamina and Miichan as the mean of the 1st gen ... which of course they weren't .. they're the outliers.
    (I hated statistics in high school :) ... random selecting red balls from a pot without putting them back and calculating the odds .... brrrr .... and then coming up with a number greater then one ... and know I screwed up .. again :( )

I'm not going to speculate about the co-relation between generation and AKBingo appearances, because I might trigger you into researching that topic in depth as well ;)

15. Santikun

Santikun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    I think this is the last appearance of Miichan in AKBingo!

She asks Muramoto if he felt nervous about MC the show.

16. Santikun

Santikun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami

Miichan is right handed, at least to write ...
    On YouTube there is a video where she appears writing her name, but I do not have it now

17. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    The thing with Gen 1 is that quite a lot of people dropped out pretty quickly because they probably thought AKB wasn't gonna go anywhere (if you remember, they only had 6 people in the theatre for their first performance, and 4 of those were press people). I think it took until like 2008/09 at least until AKB could be considered popular, or at least known.

If I look at Gen 2 or Gen 3, then I can recognise a lot more faces than I do for Gen 1. But that makes me appreciate the No Sleeves trio so much; they all held out for over 11 years!! Thats twice the average!! But yeah, they're the exception and not the rule ^^;

18. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    well, if that's the one, I've seen that before ... and I really didn't like the interaction when Miichan asked 'on which side are you?"...
    (Miichan was defensive ... the host obnoxious)
    I guess it was meant to be funny ... but it seemed to make all the girls self conscious and the laughter seemed insincere

I guess I liked the Bad Boys just better ... Sata turned out to be a big softie in the end in spite of his motor gang image... and Kiyoto was just too funny with his well timed remarks.

maybe the staff decided based on that that the chemistry would never be there .. or Miichan decided she didn't want to participate anymore .. whatever the reason ... not the best episode of AKBingo imho
    (and remember, if I recall correctly, they usually taped 4 or 5 episodes per day, so you would have expected Miichan to be in the next few episodes as well)

edit: just rewatched most of it ... no, still don't like it, it's akward, Yukirin laughing too hard ... Miichan seems ill at ease and too serious and the whole stepping back when taking selfies thing is taken too far imho.

just an aside, with Miichan you can immediately spot if a pictured is mirrored or not :)
    (and not just by the beauty spot on her nose)

ow .... I just read this on TV Tropes about Okada Nana being too serious and respectful:

anyone know which episode this is ??

ow, Bing translate .... you sure scare me:
    みーおんせいちゃんと、ひーわたんからバレンタインのチョコもらったよ 1f60c-32-32.png 1f495-32-32.png 美味しかった!! イベントごとに疎くなっていく自分...気持ちの老いを感じるな...
    bing:
    Voice, I got a Valentine's chocolate from Watan and it was delicious!! Each event out me... Don't feel the old feelings...

this is wat Google made of it:
    Mi - osense - chan, I got chocolate from Valentine 's day I was delicious! !
    Do yourself getting out of every event ... Do not feel old age ...

that first one sounded almost like she didn't feel as strongly anymore about AKB ... the second is almost the opposite :)
    So, who do I trust more, Microsoft or Google ... answer: neither :)

btw: anyone know how to resize those 'cut and paste' twitter emoticons ? never mind .. I found a workaround

Miichan's twitter today:
    =======

DV08a_pU8AAlq6B.jpg
    全国握手会in仙台 雪の降る中、会いにきてくださった皆さんありがとうございました。 久しぶりにAKBとして歌って、踊って、握手して、楽しかったです☺︎ また会いましょう〜!
    ------------
    National handshake meeting in Sendai thank you to everyone who came to see us during the snow. After a long time singing as a akb, dancing, shaking hands, it was fun ☺︎ let's Meet again!
    =======

More Miichan Twitter:
    =========
    DV1ejwVVwAAAhYT.jpg
    舞台も観に来てくれた優しい子。
    最近は後輩というより友達。
    今日も沢山笑ったね
    ----------------
    A gentle child who came to watch the stage. Recently, she is more of a friend than a junior. I laughed a lot today
    ==========

Miichan and Kojimako, they really developed a bond in Team 4 it seems, and soon to be re-united in team K.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  19. Santikun

Santikun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    I agree with your point of view about this particular program. Also, in the previous show Muramoto made her go to a corner in the studio to make a sexy pose, and when she did she took it out of the screen. That was an awkward moment.
    Miichan quickly learned that Muramoto liked screen time much more than she did.
    You only need to see the sad role of Paradise in that duo.

Santikun said:
    Miichan is right handed, at least to write ...

if the video does not show watch the video here
    min1:15 she writes her name

AKBingo! ep. 261.
    min 16:03

As captain of Team K Miichan she always tries to make her girls stand out
    She calls Naachan, and achieves camera time for her. Not only that, when Yukirin shows her how to make a good reaction, Miichan calls Naachan again to make sure she learned how to react correctly, so screentime for Naachan again.

By the way, how far were the funny chapters of AKBingo!
    Thank God SETOBINGO started on the right path

20. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Not just her Team 4 mates, in her Shoujiki Shougi match versus Minarun she name drops her juniors and gives them ample opportunity to participate, like letting Miyu-chan explain why they think Minarun isn't wearing heels (to appeal to fans by having to look up to them)

thanks for the episode number ... I hadn't seen it in it's entirety ... I did see the Takamina as Sadako part ... that was pretty hilarious (and scary :) ), none of Takamina's legendary fails there :)

lol, just watched Okada Nana's hit .... that was .... devious :D

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018