1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single NGT48 3rd [Haru wa doko kara kuru no ka?] (2018/04/11)

Discussion in 'NGT48 News & Releases' started by lionel90, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Yeah but despite all the failed cases, they were still able to patch things up, unexpected or not, which is the key. Compared to HKT and SKE right now, NMB is still and definitely far ahead of them.

2. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

I'll put the credit on Cameron (Takeshi Kaneko), NMB theater manager, managerial skill though. I legit never saw any hate post toward him, until today, which speak something about his capabilities behind the scene.

• Like Like x 1
  3. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

To the public, NGT is just another 48 group with no recognisable members (minus Yukirin and Kitarie). Hence the lack of 'identity'. Ofcourse, if we are talking about the niche fandom, then yes they are doing well.

4. enc0re

enc0re Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    encore_AC_
    Again, that's due to lack of general exposure. NGT has plenty members with interesting personalities but promoting them nationwide from all the way over rural Niigata is hard. They don't have regular TV appearances or a nationwide-airing TV series or anything like that.

Clearly the group's goal now is still trying to appeal to the local population with Niigata Friends and partnerships with local companies, and it's working. The group doesn't lack "identity" or any sorts of that there.

I think expectations are way too high here from some people considering the circumstances under which NGT operates.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

That is literally every single 48 group that is not AKB.

And still, I doubt people don't know a thing about Ogiyuka when she appeared in the news after last year's prelims.

This.
    But not only NGT, but all the SG are lowering down their profiles in favour of AKB, and the trend has been going on for a while.
    SG are just the excuse to get girls that will help AKB selling millions.
    If the girls become popular on their own or with management's help, it doesn't matter. AKS always wins.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Arinko

Arinko Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    Faces of NGT48:
    Kitarie mostly initially.
    Ogiyuka nowadays since if you consider appearance on TV that is aimed at the general public nationwide especially after SSK.

If you watch NGT48's Niigata Friend, people in Niigata don't much care about a face for the group. They do know NGT48 as a group and each have their individual favourite member.

Mahohon on J-MELO said NGT48 is the most locally focused group in AKB48G and local promotion work includes planting rice. (On that sort of introduction of the group on national TV, you can guess NGT48's operating mindset is totally different from the your typical AKB48G.)

The group has been set up and operates on a basis where the interests and promotion of Niigata Prefecture are prioritised while being an idol group.

On that basis, not many girls would want be face of the group where the whole weight of the Prefecture's expectations are on her.

7. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Katomina, Rika, and OgiYuka say hi.

8. Mr. Take It Easy

Mr. Take It Easy Kenkyuusei

Katomina? She Wishes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9. Matsui Hikari

Well, she is his Top 3 oshimen afterall so [hehe]

10. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Have you even been paying attention to this group since it began? If you did, you would know that Katomina is one of recognizable members of the group (Those 3 are the most recognizable members from this group not named Rie and Yukirin of course).

But then I forgot, this is coming from somebody who thinks Rika is the only popular member of the group and that OgiYuka and Hinatan are popular because of "some rich wota".

11. Dee

Dee Kenkyuusei

In all the major 48G fansites in Japan, almost EVERYONE are applauding NGT's center rotation. J-fans are also sick of cases like Hirate Yurina and Matsouka Hana.

On SHOWROOM today, Hinatan talked about the center rotation and how it fits NGT48 because the group has many aces:
    https://twitter.com/sr_ngt_48/status/962311055216029696

Hinatan's CM with 1 million views on YouTube say hi

if the video does not show watch the video here

12. Mr. Take It Easy

Mr. Take It Easy Kenkyuusei

Lol, attacking, Kato(upcoming girl)mina is not popular and that’s it.
    Ogiyuka is now popular idk about Hinata, I don’t live in Japan and I don’t think you do either. Liking a member doesn’t make it automatically popular, grow up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

13. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Yes, I think Katomina is only recognizable because I like her... lol :rolleyes::fp:.

But I forgot, that's the usual Defense here on Stage48 for people who have nothing to back up what they say.

14. Arinko

Arinko Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    Katomina in her defence was the center at the group's debut event. The news reports of the day did highlight that fact.

She also did rank 76th in the 45th Single SSK. So she is publicly recognised at least in NGT (the official 3 letter designation for Niigata)

She along with Ayutaro are the PR officers for Minami-ku. Her Instagram account is getting exposure on entertainment news websites.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  15. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Ah, an imaginary argumentum ad populum, I see.
    And even if we assume this premise as true, the "solution" to get people to know about them more is definitely not to stick to a fixed center and give everyone else in the group the cold shoulder, this brings us nowhere (and it would only be the cause of member's demotivation and eventual mass graduations after they realize the system gives them no possibility for them to get ahead -- history has already taught us this, NGT can't afford to run this risk even for the image of themselves) .
    The solution is to increase the reach (not the amount, not for now) of their media exposure, first and foremost. Jesus, isn't it obvious enough? Need I remind you for one thing that even nowadays Niigatta Friend and all their other related programs air only in the prefecture of Niigata (*), when even STU could get their own show to be distributed on Hulu right away? And I could go on.
    By the way, even though people here want to believe otherwise and want to desperately make a case for it: Acchan didn't become a known face by virtue of being the center of every single or anything, but because Dentsu used to shove her down everyone's throats 24/7 on nationwide TV, radio and CM ...to the point in fact that the oh-so-wise "public" eventually came to hate her guts in response to how much she was overepresented on media. Just a cautionary reminder for all the faux-nostalgic people in here who can't let go of the "good old days". ;)

* And Toyama, but we all can guess that the TV station there was made to accept the deal as part of the attempt to goripush Rika. Thankfully this turned out to be a blessing in disguise in that she rarely if ever appears on NF with her irritating presence, for the good of the show.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  16. antares

antares Kenkyuusei

On Max Toki 315 from Akihabara to Niigata
    Oshimen:
    sugaharariko
    Hey guys. NGT is a close-knit group and their international fandom is small. Can we live peacefully w/o attacking any girl?

17. Matsui Hikari

I don’t think rank have much to do with public recognition lol. At most it’s wotas. Sure, maybe a little, but definitely not enough to determine everything.

18. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Shhhhh, let them alt acc and dense pride be. I've told you before on another occasion, remember?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Just noticed it only now, but Twitter's Naka no Hito is at it again with the cryptic coded messages, you know the drill already...:

"[Spring] This year's Winter of Niigata. I feel as if the cold was the most severe we had since the birth of NGT48.

I don't know which side the Spring will come, but I can't stand the cold weather. So, if only it could come soon...

This is what I'm thinking as I'm looking at the photos of last year's Spring.

How about coming unexpectedly soon, like by around tomorrow's noon?

#Haru wa doko kara kuru no ka?
    #NGT48"

https://twitter.com/official_NGT48/status/965949431035060230

---

"To all members of NGT48, tomorrow there'll be a certain something that I want you all to circulate around, so I'm requesting your cooperation.

For more details, read the official Twitter account or the official Instagram account after it'll be updated by tomorrow's noon.

On the other hand, as for the members who'll be at school at the time, please keep your concentration on the lessons.

This was a business communication from the PR staff.

#Haru wa doko kara kuru no ka?
    #NGT48"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfbAS_mBDcW/

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  20. enc0re

enc0re Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    encore_AC_
    Spring is coming ~