1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Event / Concert C3AFA Anime Festival Asia (Hong Kong 2018, Singapore 2017)

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 News & Releases' started by Generic_User, Oct 11, 2017.

1. innoaloe

innoaloe Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Hako-oshi
    Twitter:
    HangingBridge46
    :worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:

As @igrow0ld said ^^^, Sakamichi fandom is basically an underdog here. We can go around and ask people about AKB, and even non idol fans most likely will most lilkely know a thing or two about them. Ask them Nogizaka and they might go "eh?". That, and also in the current era K-Pop is the most well known industry rather than J-Pop.

Also, AFA number 1 customers by the end is still those who love Manga/Anime and Anime songs rather than Idol fans.

2. kanonBear

kanonBear Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    I'm happy that they actually put the effort into using a little Cantonese in their greeting. Manatsu in particular, IMO, did very well.

3. JuriRena

JuriRena Next Girls

Oshimen:
    生田絵梨花・桜井玲香
  4. QuesoMadness

QuesoMadness Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    I love how everyone said 多謝嗮 (do1 ze6 saai3, a polite thank you, equivalent to arigatou gozaimasu), but Miona's like "Uh, I did my greeting... That's all I got. Go to the next person."

And after rewatching the recording, I still can't for the life of me understand what Naa-chan was trying to say. "I like ?????" Anyone with better Canto skills have a clue?***

-----
    In case anyone is curious, during the self-intros everyone pretty much follows the same formula of "I am (name, using the Cantonese pronunciation of the Kanji in their names). Please call me (standard Japanese nickname). Thank you very much."

Before saying thank you, Manatsu adds: I love you all.
    Yuttan: I like eggs tarts. I bought 8 of them!
    Kazumin: I like mapo tofu. Hong Kong ameijingu \0/
    Kanarin: I like to play mahjong. Pong! Pong! (Cantonese mahjong term for making a set of 3 of the same tile.)
    Minami: I like you all.
    Ringo: Apple, Apple, I punch you.
    Waka: I'm very happy to see you all.

***I think I finally was able to figure it out. I'm guessing Naa-chan is trying to say 寫畫 (
    se2 waa6) which are technically words that can mean write/draw a drawing, but a Chinese person would never phrase it that way, which is why everyone was so dang confused. Naa-chan, for future reference, it's 畫畫 (waak6 waa6).

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  5. ikki

ikki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hoshinominami
    Imma go ahead and claim that Misamisa was reading my comment @7:04 :hehe: only to have Minami reply with "Guilinggao~" LOL

6. QuesoMadness

QuesoMadness Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    I was surprised a bit by the turnout here in Hong Kong, actually. AKB was popular enough here to have an official store here for many years before eventually closing, and I can find AKB calendars and photobooks and such relatively easily, but don't really come across Nogi stuff. And it's definitely much easier to find anime stuff (Love Live is huge here).

The C3AFA crowd as a whole was definitely much more into the anime/games/cosplay stuff. For the daytime talk session, I lined up before the doors opened, and there were maybe 1000 people in line in front of me, but by the time I raced to the stage audience area, there were only 40 or 50 who got there before me. That said, by the time the session started, there were definitely several hundred people there. On the night of the actual show, it was clear that the vast, vast majority of the audience was there for Nogi. (Sidenote: it was kinda sad to see people sitting and just playing with their smartphones the whole time during the anisong acts. Seemed quite rude. You've already paid and come into the show. At least try to enjoy the rest of it.)

Also, since Nogi management decided to include Indonesian among the translations for their website, I doubt they've completely written them off as a potential target.

7. innoaloe

innoaloe Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Hako-oshi
    Twitter:
    HangingBridge46
    Were they talking about this Gullinggao?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. ikki

ikki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hoshinominami
    i believe so yeah. the japanese was kamezeri 亀ゼリー turtle jelly. it was what Captain had in the picture they showed supposedly

9. innoaloe

innoaloe Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Hako-oshi
    Twitter:
    HangingBridge46
    Hahahah! No wonder everyone instantly says 違う‼ :D

Indonesian fanbase is always a hit or miss IMO, since here people can get bored pretty easily, and most are not into this type of "Generation based" groups. I believe there are still lots of 1st Gens fanbase, but who knows what happened next after most of them graduated. Ikoma's graduation might be the pinnacle to see whether it's going downhill or not.
    In HongKong case, what I understand is quite a lot of foreigners also play a role to the number of Nogi fans who attended the event I think? Not to say that HK fanbase itself is low, but I doubt same thing will happen if they go to Indonesia. That being said, I would still love to have them having a concert here though :D

Regarding your Sidenote, that's pretty much what I felt also during Singapore AFA. It's a very atmosphere when you are having audiences without spirit. AFA themselves might received bad review from the other performers due to that. On the other hand having Nogi there I believe is real boost on sales for AFA...

10. vshav

vshav Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    Is the audience turnout low?

I saw the video of them performing. I don't know if it's better camerawork than what we usually got from Japanese stages, but I think they danced verrryyyyy beautifully. Everyone is synchronised at every beat, no one trying to upstage the other while retaining each individuality.

I'm not surprised to know that Nogizaka is not popular internationally yet. AKB has such a big brand especially due to them having international sister groups. At least people who are into East Asian pop culture might have heard of XXX48.

I believe Nogizaka can expand themselves internationally as an artist, but with the condition they are improving their singing and performance standard in general. This is especially important if they want to be recognised as an international artist targeted to general audience, and not just towards J-Idol fans (this number is decreasing with the popularity of K-Pop). Then again, right now is the best time to aim for J-Pop international fans as those people did grow up with anime and J-cultures in their childhood circa-2000 and now they have grown up and possessed the purchasing power to buy merchandises.

11. innoaloe

innoaloe Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Hako-oshi
    Twitter:
    HangingBridge46
    Watched the recording. I'd say the animo was pretty good, but what happened actually I don't know

Yeah, they did a great job there. I still had a little doubt though whether they are singing live, or having a mixing with minus one recording. ItsuDeki especially, Misa sang at A-melody which is usually sung by Shiraishi, but what I heard is definitely her voice. Nakada singing lines also quite easy to catch up. The music track volume also seems to be went up and down, so my best guess it's a minus one recording.

Seeing Seifuku No Mannequin without Ikoma is still felt pretty weird though.

Also IMO they one of the best rendition of Barrette here. The dance really suited more to be performed by adults (as now all of them are :D). Hori also couldn't help to ooze her charm during the entire song. The others are really having a serious face going with the mood of the song, except her :D

EDIT :
    After listening till the end I only sure about Iku-chan live singing during Nandome A-melody

Also, I dunno it's something new or not, but the Oide Shampoo segment was quite amusing, with Asuka saying "Dame Dame Dame" during the skirt pulling dance segment :D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  12. vshav

vshav Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    Oh yes! Everything you said about Barrette is right. I don't fancy Barrette so much but that was a very good performance.

Only few of them have their mics' volume turned up, including one of them Iku-chan. I think they do sing live though with a bit of back vocal but not too overpowering. And that the audio mixing were really good. Members like Hoshino seem to have their mics really in low volume or not turned on at all.

13. QuesoMadness

QuesoMadness Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Trust me, the audio that you hear in the recording is not the same as what the live audience heard. Most of the "singing" was higher pitched than it should've been, as if there was an issue with the backing track. There were moments where it was so high, I literally winced. If you listen to the recording closely, you can hear where it's been overcorrected and either the pitch is too low or the quality has been reduced.

(Of course, it could be that all of the recordings of Nogi I've ever heard have been adjusted lower and they naturally sing at a higher pitch, but their speaking voices matched what I was used to.)

I'm guessing they tried to do some auto-tune for the broadcast. I do agree that some lines were live sung, but I'd guess they were few and far between.

14. QuesoMadness

QuesoMadness Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    That was easily one of the top highlights of the night for me. Cheering with the 'ooooo' fake anticipation of them lifting the dresses and then the quick cut to Ashu... Dang!

The thing that just killed me though is at just about the very, very last moment of the show, as HoshiMina walks off after the encore. I nearly became a puddle, overwhelmed by the cuteness.

As for the foreigners vs local turnout, it's hard to say. There was a definitely mainland contingent here (confirmed by the long line to buy cross-border bus tickets after the show), but the Cantonese group was here in force as well. I found this out after the fact, but there was a Facebook group where the fan organizers planned stuff and most of the posts are definitely in colloquial Cantonese (not how Mandarin speakers would write), and it has about 1000 members. Based off of what I heard around my seat, I'd say it was about 1/3 non-local, but who knows how representative it was? The VIP section could have been completely different.

15. vshav

vshav Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    Aha that does make sense if they do post-audio mixing. The quality was so good for live (which I was truly hoping). How was Iku-chan's voice live?

Edit: sometimes the singers can't sing in the right key/octave because their earpieces are not working as intended. Possibly this is one of the case?

16. QuesoMadness

QuesoMadness Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    As previously mentioned, you could hear her singing well was for the start of Nandome. All of the other times I can recall (I was particularly paying attention during Seifuku no Mannequin as she is the main voice for most of the lines), it was high.

Also, since it was so consistently high from the start, (plus it's a smallish indoor venue, on-floor monitors should be sufficient) I mentally immediately attributed it to the backing track and tried to enjoy the show by trying to ignore the audio quality and focus on doing the calls and watching the visuals. I couldn't suspend disbelief enough to appreciate the "singing".

17. QuesoMadness

QuesoMadness Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    I've posted about the Saturday Nogi talk session (in excruciating detail) in "The Nogizaka46 Experience Thread". I'm sure it's a horrendously long read, but if you're obsessed enough to care about all the stupid details, you're in luck.

18. keyaki daisuki

keyaki daisuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Did anyone here get the poster? I’m interested since I saw the Singapore one and I’m hoping the Hong Kong one looks good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

20. cryspower

cryspower Future Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    from the special Showroom on the 30th, Nogizaka46 meets Asia HK version should be available subbed in multi languages via several channels such as iflix on April 6th . anyways, there weren't many interviews neither , and much of the MCs were conducted in simple Cantonese.