1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Sugawara Maya (Maayan)

Discussion in 'Team E' started by Smilodon, Jun 13, 2015.

1. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

if the video does not show watch the video here
    Voice alarm for 22th single version. This is Maya sample voice. Purchasable from 10th Jan- 6th Feb '18. More info on the video description.

2. jaylitt

jaylitt Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugawaramaya
    Twitter:
    nickjaylitt
    I can confirm that this is a great way to wake up.

3. jaylitt

jaylitt Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugawaramaya
    Twitter:
    nickjaylitt
  4. Rinupft

Rinupft Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugawaramaya
    Twitter:
    Lindaapft
  5. jaylitt

jaylitt Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugawaramaya
    Twitter:
    nickjaylitt
    I used to translate blogs (Churi's) regularly on tumblr but...
    a) I don't really have the time to do that anymore
    b) The amount of people on tumblr has rapidly diminished, more people use twitter

So I just translate "important" blogs on Tumblr and I make summaries of her regular blogs.
    https://twitter.com/hashtag/sgwrtl?f=tweets&vertical=default&src=hash
    Use this to see the hashtag I use for the summaries.

If I ever translate something on my tumblr, it will be linked with that hashtag on twitter anyway.

6. Rinupft

Rinupft Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugawaramaya
    Twitter:
    Lindaapft
    Then thank you for your time to translate and summaries her blog. Since Maya isn't a top member it's hard to find her translated activities.

I bit surprised to find that her forum is also quiet.

7. jaylitt

jaylitt Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugawaramaya
    Twitter:
    nickjaylitt
    She's the top member for me and many other people : )
    Well, this site isn't active at all for SKE members in general.

8. Nory

Nory Member

Oshimen:
    Tsuzuki Rika
    Twitter:
    Kami_oshi_SKE48
    her ssk poster:
    DdU3F02VMAUDFBE.jpg

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶

10. mutomu

mutomu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Muto Tomu
    Translation
    "I’m Maya Sugawara as in Mayayan from SKE48 Team E. Let’s look back on the life as SKE48. I was chosen from Team E at the 2nd Draft meeting held in May of 2015 and in June I joined the Love Crescendo and in March of 2016 I was a senbatsu for the song Chicken Line and participated in the general election in June but could not rank in and also did the ceremonial first pitch. In 2017 I was able to have my own program on television and participated in the general election again in June but could not rank in. In 2018 I was able to do a radio on my own but I still have something that I did not experience. Do you know what that is? Yes, I haven’t experienced on ranking in I will do my best on achieving this dream so I ask for your support."

• Like Like x 1
  11. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    Maya at #45 in the prelims.

12. jaylitt

jaylitt Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugawaramaya
    Twitter:
    nickjaylitt
    What a result.
    What a rush.
    It's hard to believe.

I knew coming into the event that we had a very large amount of votes from our committee that guaranteed a rank in, but seeing how high the votes for rank 100 were I was frankly afraid we wouldn't make the milestone of 65.

To not only break 65, but also 50, which was her updated goal on her first rank in is nothing short of incredible. It feels great knowing that the votes came from within the fanbase too - I think this and the P4U victory can give people pause when they call her fans weak at contests.

In the rare event someone else is a fan of her on this forum I thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking some time to appreciate her. This entire campaign was possible thanks to a growth in interest. To anyone wondering who she is and why/how she managed to go from unranked to 29th: I could write a book about it so I will simply say that I have been filled with pride over the past months witnessing the way she goes about her various activities.

My votes managed to "give" her a rank but nothing would have been possible without the selfless dedication and amount of votes the others poured in which make my contribution look insignificant. It's really a group effort.

From a return to the SKE senbatsu to a P4U commercial rank in to dominating the theatre with her fans and increasing her airtime on radio and niconico - we've come a long way. With another SKE single to look forward to and now this 29th rank the sky is the limit. It's crazy to think that this all started for me when I brought a penlight to the theatre and decided to turn it green on a whim.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. kaleidx

kaleidx Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    suenagaoka
    I've recently noticed Maayan amongst the other draft2 members and watched her in some shows and really grew to like her. I think she found a new fan in me. Really happy to see her rank and her personality seems very fun from what I noticed in her speech!
    Congrats!

14. jaylitt

jaylitt Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugawaramaya
    Twitter:
    nickjaylitt
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. gullwing

gullwing Kenkyuusei

16. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Run into some show where Maya is part of. Looked at upload date, it's surprisingly fairly recent(This month).

The first part. She tried doing live report @12:00. You judge how successful or hilarious she did.:hehe:

The second part. Emulating talk show and acting. Wait, is that an acting?:hehe:

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. jaylitt

jaylitt Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugawaramaya
    Twitter:
    nickjaylitt
    Hello friends.
    Maya has a monthly show called “Sugawara Maya’s Empty Canvas.” It’s really good except that it’s behind a paywall that you can only get around with a Japanese credit card.

The next episode is on July 20 at 19:30.

In the rare event that anyone is interested, I can take screenshots or make clips of the show if you submit something to the show and it gets read or shown.

One of the things that always makes it on the show are illustrations. You just draw something and use the two hashtags in the「」s in the following tweet. You can also mail it at:

sugawara_karuta@wakusei2nd.com

https://twitter.com/planets_9/status/1018835388968759297?s=21

The pictures get printed out and put on the wall in back of her. They are also shown during a short break time.

Another thing you can do is write her a message. There are usually topics posted before the episode.

Another very popular way to interact is to draw a karuta card. This time the kana are た行. (Ta chi tsu te to)
    For example the ち card for this time has the following theme: “Be careful! This girls about to sell out at any moment!”

Here’s an example from two months ago. As you can see the kana was そ but I forgot what the theme was.

33D96DB2-1425-49E6-95A9-0FE4AAB4789F.jpeg

Anyway these seem a bit difficult for foreigners to make.

Here is the mail form with all the instructions:
    http://bit.ly/empty_canvas

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  18. jaylitt

jaylitt Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugawaramaya
    Twitter:
    nickjaylitt
    Maya had the 15th episode of her show yesterday. It was a lot of fun.

DijF4ExU8AAIpf4.jpg

Maya starts and ends by reading comments and some mail from fans. (All picked by the show staff.) They seem to always pick one mail from the "thoughts on the previous episode" category. I don't send many mails but I had one of mine picked from that category two or so episodes ago.

This episode was a really normal one so I don't really have much to write about.

I think practically all fan art submitted is put up on the wall. As you can see you really don't need to draw anything nice, it's the thought that counts.
    asasasas.png

There are several intermissions during the show. Two of them are image slideshows: one of them is always the fan art submitted, and the other one is always a slideshow of themed images. The theme this time around was the P4U senbatsu song so the pictures were of her in the dress with other members with the song playing.
    bandicam-2018-06-07-00-06-57-258.jpg

I think the karuta section is my favourite. The fans draw a lot of funny stuff which she reacts to. There were quite a lot of fan submissions this time around.
    I think I'll submit a few next time.
    zxzxzzzxz.jpg

DijC8oVU8AAQTM1.jpg

Every episode has two parts: the first part which I just described, and another part which I don't normally pay for. The first part only requires a 800 yen monthly subscription to the channel, whereas the second part costs 2200 yen or so for thirty minutes. The appeal of this last section is that you can win up to two prizes: the first is getting a live shout-out if you won the quiz which she gives at the start of the show. The second prize is a hand-written letter which gets mailed to you. I've paid for the second part a few times and I've always liked it, but I never won anything.

The next episode is on August 23. She will be wearing a yukata and there may (probably will) be a new corner.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. jaylitt

jaylitt Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugawaramaya
    Twitter:
    nickjaylitt
    Maya News vol. 1

D1E9D696-DEE6-4866-ABF1-DFD03DB25DFE.jpeg

(I’ve decided to try and condense news in this forum rather than do the stuff I tried on twitter. I’ll probably get lazy and stop like I always do.)

General news
    -July 23 is Lala’s birhday, so Lala posted some stuff on Twitter for the occasion. Maya mentioned how she wanted to see Lala soon but it was just some obvious stuff. I’m sure Maya knows a lot about Lala’s life now but she can’t talk about it, which resembles how she was when Saanan was graduating.
    9DF84270-57B5-420C-B666-1B5A5FE6F727.jpeg

-A consequence of Lala’s hiatus is that she will not be part of the Janken tournament, so Maya will need to wait another year to pair up with her and Yunana. This year Maya is teaming up with the other two girls from Miyagi in the 48 group: Sato Akari (Team 8) and Takahashi Nanami (NGT). They don’t have a name yet so Maya is asking people for suggestions.
    70A62F86-6499-44D2-B327-70E79A32C94B.jpeg
    92F8AAB7-3571-470F-83A7-324732EF9120.jpeg
    She thinks that the three of them will be guaranteed some work in Miyagi if they win. (Another goal of Maya’s.)

-Maya has been bumped up to 5 slots (perhaps 4.5 slots since one of these slots is shorter) for Ikinari Punchline handshakes. She previously had 4. As of now she has sold out the October event in Sendai and looks very likely to sell out the three events in September: two in Nagoya and one in Shizuoka. She tends to not sell out in Tokyo.

Mobame
    (I cannot share pictures from mobile mail due to rules so I will just describe them.)

-From July 21-22 she was in Tokyo for handshakes, and she was in a hotel room with Aiai, Kanochan, and Hatagon. There were so many people that a lot of people couldn’t get to use their tickets to talk to her. (Thanks to poor event planning. I’m lucky this didn’t happen to me in Osaka.)

-On July 23 she had some training for an upcoming SKE performance.

-She’s had a day where she only sent one mail since she was doing some (heavily implied) SSK-related work.

-Maya was searching for a new iphone case, but she just went back to her old one. It’s green so she feels like it’s destiny.

-She burned her face and she’s hoping there won’t be a scar. If there’s a scar she’ll go to some aesthetic clinic. She worries a lot about her face, especially when she feels like it swells.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 3
  20. kaleidx

kaleidx Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    suenagaoka
    Maya really loves her hometown! I watched her in Gakuen where she would mention that she wanted to visit more and (jokingly) not come back. I hope she doesn't miss it too much and can achieve her goal. Also I wonder what the SSK work might be ...