1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Owada Nana (Naanya) / 15th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Mana

Mana Under Girls

@chiuchimu

Honestly I think the AKB fans in Japan didn't like Naanya. and same with the international fans. She got the same hate that usual pushed top members get, but she got it before she could even reach the top member level. Maybe it's because they made her center of b-sides just after debut (and in songs with all biggest AKB members, Party is Over). She did great though. But people who like the other new gens hated on her, people who liked other 15th gen hated on her. I think all this pressure is maybe what made her gain some weight too which didn't make the situation any better (more people bashing her, and management drop her after she didn't lose weight, which is dumb because they could have given her a coach or something). Naanya also wasn't that good at handshake events so people constantly said that other girls deserve more than her. -_- of course Naanya also got a lot of fans and received love (and not only in Japan) but yeah it couldn't develop into something very big (because she never got in senbatsu) meanwhile the amount of hate was big from the start.

Management gave her a good push for her first year in the group, but they stopped the push before it got interesting. Maybe she was too young but yeah she never got in senbatsu. She only got a push in b-sides, which is good but they also stopped it after a year or so. She actually didn't appear that much on AKBINGO! and other AKB variety shows. There's that show around the end of 2015 where management pushed her in it though but that show didn't do well. in the end her best times in AKB where the first year, when she center in b-sides, got lead role in Sailor Zombie, when she was in Team B, and when she got the AKB49 musical role. that's the best things that happened for her in AKB (good times T_T).

The funny thing is that non-fans always said Naanya is one of the prettiest girls and should be pushed as center and that's probably what management thought too but they end up giving up on her. the way management treated her in the last year in AKB was just bad (and that was before any "scandal") they put her together with the unranked theater girls, she was the only known/ranked girl there aside from Yuiri who doesn't participate in elections and love being in theater (she's an exception). though I was happy to see Naanya in that stage (the Boku no Taiyou revival) it's one of the rare stages and line-up that I enjoyed in recent years, but yeah. she was completely ignored by management even though she ranked fine. Meanwhile nowadays, like 2 years later, even when new gens of AKB rank down, or gain some weight, management doesn't give up on them and still push them LOL I guess the new gen push is real now. kinda feels unfair for Naanya who was treated like that back then.

It's such a waste tbh she could have been the ideal ace for AKB if only management would invest a bit and coach her to diet etc. (I mean kind of like other idol groups do or even in Kpop or something) she definitely had the perfect visuals for an ace, she had a great aura as center (her height, dancing, style etc.), good skills (nice dancer, very nice voice), really all she needed was losing some weight and getting a bit better at handshakes and that's something she can learn with help and coaching. not everyone is naturally good at managing themselves and naturally good at interacting with others. She was perfect to be idol, it's such a waste, but well. I want to see her successful by herself now, AKB fans and management don't deserve her.

2. starfast

starfast Kenkyuusei

I'm actually mad at the management. If they started investing go through it till the end. It's still early, of course it's gonna be rocky for a while. In the end it's worth it.

I'm actually happy things turned out great for her. If she stayed, she'll only be known to Akb fans. Right now, she's being known to the general public. (Even now she's being known as a former member(I don't think it's a bad thing cuz it could garner some's interests))

Even if you are an idol in Japan, there's only certain people who care, even if it is the biggest no one is gonna look at the details.

I'm not against her dating someone and maybe breaking up later, it might sort help her transition to being an adult. It could also help her convey emotions better. She's growing up from the little girl that we want to protect to a woman that is still protected yet she also help herself.

3. r1z48

r1z48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kadowaki Miyuna
    Twitter:
    RizaMartwan
    Ah, then the Google Translate has tricked me.. :^^;: thank both of you for the confirmations..

4. chiuchimu

chiuchimu Member Stage48 Donor

Her Bingo reaction wasn't Yukirin but neither are other girls like Renacchi and Oguri Yui and they don't get benched like Naanya. I agree that Ookamikun was a good move for her because it exposed her to non-AKB fans.

Everything you said is true. If they knew there were jealous fans, then management should have tried to find a solution instead of dumping her.

5. starfast

starfast Kenkyuusei

Renacchi and Yui are not that great in the giving reactions, but they're more active on the show. or the staff just doesn't want to show Naanya that much on bingo and people thinks she's boring

6. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Here's a short video of Naanya and Ryoka from last year on 20 July 2017:

if the video does not show watch the video here

This is when they recorded for a radio show that was also aired as video, I finally took time to watch that radio show (yes, months later LOL). Naanya is actually without make-up there (she often appears without make-up also on IG Live etc.), she looks really good and I like her casual outfit <3 You can watch the radio show in full here. the video is super long, but the part with Naanya and Ryoka is from 40:00 to 2:30:00. I saw their whole part. the first hour is mostly about them talking. I was too distracted to pay attention (LOL) I just know Naanya said she isn't wearing make-up, and they talked about summer, and they also show some of their photos and talked about it. at 1:45:00 a foreign english speaking girl joins them and they talk about their stage play (it was about the first Shiro to Kuro stage play) since the girl speaks in english, you can understand what happens there, it's just for 15 minutes and then she left. Later at 2:05:00, for 5 minutes or so, the girls did some "cute" phrases for the camera, Naanya did it 2 times. and lastly at 2:18:00 Naanya did some neck hula-hoop, if some of you remember, it was the "special skill" that Naanya had when she first joined AKB haha You can see it on this old video, when she was KKS (she was so cute >.<):

7. chiuchimu

^Thanks!
    I didn't know you speak Japanese. Me too but reading and writing Japanese is a little bad since I grew up in USA.

Naanya is one of those rare girls that look equally good with or without makeup. Another example is Ogura Yui.

8. Mana

Mana Under Girls

@chiuchimu Actually I don't really speak japanese (or read it), but after some years into this fandom, hearing japanese a lot, I end up understanding things ;D and that's why my japanese is good enough to translate blog posts etc. but not good enough to translate or understand everything LOL but I keep learning ^^

I just watched Naanya's Instagram Live from 30 January! the live streaming is 1 hour long. I have to say, not much is happening there haha she mostly talked about Ookami-kun, replied to some fans about simple things etc. around 36:00 someone asked her if she likes TWICE and she said yes! I'm glad to know she's still a fan! around 44:00 Miyabi posted some comments and Naanya replied and said that she wants to meet her soon :> and around the end at 56:00 it looks like Ryoka send some comments as well and Naanya replied to them. Other than this, Naanya just did random talks etc. But this video is worth watching if you want to see Naanya looking adorable and pretty & making cute voices and expressions every now and then (LOL) she looks really pretty in there <3 around the end, she became sleepy and she was cold and hungry too, for some reason it made her look even cuter haha. I made 3 cute gifs from the video:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Her hairstyle with the braids on the side is super cute, she should do this kind of hairstyles more often! She's adorable <3

I also watched Naanya's Instagram Live from 26 February. the video is around 18 minutes long, she's in a car together with some of the cast of Ookami-kun, there is Rinne, Sora and Takumi. I guess they were on their way to do some recordings? They're eating and talking, they seem to get along well, it's nice ^^

In other news, Naanya has now almost 116,000 followers on Twitter, she's currently #77 most followed member of 48G all-time, nice number (7=Nana)! for Instagram she has now 107,000 followers and she is #34 most followed member of 48G all-time. She will soon become #32 btw. That's really nice.

9. chiuchimu

Way to go Naanya!
    New she was special since Party is Over.

10. Mana

Mana Under Girls

2018/02/16 Geinou Gijuku Daigaku #24

I was on AbemaTv's channel and noticed this video with Naanya on the thumbnail, so I checked it out! She's appearing in quite a lot of AbemaTv shows since 2018 started LOL I wasn't aware of this one (she probably said it on Twitter but I'm not updated >.<). This is a short video, around 10 minutes long (it doesn't seem to be the full show). The guests are all young girls, and it's kind of like a class, the Mc is like a teacher and giving infos etc. Here they talk about animals and he told them infos about the sloth. The girls look surprised a lot of times LOL. Some screenshots of Naanya:

001.jpg 002.jpg 003.jpg 004.jpg 005.jpg

:blush::blush::blush:

11. starfast

starfast Kenkyuusei

^ She's also in another episode. She shows a lot more reaction and is a lot more active in that one. She even did tsukkomi.

12. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Oh really :p I'll search for it and see later if it's uploaded on Youtube :>

I found full scans for Naanya's photoshoot for Young Gangan 2018 No.2!

004.jpg 005.jpg 006.jpg 007.jpg 008.jpg 009.jpg

I'm putting these under spoiler because they're close-up versions of photos that are already in the scans above. + off-shots!

001.jpg 002.jpg 010.jpg 011.jpg 012.jpg 013.jpg 003.jpg

Although I'm not into gravure, but this is a nice photoshoot! and these photos look really good. it's also nice to see Naanya doing a photoshoot again after so long! I hope she can get more! I found the good quality scans on Naanya's Baidu Bar btw. Naanya's chinese fans are dedicated and always post new content.

13. starfast

starfast Kenkyuusei

My OTP :cry::cry:. It's really sad, especially knowing that Naanya was trying to hold back her tears. She lets it out a little in the end. In the previews, Naanya is having a date with Asaya also it seems that Taizou is also in the next episode. There's a voice either Sora's or Taizou's saying something about Naanya. It's too quiet for me to decipher it.

This show makes me think, after it ends you can choose whether to date or not. Does that include Taizou too? Because Naanya seems really happy with him.

14. chiuchimu

I doubt she would. I think her fans are still mostly AKB fans and think of her as an Idol.

15. starfast

starfast Kenkyuusei

As long as she is happy. I don't care if she's dating or not. Everyone goes through it one day, we just need to be ready and supportive of her. It could also benefit her acting because there are some scenes that are hard to learn but is easier when they experienced it themselves. The fans needs be ready and accept her as an actress now or the title of an idol will stick on her forever and people would never see her acting skills.

16. Ohoho Naanyan

Ohoho Naanyan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    owadanana
    Hi, I'm new here. :^^;:
    I just recently start watching Akbingo. And I came across this adorable human that I never knew existed before. A little too late for me, she has graduated from AKB48..:cry::cry: I've missed a lot :/ lol

But, I'm so glad I found this forum!! I'm here now, looking forward to see her grow in the future. I hope it is still not too late to join this fandom.:^^;::^^;:

Anywho, who decides on who's getting eliminated? The girls or viewers' vote?

17. starfast

starfast Kenkyuusei

@Ohoho Naanyan first of all, welcome to this adorable human's forum we hope you'll find yourself comfortable here. Second of all, it's not too late to join this fandom.

To answer your question, it's the viewers' and the girls' votes that are counted. Though the girls' votes doesn't change much.

18. Leozz

Leozz Kenkyuusei

Anyone know about who got eliminated from the show? I didnt watch ookami-kun because I don't understand Japanese so well you know I have no ideal what's Goong on. ROFL.

Btw, this is my first post on this forum. Best Regards to all of you.

19. starfast

starfast Kenkyuusei

@Leozz the one who got eliminated was Taizou or his full name is Wakamaki Taishiro. He is currently a model and got his start when he won a competition in high school. He is friends with Asaya (the halfie) who is also a model. He is popular among the fans and him and Naanya are the most popular ship on the show. Reason why he got eliminated was that he got the most votes by the audience for suspicion of being a wolf. He'll probably still be on the show because of Naanya (he said something about Naanya in the preview)

20. Ohoho Naanyan

Ohoho Naanyan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    owadanana
    Hmm is it just me, or Abema TV stopped posting full episodes of Ookami on their official YT channel? :/

Btw, this is so sad. I shipped Taizou and Nana so hard. But, somewhere along the episodes, I feel bad for Kisa since he tried so hard to get Nana's attention. :^^;: So, I kinda lowkey shipped Kisa and Nana. But Nana seems happier when Taizou around. :/ :(:(
    I wonder how will next episode go.

On the other hand, if Taizou is the real Ookami-kun at the end of the show, I guess it is fair to say that the audience save Nana then. :lol: