1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Seeing AKB48 Shows (TOC at first post)

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Youkokurama, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    Thank you for explanation :)

2. GATX105

GATX105 Member

Sorry if this is a repeat question re the overseas account -- so for an overseas person, is it better to change to an overseas account with your true address or just leave the account as is with a japanese address?
    I think I did the same as what some people did and used my hotel address.
    Thanks.

3. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    So I've been doing a little test to see what category is worth applying for: general or ladies. Obviously, this only applies to female fans, but I'm going to post it in case it helps anyone deciding what to apply for. I've been applying for about 2 months for general tickets with no win. My idea was: more tickets, better chance to win, plus you have a chance to be put on the waiting list. However, after no win, I decided to start applying for ladies ticket instead. I have just won the 2nd ticket during this time. Obviously, this is no scientific proof that ladies tickets are more likely to be won, but it's my personal experience. When I went to the theater the last time, I also talked to 2 female Japanese fans who told me they usually win about 1 ticket per month using the ladies ticket system. So, if you're a girl and have a chance to apply for ladies ticket, I encourage you to do so to up your chances. Btw, my experience is from AKB theater, so I'm not sure how the chances are in the other ones.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. ranko

ranko Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    GPBchan
    Hey everyone, I'm planning a trip to Tokyo in March and was hoping to apply to a few theater shows.
    I registered my ticket center account at this url: https://ticket.akb48-group.com/
    Like everyone seems to have said, registering under a foreign address just doesn't let you apply to any theater shows, even those supposedly accepting foreign applicants?
    Taking that into account, I wanted to ask what my best course of action is. I can use a friend's address in Japan for my account. Is it best for me to put that, apply for enpou, and show up with my passport in the case I win? (I guess I'd put passport info on my ticket center account, too)
    Or should I apply for ladies tickets and not risk being turned down for enpou?
    Thanks everyone!

5. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    You can apply for both enpou AND ladies ticket. Of course, which shows you can apply to for enpou category depends on your friend'a address. So if your friend's address is in Tokyo or neighboring prefectures, you can't apply for enpou category for AKB even though you have a foreign passport - the system won't let you since it lets you apply on stuff based on your address (same goes for Nagoya or nearby for SKE, Osaka and nearby for NMB, etc.). If you are able to apply for both enpou and ladies ticket, that would give you better chances of winning. I have no personal experience with enpou but others say you don't need proof of address if you have a foreign passport, so it might be worth trying anyways.

6. GATX105

GATX105 Member

Does anyone know if the HKT 2-shot works the same way as the AKB ones meaning that you get your tickets stamped at the start to avoid possible issues (especially with having a foreign address on your passport)? Is it like this for HKT handshake tickets? -- since this is the 1st HKT album.
    Thanks!

7. throtran

throtran Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    hey
    I will be visiting Tokyo next week.
    Since hearing Mayuyu's "Hoshi no Mukougawa" Version in the anime I'm a huge fan and I always wanted to visit the famous AKB48 theater. Sadly she graduated before I got the chance.

Now I'm kind of frustrated: After getting an account and waiting almost three months for the schedule it seems I cannot register for any event.
    So after a short google search I found this thread and it seems to be a common problem.

Maybe I've overread it or it is simply not quite clear to me:
    If I change my address to the hotels adress will I be able to apply for tickets?
    Will there be any problems to get the actual ticket with my German passport if I win?
    Also neither me nor my friend speak Japanese. Will this be a big problem?

I've dreamt for this opportunity a long time and it would really suck if I can't take it just because of a system that is hostile to foreigners -.-

Hope someone can help me or share their experience. thx

8. Sakuraism

Sakuraism Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    andilee1989
    yes, if u make a normal (non oversea) acc with any jpnese address it should be ok the moment u show them ur foreign passport. they get it.
    not speaking jpnese, well. its basically as inconvenient as u would experience everywhere else, as long u noe the procedures i guess u wouldnt be too lost.

That being said...being able to apply vs actually getting in is sadly to say, night and day. Not saying it`s not possible but putting too much faith on getting in once you can apply is..eek.

9. Shiatama

Shiatama Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murayamayuiri
    Is there a chance when waiting at the entrance of the theater to meet the members when they go in, like during the day or morning? Can you enter the theater (lobby) also if there is no performance?

10. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    We had a thread about this, but it was locked since it escalated into an argument...

The short answer is no, you cannot meet the members as they are entering or leaving the theater. In the case of AKB, the members do not walk in the front door, they have a back entrance that they come and go through. They all arrive and leave via a shuttle bus, and when they are going to and from the bus they are flanked by numerous theater staff who will tell you to move on if you try to engage the members. My guess is the other theaters have a similar setup.

In the old days, when the fanbase was smaller, they say that trying to confront the members, or even hanging out behind the building waiting for them to come and go could warrant you being permanently banned from 48-group activities. Moreover, most fans honor this "unwritten" rule out of respect for the members. Not everyone enjoys being confronted on the street by zealous fans.

So if you want to meet the members, it is best to get a handshake event ticket.

The theater is not open when there is no performance.

11. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    As I've mentioned before on this thread I've twice visited the theater on a Sunday at around 17.00 between the two performances that they usually have on that day. On both occasions I was able to spend a few minutes in the corridor with the members' photos and in the lobby area. There were very few other people there at the time so I wasn't getting in anyone's way. However out of courtesy I did check with the member of staff in the ticket office near the top of the escalator that it'd be OK for me to take a quick look around. Hope that helps!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Shiatama

Shiatama Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murayamayuiri
    Thanks for your answers! Helps a lot!

13. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    Not a theater performance question but a concert question. I "accidentally" won tickets for 4 different concerts (both of AKB's, SKE's, and HKT's on March 31st/April 1st) - I applied for all of them since I never won any concert tickets before despite applying for 10+ concerts, so I thought if I applied for all I'd at least maybe win 1. I didn't expect to win all, but somehow I did. There is no cancellation available, but I cannot really afford to go to all 4. I know if I don't pay my seat gets cancelled, but do you think if I pay for let's say 2 of them and get the other ones cancelled, will this be any problem now or in the future? Like, will I get blacklisted or something?

14. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    @Riina

Ehhhhh???? How do you get so lucky? I didn't win any of them, and everyone I have talked to so far lost all four as well. Jeez.

As for your question, I don't really know what to tell you. They say it's bad to skip out on this stuff after you win. However, none of us really know what they will or won't do.

15. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    I have no idea how that happened, I never win any concert tickets, that's why I felt it was safe to apply to all 4 thinking I wouldn't win any or maybe 1. Even when I first saw them in the "win" category on the ticket website, I was so surprised and thought it was some bug, until I actually received the emails with the convenience store payment numbers :confused:

Well, I'm still seeing if I can come up with the money but otherwise I'll have to skip 1 or 2. Do you happen to know if the two AKB concerts on the same day will be the same, i.e. same performing members and setlist, or different? I don't know what the usual practice in such cases is...

16. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    according to what I read I believe they will be completely different.

17. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    Thanks, I guess that makes it even more difficult for me to decide which ones to go to in case I can't get the money for all of them, but at least I can take it into account when making my decision :^^;:

EDIT: The plot thickens. I ended up winning a theater show on top of these 4 concerts. At this point, I'm almost sure this is some kind of bug. All these wins are based on my fanclub membership as well, first time I ever won anything through it. Anyone else ever had a similar "problem"?

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  18. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    EDIT: Whohoo won all 4 shows! \:D/

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
  19. Roxas04

Roxas04 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yabukinako
    Twitter:
    JeremyRoxas04
    Guys, I successfuly registered to the akb48 ticket center yesterday morning ! :)

Day after day, I will go to the akb48 ticket center to see when there will be the performances of NMB48 beteween the april 4th and the april the 11th for my Osaka " period ".

See you soon !

20. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Amazingly, I haven't won any, and they just started a 4th round! (Luckily I have found an extra ticket for HKT so far)

Oh, and I had my third consecutive cancel machi loss yesterday. Had cancel machi #87, it went up to #53 (for 16th gen, evening show)