1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The NGT48 Thread

Discussion in 'General NGT48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jan 25, 2015.

1. goratnik

goratnik Member

Oshimen:
    Akimoto Yasushi
    Twitter:
    goratnik
    Oh well, Five still looks OK. Is their (full, there was probably one song or something already, but I don't know the date) performance debut announced?

2. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    I hope 4th single will be released in October or November. Is it possible?

3. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    3rd single isn't even out yet :lol:

4. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    I'm just hoping that next single will be released in autumn....

5. enc0re

enc0re Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    encore_AC_
  6. Arinko

Arinko Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    ^ same here.... hoping someone would upload it

7. enc0re

Twitter:
    encore_AC_
    https://twitter.com/TVTOKYO_PR

Apparently Rika is going to co-host a TV show every single weekday in Tokyo. Looks like a pretty huge opportunity for her to me. I doubt she has much time for idol activities now when she is occupied every single weekday, especially for those located in Niigata.

People speculate in the Rika thread that there will be an announcement on Sunday during the theater performance.

What do you guys think she is gonna do? Leave the group for AKB maybe? From what I see and read of her she doesn't seem to enjoy Niigata that much anyways and I don't see her having much affection to the group as the other members. I personally can see her leaving with this job.

8. Arinko

Arinko Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    Mofu, Aina and Yukirin are in the senbatsu for the AKB48 Exam Centre results and in the Kami-7s too.

9. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    i think a transfer to akb is possible since they're starting the new teams soon

10. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Big fat meh, honestly.

It is also worth noting that this is yet another program produced by Akimoto, so beyond all the pretenses of surprise, like "Woah, it's so unexpected that this offer came to me" (just wait for it...), it's not like we don't already know thanks to whose connections this position was "earned" in reality. Hardly a matter of pride.

Which brings me to make one more due observation.
    It's interesting that when it comes to experimenting with units inside the singles and other such in-group activities, we see a conscious effort to always keep things balanced, as well as a careful consideration of each member's characters and qualities and how they can harmonize when together. But at the same time, it's always the same face that gets pushed on outside jobs again and again ad nauseam, totally disregarding whether the job she's given suits her or not in the first place (and, more often than not, with justifications tacked on that sound just like blatant afterthoughts), all at the expense of other members, not to mention to the detriment of the whole group's image.

From this disconnect, it's clear to see which decisions actually come from the NGT staff who has always worked closely with the members, knows them very well and has their best interests at heart -- and which decisions on the other hand come from the mothership management which is appallingly out of touch with the situation inside the sister groups and just acts upon hasty judgements, persisting with the same failing, unchanging strategy like a bunch of stubborn donkeys, no doubt out of pure laziness and apathy, just so they can call it a day and have one thing less to mind about.

That the 48G brand has long been dead in Akimoto's eyes is sadly common knowledge. You can't expect him to still sit down and review all the members one by one, to take note of who is actually deserving and who has potential to spend. You can't trust him anymore to make well-thought, far-sighted deliberations. This can be easily inferred from this laziness and apathy with which he goes about managing the sister groups.
    Even if it's an ill-conceived goripush that only ends up in a mess, all that matters to him now is to pull some tokenistic effort every now and then, just to prove to himself and the ignorant outsiders that he is at least "doing something", no matter what (or how asinine it is), since the only other option would be just to leave the group to languish.
    In the end, those who suffer the most from this are us fans who are stuck for years with the same rushed lineups, the same ill-advised projects, the same trite pushes nobody asked for, and can do nothing about it.

Considering how it also had the misfortune of being created in the same year as Keyakizaka, NGT is lucky to have survived so many years in the face of obvious neglect, any other group would have collapsed already. But it is exclusively thanks to a caring local management and a tightly-knit and resourceful pool of members, who acted on their own initiative and took matters in their own hands. Together.
    Clearly not because of Akimoto's involvement, which has frankly become something unwelcome (and almost ruinous) by now.
    For all their faults about creating a tiered hierarchy within their group, in one aspect I have to applaud the STU management for their smart move: perhaps they saw the writing on the wall soon enough, and that's why they demanded as a fundamental condition that all the members be moved under their own proprietary agency, where they could be under their more direct care -- far away from Akimoto, who was basically relegated to the role of simple rhymester. I wish something similar had happened here as well.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  11. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    https://twitter.com/nyan_rion93/status/974269925861728256

Other NGT members who made it in the Top 100:
    #42 - 99 points - Yamaguchi Maho
    #44 - 98 points - Nishimura Nanako
    #59 - 92 points - Nishigata Marina
    #72 - 90 points - Homma Hinata
    #80 - 89 points - Kado Yuria

---

Fun fact: for some reason, the question on the test which had the highest rate of correct answers was the one about Tsugumin's photo:
    https://twitter.com/sr_ngt_48/status/974287942083493888

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

No.

People always talk about girls transfering to AKB (Jurina, Sayanee, Sakura...) because they do so much work in Tokyo or whatever and it just never happens.

In the 12 years of AKB, only three girls have been transferred to the mothership: Nakanishi Chiyori, Ogasawara Mayu and Kizaki Yuria.
    And that was during the shitfest that was the Daisokaku of 2014.

Rika will stay in NGT.

• Like Like x 3
  13. ogiyukaa

ogiyukaa Kenkyuusei

More people got this right than Yuihans?!! wtf hahaha I wonder what the percentages were

Really really happy for Mofuchan and Ainya sugoii

14. antares

antares Kenkyuusei

On Max Toki 315 from Akihabara to Niigata
    Oshimen:
    sugaharariko
    Yuihan question requires people to diffientiate 2 names from Yuihan & Yokochan (team-8). I do not know Japanese but I am still surprised that many people failed that question.
    I do not like the fact that they give the question about Yuihan 5 points while other ones have only 1 point each :asdfgh:

15. goratnik

goratnik Member

Oshimen:
    Akimoto Yasushi
    Twitter:
    goratnik
    They were right though when rating difficulty of this question.

16. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    I mean that question was either a bonus pity point question so you don't get a humiliating zero points from the test or an existential question which if you got it wrong then you should re-consider calling yourself an AKB fan at that point lol

17. enc0re

Twitter:
    encore_AC_
  18. ogiyukaa

ogiyukaa Kenkyuusei

Ah I went back and looked at the possible answers for that question 横山由依 vs 横山結衣 and I could see where someone could get confused but I don't know Japanese so I don't know if they should know the difference or not lol they probably should though because even I recognize which one is yuihans haha

It's pretty cool that tsugumin's was answered correctly the most!

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  19. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    I think they should. If you look at aka's post of handshake sales in the Team 8 thread, there usually are only two characters for each member, but for Yokochan, you always see 横山結. This is how I learned the difference.

20. ogiyukaa

ogiyukaa Kenkyuusei