1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Stage48 Feedback & Suggestions VI

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by Mr Waffle, Apr 2, 2014.

1. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

I'm glad to see new things here. Thank you! :)

2. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    i thought it was an april fools, honestly.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. nakotteiijan

nakotteiijan Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    矢吹奈子
    Since seems like the shuffle took place (the members are places in their new teams on the official site, Shonichi announced, etc), it would be great if one of the mods could move the threads of each member to the new team.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

@ithebigc I like the like/feedback system but can we somehow remove the thumbs down, disagree, and bad spelling rating? I was disliked three times by butthurt people about my joke regarding Haruppi (which I said jk following it) and someone even gave me a bad spelling feedback. I'm sure all of us know how chaotic this forum gets when management makes a controversial decision so it will be abused by a lot of people when it happens. Along with the thumbs down, disagreement, in my opinion, can just be quoted. Besides, not all of us here are native English speakers so getting a bad spelling feedback is really discouraging to anyone and everyone. Not that I care about getting disliked or whatever but some people are quite sensitive and might think that other people are holding a grudge against them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    All the other ratings, including likes, could be quoted too. So might as well get rid of that one with the others. /sarcasm

Do agree about the spell check rating. It should go.

6. gocchisama

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    This forum has waited more than 5 years before getting the like system.

Give it at least few months to settle and so people figure out the accurate tone to give to. Behavior depends on how the majority of user do. If everyone use too many times the like, it will lose it's meaning. But if the majority use the like system efficiently, people will understand how to use it properly.

Also, because it's a joke doesn't mean it is appropriate. I don't know the context but i don't expect to be warmly welcomed when i attempt to joke on a member thread.

7. Matsui Hikari

So you should quote someone saying 'i agree with you" and that's it? Totally defeats the purpose of a forum?
    It wasn't a member thread LOL. I don't even drop by member threads except Naachan's. Besides, what I said was joked a million times on this forum already and I've seen worst. Abusing the function much? From what I'm seeing, the most obvious posts are being agreed/liked like 3+ times. It loses the rarity of likes. I'm not against the like system but ?? I was on the General AKB thread and so many people made the same statement/opinion but only one person were liked multiple times. Tell me that's people knowing how to use it properly. I'm not at all complaining. I'm just addressing the "majority behavior."

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    See works both ways.;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

i didnt notice the new changes til today and thanks again for updating the forum :worthy::worthy::worthy:

10. gocchisama

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    it is also possible people are excited about the new feature and want to use it "while it's hot".

I believe (or rather i hope) it will tone down when the like system will be mainstream. Everything will be due in time.

11. trxsh

trxsh Member

I think you got dislikes because you were being a jerk.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Endu

Endu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kato Shiho
    Generally speaking, I always thought the like feature was pretty useful because it was a way to support someone's statement instead of having to write a whole paragraph with pretty much the same arguments.
    I'm not quite sure what to think about the new dislike ratings yet. I mean, it is a way for people who don't want to write much or nothing at all to express their opinion, but I think it would be somewhat discouraging for people who post something that the majority of the readers doesn't agree with if they have like 20 negative ratings or so on their post after a short while, everytime they post here. I hope it doesn't stop people from posting what they really think because at the end of the day this is a forum where people should discuss about what they think and not just press a button and move on. I think time will tell if it's a good think and wether we need it or not.
    I would agree that the bad spelling rating is completely unnecessary though. It's mocking people whose English isn't good (which often isn't their fault) and could be highly discouraging for them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Matsui Hikari

But there is a reason for a disagreement. That is how a discussion starts. When you have the disagree/dislike button, it's like "Imma dislike/disagree because I have a different opinion/pov but I won't say why." When you agree with someone and has nothing to add, that's when things get repetitive. I'm sure you've also encountered many posts where it's like "you just put my thoughts into words" or "I agree with everything you said" like is it necessary?
    Mind sharing with me how I was being a jerk when other people make fun of Myao, Meru, Mio, Miion, and etc. all the time about being "fat" in pm?
    --
    nobody*** made his attacks already. Amazing usage of the system :worthy:
    --
    There's obviously more irresponsible than respectful people here. If I get one cent for everyone getting butthurt on this forum, I will be richer than Bill Gates by tomorrow. This whole dislike system that is available for EVERYONE will just make it worse. It's not wrong to have a different opinion but this is making it feel very wrong to express something different. Some of us here believe very strongly of our opinions and oppose everything else. Especially with the anonymous (except to poster) rating, those people will take great advantage of it. Everyone will be pressured to go with majority opinion. I overall agree with Endu said.

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  14. nakotteiijan

nakotteiijan Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    矢吹奈子
    @Matsui Hikari - I see why it can hurt people who share relatively fringe or rude opinions, but if those are your opinions, you should expect backlash. You posted a rude joke about Haruppi being fat. People got upset and utilized the new option. People didn't utilize this option before because it, well, didn't exist.

• Like Like x 2
  15. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

@Matsui Hikari when users disagree/offended with your fat joke, that's what the "dislike" button is for. You got to be responsible for your post on the forum.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Matsui Hikari

Pretty ironic because people that disliked also previously made fat jokes about other members multiple times :fear: I could care less that I'm being disagreed with because I've already been a million times since joining but those other points? Any justifications for those?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. trxsh

trxsh Member

The ratings are not that anonymous; if you check "recent activity" list you can see who liked or rated what- usually I do that by clicking on someone's profile, which makes the spot for "recent posts" change to "recent activity".

I had fun scrolling through that for a few minutes in class this morning. It's interesting to me since since it's still new and all [hehe]

18. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Oh no the secret technique is now known

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

19. trxsh

trxsh Member

I guess the moral of the story is to take responsibility for what you post and also how you rate? Like, you can spam vendetta dislikes all you want but don't be surprised when people call it out.

20. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    I legit got a dislike from saying "this" lol

Never thought my first ever negative rating was from this. O wells.