Sasaki Kotoko (Kotoko) / 2nd Gen

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 Graduated Members' started by caramujo, May 14, 2013.

1. MrQazman

MrQazman Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Minami
  2. galangsatria

galangsatria Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Twitter:
    galangsatrw
  3. vshav

vshav Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    I have been contemplating to change my profile picture to that first pic above!
    But in that photo we can't see her facial features so much. The background is too bright or overexposure..

4. veliem

veliem Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
  5. vshav

vshav Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    WHAT?? KOTOKO DOING SHOWROOM?? GOTTA FIND THE RECORDING NOW.

6. veliem

veliem Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    Yes she did haha. General summary is
    Anime
    Wanting to visit Germany
    Some thing about some borscht soup
    Getting along with her older brother
    Liking chilled geneovese pasta
    And something about sitting next to someone name nakamura

Link: YouTube.com/watch?v=4BGeRMS3X2s

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

7. Sno

Sno Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    Lately i am in interested in Kotoko ^ ^

I want to know why she become gloomy? Eventough she have changed a little this year, especially in 46 hours TV. I tried to looking for her past pictures and i think she was more cheerful when she joined at fist time.

8. PetalidiStelle

PetalidiStelle Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Twitter:
    petalidistellee
    Well one can't really tell for sure, but she seems more focused in climbing up in popularity than she was before. She did an emotional speech at an Under concert (iirc) talking about that. Her blog posts have became longer, she's showcasing more of her hobbies (Russia, anime) and recently she had her first solo Showroom stream.
    She's probably under bigger pressure.

I personally hope she strives for some more time until graduating. Even if she doesn't get a Senbatsu spot, I'd like to see her landing an exclusive modelling or hosting job (she's got HaZap so it'd be nice seeing her in something anime-related, like Ikoma in Oh My Jump).

9. Sno

Sno Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    I see. I think the main problem is from handshake event. I tried to search history about her in 2ch forum and there was a thead that said Kotoko has changed after declaration in under concert. She has shaked with 2 hands now and with more smile, maybe that was the reason why her soldout tickets increased rapidly in 18 and 19th single.

It is nice to see when she has a lot of fun in Abema Tv New Year, 46 hours Tv and her recently showroom ^ ^. But sometimes Kotoko changed into her gloomy version again when she looks had no motivation in Nogiten 2 in cat episode. And in Handshake event, Many said that she was expresionless and only answered with yes or no. It really gave bad impressions in 2ch :(

I hope too that she can maxing out her potensial.

10. vshav

vshav Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    I read somewhere that people were attacking her (maybe verbally) during handshake. Her personality is untypical for an idol. She is very reserved, unexpressive, few words come out from her mouth, and also kind of looked like as if she's very ignorant. I don't think that's true at all. If it were, she would have quit Nogizaka VERY long time ago. Although from a normal point of view she doesn't look like someone who can stand in the entertainment world, there must be something she's looking for from Nogizaka.

I think those people that attacked her, as well as the expectation of how an idol should be, put so much pressure for her and she went to stress state (very likely, sometimes she's not in the concert with no clarification). I was into Kotoko also just few months back and it was strange for me too to see how different she was from the start. I can relate a lot to Kotoko though, so I feel like I can connect a lot with what she was probably experiencing. She is an extremely cute, lovely girl when she is comfortable with the people around her (Sayuringo Gundan, Hazap, and some radio works). Otherwise, it takes extra effort to truly display what kind of girl she is. Glad that at least her visual can be a selling point for her. It was a miracle some loyal fans must have arranged a campaign to make her the Top 5 Idol with the Best Visual. That was one of the first trigger that launch her motivation back.

I can make a whole essay just about her really.

11. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    They honestly should ban the people that just come to a HS to bully, attack or harass the members.

12. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Please do. I would like to hear more. Fans of unders should help push them more.

13. Sno

Sno Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    I think she is similliar like Ayane. Both of them are very shy and sometimes they dont know how to reponse well. Many of their fans want them to become more solid combination and i am really agree with this. Eventough they are already paired in many times, i dont see they have close relationship. I only watched HAzzap episode once (Monster cafe episode), did they talk a lot? Or they just talk like using a script?

I see, maybe it caused a trauma to her. I hope she can be stronger in next HS. I am afraid her HS soldout will be dropped again like before if she still dont show good responce :(

And please make more essay about her, i want to know a lot about her :D

Btw, i just watched Iori's Showroom with her. Its nice both of them have fun eventough Kotoko didn't talk a much. I want to see more of her interaction with other members since she usually only interact with Sayuringo. It would be good if she can do Showroom with Ayane or even Hori soon :)

14. veliem

veliem Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    • Like Like x 4
  15. Sno

Sno Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    @veliem Thank you very much! :D

Have you watched the Showroom full? Is there something interesting that Kotoko said about make up? I am only understand a little parts from ther converstation lol

16. veliem

veliem Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    In the beginning, iori and ktk said some weird stuff
    <start>
    Iori: ktk is... yeah, i was thinking of coming today with completely no make up, but because of time reasons and since ktk is joining me, i thought that would be a waste, so, kinda like... here's a pretty girl (pointing to ktk)
    Ktk: yay~
    Iori: like that
    ktk: the way she invited me was like, what was it? "I'm gonna start with no make-up, so i'd like a pretty girl like iori to be next to me." that's how I was invited, so i was like, "what?"
    Iori: yup
    Ktk: of course I'll come.
    <end>
    I don't understand what iori is saying... Lol

15 minutes in.
    Ktk was shocked to find out that iori uses 4 diffeent mascara att once. She said she only uses the 1.

23 minutes in.
    Iori says Japanese eye curler doesn't work well for her. Like shiseido. So she uses American ones called tweezerman or something like that. She had trouble saying it, so no idea what the brand is.

30 minutes in.
    Ktk: doesn't ur eyelashes turn white when u put on foundation?
    Iori: huh?!
    Ktk: oh no. I mean when u put it on in a hurry or without paying too much attention
    Iori: oh, yeah. The powder does get on ur eyelash.

51 minutes in.
    Iori said usually it takes her 30 to 40 minutes to put on make up. When she ask ktk. Ktk said she does other stuff while putting on make up. So she think it takes her about 15 minutes for the make up part. But she doesn't know exactly how long she spends on make up. Ktk went on to say she doesn't put on 4 diffeent color for eyeshadow (referring to minute 15). And that she only uses 1 color.

54 min in.
    Ktk super cute when she reply to iori about if there is anything that ktk wanted to talk about. Iori then ask ktk if she would come again if iori invites her again. Ktk said she would gladly come again.

57 min in.
    Iori apologize to ktk. Ktk ask what for. Iori replies for one reason or another. Ktk oh u don't have to. Iori said its fine.
    Then iori ask ktk did u learn anything? Ktk said I did~. Then she went on to say she likes some foundation that iori has and that she also has it and uses it alot. Iori said it is one that definitely would recommend (the viewer) to to try out.

I am better at reading and translating captions and scripts than listening. So I might have missed a lot.

I am not the main translator haha.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  17. vshav

vshav Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    Oh man, that sounds amazing. Too amazing that I stopped reading your summary by the second paragraph as I don't want to get spoiled! haha

As for the essay about her, I will try to make it once I got the time. I can't promise tho.

18. Sno

Sno Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    @veliem Once again, thank you very much for the translation. Its really nice seeing both of them have fun. Actually i was worried when Kotoko said she will be appear in Iori's showroom. I though it would be ankward lol. I hope Kotoko could be more cheerful from now :)

Btw its so sad to see only Kotoko in 2nd gen that haven't got sold out ticket yet :(

19. Fab-Nogi46

Fab-Nogi46 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Akimoto Manatsu
    Kotoko is a very special member.

It seems she's shy and she must make efforts to speak more, like Ayane did.
    it will be better for her in the future if she succeed to do that.

20. Sno

Sno Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    Its nice to see when Kotoko is having fun ^ ^

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg