1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio Produce 48 (2018/06/15 - 2018/08/31)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Lt-weetabix

Lt-weetabix Kenkyuusei

Why are all the comments on the MV in English?

It seems like the MV is more popular in the west and to Foriegners, than in Korea and Japan itself [hehe]

Still though, 48G should take a note from this, lots of K-pop songs reach into the 100s 0f millions (or just below), where as only 2 or 3 48G songs can reach those heights.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Momorin

Momorin Kenkyuusei

For those who don't know who Kaeun is (Korean Center).

if the video does not show watch the video here
    She is wearing the white shirt, black shorts, and black sneakers with blue socks.

if the video does not show watch the video here
    In this video she is the girl with the twin braids in her hair @0:04

• Like Like x 4
  3. kero__kero

kero__kero Upcoming Girls

produce48 and sakura were trending on naver, korea’s most popular portal site. p48 was the top most searched word while sakura was the 5th most searched name today

• Informative Informative x 5
  4. chiuchimu

chiuchimu Member Stage48 Donor

So this is Kpop Vs Jpop judge by Kpop standards after all. I can predict the outcome of all this; Korean girls stack the top ranking with just a few Japanese girls in there as honorary members. I hope I'm wrong so that 48G and Jpop get a good image out of this but how I see the show so far and how people are commenting in these thread and YT reveals that there is going to be a hell of a lot of Kpop bias while pro-Jpop fans are boycotting this whole ordeal, probably they won't vote.

@broz0rs
    Suppose Sakura gets a lot more good publicity by being on PD48 more than participating in SSK. I still don't see that getting her anywhere. I don't think anyone watching PD48 is going to buy 48G songs because they became interested in Sakura. If she sings a Kpop song then maybe but what would be the point? That is why I thought the show should promote both styles then both sides could gain potential new fans. The only thing I can think of is she might get CM offers in Korea but I don't think any offers for movies or TV would happen since that would require good Korean language skills.

• Dislike Dislike x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. kamihime

kamihime Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    also, koreans have their own video portal on naver ^^
    http://tv.naver.com/r/
    this will send you straight to the top 100 where the performance is still trending at number 2

and produce48 is trending on naver as #1 searched word at the update of 6:20AM

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Momorin

Momorin Kenkyuusei

But most people here are talking about 48 Girls. Not Kpop Girls? I mean, you don't have to watch the show if you are so upset about it. I honestly feel like this will be a cool thing to see.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Lt-weetabix

Lt-weetabix Kenkyuusei

Ahhh ok now I get it. I didn't even realise that Koreans were using a different video service

Does that mean the youtube MV is mostly foreign views? If so, its doing quite well!

8. onego123

onego123 Member

Koreans generally use Naver to watch MV's. http://tv.naver.com/v/3193614
    As previously stated NetizenBuzz is not a trustworthy source. I also think it's important to remember that these people are just randoms with WiFi, and an opinion like the rest of us.
    The Pann-Choa twins are on vacation right now, but when they comeback, and start translating again I recommend their site the most. https://pann-choa.blogspot.com/

Last edited: May 11, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Speaking of twins.
    Are the 2 Taiwanese Idontknowho talked about some pages back, in ?

10. kamihime

kamihime Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Yes! Indeed, they do come mostly from foreign views.

This will end up being very useful during the show by the way; we are able to tell quickly who the korean base and the international base prefer from fancam views. For instance, In season 1, some members who were super popular internationally (like Dani or Park Soyeon) had crazy amount of views on their fancams on mnet's youtube (yes, mnet will release individual fancams of each girls during the performances rounds). You'd think they would be part of the final girls FOR SURE. But then, we would check on Naver, and neither of them had that many views.
    So yeah, in the end, that "division" can be interesting in predicting where the votes will go during the competition!

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. ogiyukaa

ogiyukaa Kenkyuusei

Oh my lord I just caught up lol

The song is actually way better than I expected I'm shook and the video was great (Sakura really looks like a goddess I think everyone agrees from both sides lol) I have yet to find Noepii and Renapon in the video so if anyone spots them please let me know haha

There were so many Noepii (NGT48) and Gyuri (Fromis_9) moments for their filming omg they never left each others side haha Gyuri cried when she heard fans cheering for her and Noepii hugged her, they are both so sweet omg I am seeing potential for a major under dog story for Gyuri she's so kind and pretty plus she was the center on the very bottom row in the MV

I really can't believe it lol
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]
    Video: http://tv.naver.com/v/3194451

• Like Like x 11
    • Winner Winner x 3
  12. Lt-weetabix

Lt-weetabix Kenkyuusei

This question has probably already been asked and answered before but I cant find anything on it, so ill ask again.

If Miru, Jurina and Sakura actually do end up making it into the final 6. Does that mean they have to give up their respective positions within 48G in order to participate in the new unit?

Because if so, then it means that the group will probably only be a temporary one, and after a year or so, they will all go back to their original agencies/groups. (just like the previous ones).
    =============
    Also, since Japanese fans can only vote for Japanese (still a rumour i guess). Wouldn't that mean the Sousenkyo results will pretty much just show us who the top 6 in the Japanese side are going to be? (Miru, Sakura, Jurina, Juri, Tomu and Mako?)

Its going to be pretty hard to beat those considering they already get thousands of votes at the sousenkyo (which is paid for too).

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. NoxDWN

NoxDWN Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    NoxDWN
    ^^^
    The contracts will last around 2 years & half and if I remember well they'll be active in both group, however knowing how winning groups are busy I hugely doubt this will be possible.

About the SKK part well in my opinion: Not really. The event takes place way before the ending of Produce 48, which means the way people see the girls may change in between.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Momogu9

Momogu9 Member

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    None of what you said has been confirmed yet: the voting, the final group split evenly with koreans and japanese
    but Mnet's denying has proven nothing since everything they deny is true so who knows

However, I.O.I did release a single with only a few of the members as the others had debuted/promoted with their own groups (Gugudan and DIA). They're free to go back and participate in 48G. It's kind of like a kennin position I guess.

I just wonder how they'll do it because during promotion periods, the schedule can be pretty packed with gigs everyday (especially during the first few weeks full of music shows)

15. Merika

Merika Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takeuchimiyu
    Love how close the Korean & Japanese girls are

Also Nekkoya is a bop

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. chiuchimu

chiuchimu Member Stage48 Donor

Since the Pick Me performance the talk has changed, and I haven't seen the show, only the PV. But, if there is something upsetting then one should see it so they know whats going on just as if something was pleasant. I hope the Japanese girls get a fair break so I'll watch as much as I can.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no anti-Korean. I still have a bunch of old Kpop in my library such as SES, FinKL, Baby Vox, BEG, Kara etc...
    but I am Japanese and a Jpop fan so I want to see balanced treatment and positive presentation for Jpop and the girls.

That's what I'm after.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

This group could do more for Japan/Korea relations than a dozen years of politicians talking. And I'm not even kidding.

It's.......not bad. I really don't like kpop so I feared this would be complete ear-cancer, but I think it can grow on me.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Momorin

Momorin Kenkyuusei

And whose to say there won't be fair treatment. I don't think the Japanese girls we be treated differently or treated like they are worse just for being Japanese.

We just have to wait until the show is out before making any final decisions.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. shoujo tsubaki

shoujo tsubaki Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    floweredheroine
    before last night i didn't think i'd be as excited for this as i actually ended up being. noepii and gyuri are super cute ♡ pics posted of nako were so gorgeous too... i can't wait to support my girls and find new ones to love. the song is good too.

eta did anyone manage to compile a list of all the japanese contestants?

20. Titan3

Titan3 Member

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    I think I know what Yukirin's role in P48 actually is... she's the winking trainer!

Anyway, I liked the performance and Sakura did do well as center, I thought she did better than the Korean center... still, this was a pretty simple choreography, so it's probably not the only milestone to judge all the girls by this early in the process. The song was reasonably catchy too.

Never watched either season of P101, so I'm going into P48 with an open mind.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1