1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Miyajima Aya (Ayanyan/Ayaya) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'NGT48 Graduated Members' started by nobodywil, Sep 8, 2015.

1. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Congraduation. Please take care.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Maria Lamezon

Maria Lamezon Kenkyuusei

Man, i'm so bummed she's graduating :( I was so hyped for her coming back from the hiatus... but i hope this is the best for her, and she can feel better soon. Do we have a graduation date yet?

• Like Like x 2
  3. mutomu

mutomu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Muto Tomu
    I'm very sad to see her announced graduation from the group...I was waiting for her comeback.

4. ogiyukaa

ogiyukaa Kenkyuusei

I'm so sad, I had a feeling that this would happen this since the beginning so I've kind of accepted it but it's still really sad. She's such a sweetheart and I'll miss her. I do wish I knew what happened if she got physically hurt, was struggling mentally, or if something else happened. I assume she didn't give much details about it (if you know anything please share) but I'll support her 100% no matter what the reason, I'm sure she took her time and thought this through during her hiatus. I just hope everything is ok <3 I'm really glad that we get to see her for a few months and that she came back for a little bit before graduating, she's very brave for that.

Last edited: May 23, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    I believe end of July she'll leave so that time period give or take. And me too tbh. I really grew to like her in 2017 and when she was on hiatus I was pretty sad cause I liked her lol. I mean I know she was sick so I was all like, "Treat yo self and get better", but now she's graduating lol. I think she could have become really popular in NGT too if she was able to stay.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Maria Lamezon

Maria Lamezon Kenkyuusei

Yup :( I even thought she'd hit senbatsu on ssk someday! But i hope she is successeful anyway she chooses to go now <3

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. KNS48

KNS48 Kenkyuusei

Noooooooo :( This is just too sad :(

8. onieyez

onieyez Kenkyuusei

I was so happy that she finally made it to the main group
    she was fun on showroom, shy and cute
    and when she started cosplaying nothing could stop her from showing her love for cosplay

one of my favorite NGT KKS, she had a lot going for her in the rankings

sad that she took a break and came back to announce graduation

that other 2nd gen girl that looks a lot like her didn't make it either
    so no more second coming of chiyuu lookalike

a lot happened this week, but Aya announcing grad is too much of a loss for me

9. Arinko

Arinko Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    Did you notice all three KKS that announced graduation are Niigatans.

10. patapataful

patapataful Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    patapataful
    Did she said why? Because of health issues?

11. Arcadia

Arcadia Kenkyuusei

If Nakai Rika and other girls are giving her hard time, then why not just ask for a transfer?

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    ...Pardon? Please let's keep these stupid headcanon stories to yourself next time, these threads already suffer from low quality posting already as it is and the slow speed and interest don't help either.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Maria Lamezon

Maria Lamezon Kenkyuusei

Yup, there was no mention of anygirl whatsoever. The only thing we heard outside of the official reasons, is that thing hinatan said about staff. Depression/emotional problems are not always from outside influences, if she's not happy as a idol, we should just support her and hope she gets better.

14. ichigowota

ichigowota Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Mazda Ayaka
    I’m so bummed, I only just found out about Ayanyan’s graduation announcement tonight :( What happened? I was really starting to like her after being interested in her for ages... I’m so sad she’s leaving but I wish her all the best. Such a kind and cute girl, I hope good things come her way <3

15. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
  16. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Decided to give a proper, complete translation to the interview with Ayanyan on Niigata Nippo, which can be read at this address:
    http://www.niigata-nippo.co.jp/select/entame/084570.html
    Both because Ayanyan-related literature is always too little for my liking, and because I found this to be an interesting piece in itself. The content inside looks back on her idol career, provides some clarification about her graduation (especially if you hadn't been up to date about the details) and speaks a bit about her future prospects. Also, the original article also contains some past clips and other notes in the middle in the form of "throwbacks" too, so I suggest visting the site to check them.
    For those who are in a hurry, I am going to skip straight to the nitty-gritty and say that, sadly enough, Ayanyan is abandoning the show business altogether for a more civilian job in cosmetic field. Actually, this and other things were already discussed on her Showroom in the past, like here and here, but you know how volatile this medium is already...

---

NGT48 Miyajima Aya "This will be a positive, optimistic graduation"
    2018/07/23

[​IMG]

For Miyajima Aya-san (20, from Nakaoka city), who had been active as one of NGT48's 1st generation members for three years, the date of her graduation from the group has been set to take place on August 5th. Beginning from her two-month hiatus because of poor health condition, to the promotion of all Kenkyuusei members to full-fledged members being confirmed on the concert stage while in her absence, all the way until the graduation announcement right on the day of her return -- there's no denying that, over these last months, day after day it felt like an emotional rollercoaster for all her fans due to the steep jumps between the highs of joy and the lows of sadness. "I wanted to tell to my fans the reasons for my graduation with my own voice. This is intended to be a positive and optimistic graduation. I have no regrets left.", she told in a firm statement that she is bringing her life as an idol to a conclusion. Deep-seated in the back of "Ayanyan"'s tender eyes, which befit her nickname, one can catch a glimpse of the strenght of her willpower. (Interview conducted on July 17)

Ever since joining the group, I have set my 20th birthday as a turning point

Q: You graduation is getting close. What are you feelings at present?

Well, there are also a feeling of desolation, sure, but as soon as I had finished announcing my graduation I sensed as if I got something that was tormenting me off my chest. There are things I wish to do in the next future, so there are no negative feelings about that.

Q: Once again, can you state for us the reason you have chosen to graduate?

At the beginning, with my health condition being far from excellent, I was allowed a break period for recovery. It is then that, while at home, I and my family sat together and considered all sorts of possibilities, discussing with them at length about whether there was anything that I wished to do apart from being an idol. Personally, I have an interest in beauty care and had always been wanting to work in a job related to make-up, so when there came the moment to reflect about my future, I figured that right now would have probably been a good timing, hence my choice to graduate.

[​IMG]

Q: What do you mean by timing?

Ever since joining the group, I have set my 20th birthday as my goal line. This was because I considered that the 20th birthday would be good enough for a turning point in life. Even inside of me, I thought that there was nothing else left for me to do, when I reached this decision.

I couldn't allow myself to leave while still on hiatus

Q: Let's talk about the graduation announcement on the same day of your return, after the long period of recovery. I presume there surely was also the option for you to graduate while still on a rest, and yet the fact that you went through the effort to appear at the theater performance and announce it directly to the fans looked like a way for you to draw a clear line of separation in your life, is this correct?

While I was still on a rest, I was battling with anxieties, about what would happen if I left while still in this state, about whether I could continue being an idol as normal after returning. In the end, I thought about how I couldn't allow myself to leave while still on hiatus, and went on to tell to my fans about the reason for my graduation through my own voice, hence this.

At the time of my return, my health was still not in adequate shape yet, with the result that I made my graduation announcement while giving what seemed like a negative feel, but right now I want to think about my graduation in a positive and constructive light.

*(Graduation announcement from the May 22 theater stage) "I, Miyajima Aya, will graduate from NGT48. It pains my heart since I have just returned back, but during the time when my health deteriorated and I was granted a period of rest, I continued with my medical treatment. Even then, I had still great difficulty making any body movements, even more so than I could imagine, and my health didn't improve as much as I hoped. As I took a break to recover, I struggled with many worries, I had plenty of discussions with my parents. I don't want to cause any more problems to the other members because of my body condition than I already had, and upon reflecting about my own future, I concluded that, being myself 20 years old, the best solution for me in order to move forward would be to graduate from the group."

[​IMG]

Q: What was your situation like in the first days, as you were taking a rest to recuperate?

My health was worsening and when I checked in at the hospital, I began to feel a sense of guilt about taking a rest at all. I felt constantly filled with a feeling of mortification for causing apprehension to my fans, and, in addition, for also bringing inconvenience to the other fellow members due to leaving a spot vacant. I was considering if it was alright for me to keep being an idol while in this state.

Even so, it was not only negative things that happened, I and my parents discussed about first finding something else that I would be firmly motivated to do next and then graduating, and so I decided on where to proceed afterwards.

[​IMG]

At the handshake events, a physical closeness like with a friend or a lover

Q: At the Tandoku Concert held last April at the Toki Messe, it was also announced that all the 1st generation Kenkyuusei members would be promoted to regular members. Where did you receive this news?

I actually saw the announcement on the official site. Since I wasn't present at the venue, I imagine that I did not feel anywhere as happy as everyone else was over there, but as soon as I returned, that's when the fact that I had just been promoted started feeling real to me.

Q: Considering how you had just made it all the way to becoming a regular member, didn't you ever think of abandoning your plans to graduate? Don't you regret anything?

No, I have never thought of this. I have no regrets.

But if there's one thing, it's that it makes me feel a bit lonely to think I can't meet with my fans anymore, since I love handshake events after all.

Q: I too have attended the handshake events several times in the past, and I see there was a favorable consensus about your way to greet the fans. It's so intimately close, that it even makes you blush...

Really?! I though about how I wished fans to come and meet me as if they would do with a friend or a girlfriend, hence why I had made it a point to keep such a close distance while having handshake sessions and interacting with fans.

I may be clumsy, but I also got stronger

Q: Looking back on your NGT activity during these three years, can you tell us about your memories of it?

Of course, ranking in at last year's Senbatsu Sousenkyo is one of them. To have the chance to rank in at all while still in the position of Kenkyuusei meant a lot to me. Thanks to it, I could also go on to be selected for the second single (Sekai wa doko made Aozora na no ka?), as well as getting to stand in the center position at the Kenkyuusei theater stage. Having the possibility to dance in a position on the front line made me feel so happy, and what was the most significant thing to me was that I could work my way up step by step.

Q: In the group you are designated as the hetare (clumsy) character, but ever since ranking in at the Sousenkyo, I sense you have gained a great amount of self-confidence along with that.

Well, for being hetare, I am hetare, but I think I have also gotten a bit stronger perhaps.

* As her catchphrase says, "Don't call me clumsy, I want to be your solace. I am Miyajima Aya, 20 years old. Please call me Ayanyan"

[​IMG]

Q: So, you have said that after you have graduated, you'd like to work in a job related to make-up and beauty care.

I am well aware this is not such an easy thing to accomplish, but I am also serious when I think that I want to give my best efforts to proceed along this path.

Ever since a young age, I used to hold a great admiration for Morning Musume, during my kindergarten years I was already saying I wanted to become an idol one day. However, since around the time I was an elementary school student, little by little I began to open my eyes and see what the reality was actually like, and so I ended up thinking I didn't have what it takes to be an idol. It is then wanting to work in the beauty care business became a constant thought in my mind, instead.

I could open up my heart to my fans

Q: With this decision, you are now an idol who has resigned from her former job, for the time being. Anyway, I know that you were made to start as a Kenkyuusei all of a sudden, and you couldn't be granted a promotion for a long time since. I believe you went through many painful things, for sure, but is there something that you'd wish to keep on doing nonetheless?

Being together with my fans was the most significant thing for me. I am shy of people I meet for the first time, but when I was with my fans, I was able to open up my heart to them like normal. To put it in another words, I felt motivated to work harder because my fans were there with me, which was of great importance to me.

Since becoming a Kenkyuusei member, there have been so many things that felt truly harsh, on several times I have been contemplating on giving up everything, as I thought "It's all useless at this point, isn't it". I believe this was right at the beginnings, but one day I received a handwitten poster from fans, and on it there were many messages of encouragement written by all of them. The moment I saw it, I was like "Aaah, how stupid I am. I cannot quit it just now". I felt I needed to keep carrying on with all my strength, also because of those people who were loving me this much.

[​IMG]

Being told I have a "girlfriend-like aura" makes me happy

Q: Miyajima-san is often described as "sexy" and as the "gravure representative", by fans and people close to her alike. However, have you ever felt conflicted about the dissonance between this image of Miyajima Aya and the image of Miyajima Aya that you regard yourself as?

Actually, I don't think I am nearly as sexy as everyone says, but then again I didn't personally became aware of having such a soothing personality until I joined NGT either, myself. So this is how people see me from the outside! -- this is what I realized right at the beginnings. I would have had no chance of knowing how I look like to others if I had chosen to live just an ordinary life, so if fans would discover any appealing aspect of me that even I had never noticed, I'd personally work on making the best possible use of it then -- this is how I started to think. And from then, I began to refine myself.

Q: So that means that you also refined your sexiness!

Even if it's sexy, it wouldn't be the vulgar kind of sexiness, but a sexiness combined with a hint of cuteness. What made me the happiest was in fact that I had people telling me "Ayanyan has such a girlfriend-like aura". Is this because I feel like a familiar acquaintance to them? -- I wondered, and this made me rejoyce.

With my fellow same-generation members, our relationship will remain the same even from now on

Q: Let's move on to the bonds and the friendship between the fellow Kenkyuusei members.

Our period working as Kenkyuusei has been quite long, and because of this two of us have already graduated in the meantime, but the fact that the remaining 10 of us have all been going through our activities together makes us Kenkyuusei a bit different from the rest, in my opinion, even within NGT itself as a whole.

Q: Even now that they have retired, Mizusawa Ayaka-san and Otaki Yuria-san continue to show up in front of fans up to this day, such as by going to watch the group's concerts or by appearing on private photos together with the members. I wonder if Miyajima-san will do the same as well.

Even the members are busy with their own jobs, and since my intention is to proceed on a completely different path from the the one so far, it means that even on my part I must move on and leave my old feelings behind. As a result, we'll probably have fewer chances, if any, to meet again. But since they are, after all, the same-generation colleagues I have been working hard together for 3 long years, I want to keep maintaining the same relationship we always had.

Q: Finally, with the Draft members and the second generation also joining in, a brand new NGT is also in the making. What kind of group do you hope it to become, once you have graduated?

I imagine this is going to be different from the NGT back when there were only us 1st generation members. Even I find it hard to imagine. Nevertheless, the 1st generation has many girls with distinct personalities, with everyone being a different character in their own right -- and in the same way, I would love for the 2nd generation to also find their own characters and unique traits, and to bring a gradual change to the group while never forgetting to preserve the positive atmosphere there is today.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
    • Like Like x 7
  17. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Thanks, Aya is so supremely self-aware. Honestly when NGT was originally presented I thought "Oh an airhead" and sort of wrote her off but she absolutely isn't.

What caught my attention was when I started watching her showrooms, they were so gentle and soothing to watch which was a contrast to the genki-a-thon of so many others.

I'll miss her in NGT and yes selfishly I'll miss her grav which she deserved to get more of since she's so pretty.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
  19. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    At the end of this week's AKB48 SHOW, Ayanyan performed 'Watcha Gonna Do' with the other 5 NGT48 members from the song and the camera held on her face at the very end with a goodbye message from her on the screen: http://48videodouga.net/video/8244

• Like Like x 2
  20. Arinko

Arinko Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    August 6 (Monday) Team NIII "Proud hill" Performance Miyajima Aya graduation
    2018-08-06_21-48-01.jpg
    M04. Hidari no Ude de Tsuresatte (Kato Minami, Sugahara Riko, Takahashi Mau, Miyajima Aya)
    M05. Zankokuna Ame (Ogino Yuka and Nishigata Marina)
    M06. Las Vegas de Kekkon Shiyou (Miyajima Aya, Yamada Noe, Murakumo Fuka)

2018-08-06_20-15-21.jpg 2018-08-06_20-15-26.jpg 2018-08-06_20-15-32.jpg
    The bears are each in one of Aya's cosplay costumes

M07. Gesuna Yume (Sato Anju and Nishimura Nanako)
    M08. Hanashiaite wa Reizouko (Kato Minami, Oguma Tsugumi, Seiji Reina)
    M09. Inori wa Donna Mirai mo Shiawase ni Kaeru (Nara Miharu, Takakura Moeka, Tano Ayaka, Sato Kairi)

MC: Moeka and Aya re-enacting of handshake events between fan and Aya.
    2018-08-06_20-33-37.jpg

M10. Kimi wa News
    2018-08-06_20-48-32.jpg
    Aya and 'bob head' Noe

EN.01 Zipper
    EN.02 Warukii
    EN.03 Sekai wa Doko Made Aozora na no ka?

The whole gang turned up. [correction: except Rika]
    2018-08-06_21-14-16.jpg

Ogiyuka read the letter from Sogabe Yume
    Nanako read her own letter
    2018-08-06_21-21-46.jpg

Go to https://twitter.com/nyan_rion93/status/1026429073092960258 for Aya's speech.

EN.04 Max Toki 315 Go (Aya center)
    2018-08-06_21-44-53.jpg
    The End
    2018-08-06_21-47-33.jpg

Post performance
    https://twitter.com/official_NGT48/status/1026447437286670338

Fan created flyer for today's performance.
    https://twitter.com/naozirou110/status/1026441349548003328

https://lineblog.me/ngt48/archives/67147875.html
    Theatre Manager's Line blog entry

VTR from Ogiyuka's Twitter
    https://twitter.com/yuka_ippaiwarae/status/1026475838571601920

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 2