1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

The ordering, shipping and arrivals thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jul 23, 2007.

1. infinitehippos

infinitehippos Member

The SSK singles I normally go with Amazon JP as that means DHL so it comes to the UK in two days, (normal CDs I get one at a time with SAL from CDJapan so it's under the Customs threshold).

The shipping cost maybe higher than CDJapan (for some methods) but as you tend to pre-pay the Customs with Amazon then you don't get the extra Admin fee charge you do with RM or Parcel Force so ordering multiple CDs together can work out cheaper.

2. Ezia

Ezia Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Muto Tomu
    Yeah, if I'm buying multiple copies, I tend to get one version from CDJapan so I can get the exclusive photo and then the other versions from Amazon (including one with the Amazon exclusive photo) so they can all come as one without any fuss. If I didn't care about the extra photo I'd just get them all from Amazon. Really there's not a huge amount of point to getting the extra photo anyway, I could probably just buy it from someone else later if it meant that much to me, but I enjoy it this way and it works for me. If I were really dedicated though, I would get one copy from HMV and Tower Records and so on and collect them all!

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
  3. Tsumu

Tsumu Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

AKB48 52nd single [Teacher Teacher]

Regular Edition types B, C and D. Backside pic. Yuiyui reasons.
    AKB48TeacherTeacherCDs.jpg

AKB48TeacherTeacherMion.jpg AKB48TeacherTeacherSaho.jpg AKB48TeacherTeacherYamadaKyoka.jpg AKB48TeacherTeacherCDJapanBonus.jpg

Mukaichi Mion
    Iwatate Saho
    Yamada Kyoka
    CDJapan bonus

4. infinitehippos

infinitehippos Member

A few things ...

july.jpg

Hiragana Keyakizaka46 1st Album - Hashiridasu Shunkan - Type-A
    Nogizaka46 - Nogisatsu Vol. 1
    Sugai Yuka (Keyakizaka46) First Photobook - Fiancee
    Kashiwagi Yuki - Idol Tanjo! Konna Watashi ga AKB48 ni!?
    Various Magazines

5. infinitehippos

infinitehippos Member

And a few things since the last post ....

summer-cds.jpg

Keyakizaka46 7th - Ambivalent - types A-D
    Nogizaka46 21st - Jikochuu de Ikou! - types A-D
    SKE48 23rd - Ikinari Punch Line - types A-D

Have to say I'm really liking the Nogizaka releases this year.

magazinebd.jpg

Nogizaka46 - National Tour in The Summer of 2017 FINAL! IN TOKYO DOME BD [Limited Edition]
    Takahashi Juri 1st Photobook - Aimai na jibun
    KEYAKI: 2018 Summer Tour Memorial Book
    Nogizaka46 "National Tour in the Summer of 2018" Official Book (anan magazine special issue)
    Various other magazines

6. infinitehippos

infinitehippos Member

So got back from Japan the other day and picked up a few things whilst I was there ... didn't get to seen anything '46 or '48 group related (although did go and see Kamen Joshi a few times).

Things purchased out there was as follows:

dvd1.jpg
    dvd2.jpg
    books.jpg

Some of these were purchased second hand (via Book Off etc) and others were purchased new, (a month of Prime on Amazon JP and shipping to the hotel worked well for the normal discounts they give on things).

I was slightly shocked at how poor the SKE48 shop was this time ... normally I pop in and pick up a few bits of merchandise if I'm in the area but this time I just picked up one photo set (of Kuma-chan) as there was just nothing there.

I have had a few other things not pictured; Suda Akari's Photobook, the latest AKB48 and NMB48 CD releases and a few other magazines/Team 8 member Photobooks (although I'm unlikely to get access to any of that other than Dasu's book prior to Christmas due to having to redirect shipping whilst I was out of the country).

• Like Like x 5
  7. PRB Posh

PRB Posh Kenkyuusei

2019's AKB48 Group Official Calendar arrived from Amazon JP.

Along with the A2 sized hanging wall calendar, the package also includes a poster, diary and three photos.

IMG_6225 - Copy.JPG IMG_6229 - Copy.JPG Contents - Copy.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  8. shining445

shining445 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    jonishikei
    First time posting in this thread :)

I've not been able to purchase much, as I've been jobless since August. But I've managed to get these from eBay the past few months:

UZA Theater version and Jurina photo

[​IMG]

Keicchi card set (including one with t-shirt portion)

[​IMG]

NMB Kamieda Emika and Yagura Fuuko photos / 53rd Sousenkyo single posters AKB Team 8 Ota Nao and HKT Motomura Aoi

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  9. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I know I'm old school .... but today this arrived :)
    IMG_1996.png

(and I expected it to arrive next year :D )

• Like Like x 4
  10. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Of there's a thread for it. Here're I got from January 2017 to December 2018. I have package still in cargo, expected to arrive in mid or late January.
    IMG_20181230_114047_026.jpg

11. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Given that recent gravure mags are pretty boring I've had a bit of spare change to pick up some classic issues from the past which I missed first time out. courtesy of tenso

fjklsdfjklkl.jpg

12. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    after christmas but still nice. came with jabaja blu ray set. waiting to watch legend of akb. also got the sousenkyou discs.
    [​IMG]

13. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Stan Hitomi heheheh!
    IMG_20190207_165037_306.jpg

3 months finally arrived. I dunno where the package was stuck, in ship or in the stockhouse.

14. Ezia

Ezia Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Muto Tomu
    Flying get day so we went to Tower Records and I picked up the Jiwaru Days Regular Edition Type A.
    [​IMG]

I didn't win any extra prizes in the lottery but picked up the Tower Records bonus photo (left).

[​IMG]

I might pick up more of the CDs for entry to tomorrow's mini live or Thursday's handshake event but I'm struggling with pregnancy hypoglycaemia at the moment so I have to make a sensible decision about going. I'll be sad if I have to miss both but it'd be worse for me to full-on pass out in front of AKB [hehe]

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
  15. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    This post is not about ordering, shipping, or arrivals, but about shopping, and it is more an experiences post than anything else.

I live in the Valley (the real Valley, the Valley Girls valley), but had to take my granddaughter to a theater rehearsal in Torrance, still in LA County, but over 40 miles away. Since we took the 405 during the afternoon rush hour, it took us one hour and 45 minutes to get there. My plan: while she was in rehearsal, I would go to Book-Off in Torrance and search for goods, given that there are no Book-Offs close to me. I had a very good experience with Book-Off in Kawasaki three years ago, and I am pretty sure that @David61 has posted about similar good experiences at Book-Off in Japan. My only worry: @Cristafari had warned me that there might not be that much of a selection. That turned out to be a real understatement.

Since we got to Torrance 1 1/2 hour before her rehearsal started, the two of us went to Lucille's Smokehouse in the Del Almo Fashion Center, the same mall with the Book-Off I wanted to go to. We chose a barbeque platter for $50, which had more than enough for the two of us.

Screen Shot 2019-03-28 at 7.44.47 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-28 at 7.45.20 AM.png

After I took my granddaughter to the rehearsal site, I came back to the Del Almo Fashion Center to go to Book-Off.

Screen Shot 2019-03-28 at 7.45.41 AM.png

However, all they had were English books, movies, and CDs. The clerk told me that all their Japanese goods were in their main store in Gardena, about 15 minutes away. That store, in a small Japanese-centric mall, looked like the real thing.

Screen Shot 2019-03-28 at 7.46.09 AM.png

Once inside, it wasn't that hard to find the AKB48 section, but there were only two items there: Thumbnail (type A) new for $35 and Bokutachi wa, Ano Hi no Yoake wo Shitteiru (type A) used for $15. Since I already had both theater editions (and because I am notoriously reluctant to spend money), I chose to get Bokutachi wa, Ano Hi no Yoake wo Shitteiru. While there, I tried to find some other items. First, I went looking for Silent Siren and was having trouble with how the CDs were arranged. I didn't have trouble with the Japanese alphabetical order, but things still seemed all jumbled together, so I asked for some help, but the clerk couldn't find any Silent Siren.

I then looked for Sayanee and had no trouble finding the 山本 section, but no luck. They had a lot of albums by Linda Yamamoto, but nothing by Sayanee. Next I tried Yukirin, but no luck again. I did see some Morning Musume, but they were all really old, like their 4th album from 2002. They had some Perfume, but they were expensive. From now on, I think I will stick with ordering from Yesasia or Amazon.co.jp.

So here was my only purchase:

Screen Shot 2019-03-28 at 7.46.48 AM.png

When I went to the counter to buy it, the clerk who had helped me look for Silent Siren was there. I commented that all I was getting was this one AKB48 album, and he said he had just started to get into AKB during the Christmas period. I told him about Stage 48, so we might get a new member.

• Like Like x 3
  16. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    @sscrla I visited LA 4 years ago when I was still only a few months into AKB48 fandom. I went to Little Tokyo and found the Kinokuniya bookstore where they had some Japanese gravy mags and 48G PBs. Unfortunately I was running late with my plans that day and I didn't have time to explore much further but I've since discovered that there's a record store there called Bunkado? However I never knew that there were branches of Book Off! I wish they'd come to the UK, I love browsing around them in Japan.

17. Ezia

Ezia Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Muto Tomu
    Another shopping post; I hope that's ok.

Well, call me a Book Off convert. I believe it was a mention of Book Off in this thread by @David61 that introduced me to its existence and I certainly ended up with a decent haul - I am in your debt! My husband was looking for some specific books so we ended up visiting a total of nine different Book Off stores in and around Kyoto and Tokyo - I was happy to oblige. It wasn't necessarily our intention to visit so many, there just seemed to be one in every area we visited! As I think David and @sscrla have made clear with their posts, the selection very much varies from store to store, but you'd be likely to come away very happy if your collection is still small. If you're looking to plug some specific gaps in your collection, I would recommend going for the VISIT AS MANY LOCATIONS AS POSSIBLE approach as it certainly served me well! I picked up some things I've been after for a while at a fraction of the recommended retail price and also picked up some interesting things I didn't know I had wanted. I also left a lot of interesting things on the shelf as we were sharing a suitcase, and I didn't want to overspend either.

Seriously though, look at this display of reduced-price but well-preserved used 48G goods. Is it not heaven? [hehe]
    (click on the thumbnails to be taken to the full images)
    [​IMG]

Onto the haul!

[​IMG]
    CDs: Mayu's Best Regards album Type B (which I had been hoping to find), AKB48's Set List: Greatest Songs 2006-2007 Limited Edition CD+DVD which I got for the equivalent of about £3, HKT48's 092 album Type D, a theater edition of AKB48's 0 to 1 no aida greatest hits album for my car (also around £3), Tomomi's STAR-T album (also on my list of things to look out for)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The nostalgia-inducing foldout poster that came with the Set List 2006-2007 CD.

[​IMG]
    The Hawai wa Hawai photobook making DVD, AKB48 Ball Games DVD boxset, Ano Koro Ga Ippai music video collection boxset (all the MVs for singles and C/Ws from mid-2013 to mid-2017 and the only AKB48 MV set I was missing from my collection - I didn't have the money to buy it new and it now seems to be out of print. I got this for about a third of the new price and it was in pristine collection. Very happy), 0 to 1 no aida Complete Singles edition, Yamamoto Sayaka's Rainbow Tour DVD
    [​IMG]
    Also a Suuchan photo as it was cheap and cute.

[​IMG]
    SKE's MV Collection Part 2 on Blu-Ray, HKT's Zenkoku Tour Final DVD boxset, a couple of Keya CD+DVD singles (again, around £3 apiece), and a Murashige photo.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I was happy to see that the kind former owner of the HKT boxset included the photos it came with when selling it. And yes, this is the set famed for Sasshi's appearance onstage in a bikini...

There were also a lot of 48G photobooks starting at 100 yen (less than £1) and I would have loved to have added to my PB collection but we lacked space both in the suitcase and in our house.

[​IMG]
    And finally, the previously mentioned copy of Jiwaru Days I bought from Tower Records on release day, along with STU's 2nd single.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    I am going to cheat as this is not AKB48 merchandise, but Hallyu merchandise, specifically, BLACKPINK. Yes, I caught the bug, in particular I love "Don't Know What To Do."

I pre-ordered the day before Flying Get (as far as I could tell - the web was somewhat ambiguous - there was a release day and an available day), April 23 (all dates and times are Los Angeles, CA) from a Korean seller on Amazon (US). I got a shipping notice the same day. I didn't pay for expedited delivery, so I was ready to wait (expected delivery May 9 - May 24). My reasoning: the music isn't going to be any different if it arrives a week or two later, plus I am known to be thrifty.

Amazon is good because they show all the tracking information on one page.
    4/24 Received by carrier: Korea Republic of
    4/25 Package left carrier facility: Seoul International Post Office
    4/26 Package has left carrier facility: International Service Center, Los Angeles (Usps)
    [It seems the post office doesn't work on the weekends :)]
    4/29 Package arrived at carrier facility: Los Angeles International Distribution Center
    5/1 (starting at 12:59 am and ending at 1:39 pm) Seven stops to my house.

That covers the ordering and the shipping, and here is the arrival.

Screen Shot 2019-05-01 at 2.38.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-01 at 2.41.30 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-01 at 2.41.39 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-01 at 2.41.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-01 at 2.40.26 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-01 at 2.40.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-01 at 2.39.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-01 at 2.42.09 PM.png

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. JoltFiend

JoltFiend Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    joltfiend
    I went to Music Plaza earlier today and got this Iz*one sticker sheet with my purchase.

[​IMG]

20. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    not really a 'shipping and arrival' .... but I bumped into this magazine in a family mart in Kyoto .... :)

IMG_2453.jpg