1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 4, 2015.

1. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Been wanting to create a thread for this for a while now. I've seen from some people that they are wrestling fans (I'm a huge one). So I was wondering if there were any other wrestling fans here?

This is a thread to talk Pro Wrestling. Whether it's from USA, Japan, Mexico, Canada, UK. Pretty much anywhere where Pro Wrestling is.

Me, I've been a wrestling fan all of my life. Favorite Wrestler of all Time would have to be is Bret Hart. Favorite wrestlers currently are Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Shinsuke Nakamura, AJ Styles, and Hiroshi Tanahashi.

Also know there are AKB48G Members (Current and Former) who are wrestling fans as well.

2. unkowwn

unkowwn Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

:omfg: Another fan here!

Excuse a really far bump in topic. But I feel with this refreshed topic users can have more of an opinion since Tofu Pro Wrestling aired.

Got into WWE. That’s a household brand. Though I’m strongly for the NXT brand of it. Really good quality events.

Sides that Impact Weestling and New Japan.

Right now I’m really into Austin Aries in the indie circuit. On WWE it’s gotta be Finn Balor, Miz, and Styles. For women’s Charlotte Flair and Sasha Banks.

Did anyone see Chris Jericho bs. Kenny Omega?!!! :drool:

3. FMecha

FMecha Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    アレックス・ボウマン(?)
    Twitter:
    FMecha_EXE
    Money in the Bank will be during the SSK weekend. That's a reminder.

4. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Hell, NXT TakeOver: Chicago II is on the the day of the SSK.

5. unkowwn

unkowwn Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

@ForrestFuller
    @FMecha

NXT Takeover
    Ricochet x Velveteen prolly MOTN (Maybe MOTY)
    Shayna x Nikki Cross (Is Sanity waiting for Nikki? Not really how sure if this match will be good. I think Nikki's persona with Shayna is an entertaining match. A much deserved title and NXT Takeover showcase for Nikki. IT actually looks like Shayna is a face haha. I really hope we get trolled in the end by Nikki winning and her throwing the title on the ring like it's her jacket.)
    Adam Cole x ???? (Would be nice if Pete Dunne goes against AC but I think creative just has no idea for UK championship anyway)
    Undisputed x Oney Danny (Cute Match, either side winning makes me happy)

MITB
    Sorry folks but I have to say this PPV match card freaking sucks.

BIG CASS and DANIEL BRYAN?! Remember the Corbin and Dolph era ? Rolls Eyes*
    JINDER and ROMAN?! WHO CARES
    BLOODGEN FINALLY DEFENDING THEIR TITLES IS OKAY WITH ME. My heart was hoping Asuncion was going to get a chance.

I think Womens MITB is the only match i'm curious about. Very solid talent but with the latest Mixed Match i'm growing concerned about another James Ellsworth moment.

6. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
  7. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

G1 Climax 28 Details Announced
    Participants

if the video does not show watch the video here

Blocks

Match Cards

So who you got winning it this year? My Pick

A Block: Okada
    B Block: Ibushi

Winner: Kota Ibushi

Thus giving Kenny Omega vs. Kota Ibushi for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship at Wrestle Kingdom 13.

8. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

Or... Kenny vs Ibushi at King of Pro Wrestling. Only if Ibushi beats Kenny on 8/11 Block B. :cool:

Kenny vs Naito at WK13.
    With...
    Okada vs Jericho lol

9. half23

half23 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Shinozaki Ayana
    okada is winning it, naito is winning the IWGP heavyweight championship before WK, naito - okada main event WK, omega - ibushi semifinal WK

just read the news, RIP big van vader, will always remember how he got his eye accidentally popped out in the middle of a match and he put it back with his own hand

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
  10. JoshGallie

JoshGallie Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Oh this is something I like.
    Omega losing the IWGP title so soon after winning it is so not gonna happen. I think they are going Omega vs Ibushi at WK for the title, because that is a match we haven't seen before.
    Edit: just realized Omega vs Ibushi is going to happen in the G1 so just don't care about what I said.

11. half23

half23 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Shinozaki Ayana
    unless they want to do another omega - okada, kenny might lose the title this year

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. JoshGallie

JoshGallie Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Omega - Naito maybe? That could be an experiment to test their drawing power at WK

13. half23

half23 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Shinozaki Ayana
    what is okada going to do on WK then? i doubt they will left their ace out of the WK main event

and the previous okada - naito on WK which were supposed to be the main event does not get enough support from the fans, so they might want to get a revenge

14. JoshGallie

JoshGallie Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Okada can be put on a single match and/or an Intercontinental title match. Just like what Shinsuke did.
    The thing with Okada is he's a star big enough on his own that anything he do will draw money, and I think after that historic title reign he could afford to step back a little bit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. half23

half23 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Shinozaki Ayana
    hmm true, let us see what are they going to do with okada on the G1, if he is winning it, then the available opponent are just omega and naito

i dont think there are other competitors over enough to main event WK with okada right now, tana is old, makabe is even older, and misu is only "scary opponent" not a title contender

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Kenny Omega is in the news for calling out the Japanese wrestlers in NJPW.

"Kenny Omega’s observations about the New Japan roster’s work ethic caused some controversy"

“But I’m serving this as warning to all the domestic talent in New Japan. You guys have to step up your game. Because right now, you are not at our level. And I don’t mean that as a negative comment. I want everyone to do their best. I’m just saying that we need to do the best that we can, and that what you’re doing right now isn’t enough.”

Omega addressed the backlash he’s received and further explained his comments:

“And as for the comments I said at the press conference - I’ve heard people overreact, ‘Oh Kenny, you’re racist.’

How so exactly? And what’s funny about that is the general feedback from the Japanese community is ‘Kenny, you’re right.’ So it’s so strange that I’m hearing all these English-speaking people, people from foreign countries tell me that I’m being a racist individual when all I’m doing is speaking the truth."

https://www.cagesideseats.com/2018/...-new-japan-roster-work-ethic-racist-criticism

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
  17. half23

half23 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Shinozaki Ayana
    its very clear that he's just doing his heel self, so, his next contender must be naito, even okada turn into a heel against naito

oh and those people are dumb, can't they see that it's all kayfabe, even kenny was forced to admit it

18. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

20 Years Ago today. The Most Famous Hell in a Cell Match ever happen.

19. half23

half23 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Shinozaki Ayana
    Bullet Club IS NOT FINE!!!!

20. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

^ The Video of it

and of course @nobodywil has already changed his pic lol.