Single Keyakizaka46 7th [Ambivalent] (2018/08/15)

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jul 5, 2018.

1. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    I don't think someone can be absent from both 7th single promotion and Summer tour. And yet, they announce 38 clean photos as bonus of the single. Does that mean techi and manaka not here?

we will be soon fixed on who's participating, but it doesn't look good. At least yurina shows up with a pairing with memi. But no manaka.

2. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    And Kanji just had... well, everything.
    For 2.5 years.

They don't need to be in senbatsu and take the place of a more popular Hiragana member.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    I disagree.
    At this point it's clear they are different groups, and I like it. To each one their own stuff, plus some collabs in each single and future albums, perhaps our long awaited Double, and Summer tours always together.
    It's up to Keya managment organize this thing at best.
    ...I think we have 50-50 change of them not screwing up.

As for senbatsu, the time to have new faces on it will come pretty soon; no need to speed it up.

Meanwhile I'd just say goodbye to my money once again :cold:[hehe]

• Like Like x 2
  4. Nealy07

Nealy07 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Like @Dill said, they are different groups, they dont mix members since the debut so there is no reason to start doing this right now, just after a Hiragana solo album.
    Soon we will have new gen member for Kanji AND Hiragana. The senbatsu selection will be between these new gen and actual gen but not between the groups.

Hiragana successfully started to shine in solo and to have their own identity, no need to mix with the Kanji right now.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Endorsi

Endorsi Member

Oshimen:
    Endo Sakura
    We could have a temp thread similar to Reddit's IamA, lol.

Center?
    [​IMG]

6. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I second that emotion. My dream is a Techi-Neru-Memi unit song (or a Memi-Techi romantic duet, lol). But not a mixed senbatsu.

I think those two placeholders in the big matrix may be Techi plus either Aoi or Mona.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  7. MysticInstinct

MysticInstinct Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    I agree with the part that it's gonna be a cheerful song (due to the tie up with LAWSON) and more unit songs.. But why do I get the feeling that (probably) Yuipon or Miyu may center this single.. Oh well I am happy with whoever is going to be the center... ;) This time I wish to see everyone's beautiful smile! :blush:

8. MysticInstinct

MysticInstinct Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Not bad choice though :chuffed: Risa seems to own the outfit! Love it! :cute:

9. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Placeholders?
    From what i saw around seems people give for granted Shida absence (and Techi). I tend to agree about Shida, but you never know, it would be great to have her back

I may the only one but once again I really don't like the oufits, at least for the little I saw so far.

10. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    That's nice that you're happy the group you prefer has all the biggest opportunities and attention but perhaps you can see this from the perspective of someone who supports a sub-group of great girls who aren't even allowed to compete for the best positions in their own group?

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. charm

charm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nagahama Neru
    The only thing i need is a double a side and a neru center.
    That's it.

12. Titan3

Titan3 Member

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    hoping for a double A side... not sure if Hiragana will get their own singles, so double A sides is the best solution available.

Also, if double A side happens, I'm hoping for a wcenter in kanji keyakizaka's song

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
  13. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

It's only a possibility, but those two little triangle logos don't have to be there, and could be placeholders. If Techi were slated to come back with a splash at Republic, this is how they'd do it: no photo yet.

What everyone says is no sure guide, but the apparent fact that it comes out on the day they commemorate the end of WW2 suggests to some people that it could be a peace song with Neru at centre. And Zumiko's saying centre is harder than she ever imagined and giving praise to Techi for doing it could suggest a Zumiko centre (or Techi).

• Like Like x 2
  14. Nealy07

Nealy07 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    I could be agree with you if you had say that some months ago.
    Now the time has changed. If its a double A-side, its equal between the 2 groups. Now Hiragana has 1 album just like Kanji, has 2 TV show just like Kanji...it is not a sub-group like I said before they are too seperate group.

So I don't see what "biggest opportunities" you are talking about, its pretty equal for me now.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Sam_E

Sam_E Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    野口衣織
    Twitter:
    SamuelEdwards
    I really like the idea of this single having the original 21 members, potentially even with Techi as center to coincide with the narrative of her comeback, however I think this might be the last single where that's a viable option. We're already seeing issues with this format with Techi, Manaka, and Aoi all having hiatuses this year and once the next generation joins I'm not sure it will be worth sticking to the Kanji only A-Sides. 21 members is already quite a lot for a single song and we probably don't want more than that for an A-Side especially seen as there's already people who complain about screen time. (I think some of those people complain about Techi getting too much so this might not be a good point)

Doing a double A-Side with Kanji and Hiragana would be cool but I think it would only work as a one-off. I can't see trying to promote two songs equally working well in the long run. Alternating A-Sides between Kanji and Hiragana probably wouldn't work either because the image of the group would end up changing 3 times a year which would be confusing for a casual audience. Neither of these options deal with the fact that the individual groups are getting bigger.

I think the best option would be to have normal mixed senbatsu for A-Sides and to keep Kanji and Hiragana separate for the main coupling songs in the same way that 48G has teams. Kanji and Hiragana both have a unique style and I wouldn't want to lose that because I think it's something that makes Keyakizaka46 stand out from other idol groups. In a perfect world each single would be 4 tracks (A-Side, Kanji song, Hiragana song, coupling song) but Sony probably isn't going to be that kind.

• Like Like x 4
  16. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Re: biggest opportunities.

Do I really have to list something here? Do you honestly believe Hiragana and Kanji have the same exposure?
    They're not even in the same league. Lots of indie acts have tours and albums.

I'd be satisfied with them becoming a separate group. But as long as they do HS and support songs for Kanji's senbatsu without the hope of ever joining it, they're not equal.

• Agree Agree x 5
  17. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I expect a senbatsu to come, but I hate the idea. I'm a Keyaki fan, not an idol groups fan. Position selection shows are disturbing enough. Real senbatsu selection shows where half the group is left out I find almost impossible to bear. Not the Keyaki Way.

But it looks to me as if managememt may have decided that they prefer to see the members suffer rather than giving them the power to make management suffer. I understand that it's reasonable, but I don't like it.

18. Sam_E

Sam_E Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    野口衣織
    Twitter:
    SamuelEdwards
    I get the impression that people who are primarily Keyaki fans don't like the idea of a senbatsu but as it stands half of the group is already getting left out. At least with a normal senbatsu the half that doesn't get chosen at least have a chance to get chosen next time. Hiragana doesn't even have that right now. I agree with @kanjo, even with the massive push that Hiragana has gotten this year they still won't be equal to Kanji until they get onto the A-Sides.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Nealy07

Nealy07 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    I dont want to monopolize the thread and we can't obviously be agree because I totally dont understand what you said about "the same exposure", "tours and album", its a non-sense for me regarding what is happening right now.

Kanji is doing NOTHING since 2nd bday live. 3 months of NOTHING.
    Hiragana is doing EVERYTHING since 2nd bdday live. New shows, new album and new tour...I don't have more to say, we are talking about Hiragana (and enjoy it) everyday since 3 months. They have all the exposure since that time. That's why I dont understand you...

Like I said you were right if you told me this last year, but now they seems more equal than they never was.

We'll see what the future brings ! Alternative single between Kanji and Hiragana or doing double A-side everytime, but regarding all the success they had, I think they would treat them as equal for now.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  20. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    But you could ask any of them, would you rather have a tour, new show and album or would you rather be in an A-side, and they'd sacrifice all that for the A-side. As they should, it's by far the best option. Those other things are only consolation prizes.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1