1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single Keyakizaka46 7th [Ambivalent] (2018/08/15)

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jul 5, 2018.

1. radiohifi

radiohifi Member

I more interested if gana will get a new song on the single or some old song from their album. If it an song from their album and a double a-side track, i would feel cheated.

2. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    excited for a new single, but I'm with some of the people on here, Hiragana has been quite excluded and honestly they were really confusing when they debuted. I mean they already have a 2nd gen Hiragana? If they wanna make them a separate group I think they should just do it already cause they did get their own album and tour. But why just throw them a B-side every single? Mix it up; let the girls in Hiragana have a goal or something. If it is a double-A side with Hira one side and Kanji the other that would be really cool - but only for 1 single lol.

as a side-note and I don't think this is a popular idea at all lol, but maybe it can be like a promotion to enter senbatsu for a Keya-single. Like say, Mirei gets to be in senbatsu, she also gets transferred to Kanji as 2nd gen member. I didn't really think this through, but I was thinking of Neru and how that was handled and how Hiragana seemed like a trainee program almost. I doubt this will ever happen of course lolol.

3. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    If people want independance, that means one single for kanji and one single for hiragana.

But maybe they are not confident enough of kanji current popularity to add hiragana so they can sell HS slots fully, like AKB48 with their sister group?

this topic was brought up by fans too. This independance thing is fallacious.

I'm still rooting for difference in style, but still trying to make them cooperate. Create a storytelling including both kanji and hiragana, you can reach level never thought before

4. chrissirhc

chrissirhc Member

Oshimen:
    yamaguchimaho
    if they start mixing two separate groups in senbatsu (yes kanji and hiragana are two separate groups), It's going to hurt both groups. There's enough confusion for casual fans now. Once those lines get blurred more, It will get worse especially hiragana

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

i hope they will put a Hiragana member in Kanji for Kennin and join Kanji A-side.

new uniforms (from members blog)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
  6. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    Honestly there are so many problems with the Kanji/Gana debate that it might just be best to completely separate the groups.. My take on it is they either

1) Double A-side. One Kanji, One Gana. The B-side tracks can be a mixed group song, and the usual solo's and units. Separate Albums and TV shows = equal.
    Pros; Both groups get the media exposure they both deserve. NO ONE get's left out. Cons; General public will be confused with the different people, different song, same group concept.
    2) Mixed Senbatsu A-side. Two B-side, one full Kanji, one full Gana. Separate Albums and TV shows, Concerts etc.
    Pros; Clearly the unpopular choice but at least some Gana's get to have more exposure that they deserve. Cons; Half of Kanji members will be dropped from senbatsu = conflict.
    3) Different singles. No Kanji's in Gana's, no Gana's in Kanji. Everything is separated as if they were completely different groups.
    Pros; the whole situation will be solved lol. More girls get a chance at front. Cons; Name change?? No point having two completely different groups with the same name. Girls who joined Keyakizaka won't be happy with the idea of leaving the one group they auditioned to join. Imagine joining AKB and being moved to a different sister group because management mess up?

I use the same stance on K46 as I do AKB and their sister groups. Yes I would love to see a "pure" or majority AKB senbatsu for their singles, but if they're going to make all the sister group members participate in the HS events even though they're not even participating in the single, at least let the best players of those groups be in senbatsu. It's no secret that the SG's can be stronger sales wise if they didn't participate in AKB singles, and they would have more time to do actual activities that promote them more. Same goes for Hiragana's. If you're not going to let them be a part of the Keyakizaka singles to the same extent as the Kanji members, don't make them participate in the handshakes. Give them their own singles. If you don't want to do that, put them in senbatsu. If you don't want to do that...... then why bother make Hiragana Keyaki in the first place? Would have been better to just admit you made a mistake from the get go and work from there? It's unfair that half of Hiragana are more popular than at least 8 Kanji members yet they're being put on the bench for 2yrs or almost a year.

TLDR: I would like a Double A side, but would be happy for a Mixed senbatsu as well.. If that happens I could see it going like this;

Hirate Yurina, Nagahama Neru, Sugai Yuka, Imaizumi Yui, Kobayashi Yui, Watanabe Risa, Watanabe Rika, Suzumoto Miyu, Moriya Akane, Koike Minami, Habu Mizuho, Shida Manada
    Saito Kyoko, Kato Shiho, Kageyama Yuuka, Kakizaki Memi, Sasaki Mirei, Higashimura Mei, Takamoto Ayaka, Kanemura Miku, Watanabe Miho, Kawata Hina, Kosaka Nao

^And even then, there are so many girls who will be left out that it would be tragic to do something like this loool.. And we're gonna get MORE girls soon??? :oops:

Ugh, i'm just gonna enjoy whatever they throw at me.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 5
  7. KamonegiX

KamonegiX Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    If any ganas make senbatsu I hope its Miho :cute:

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Nealy07

Nealy07 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    @minaeshi
    I personnaly like and want your 3) solution but I think management would go for the 1) one.

The 2) is the worst for me and I think it's not gonna happen. The mixed senbatsu is absolutly not what management wants to create since the start of Hiragana.
    They insisted since the debut that Hiragana is not an under group for Kanji. Hiragana is the "Happy aura" side of Keyakizaka46 and Kanji is the "Cool aura" side of Keyakizaka46. It's created like this and this is what they told us. Songs and style are different. A mixed senbatsu will ruined everything they have created so far, in terms of each group image, it is too early. And why are you taking new gen members if you're doing a mixed senbatsu between the 2 groups ? you'll just gonna have more people dropped out and put on the side.

Now if you think as a management, image, economical and financial view, you can do something like this :
    You separate the year in 4.
    3 months for Hiragana: Hiragana talk show + Hiragana bingo + 1 Hiragana single + 1 live tour + Kanji talk show (something like we have now since april).
    Then 3 months for Kanji: Kanji talk show + Kanji bingo + 1 Kanji single + 1 live tour + Hiragana talk show.
    Then Hiragana again and Kanji again.
    + bonus a Double A-side single once a year with the two groups together and some live together.

With this circle you can let the girls rest and avoid some kind of health issues like it already happened in the past when you push them too hard and you can give something for the fans everytime during the year.
    You can create a "hype" each time you're waiting for your favorite group to be back (like right now with the return of Kanji).

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    If not Techi this time, I hope for a Neru / Sugai center... they're the most popular keyaki members besides Yurina, so I think they deserve that spot.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. glsone

glsone Member

I'm genuinely surprised to hear anyone thinks this. For a few reasons but primarily because absolutely nothing I've seen/read/heard from the Hiragana girls suggests they would be anything other than devastated about being broken up. They clearly take a lot of pride in the group they built up from less than nothing, as the should, and they genuinely enjoy working together and being around each other. Wanting to be part of a keyakizaka senbatsu is essentially saying they give up and concede they aren't as good as Kanji and need them. And like I said I think they have too much well earned pride for that.

Also I really have to disagree that being in senbatsu is the girls best options for exposure and success unless you're going to try and argue that girls like Fuuchan, Yone, Nijika, and Shichan are getting more exposure than Kyonko, Katoshi, Miipan or Nao. Because they just straight up are not which suggests that being on the A sides is NOT the only or best option for success. Can't even say for certain that they'd be even bigger and better than they are now if they were on A-sides. Would Nao really have stood out as a high visual member if she had to directly compete head to head with Berika and Berisa? Who knows, but I can certainly believe the answer is no just as easily as it is yes. Miipan stands out as a great center and face of the group, which are also two positions that are just locked up in Kanji with Techi and Neru so it seems like her best option is with Hiragana. Maybe Fuuchan would do better in Hiragana being a great performer and leader rather than just second fiddle to Suzumoto and Sugai in both regards.

• Agree Agree x 11
  11. Cristina Salazar

Cristina Salazar Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    cristina_1848
    i agree to this or we can get a kanji x hiragana center~!

12. makimaki93

makimaki93 Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Habu Mizuho
    What's really going to happen here is that the Kanji and Gana songs will be direct call-and-responses to one another. But, if you were to play the two songs at the same time they will come together to form one completely different song, telling a whole different narrative. After-which, Kanji and Gana will fuse together to form Yoshimotozaka46; the whole audition was one big dokkiri. Pe comes out as actually being Sasshi-P in disguise, and SURPRISE, Yurina wins P48 - that's why she's been gone so long.

• Creative Creative x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Sam_E

Sam_E Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    野口衣織
    Twitter:
    SamuelEdwards
    Casual fans wouldn't have to think about the split between the two groups at all with a mixed senbatsu, they'd all just be Keyakizaka46 members. I don't think any of the 48 groups have this issue with their teams.

Keyakizaka46 as a whole have a much cooler style than groups like Nogizaka46. When I think of Kanji's "Cool Aura" specifically I think of the coupling songs like MouMori, Hiraishin and Eccentric rather than their A-Sides. If you compare songs like SekaiAi, Futari Saison, Imanimiteiro and Kitai Shitenai Jibun they're all fairly similar in tone and could probably fit with either groups image. If you treat them as two teams that have their own coupling songs you could keep each group's individual style even with a mixed senbatsu for the A-Sides.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Siniy

Siniy Member

Twitter:
    _LeCielVAN
    7th single finally!!! :omg:

• Like Like x 4
  15. chrissirhc

chrissirhc Member

Oshimen:
    yamaguchimaho
    a lot of casual fans think everyone just belongs to akb48, but the 48groups are past the point of no return.

right now there are two separate distinct keya groups that are both growing. When they start blurring those lines, all that growth is going to slow down considerably if not stop.

i also predict mixing and matching the groups will also lower the quality of the performances and releases.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Sam_E

Sam_E Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    野口衣織
    Twitter:
    SamuelEdwards
    That's quite a big claim you're making there. I'd assume there's a considerable overlap between fans of the two groups and seen as we've already established that the casual audience don't understand the difference I find it hard to see how mixing the two is going to effect the growth of the group as a whole.

I can see where you're coming from on this point but we've got another generation of members just around the corner. Do you think that adding current Hiragana members to the senbatsu would result in worse performances than adding new Kanji members?

17. chrissirhc

chrissirhc Member

Oshimen:
    yamaguchimaho
    so far the 46 groups have kept pretty much separate and all are on an upswing. the 48groups are kept less separate and are not on an upswing. I think a big part of the 46success is that separation as It's much easier to find their audience.

18. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    This is absolutely 100% what I'm saying and I completely stand by it as a fact. The four Hiraganas are more popular by their own virtue, despite having less exposure not because they have more.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. spacelion

spacelion Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Twitter:
    spacelaiyon
    I think Keyaki is the first group from 46&48 with 6 same senbatsu(-Neru in 1st) in a row?
    I feel it created too much sentiment. (to me, at least:^^;:
    )

I wouldn't like a mix senbatsu.. I'd like Kanji A-side, Hiragana B side.
    At least for now.

Hiragana joining senbatsu now would feel... Out of place?
    And if Hiragana gets double A-side with Kanji now, I feel it's too soon.

I do want them(Kanji Gana) in a same TV show tho :fear:

I know it won't stay this way forever (21 Kanji sembatsu A side), it even probably not the case for this 7th single..
    plus they're getting new members from sakamichijointaudition, seriously.. Things going to be more complicated than this :^^;:

20. kazuya

kazuya Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase

This. I don't about the situation in Japan particularly, but I wasn't very into Jpop or idols because I found the 48 groups very confusing, but Keyakizaka46 stood out with their more concise group (the same members for all singles helped). Not only that, I found it much easier to explain what Keyakizaka46 was to others once I became a fan. Most people outside of idol fans don't want to hear too much drama about some convoluted mess of a senbatsu. Even with the addition of Hiragana Keyaki, imo the separation is still somewhat distinct (for example: Hiragana not participating in a Kanji senbatsu).

I think that keeping the groups semi-distinctly separate would be a good idea. Yes, Hiragana can't "stand in the shadow" of Kanji forever, but I don't think mixing the senbatsu will help either.
    It's gna get a lot more hectic when new members from recruitment show up. Oh boy.