1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single STU48 2nd [Kaze wo Matsu] (2019/02/13)

Discussion in 'STU48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Is not a shitty excuse. Setouchi region is right not in very bad condition. The worst natural disaster in Japan since 2011 earthquake. Sure, they can simply record it, shoot the MV somewhere and release it like nothing has happened in the region, but remember that although the members and staff family are safe, but their daily lives are affected by it. This is probably not an easy decision to make. They have postponed their 1st single and now they postpone their 2nd single. I don't think they wanted that to happen if it can be avoided.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Vol

Vol Kenkyuusei

Any chance they simply want to play along
    so if they start promo actions now with 2nd single right ahead
    It will be perceived as 2nd single promotion
    but as single canceled
    It will be more like charity.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Arinko

Arinko Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    Kinda understand the reason but so many delays for each of their singles releases, feel so sorry for the girls.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Vol

Vol Kenkyuusei

Yeah some mid and low tier girls put a lot of effort into promotion of that "kanshawaku"
    some of them successfully accomplish it and were really happy
    and now all for nothing

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    If you have cared to just take a look at what the floods are like right now in the setouchi regions then you know this is the most correct business and humanitarian desicion they have made absolutely with no doubt.

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Yeah, IIRC Kaze wa Fuiteiru ends up being the charity single. Nice publication, I think.

7. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

But the single isn't being released this week, nor the next one.
    The single was scheduled to be released on August 29th. Seven weeks away.

When the Tohoku earthquake happened, it didn't stop AKB from releasing Katyusha, doing the revivals and the SSK as usual (plus, the singles from SKE and NMB), and that was a much bigger disaster.

I'm not saying they shouldn't be considerate with the victims, but I think they could help a lot more doing charity concerts (Dareka no tame ni?) and/or donating part of the single sales towards reconstruction efforts (Kaze wa Fuiteiru? Tenohita ga kataru koto?) than... do nothing?

Oh, well. It is what it is.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Vol

Vol Kenkyuusei

BTW
    If we follow this logic shouldn't they also cancel their upcoming tour
    nearest is 7/16

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    No.

Osaka wasn't as bad as the Setouchi regions.

The delayed single release has nothing to do with the buisness trip stage tour either. And they should be doing more buisness trip stage tours as one would expect. It's lucky they still have this scheduled.

Dude what the fuck. Like seriously this is first time I dropped the f bomb in this forum.

Just take a look at the seriousness of this rainfall and it is definitely at a national crisis compared to the earthquake 7 years ago and I can argue even more serious than that because over 9 prefectures with dense population were in emergency situations during the rainfall happened and the damage in total is still accumulating. Even now many rivers and dams have over flooded and destroyed homes, bridges, roads and train tracks. And the death toll is still rising. Millions are cut off with water, food, electricity. Its still not over yet. The damaged done to repair is expected to be weeks to months and even years to some of the areas. I'm just glad that all of our girls are safe.

AKB home is is in Tokyo and obviously it didn't have much affect in selling their singles or doing events back then when it wasn't the area that took the direct hit. But look at the situation now man, STU home is in Setouchi regions which 5 of the 7 STU prefectures took the major direct hits: Yamaguchi, Okayama, Hiroshima, Ehime and Hyogo. And these are all strongholds of the STU activity. Many fans, members and staff are already affected by this and it is hard for them to travel and do actvities. It's just physically and mentally impossible. Plus we don't know if the MV spot they chose was in the affected areas as well. Any sane person would make this call to delay the release and it is possible that many of the local summer festivals are to be canceled at this rate. Everyone knows it's not the time to have fun but a time to rebuild. If they pretend nothing had happened and still went on to sell their single then that is more wrong imo and bad for their Setouchi ambassador image.

And it's still unclear that the management are going to do nothing at all or you made it sound like it. As many including yourself is expecting is that they could and should do fundraising and charity events is a high possibility which only they haven't announced yet which again needs some time to reschedule a lot of things as expected.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    • Like Like x 11
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  10. SI-Doitsu

SI-Doitsu Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Management said, that Members and Staff are affected by this disaster. They also postponed the opening of the theater and AKB is considering to cancel all HS events in this region for safety reasons. If you look at the map with the affected regions almost all prefectures from STU are affected. So give these people time to clean up und restart their lives.

• Like Like x 8
  11. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Yea, I imagined some of the girls and families have been affected.
    And of course, their safety and wellbeing comes first.

I just find it... strange, that with a window of two months, they are jumping the gun instead of seeing how things go.

Congratulations!
    Now take a chill pill.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

You're forgetting something... Yes, it was a horrible disaster (Tohoku earthquake) but from operational standpoint, Tokyo is not really affected by it. Meanwhile, the current disaster basically struck Setouchi. I believe they were planning to film the MV this month, but it will be impossible right now (considering that the MV is going to be shot in Setouchi). They can change the MV concept, probably avoiding filming in the worst struck area, but it will probably still delay the single.
    And there are the staffs, members, fans from the region that are directly affected by it. Seven weeks might be a lot of time, but if they can only start to operate normally a few weeks from now, everything is going to be pushed back. We have AKB and NGT releasing their single on September, so depending on the condition, it will be on October the earliest.
    Again, this is probably not an easy decision for them to make, They have to cancel the sales, probably need to cancel the booking of those HS venue, and their plan for 2nd single promotion is basically toast right now. Probably it cost them money to postpone the 2nd single, yet they still decided to postpone it.
    Also we don't know about what are their plans going forward. Not releasing a single is not the same as not doing anything. They can still do charity events. They can still donate part of 2nd single sales towards reconstruction. They simply can't met the current schedule in the current condition.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I guess that's it.

Oh, well.

Hopefully the girls and staff are safe.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  14. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    You have no idea what you are even talking about. Bye.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

No?
    One more chance?
    No?

I simply have no time for your entitlement.

Bye.

• Old Old x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Suii

Suii Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yamamoto Sayaka
    That's really unfortunate. I can imagine that their sales will be affected by this. Which is totally understandable!
    Maybe some of their fans got harmed by flood. I hope STU fans & family are ok.

Personally I'd like to see some charity events too. Having 2 singles in a row being delayed isn't really good promotion imo. Even tho I understand why! But our girls will get through this.

17. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    @ForrestFuller The CGB41 song is Yume Chikara. And while you are at it might as well cross out all those HS event dates :(

18. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    what are appreciation slots? and do other sister groups have them or only stu?

19. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Appreciation slots are 2 bonus gimmick slots that can be unlocked simultaneously when the total combined sales number of regular slots of that HS event day has met the required minimum of 500 applications (CD pre-orders).

For this single as an example. everyone had 5 slots per HS event and there were 6 HS events scheduled so that makes it 30 regular slots in total. (Maximum 12 appreciation slots in total as well)

If a member reaches 500 sales of that HS event day then she will do 2 extra gimmick appreciation slots (2 shot or autograph) which makes it 7 slots that day.

So in theory popular members like Yumirin, Chiho, Hinachan and Fuuchan had unlocked all their dates for appreciation slots in the 3rd and 4th round so that makes their slots in total maximum of 42. (7 slot per day HS day, 1 slot = 1 hour)

STU is the only group that is doing this HS "mini game" style thing AFAIK

By the way the minimum to unlock appreciation slots in the debut single were set to 800 applications.

And mathematically speaking if all members managed to unlock all their appreciation slots, then that means we have...

500 slots minimum x 6 HS days x 32 members = 96000+ CD sales secured right there (+Naachan slots all sell outs x 6 HS days)

This is not including sell out of a slot too which no one is really sure how high they set it.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  20. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

All I can say is this:

Hiroshima, Yamaguchi and Okayama are some of STU's covered prefectures.
    Hiroshima, Yamaguchi and Okayama are currently buried under 15 feet of water.

I hope we can put our concerns about the timely release of entertainment aside for a second and understand that what's happening in Japan right now is horrific and many of the people who planned to buy the single or sign up for STU handshakes have been evacuated from the area; some might have even died in the flood waters.

• Agree Agree x 4