1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio Produce 48 (2018/06/15 - 2018/08/31)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Nov 29, 2017.

1. lunakitten

lunakitten Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

I just can't help but compare her to other trainees like the CNC girls or Lee Haeun or Ahn Yujin and they are a similar age but they seem so much more prepared. Eri is a great jpop idol but she isn't kpop idol. I don't want Sato Minami or Asai Yuka in the group for the same reason.

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    So lovely :cute:
    The best part of MNET is when they do fanvideo [hehe]

@Lt-weetabix Personally I quite like Erii since a while, yet I don't think she's ready to be in this kind of group.
    I'm new to k-pop (new-er than I'm to j-pop even) but the level of judgment and expectations from fans and people whom work around this word is so high I think it could take a token even from more grown up japanese idols.

Dancing and singing skills are below k-trainers of her own age and younger, but it's to be expected and those skills, with good trainers and a good mindset can be taught and learned, especially in an enviroment like PD48 where it's the only thing you do. Erii can do it if she's not pampered around like a baby.
    But I cringe everytime someone compares her to Sohye because Soyhe had been both lucky enough to find someone that took her hand and helped her in the beginning, and smart enough to know when it was the time to fly alone, take some risk and just try.
    I don't know if Erii already developed this self awareness about her own qualities and weakness and if she has enough experience to know which way is the best way.

As for the rap-godness....... no comment.
    Korean rap is still something I don't approve fully. There're some good rappers out there, but while I think you can easily teach metrics and pronunciation and rhythm all around the world, I don't think you can really teach someone to find that place inside them from which they have to rip out their own words, their own voice.
    It's up to them and you recognize the difference when you listen to rappers and wannabe.
    I don't believe that Erii already found that place.
    I don't think she'd ever been looking for it.
    Who knows, someday perhaps.

I may be mistake but I never noticed on this thread a big amount of Erii "hate", quite the opposite.

• Like Like x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. sakurazaki

sakurazaki Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    ec_delacroix
    Am I the only one who thinks the guy dance trainer is so hot, especially when he's focused/stern.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 16
  4. Shirase Miyuki

Shirase Miyuki Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Me too! I was too scared to post it but whenever he looks at them with a serious face and then smiles I'm like: "How can you girls not be nervous!"
    He's hot [hehe]

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  5. sakurazaki

sakurazaki Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    ec_delacroix
    I'm watching the 4th episode rn where he was scolding the centers of High tension, and damn all I can think about is "oh yeah scold me more daddy"

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  6. patapataful

patapataful Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    patapataful
    :lol::lol::lol::worthy: would throw at you a tower, if I could:fear:

• Like Like x 2
  7. Zerase

Zerase Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Miyawaki GODKura :eek:

8. kero__kero

kero__kero Upcoming Girls

i think he has a crush on saho

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    who doesn't?
    ya-hoo lol

• Like Like x 6
  10. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    you are talking about the idol scene only I presume? The Korean hip hop scene is fantastic!

11. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    yeah only idol related, I have yet to get in korean hip hop, since I'm focused on idols right now.... could you give me some advice where to start from though?

12. Lisa

Lisa Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    If Erii is ready or not I have no idea, but as many other people have said, I’d also prefer if she didn’t join the final group lineup... not because of her lack of skills or amount of dedication or because it would be tough or even because she is young or childlish... the reason I wouldn’t want her to join is because, considering the previous groups formed from produce, considering the top favorite candidates, I just don’t see Erii fitting the concept they might adopt. In fact, I don’t see how a lot of the 48g participants would harmonize with final line up. As much as we need variety inside a group, it’s hard to idealize an image that fits everybody if the members are just so completely opposite... I mean, in a group with Gaeun in it, can you see Erii having a place? It just seems too weird to me... but maybe it’s just lack of perspective on my part... I think this is a good opportunity for the girl, but not necessarily she needs to be top 12 to feel a change in her carrier, I mean, her path inside 48g might change from now on already if people from the 48 fandom start to notice her more!

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    A conversation I imagine taking place:

Cho-Won: Okay, we need a badass name for our group
    Nanami: How about "Lunch"?
    Minami: Or "Dinner"?
    Cho-Won: No... those just aren't intimidating enough.
    Erii: I've got it! "Snack"
    The word hangs in the air. The team members look at each other, a new hope suddenly invigorating them, and as one, they whisper,
    "Perfect"

• Creative Creative x 10
    • Like Like x 6
  14. kero__kero

chowon and yoonjin seem to be getting a lot of love on 2ch/5ch.

yoonjin because she was a great center for high tension and chowon because she did the best she could do with the babies (even though she’s a baby herself). also they somehow found her highschool yearbook picture and complimented her on her cuteness.

i didnt realize this but when the leaders had to run and pick the song titles they wanted to perform chowon actually grabbed high tension to accomodate the babies, but somehow they ended up with boombayah

• Like Like x 13
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    I'd start with Epik High - their first 3 albums are for me absolute masterpieces of hip hop overall. The later albums became a bit too "deep" for me - but literally everyone else loves them so you can't really go wrong with anything. Dynamic Duo is another classic, very similar to Epik High style-wise. Drunken Tiger another one; that brings us to Tiger JK and his wife Yoon Mirae who is widely considered the best Korean female rapper (and she's one of the best singers as well)... From the most recent stuff I enjoy everything Primary produces and the new girl on the block Heize.

16. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Thank you @nvmea that's a lot to start with! :cute: Much appreciated! :worthy:

17. Momogu9

Momogu9 Member

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Han Chowon

[​IMG]

A Hidden Visual

[​IMG]

A Kind-hearted Angel

my heart will actually break if she gets eliminated ;=; especially since she just completed the first stage for the support thing ;-; Mnet, if she gets eliminated....give her the water jelly before you send her off ;-;

• Like Like x 2
  18. kamihime

kamihime Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    If I may add, there are also the current new generation of hiphop. I'd say that you will feel a bigger influence of the west in them but they are the current "it" kids (nvmea suggested more hiphop legends)

- dpr live (some songs; Action!, Know Me, Text Me, To Myself)
    - Sik k (some songs: iffy)
    Btw: listen to eung frestyle by dpr, sik k, owen, punchnello and flowsick! A must!
    - Of course the king of idol rappers, Zico (whichever of his singles go ahead)
    - i personnally like Zico better as part of fanxy child so some recommended songs by fanxy child: fanxy child, paradise (it's under millic ft fanxy but millic is part of fanxy).
    - Zicodean produced a song called Things These Days for SMTM6 with Young B, Killagramz, Hangzoo and Hash Swan... all talented rapper, listen to it to hear the full potential of the 6 of them

I mentioned Dean who is more rnb, if you like this style you should listen to him. He has two songs with Heize actually (And July and shut up and groove). He's a singer producer. A gem. Actually Takeuchi Miyu covered his song Instagram. If you havent listened to the cover or the original i suggest you go right now!!

I should stop here lol

Oh and for the hoe anthems you have Jay Park...

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. kero__kero

dpr live is great

20. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    thanks a lot @kamihime, I'm definitely not up to date with the newest scene so I might check some of them too (although in general not a big fan of the recent US/Korea pop and hip hop trends...)
    Are the latest Show me the money seasons worth watching btw? haha