1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single NGT48 4th [Sekai no Hito e] (2018/10/03)

Discussion in 'NGT48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Titan3

Titan3 Member

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    I hope Katomina is rewarded with her strong SSK showing with the center position.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    I'm just done writing down this quick translation of the interview. The talk mostly revolved around the reason behind the selection of NGT48 for the event, everything else is explained inside.
    Chief editor of the music magazine Rockin'On Japan, Rockin'On Co. Ltd.
    Koyanagi Daisuke

Q. What's the reason you sent your offer to NGT48 for ROCK IN JAPAN FES 2018?

Koyanagi: For one thing, they already appeared once at this winter's Count Down Japan, during last year. At the time I noticed how they received a considerable feedback from the public. And this led to their summer appearance of this time. I was convinced that NGT48 would be well received by the public of our festival, and as a result we had them perform there. After seeing that this produced a good response, I invited them to appear again this summer.

Q. What main factor inspired you to send NGT48 the offer, on occasion of the previous COUNT DOWN JAPAN?

Koyanagi: At the time, it was right before the release of their 2nd single, "Sekai wa Doko made Aozora na no ka?", and also right after the MV was revealed. I watched it, and if I have to be overdramatic, I thought how this is the kind of idol song that should be showcased at the Rockin'On festival. Hence, I set out to make arrangements for them to be at the next upcoming festival. There was a design in mind, how should I put it, I felt it as somewhat of a responsibility of mine. And so I decided to get things rolling as a tentative try, and that was what set the planning for Count Down in motion.

Q. Doesn't Shibuya Youichi (President of Rockin'On Co. Ltd.) seemingly have a preference for Keyakizaka46, actually?

Koyanagi: It's not that he has a preference, but rather he holds them in great esteem. I think he has a sympathy for them. The way he says "the approach of their expression" has a "rock-ish angle", I mean.

Q. On the other hand, is there any particular intention as to why NGT48 has caught the eyes of editor Koyanagi?

Koyanagi: Well... First off, there's absolutely no opposition (against Mr. Shibuya / Keyakizaka46) or something similar. It's that in my opinion the MV of the 2nd single was very memorable. "I was born to become an idol", their presence is such that they would easily get away with speaking even such a line. I am convinced they'll certainly be loved by people.

---

By the way, regarding the matter of who might be the center for this single, this reminds me of a certain talk that Kitarie had on Niigatta Friend during her graduation special (you may find it in the middle of episode #65, for those who want to check), where she went through giving a comment about each NGT member.
    To be more precise, I recalled a part when the topic switched to those members who had already experienced being the center (namely Moeka, Nakai, Ogiyuka, Hinatan), and she opened by saying how she feels there's no longer a necessity for Ogiyuka or Nakai (and she singled out these two names only throughout the talk) to be "at the center" again, not least because they can already "show their own strengths anywhere else" anyway.
    Personally, I would hope to see Kitarie's decision being respected and for the center position to continue rotating through other members who are also deserving of it. Though it wouldn't be the first time to see the management (at someone else's behest) disregarding Kitarie's best judgement (when not downright undoing what she worked to build while in NGT), either...

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    • Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Some news stories. They all say the same thing and have the same video announcement:

"NGT 48 will release the 4th single on September 26th.

This announcement was announced at the theatrical performance which took place on July 9th. Although song titles and selected members are undecided, there are 5 draft research students and 16 second graders and a total of 21 research students join the newly formally and it is the first single of the 2nd chapter of NGT 48 ."

http://www.billboard-japan.com/d_news/detail/65341/2
    https://natalie.mu/music/news/290468
    https://www.iwate-np.co.jp/article/oricon/2115252
    https://okmusic.jp/news/277806
    https://www.barks.jp/news/?id=1000157375

4. Arinko

Arinko Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    https://rockinon.com/news/detail/177872

Add this too.

I think NGT48's current advantage is that management hasn't locked it's songs down to a genre. The group's song collection is so diverse.

I know Nakai and Ogiyuka won't want to be centers again so soon.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. NanaHoshii

NanaHoshii Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    habumizuho
    Hoping for a Gatanee or Katomina center!

• Like Like x 1
  6. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

If Katomina get center for ranking 30th then what does that makes of those who ranks above her lol. If there is another reason it would make more sense.

• Winner Winner x 2
  7. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    None. Rather than because of her rank, I just hope they give Katomina a chance to become a-side center.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    i want a katomina center only if she changes her hair back :lol:

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    So release event in Budokan means...concert?

Anyways pretty excited for this new single since the dude digged the 2nd single MV style so much I hope they continue that contract with the director. No more ero-jiji low angle shots would be good for me.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. AnToNa

AnToNa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    No, we need our first white blonde haired center. We need a Britney's BOMT rip off.

• Like Like x 1
  11. ritto2908

ritto2908 Member

Oshimen:
    Umezawa Minami
    Katomina would be an amazing center since her SSK rank increases. However, people are going to complain about NGT48 not having a stable center and whatsoever. I believe a lot of NGT girls have potential to center A-side singe like Okappa, Gatanee, and Mahohon. Most likely Ogiyuka will be selected....and I won't complain about it.

12. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

OMG IM IN.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I think it would be cool if NGT doesn't have a fixed center and they spread the opportunities around the girls.

Katomina for 4th.
    Tano or Miharu (or both) for 5th.
    Mahohon or Gatanee (or both) for 6th.
    Some D3/2nd gen for 7th.

I think it would help cement the image that NGT is a welcoming place and it's not X and her back dancers like SKE or NMB have been in the past.

Plus, I think the girls get a lot more from being in AKB senbatsu than in the SG center (Voldemort anyone?), so they should be able to do whatever with senbatsu.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Old Old x 1
  14. Arinko

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    People can complain but NGT48 has already stated they don't have a fixed center so that every member is motivated.

• Like Like x 1
  15. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    I thought not having a fixed center was a good thing for NGT lol

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Arinko

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    I haven't actually seen j fans complain about a non fixed center. Many are like, give the old kks a chance esp with miharu 3rd highest in ssk. Fans are motivated too here.

17. Floris58

Floris58 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    katominami
    Twitter:
    flolfywolfymina
    She changed it back to dark for new Team NIII's Hokori no Oka. But surprise, surprise...IT'S BLONDE AGAIN!! :D
    edit: brown again lmao

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
  18. zon2008

zon2008 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kitahararie
    I want Katomina will be center this single. If everyone in NGT can be center, why the original one dont have a chance again, especially her great recent ranking.

And please managers, is there any punishment for Rika ? Ok I know she is famous and still has her fan base, and personally I still care about her but please be fair with other members and their fans. I think she not big enough like Yukirin to deny this scandal. And if she want to become Milky, please at least give her the same punishment, drop her for one single and comeback later, right now she is has some health problem so it is also ok for her rest in short time

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    Honestly i’m ready for AKS & Sony to take full advantage of Noe’s newfound popularity and put her as center. Imagine the YT views.

But i’ll bet my ass they’ll pull a Miona and airdrop a 2nd gen to Senbatsu with the rest of Senbatsu being 1st gen

And i don’t want them to have team songs until the teams are complete

My bet for Senbatsu is 14 ranked members + Yukirin + our next goripush

20. Floris58

Floris58 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    katominami
    Twitter:
    flolfywolfymina
    MinaNoe w-center, where Noe jumps Minamon every 10 or so seconds lol ^^

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Winner Winner x 1