1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single NGT48 4th [Sekai no Hito e] (2018/10/03)

Discussion in 'NGT48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jul 9, 2018.

1. qadri08

qadri08 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    saitoasuka
    so... Mofu and Anju were dropped out for the first time. i'm glad that they still put Rittan tho

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Kuura

Kuura Future Girls Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    Oh right, they were dropped too. Maybe we could get a song for Genghis Cats (Reinya, Mofu and Ainyaa)? :awesome: I know it's not probable, though.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Because neither of those girls are natural centers and Katomina is. It doesn't mean that anyone else can't be center but center is where Katomina naturally fits.

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Old Old x 1
  4. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Which sadly there are people here that do (I know one person who does) which imo I always thought was stupid as hell (Shouldn't judge a couple of people as a whole fanbase).

If that happens, I will be shocked (Do feel Gatanee deserves to be in the front row over Rika). I'd love to see

Yukirin - Gatanee - OgiYuka - Hinatan - Katomina

as your front row with Miharu and Moeka as your 2nd row center.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. firecoral

firecoral Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mukaichimion
    Ogiyuka center! Mumble rap style single confirmed!

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

Kinda anticlimactic center choice. So compared to first single, who's in and out?

7. Kuura

Kuura Future Girls Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    Compared to the first single

In: Nishimura Nanako, Nakamura Ayuka, Nara Miharu
    Out: Kitahara Rie (graduated), Sato Anju, Murakumo Fuka

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    The continuation of the interview with Koyanagi that was played after the Senbatsu announcement left me wondering if he might actually have some involvement in the decisions or the artistic production of today's single. Since I know pretty much nothing about his professional background, I might be completely wrong. Anyway, I quickly wrote this full transcript of the dialogue inside, for those who couldn't make out what was being said.

Koyanagi: "I think it's fantastic -- being a venue that is considered as the ultimate goal for rock bands and of course other artists -- that NGT48 has finally made it all the way to Nippon Budokan."

Q. We'd also like to hear your comment about the center for the next single's main song.

Koyanagi: "Every statement [during the speech] gave a reason as to why it needed to be her. How do I put it? That way of thinking. Rather than being something that she had prepared to say in advance before speaking, it was as if she was driven to say it, urged both by the current times and the general public -- the very audience she had in front of her eyes. Those are words she spoke while letting herself be guided by all of it. In that regard, they hold quite a lot of compelling power inside."

(Cut to the Sousenkyo speech) Ogiyuka: "That era that used to be called the Golden Age of AKB48. Pardon me for saying it... But I... I want to rebuild it back."

Q: About the shooting location for the new MV... It'll be XXXXXX

Koyanagi: "◌◌◌◌◌, you say? Amazing! That'll be awesome."

Ogiyuka seen as an embodiment of the current zeitgeist is an interesting take, in its own right. At least, I can see how plenty of people and members identify themselves with her and her history.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. Floris58

Floris58 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    katominami
    Twitter:
    flolfywolfymina
    Minachan said in her latest mail it's ''yabai sugi'', so i'm super curious where the hell it's gonna be lol.

10. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

Wow... </3 I liked the both of them.. This is sad.

Ogiyuka is the mockingjay omfg

11. lunakitten

lunakitten Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Kato Minami fans are quickly becoming the equivalent of Loona or BTS fans. :p

• Dislike Dislike x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino

5th Single: 9 nin ala NMB.

Meh.. not very surprising.. I felt it was a toss up between ogiyuka, katomina or nakairika. I didnt think it was gonna be a new center or hinatan

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I know Ogiyuka was 4th and all, but... meh?
    She's gonna stay in Kami 7 for the foreseeable future, so what does she gain from this? Miharu, Gatanee or Katomina could have done lots with this chance.

The whole narrative of "everybody can center" is gone, no matter how much they say everyone's an ace. Bullshit.

Seeing how serious they take the rankings, I wouldn't be surprised if they pushed back Katomina for Miharu.

I like that they take the SSK into consideration, but this feels a bit too much?
    Riko was probably the next NGT girl below 100th.

Oh, well.

ap,550x550,16x12,1,transparent,t.u3.png

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  14. JVJ

JVJ Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hasegawarena
    I do not read Japanese.

But I am curious, are the Japanese fans on the Japanese forums also somewhat 'hostile' with the selection of the center?
    Ok, maybe hostile is to strong a word. Were they finding it anti-climatic too?

I just hope the center for the B sides do not disappoint the fans (including me) who believes that everyone in NGT can be the center and is an Ace.

• Like Like x 1
  15. antares

antares Kenkyuusei

On Max Toki 315 from Akihabara to Niigata
    Oshimen:
    sugaharariko
    It is the 2nd center of Ogiyuka and everybody acts like she has centered forever like Jurina in SKE or Sayanee in NMB.

I also prefer a new center but this is still reasonable. Also, look like this single is the direct response to SSK results, like the 2nd single is the response of SSK 2017 results. Let’s wait for the 5th single to see if NGT managers still stick with this.

I am happy that Rittan is selected but feel sad that Mofu+Anju+Reinya are dropped. I hope it will not discourage any girl and trigger another graduation.

• Like Like x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Some are just somewhat not that excited and disappointed because of the predictable selections

I'm just hoping to get amazing songs like Ato de, Whatcha Gunna do or Nanika ga Iru

17. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

No, but NGT was doing things differently up until now.
    It's almost as if they're saying "from now on, our first single right after the SSK will take the results to heart".
    Which might work to fire up some fandoms, but we know Ogiyuka is basically untouchable at this point.

Also, the landscape is a lot different now from when SKE and NMB debuted. Now the SG get 2 singles per year and that's about it.
    In my opinion, NGT's management should have spread their chances more knowing that. Ogiyuka landed at 5th last year without centering anything. And she will continue to rank high no matter her position in NGT (hell, her position in AKB probably gives her more exposure). So... what gives?

• Old Old x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  18. firecoral

firecoral Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mukaichimion
    Considering the timing of this single, not taking the results of ssk into consideration would be pretty jerkish of management. Let Ogi have this one. She delivered again.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Arinko

Arinko Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Floris58

Floris58 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    katominami
    Twitter:
    flolfywolfymina
    Yuurin was 1st in the Tsutaya Bookstore SSK campaign. Yet she's out.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk