1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio MNLife (2018/05/14 - )

Discussion in 'MNL48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jul 11, 2018.

1. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

[​IMG]
    MNLife is a Web Show (On MNL48's Official Youtube Account) that airs every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. First Episode aired on May 14, 2018.

MCs: Luke Conde and a Special Co-Host

2. Are-Kun

Are-Kun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatatesaho
    No. Seriously. What's with this jump scare thing?

They really seem to be pushing that lately lol

3. dunkindonato

dunkindonato Upcoming Girls

My eardrums almost got busted because of that. I was wearing my headset while watching yesterday. :glare:

4. teokun

teokun Kenkyuusei

I think it's a ghost prank.

Kinda OT, is ForrestFuller an admin here in Stage48?

5. itachi101

itachi101 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    otanao
    it's funny Gia almost ruin a t.V. worth more than 100K

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. teokun

teokun Kenkyuusei

I don't believe it's 100k+ though because LED TVs are cheap nowadays, also it's just for aesthetics and not used that much. Maybe half of it :) I agree Gia was funny though. The soft training maybe was too much making her knees soft :^^;:

• Like Like x 1
  7. itachi101

itachi101 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    otanao
    when you said it's an old model tv.... you're right:)
    i'm thinking way ahead believing it's 4k tv:^^;:
    my bad:wall::XD:

8. Ally_

Ally_ Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    It’s funny how they’re more concerned with the TV than Gia lmao. These kids are natural in variety, HKT/old AKB level tbh.

They better get their own TV show, too much charm, talent and craziness to be contained in an online show at a cramped space >.<

Hashtag’s Luke kinda grew on me, he’s like the ultimate Kuya of the group and the MNL fandom. I could tell he actually cares and took the time to learn about 48G. And he’s been there since MNL’s creation ayyy Maru ain’t bad too, he’s getting there.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Are-Kun

Are-Kun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatatesaho
    This.
    This.
    And This lol

10. dunkindonato

They've long outgrown MNLife in terms of promoting the girls. It's still good for when the discussion is focused, or there's only a small group attending. Because the girls are starting to open up and talk more about various topics, the risk is that a few girls won't be noticed, like what happened with Andee and Essel yesterday (quick recovery though).

Of course it would be argued that not everyone is able to speak in AKBingo anyway. But having their own show running alongside MNLife will give them a little bit more opportunity to shine.

11. roze_street

roze_street Kenkyuusei

First of all, I would like to say that I'm really interested in mnl48 and would really like to support and get to know them as a fan but tbh, I don't really like the format of their online show.

I don't know if it's just because I am subscribed to a few vlog channels and youtubers and I'm used to watching straight to the content of a video. I really don't like this live streaming format that they have. With that said I really liked it when they release those vlogs of their Japan Trip.

I wasn't also present during their showtime audition stint so I don't really know the male hosts that are in MNLife/Laugh and I kinda don't want to watch them.

Ok I admit I haven't fully watch an episode. I only manage to watch until a few minutes of intro of an episode or two. This talk show format that they have is not my cup of tea.

My point is, maybe if they stop doing live streams and maybe start a youtube show or a series of planned and edited content, similar to a vlog or any tv show for that matter. Then it would really be fun to watch for me and not like a chore.

A documentary would be a great idea. Maybe they could start with what happened after the showtime auditions and then chronicle their journey for their debut album. It would be great if they can build a narrative on the girls journey and experience as a member of an idol group in a country that is basically new to the idea of idol groups.

Also has anyone maybe made a compilation or cuts or clips of mnlaugh/life? Tbh, I don't have much time to sit through their live streams. I figured there are interested bits and pieces in an episode and I think it would really nice if there are clips out there. Similar to clips that I have seen of akbingo if you know what I mean?

It would really help mnl48 I think. They can get fans through those clips and people will be able to get to know them more. I know I would.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. teokun

teokun Kenkyuusei

Problem with Vlogs is that a few only of the girls will be shown, also budget concerns. I also add that these shows are additional training for the girls regarding talk shows and interviews. Some of the girls are doing co-hosting on every episode so it's a plus.

Also this is a japanese thingy regarding variety and talk shows.

The show doesn't even last 30mins specially for MNLaugh. Regarding clips there are tons of it on MNL48 fanpages on FB and twitter. You can check out dunkindonato's weekly blogs on B2G if you're busy.

https://www.back2gaming.com/blog/mnl48-weekly-8-2-2018/

13. roze_street

roze_street Kenkyuusei

I have watched tons of Japanese tv and variety shows (I'm not new to jfandom), their live streams are far from it. MNLaugh/line is more similar to a Philippine TV show format. Except MNlaugh is maybe inspired from akbingo.

One of my issues with their livestreams is the long 'blue screen' waiting and the talk show feel and I couldn't get past the intro.

Maybe if they stop doing it live and just record it and some editing it would be great. Having different thumbnails and title to each of their youtube uploads will also increase interest.

Thanks for the link. I will bookmark the site.

14. dunkindonato

The whole point of the MNLife format is to help develop the girls with their on-camera skills. A "warm up" to the real thing, so to speak. That and also to provide the fans with something to look forward to every week since these streams are also made to be interactive. The staff did try to tape certain episodes, especially when the girls can't come to the studio on the time of the show, but it sort of takes away the interactivity and some of the fans didn't like that.

Vlogs are very personal affairs and because we're talking about 48 full members plus trainees, having a Vlog for each of them would be difficult, especially since all material that is not live is being screened by the staff.

There are a few members who regularly post videos on their official FB accounts, most especially Alice. Mind you, they're not Vlogs in the real sense of the term, but are probably the closest we'll get for some time.

MNL48 is actually well-documented by HHE (as early as mid 2016, when HHE did the MNL48 Fan Meeting. I was there, so I can confirm) so documentaries aren't out of the question. They just won't release one because the girls haven't yet reached any milestone where they can sit back and reflect on their journey so far.

Some fans do upload clips, but they're pretty difficult to locate on You Tube because some don't mention MNL48 to avoid the clip being taken down. You can even see Thai and Indonesian fans showing off their MNL48 merchandise, and some who diligently follow the streams.

15. teokun

teokun Kenkyuusei

This happens all the time for live streams. Usually they start at 5:50 PM or below that but the show start at exactly 6:00 pm so if you're not watching it live then you need to skip some minutes and get straight to intro or start of the show which shows "The views and thoughts..etc". That 10min buffer sometimes used to check stream connection and informing subscribers that the show will start.

Exactly. Vlogging/Blogging is a no joke nowadays, even the editing of youtube channels now surpassed mainstream media. Also most blogs are just weekly while MNLife/MNLaugh are 6 days a week. There's is no hurt skipping some days, just treat it also as regular blogs but in a talk show format( Did I make sense? lol :lol:)

16. dunkindonato

I think the main issue regarding Vlogs is that it isn't a medium that best caters to MNL48's current needs. Before their first single is released, HHE is trying to promote ALL of the girls as much as possible. Talk about trying to do the impossible, but in some ways, it's worked. Or rather, it has managed to get them by.

Vlogs highlight one member, and can only accommodate so much of the others. So in the current situation they're in, it's actually restrictive. That format is best suited post-debut when the disparities between the members' popularities and fan-base will become a much bigger factor. Finally, as I said, the girls can do some sort of vlogging in their official FB pages to keep their fans entertained.

17. Ally_

Ally_ Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    I kinda like the current format. I prefer watching 40min unedited shows 5x a week than 10min of weekly vlogs featuring only a few members with a lot of details edited out. I could even listen to MNLife without watching the video since it’s legit like a radio podcast with video.

I do agree with better thumbnails. It kinda gets hard when you wanna rewatch a specific episode you don’t remember by date. Better edited videos could come later when they debut.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Are-Kun

Are-Kun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatatesaho
    Guys. Brei just NAILED those member intros on MNLife lol

19. teokun

teokun Kenkyuusei

Lol agree. Brei is a great host with great voice also. VJ much?

FYI Guys. MNLife is on it's last week. I can't wait what online show they will do next(MNLife's replacement)?

20. dunkindonato

Did they specifically say that there will be a replacement? I haven't watched today's episode yet.