1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single Keyakizaka46 7th [Ambivalent] (2018/08/15)

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jul 5, 2018.

1. k1s3k1

k1s3k1 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    The only good song in the single is Happy Aura in my opinion.. maybe keyaki management running out of budget for good composers lol.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Agree x 4
    • Disagree x 3
    • Dislike x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
  2. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    lol damn.. you cant disagree with the mass without getting disliked onS48 these days.

Anyway.. I do find this single as a whole to be the weakest. Usually I like 2-3 songs from the get go and eventually come around with the other songs. with this single, i only like ambivalent... even that... the song is not as catchy as their previous a sides. Oh well, you can't always win. hopefully the next one will be better

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

This single is a mess and it won't be on my playlist:^^;:

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. glsone

glsone Member

Yeah, looking that way for me too. Haven't even bothered downloading the MVs since I don't really care much for what's going on with them either. They were due for a bad single, really. Maybe if sales drop it'll incite some changes.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I'm liking everything I've heard now. Even Room 302, which I didn't like at all at first but was somewhat converted to by the simple MV. The drone was clunky, but I admired Habu and Pon's strength of will to stand there as it approached them, lol.

And I was converted to Student Dance so completely that I made a translation and a sub. Text file and subtitle file here (studentdanceJE.txt and studentdanceJE.ass). There are also files for Ambivalent and Happy Aura there. And an Ambivalent subtitle file re-timed to the Rock In Japan performance, if you happen to have the video file to go with it.

There's also a small text file there giving hints on how to use subtitle files. You have to have the video itself already.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Nealy07

Nealy07 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Why do we have "dislike" and "disagree" ratings if nobody are allowed to use it lol

I might be the only one to actually like it :lol: the more I listen to it the more I like. All the 4 songs. I even like Happy Aura I might be sick :fp:
    Ambivalent is better than Garasu for me.

My opinion is that with Techi return, Imaizumi graduation (solo song hello :)) and Hiragana recent popularity, this single sales would not go down but reach the million sales quickly.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  7. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    i mean you can use it however you want. no one stopping you.

Disagree and dislike are two different things though. I personally don't dislike any posts if they feel differently about a song/mv/etc.. that's what disagree button is for. dislike is when someone starts getting personal with another member or one of the girls (like Jurina is ugly/talentless etc). but hey this is just me.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. CrssA

CrssA Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Happy Aura is ok for me.

ambivalent and student dance not something i would play it recently. but its not in un-playable category yet for me.

despite the mv were good , 302 was meh. same goes with I'm out.

their HS sales only decrease a bit , it can lower the first day sales though. but not on very significant number especially at the 1st week total afterwards

take the dislikes with fun, even account with 0 post still can dislike your posts. the positive/negatives rating means nothing these days imo.

PS : Yes She's fckn ugly and mentally sick

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. tmfce

tmfce Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Okamura Minami
    Ambivalent has grown on me a lot since seeing the music video and live performance, I definitely rank it above their past two A sides. I need more listens of the coupling songs but overall I would agree it's probably their weakest single so far. With that being said I still have every type pre-ordered despite saying I was going to skip it because there's no chance in hell I would miss Zuumin's last single.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 4
  10. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    They have yet to realease Zuumin' solo, right? So far the only song worth to be saved is Ambivalent... but honestly, only because the MV.
    If I wasn't a keyaki fan already, I woulnd't have bothered with this single at all (And I still love KazeNi... so I'm aware of the lows I can reach as a fan lol)

On the other hand, if this is the worsth of keyaki... I'll gladly accept it. (and hopefully Techi-Memi is gonna save the day for me, at least)

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  11. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

Always touching about hiragana in conversation here right now, i think it is not a right moment, if hiragana are chosen to be salvation at this moment, mgmt doesn't need to split them into two different group, plus, there are new member will join them soon, and gana are not even allowed to replace any vacant spot in kanji team until now, their fate, purpose, and status is still unknown:fp:

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  12. MysticInstinct

MysticInstinct Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    After hearing Room 302, I guess.. This single isn't going to be added to my playlist either.. Except Ambivalent

Same here.. Waiting for the miracle to save me from disliking the single a little:cute::cry2:

13. tmfce

tmfce Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Okamura Minami
    You guys are sleeping on Neru Koike and Ozeki

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Ozeki

Ozeki Member

Oshimen:
    Nibubu
    basutora song and mv is the one I’m most excited for lol:^O^:

• Like Like x 3
  15. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Keyakizaka46's 7th single (Ambivalent) 4th round HS sales result
    rank. (prev. rank.) sold slots/total slots (+change) member name

keya7-4.jpg
    01. (01.) 24/24 (+00) Nagasawa Nanako (1st round sold out)
    02. (02.) 24/24 (+00) Sugai Yuuka (2nd round sold out)
    02. (02.) 24/24 (+00) Saito Kyoko (2nd round sold out)
    02. (02.) 24/24 (+00) Nagahama Neru (2nd round sold out)
    02. (02.) 24/24 (+00) Watanabe Rika (2nd round sold out)
    02. (02.) 24/24 (+00) Kobayashi Yui (2nd round sold out)
    02. (02.) 24/24 (+00) Watanabe Risa (2nd round sold out)
    02. (02.) 24/24 (+00) Uemura Rina (2nd round sold out)
    02. (02.) 24/24 (+00) Kato Shiho (2nd round sold out)
    02. (02.) 24/24 (+00) Koike Minami (2nd round sold out)
    11. (11.) 24/24 (+00) Higashimura Mei (3rd round sold out)
    11. (11.) 24/24 (+00) Habu Mizuho (3rd round sold out)
    11. (11.) 24/24 (+00) Kakizaki Memi (3rd round sold out)
    11. (11.) 24/24 (+00) Moriya Akane (3rd round sold out)
    11. (11.) 24/24 (+00) Ushio Sarina (3rd round sold out)
    11. (11.) 24/24 (+00) Sasaki Mirei (3rd round sold out)
    11. (11.) 24/24 (+00) Kosaka Nao (3rd round sold out)
    11. (11.) 24/24 (+00) Watanabe Miho (3rd round sold out)
    19. (19.) 24/24 (+01) Takamoto Ayaka (4th round sold out!)
    19. (19.) 24/24 (+01) Ozeki Rika (4th round sold out!)
    19. (19.) 24/24 (+01) Suzumoto Miyu (4th round sold out!)
    19. (22.) 24/24 (+02) Kanemura Miku (4th round sold out!)
    19. (23.) 24/24 (+03) Nibu Akari (4th round sold out!)
    19. (23.) 24/24 (+03) Kawata Hina (4th round sold out!)
    25. (25.) 18/24 (+00) Tomita Suzuka (+6 slot next round)
    25. (26.) 18/24 (+01) Matsuda Konoka (+6 slot next round)
    25. (26.) 18/24 (+01) Miyata Manamo (+6 slot next round)
    28. (28.) 17/24 (+04) Sasaki Kumi
    29. (29.) 15/18 (+04) Hamagishi Hiyori
    30. (30.) 10/24 (+06) Sato Shiori
    31. (31.) 04/24 (+02) Saito Fuyuka
    32. (00.) 00/24 (+00) Iguchi Mao
    32. (00.) 00/24 (+00) Ishimori Nijika
    32. (00.) 00/24 (+00) Oda Nana
    32. (00.) 00/24 (+00) Takase Mana
    32. (00.) 00/24 (+00) Yonetani Nanami
    Total: 676/858 (+29 since 3rd round) [78.8%]
    Kanji total: 302/408 (+10) [74.0%]
    Hiragana total: 374/450 (+19) [83.1%]

Hiragana 1st Gen: 185/240 (+5) [77.1%]
    Hiragana 2nd Gen: 189/210 (+14) [90.0%]
    733/831 (- 57) last single (increase/decrease over 6th single 4th round)

• Like Like x 4
  16. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

The tour performances in Fukuoka this weekend must have sold out: they have added partially-obstructed stage-side seats. They just went on sale. In addition, they have asked fans not to light up their penlights at the beginning of the show. There must be light effects at the opening.

Handshake sales: Glad to see that Paripi, Konoka and Manamo have sold out and been upped to the full 24 slots each. 18 slots more to sell. At this point, it appears that only young Hiyori is left at 18 slots (having sold 15 of them). Too young? Too tall? Too unpredictable? Being cautious with her health or mood?

Striking that there is a slight decrease in handshake sales from Garasu at this stage. Personally, I think Ambivalent, Happy Aura, I'm Out and Student Dance are all excellent songs, with quality and staying power. Ambivalent and, strangely, Student Dance may be the best. I like Happy Aura a lot, except for the lyrics: I think Aki-P may have written them in half an hour...in his sleep.

Over on the Nogi side, first-day sales dropped almost 90K from the previous single. But there are reasons for that: graduation and quality upped sales for Synchronicity (which was almost 100K higher than Itsuka). And Jikochuu de Ikou is rather ordinary (in my opinion). I like some of the coupling songs, though. And second-day sales were almost 100K, so they could catch up.

But one thing I can't remember being mentioned here is that there is only a week's gap between the Nogi release and the Keyaki release. This is half the normal gap, and could possibly affect sales for both groups. Especially Keyaki? Expect to see lots of Keyaki publicity over the next few days. Sunday/Monday TV morning show reports of Fukuoka concerts, to begin with. And now Neru-Sugai-Koike-Habu will be doing the All-Night Nippon radio show on Wednesday night. And there is the 2nd episode of Neru's excellent TV show on Tuesday night.

The official site has a long page describing the various events and extras at shops around the country. Habu-Pon being featured. Elsewhere, Aki-P is quoted as saying that if Hirate can't appear at a performance, there are alternatives. Pon, I would guess.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 7
  17. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    last year they asked us the same because it is part of the performance : the dark curtain.

I think japanese fans are up some kind of play as well. Very excited to see what's up this time.

18. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Finding myself in the minority in liking the new release, I just checked back to see what people here thought of Silent Majority when it came out, thinking there might have been some negative voices. It did not help my case: people here were almost unanimous in being bowled over by the quality of the song and by Hirate. And that includes some people who have turned against Hirate now (for reasons I may not share but which are good reasons). The fear of Hirate being another Ikoma and being hated by fans through no real fault of her own was there, but in general it was a wonderful reminiscence of how amazed we all were by the quality and nature of the song and by Hirate's voice and expressions. Someone said they hoped it would sell over 150K on the first day. Final number: 191,203.

I think the bad-mouthing of Suzumoto I saw there was part of why I picked her as my oshi, which I did mainly on the basis of her performance in the MV, and because of what I regarded (and regard) as her beauty. Others clearly differed on the beauty part, lol.

• Like Like x 3
  19. tmfce

tmfce Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Okamura Minami
    • Informative Informative x 4
  20. tmfce

tmfce Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Okamura Minami
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1