1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single Keyakizaka46 7th [Ambivalent] (2018/08/15)

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jul 5, 2018.

1. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    i wonder why they didnt get 30slot?? keya can easily reach 900k 1st week with 30slots.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    My long running conspiracy theory is that they are waiting for the groups to split and then with new members (as of tomorrow) plus 30 slots per member the sales won't decrease (/much)

• Like Like x 2
  3. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

The cartwheel seemed too easy at first, then I realized it was just.that.good. Neru explained in Message about Hirate not touching the floor but going off her legs (at Rock in Japan), and said what great athletic ability "Tecchan" has. You can see her grabbing Neru's legs just above the knee and whirling easily through the air, with Neru's hands on Techi's waist, following the move, not seeming to do much, just for safety.

But my favorite part was the hundred-armed Kannon just a bit after that, and then the way everyone so gracefully collapsed outward. Beautiful. I also liked the form and symbolism of the hands (Suzumoto and Risa) grabbing Techi's rising arm at the end: no ambivalence, just holding her in the group. The black and white outfits worked well on that set.

I think that performance should keep sales churning through the weekend. We shall see.

Interesting points from @mayuri91 and @kanjo. I have wondered how Nogi could go through handshake events without more of a break than those half-hours between sessions: five sessions a day, straight through. And now I see the reverse observation: why does Keyaki not go to all five from its normal maximum of four. @kanjo's seemingly convoluted conspiracy theory seems possible to me. I thought they began slowly because the members were inexperienced, or because their popularity was uneven, and just stayed that way, maybe out of fear members couldn't take it. But now maybe they're delaying the increase for the reasons @kanjo says.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

OK I'm warming up to the song now thanks to the MS performance.

Still not a fan of it being Tecchi and her back dancers, but it is what it is.

The choreo might be their best, as it's actually made of dance moves and not just punching the air.

The groups as in Kanji and Hiragana?
    I doubt that is happening.

Kanji total: 311/408 (+9) [76.2%]
    Hiragana total: 380/450 (+6) [84.4%]

Hiragana is selling more than Kanji for this single.
    And while adding 6 more slots to every Kanji member would give them 114 more, that's way behind the 450 Hiragana has.
    The drop would be considerable one way or another.

Nah, I think Hiragana will stay part of the group just to add to the numbers, but they'll get their albums and tours (and Netflix shows? lol) apart. Not a bad deal, IMO.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  5. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    But even if they're split they'll be under the same ownership. It's not like anyone would be losing money. They might go from a million selling group to an 800k and 600k selling group but I don't know how much management would mind that.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. patapataful

patapataful Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    patapataful
    Watched the MS performance and I must say, after a few seconds of the choreography my thoughts were: Oh my, like eccentric 2.0 but then it changed:cute:

7. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Sure, the money still goes to Sony/AkiP, but the million is basically free advertisement for the group.

Plus, they'd be throwing the whole W-Keyakizaka thing out of the window and they made such a fuss around that song and theme.

They'd be better off debuting a whole new group.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  8. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Selling a million copies hasn't caused any drastic changes for Nogizaka or Keyakizaka so far. Personally I think it's overrated.
    They don't even perform W-Keyaki any more. Hiragana only did 3 songs at Keyaki republic and weren't invited to the summer arena tour.
    They have completely separated their shows. 2 years, 5 singles since the 1st batch was added and not a single senbatsu spot.
    They're different groups. Had they mixed in the 7th single there would be hope but they've grown too far apart.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. ZenigameX

ZenigameX Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanimarika
    4th day sales: 23,318 (779,452)

• Informative Informative x 3
  10. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

It hasn't caused any drastic changes in AKB either, and that is not to say they don't care about it.
    I agree on the overrated part though.

As for the tours, is it that different from how Nogizaka does it? Doesn't the Under girls have their own tour?
    Why include all the girls in a tour when they can get double the money doing two of them?

I guess we'll have a glimpse of their plans tomorrow, so we'll see.
    I really see no problem in how things are working for now.

11. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

It's probably a matter of logistics, groups don't turn away money for conspiracy theory reasons.

If you have an extra days slots you need to find a hall to put it in but it can't be too far in the future because people don't like buying tickets for something too far in the future away.

Then you have to find the right location, so do you add another Kanto date? If so can you book a hall within the right timeframe? Or do you risk milking the Kanto fanbase too much? So then do you add a date in Nagoya/Osaka/Fukuoka? Which one is going to sell out easiest? Is there a hall available on that date? But then you also have to book hotel rooms for all the members and management, fly down staff and members from tokyo, hire local staff, hire catering, this all adds to the expenses, so are you still making a profit? Is it worth it?

Then you have to consider that Nogizaka or a 48 group (or all of them) are in competition for hall space for HS, not to mention the competition from rock bands holding concerts, industry associations or other entertainment agencies wanting to hold conventions in those halls.

Plus if you do too much HS and not enough concerts aren't fans that follow you for performance reasons going to get pissed off? Also do you risk over-tiring and exhausting the girls by having too much hs? Then there's all the other outside work like plays, tv, grav and everything else to think of and it all means it's not so easy just to say "Hey lets have another days hs this single"

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    The difference with Nogi's is that there is mobility in Nogi. Unders change. It's not like the 2nd and 3rd gens have no option of ever being in senbatsu.
    Besides, there's nothing wrong with unders/Hiragana/any sub group doing their own tour. But they're not involved in Kanji's tour. The main group didn't bring them along. When they do, it's a few token songs with no group mixing. You can't see *that* as normal, can you?

The problem now is that one group has a glass ceiling for the other group to stand on.

@Reveen it's not about getting them to do another day/event. Each day has 5 slots and members only do up to 4. Their booth is empty for the other slot.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  13. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    definitely reasons such as to save cost, and let the girls rest arent on company mind. if it is not profitable, akb48 will not do more than 20slot per girls because, only quarter of girls manage to sell some slots,more wasting money than making money. and..why would sony let keya girls rest (with less hs slot) more than nogi when it seems nogi girls have more work than them??

14. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

How long did it take Nogi to work up to 30 slots? Did they do it right from their very beginning, or did it not happen for, say, two years?

15. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Their fourth, so within one year.

They had a rougher start so for their debut I don't think any member sold out their 15 slots.

16. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Yes, Nogi moves the girls up and down, but some girls have been popular without barely touching senbatsu.
    Himetan probably being one of the most known, for example.

But yes, the no group mixing does seem weird.
    They could finish the concerts with W-Keyaki or the Taiyou song they both share.

Ohwell, we'll see where it all leads, but I wouldn't be surprised if things stayed like this.

17. ZenigameX

ZenigameX Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanimarika
    5th day sales: 16,481 (795,933)

• Informative Informative x 4
  18. Hiraishin

Hiraishin Member

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    How's the Total sales glass wo ware first week?

19. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. Lalo Martins

Lalo Martins Member

Oshimen:
    Kudo Riko (48), Takase Kurumi
    Twitter:
    martins_lalo
    I don't even know if there's a ceiling anymore. They have their own shows, their own TV program, they do jobs on their own. The only two aspects left are singles and handshakes.