1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

IZONE News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by ForrestFuller, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Endorsi

Endorsi Member

Oshimen:
    Endo Sakura
    hope this helps: IZ-ONE kprofile
    speaking of TWICE, i hope what had happened to them in Jakarta doesn't happen to our girls should they do a SEA tour

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. Momorin

Momorin Kenkyuusei

Don't remind me :(

Hopefully it doesnt! SEA fans can be a bit extreme

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. StrayDogFreedom

StrayDogFreedom Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Manaka
    The more I see the final group the more I like it :omg:.
    Even Chaeyeon. Probably... in time...

If only Nayoung and Doah were in it instead of Hyewon and Minju though...
    Hyewon and Minju do provide some good visual balancing between the tall and the short members and they're not at all unpleasant personality-wise but Hyewon without Sato is like having your arm but not your shoulder and Minju is pretty but...

I wonder if any of the big wigs are talking about a Korean 48G group, that's what I've been hoping for since the beginning.

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. mutomu

mutomu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Muto Tomu
    Actualy I know about this site, and it helps me a lot to create the wiki page for them.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    The problem is that Minju and Hyewon kind of both fill the same role (pretty face, nice girl, bland performer). I think it's good for the group to have one of them, but not both.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. Ally_

Ally_ Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    Someone listed 6 specific KTrainees names on twitter that will be going on Japan on September around the 3rd elimination episode and everyone on that list made the final group. Those 6 were Chaeyeon, Yuri, Eunbi, Hyewon, Minju and Yujin. The list was pretty random so people brushed it off.

Probably pure luck at guessing idk

7. HogwartsHokage

HogwartsHokage Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    Yeah, that was one issue I had with the final lineup. I was expecting one of them to debut - particularly Hyewon because of her rising popularity and my slight bias towards her and Satomina - but not both of them at the same time. As much as I like Hyewon, I kept mixing her and Minju up several times throughout the show because of their similar looks and personalities. Now that they're in the group together, I'll now have to worry about mixing them up even more.

I hope that both of them will grow and discover their true distinct selves fully during their time in the group. :)

• Like Like x 3
  8. JEEY

JEEY Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Yess! I really like it. The melody and chord progression sounds Japanese while the music sounds like Japanese producer trying to make Kpop music like Teacher teacher

Sent from my SM-C710F using Tapatalk

9. riduch

riduch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    That's what I thought too, also don't forget sakura who's also visual only-no talent, 3 are too many. But hey in AKB/nogi/keyaki senbatsu usually out of 16-23 only up to 3 can sing and the other are minju-hyewon-sakura to begin with, so it is what it is I guess

• Dislike Dislike x 7
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
  10. JEEY

JEEY Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Hyewon is practicing her rap, so please don't count her as visual only hha

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    Actually, 好きになちゃうだろう's composer is also Teacher Teacher's composer (Hayakawa Hirotaka, Belex) so no wonder that both of them sound Kpop-ish
    Screenshot_2018-09-05-15-29-33-1.png

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  12. JEEY

JEEY Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    And guys, this is my opinion but, the ones who voted this lineup are Korean. Even if Mnet was somehow involved in the lineup, Mnet staff are Korean.

What I'm trying to say is that korean are known to be very strict about their idols skills(singing, dancing), body shape, etc. So if they are okay with this lineup, I do think iZONE will do just fine.

• Like Like x 2
  13. HogwartsHokage

HogwartsHokage Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    ^ For some reason, I feel like you're sort of simplifying it more than it actually is. I keep hearing that the Korean public in general as a whole don't follow K-pop idols that often, so I'm not sure if there are even enough people there to care about how good their skills are, let alone supporting them by buying their albums and what not.

Haha, when I saw those names pop up on the screen, I was like "oh hey, those names look familiar..." [hehe]

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Agree, but I find Minju not so untalented. I think it's just one of those people who never had to train specific skills and it's quite unsure about them now. God know that TWICE members have the same problem from time to time even if they are way bigger than IZONE is now. She'll get better. I'm still unsure about Hyewon, but that's on me. They shown her "Minami story" so much that it ended up annoying me. Hopefully she'll surprise me along the way.

Hori is my first Oshi and I like her more than anyone else, but God knows she could barely sing even before she was in bad conditions :cold: but I won't bash everyone like that lol You're quite risking your life there [hehe]

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. riduch

riduch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Hori is my number one fave too in Nogi. after following akb, nogi, keyaki for 4 years now, I don't really mind about it anymore. It's not bashing by the way, it is what it is lol.

I guess this group would be fine. I mean if all the talented girls got in, 12 are too many anyway, they would get few lines and that would be a concern too. So on contrary of what I said earlier, this lineup l kind of ideal for the talented to shine even more.

Hyewon was good at boombayah, but pretty bland on the other 2 songs. Hope for the best, I kinda like her since she's quite an eye candy also her attitude is good too.

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. sno_rpg

sno_rpg Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I understand the dislike on Hyewon and Minju. I guess it's just preferences. I like some talented trainees, I like some who are mediocre, and I like some who need help. Hyewon is one of my 12picks since the start, maybe it's because of her appearance. Her sole market is her innocent image, but guess what, when Boombayah happened, I liked her even more. I find Minju interesting. But because of my own preference, I prefer Hyewon than her. Through the course of the show, Hyewon risk her image and went to rap (inevitable due to Boombayah but in position evaluation she gambled) while Minju is showing improvement but still has zero personality. I might die saying this but throughout the show, Minju was playing the Sohye card even though she really is talented. I just don't like her sulking at first and always seeks help from her members. It feels like she doesn't want to show her full capability and it annoyed me.
    But anyway, we have 2 of them in the final lineup and I'm excited to see them grow. Hoping for a big improvement from them when their contract expires and hopefully they debut in their own respective groups.

• Agree Agree x 6
  17. Shirase Miyuki

Shirase Miyuki Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    For some reason this whole Hyewon-Minju discussion reminded me of the Annin-Renacchi one [hehe]

But don't worry, Minju is more than you imagine, you'll probably see that in variety shows. Just wait and see :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Edgyeiji

Edgyeiji Kenkyuusei

Well I’m sold on Kwon Eunbi. At first I was perplexed by her initial high rankings as her official photo on PD48 did her no favor. But boy, she’s soo magnetic on stage! She sings and dances with charisma to boot! Goddess!

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Merika

Merika Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takeuchimiyu
    Personally I feel like the lineup was rigged. It is waaay to similar to the lineup of the 2nd elimination which hid the ranks prior. Minju & Yuri were only in the top 12 within those instances, and only 3 Japanese girls with it being the EXACT same 3 (Sakura, Nako, Hitomi) when majority of the time it was 5-6 girls in the lineup. Miho is loved in Korea & Miyu has a big fanbase, and we’re suppose to believe they just dropped to 15-17 just because?

The real kicker is how some people say that the general public gets more involved towards the finale, yet the vote amount is no different then usual. Meaning that the lineup shouldn’t have been that different from usual.

It’s gonna be weird trying to get into the group knowing Mnet made a fixed lineup.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  20. sakusakukamen

sakusakukamen Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    I thought whoever whinning "Sakura is visual only etc" is just a noob. I bet they don't even watch Sakura in PD48. They've been caught by Sakura's image when she's still 18...

• Agree x 9
    • Disagree x 7
    • Dislike x 3
    • Winner x 2
    • Like x 1