1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The MNL48 Thread

Discussion in 'General MNL48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jul 11, 2018.

1. angelkinetic

angelkinetic Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yabukinako
    I've watched the three episodes and yeah its quite interesting to watched but imo I prefer a once a week episode for 30mins to an hour rather 13-15 mins every day....
    Kinda how japanese shows do it

2. dunkindonato

dunkindonato Upcoming Girls

They're not quite there yet, though. I'd like to think I-school is just "preparatory" to a full-fledged show. Notice that their topic seems to center around what idols are and the girls' understanding of it. My hope is that they'll also orient the audience regarding the other facets of idols like being variety entertainers, models (okay, maybe not gravure, but just plain modeling). Once the public has a better understanding of who they are and what they're supposed to do, it would be easy to bring in those Bingo-type shows.

PS. The sound effects are toned down somewhat last night. Either someone higher up noticed it too, or someone's been lurking here again. :fear:

3. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    or maybe you told them aboUt it you Dirty Alien!

Is it just going to be the top 9 girls only for this show? I want to see the other girls too.

And will any of them go to Japan yet?

4. dunkindonato

Naaah, it wasn't me.

I've seen in Instagram some of the girls wearing similar outfits so maybe the others will appear as the weeks go by. It makes sense that the Top 7 or 8 would get first dibs on opportunities.

As for getting sent to Japan, well Ash has resumed her schooling, and Alice is juggling her nursing duties with her work. So it's probably not going to happen in the immediate future.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. UnagiSushi48

UnagiSushi48 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    UnagiSushi48
    I uploaded my fourth MNL48 video on YouTube today! It's about my thoughts on Episodes 01 to 03 of MNL48 I-School! :)

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 3
  6. Are-Kun

Are-Kun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatatesaho
    Episodes up.

Also, I learned something today: I didn't know the number of "La's" in Aitakatta is deliberately 48. Cool lol

Coach Angel is fun. Throws in humor in all the right places. Hopefully she's a permanent stay in I-school haha

7. UnagiSushi48

UnagiSushi48 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    UnagiSushi48
    The 48 thing IS pretty cool! :D Unfortunately...

...WHY THE SOUND EFFECTS???? WHY?? WHY???????????????

Sorry for the capital letters, guys, but.... :(

8. teokun

teokun Kenkyuusei

Well we had daily dramas here. It's in our culture I think. And this format is much better if they will show this on tv.
    Well for me I also like weekly shows which I can watch in one sitting unlike daily shows.

9. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    "WHAAAAT" :wall::wall::wall:

10. chimew9

chimew9 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    I have a feeling the next to show up is teacher Luke lol

11. roze_street

roze_street Kenkyuusei

I'm happy that MNL48 management finally decided on a good thing and started an akb48-like show. But I really think it should be more funny. I feel like most of the 'jokes' are a bit forced.

Maybe they should hire a real comedian to make the show look more naturally funny?

On a positive note, I get to know more about the girls (top 8) a bit more and see their characters.

On a different but possible related thing - IZONE had a vlive and randomly they sang Aitakatta a bit.

I don't know but is it possible that they will include it in their debut album? Suddenly, I'm a bit worried for MNL48. Kpop fans will probably compare and I don't know if that will be good for mnl48...

I just hope MNL48 management will use this time (September) to really officially release the song and release the unfiltered MV before IZONE gets to cover it in their debut album this October.

This could just not be the case. Lol

12. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Should we really care what KPop fans think? At this point, Filipino KPop fans have probably already heard of MNL48 and its either they've already written off MNL48 or are ok with the group.

Them not liking MNL for having an 'aitakatta' version just like that P48 group might have one doesn't sound like it'll change anything.

With that said though, are there still no update when Aitakatta will be released?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Unggoy

Unggoy Kenkyuusei

As a general rule, the 'random' Filipina has a better voice than a random Korean or Japanese. As we saw in Produce 48, the majority of the 48g didn't really sing that well at first, either. Also since MNL48 is the idol you can meet and IZONE is not, it shouldn't be any different than comparing MNL48 to literally any Kpop group. Unless IZONE is suddenly a Korean version of the 48g--which it doesn't look like it--I don't think there's any more of a problem. Not that there aren't problems, just that IZONE won't be making it worse.

14. roze_street

roze_street Kenkyuusei

If IZONE will indeed cover Aitakatta, those idol fans especially kpop fans that is starting to like MNL48 thanks to Produce 48 might write off MNL48 once again since their preferred group is already doing the same song.

I just thought it will be wrong timing, is all. I think it's best for MNL48 management to use the TIME now to push and promote MNL48's Aitakatta while they can still promote it without any competition.

But but we still don't know if IZONE will be covering any 48G songs so this might possibly be not a big deal. lol

This. I really hope they will release it soon.

15. jejomarjagna3

jejomarjagna3 Kenkyuusei

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  16. Musica

Musica Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kuranoonarumi
    Thoughts?
    image.jpeg

17. Asuka Loves Walls

Asuka Loves Walls Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    Seriously, wth is their problem with the Filipino language? There are lots of OPM songs today that have deep Filipino/Tagalog words and they have no issues with it. Jisas.

Formal tagalog words on songs are usual since songs are technically effin' poems and poems have no problems using formal words because it has to be poetic. It's not a natural means of communication. It follows certain form, rhyming and rhythm, etc. Lol don't want give lectures here but I don't get Filipinos who get cringe with their own language.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    o_O what's the problem with filipino people in enternet? so many abasements to MNL48 :gavel:

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. dunkindonato

The Japanese being used in idol songs are not exactly common usage either, though.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura

Ten bucks they all failed in their Jose Rizal studies... cuz I blame Deep Tagalog on him!