1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Watanabe Miyuki (Mirukii) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'NMB48 Graduated Members' started by wendychi, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    her new song is good
    my dream is for mirukii to sing an anime opening

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Story about the concert:

"Watanabe Miyuki Milky who graduated from NMB 48 in August 2016 and retired from the entertainment industry declared the resumption of entertainment activities in July this year. At the same time, I announced that "11th LIVE TOUR 2018 ~ Milky Land is it!" The first day of the tour was held at Zapp Tokyo on the 19th.

Advance tickets sold out in no time. As expected, Watanabe boasted the top class popularity at NMB 48. The venue was filled with fans who held such platinum tickets, waiting for Watanabe to appear.

Milky said, "Everyone, I wanted to see you all, let's have fun together today," reported a revival with a smile."

29734100dd0247bb1dd10e481b50d427.jpg

a63189b3b105c856b8fec201871331fe.jpg

https://netallica.yahoo.co.jp/news/20180919-64698362-dwango

• Like Like x 4
  3. icecream

icecream Kenkyuusei

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  4. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Concert in Osaka on the 21st.

"Greeting from the waiting fans, greeted with a pink pen light and a big "Milky" call, "Miss Osaka people, I just wanted to see ..." Milky Smile full of faces. "I'm very happy to see all of you who support me like this and I am thankful that your support is a really big one for me."

20180921-00338167-nksports-000-view.jpg

https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20180921-00338167-nksports-ent

• Like Like x 2
  5. Pheebs

Pheebs Upcoming Girls

MV for Milky Land <3

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 4
  6. Under The Ribbon

Under The Ribbon Member

She's back!:1st:
    Came to this thread hoping to see someone post a report from the concert, but seeing how excited people are, I felt like I should say hi too.
    I feel like people nowadays are more and more accepting of older girls continuing on as idols. Is it just me?

7. goratnik

goratnik Member

Oshimen:
    Akimoto Yasushi
    Twitter:
    goratnik
    My bet is that if you were to show these girls to an unaware foreigner, in most cases he would likely think they are U-18. Good mimicry.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    Oops sorry I just returned from Japan yesterday, and was too tired then. But I promise I'll write one soon! I was meaning to anyway eventually xD

9. Matto

Matto Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hara Karen
    I talk about my experience at the Zepp concert on the NMB Takoyaki Party podcast.

My report starts at 24:18

• Like Like x 1
  10. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    Lol listened to your report/take on Milky's concert. I didn't realise Ano Hi was your favourite song! It's one of mine too even since the previews haha.

Also, yeah the tics were about 5000 JPY each haha. And yeah, the duration was about 1 hr 20 mins I think. Tokyo was about the same length too probs It did feel kind of short yes, but just to let the other two there know, it didn't feel like a rip-off lol. Yes, we all wished it was longer, but she did perform all the songs in full. In fact, the reason why it seemed kinda short is because she took really short breaks though. Even her interludes were fairly short. And yeah the fact she only had 2 MCs and they weren't very long haha. I do think she was really focused on just showing us her performance and growth in the past 2 years we couldn't see her, and the concert imo really did serve its purpose well for that. Well I'll write more about that in my own personal report (which I'll hopefully get to tomorrow hahaha)

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  11. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    So, I was very hardworking today, and decided to write my entire Milky live report. Tbh, I was able to write this much because I could revisit the lives through the Niconico stream haha. Anyhow hope you all enjoy it XD

It's gonna be a pretty lengthy post cause I had a lot of feels, so please read only if interested. I'm warning you lol.

Last week, on the 19th of September, former NMB48 member Watanabe Miyuki or Milky (as she is fondly known as) celebrated her 25th birthday, and threw a comeback live after 2 years of being away from showbiz.

The live was titled Watanabe Miyuki 1st Live Tour 2018 ~Milky Land da yo ne~ and was held in Zepp Tokyo. She also made a stop in Osaka at Namba Hatch on the 21st of September.

[​IMG]
    She did drop hints of a possible showbiz comeback throughout the whole of 2017, but of course nothing was confirmed, and there was no way we could know for sure. However, in mid-July this year, she opened an official website, and announced her comeback; the first of the events being the comeback lives.

Although I have actually seen Milky perform with NMB before at both NMB concerts and even in a smaller setting like theatre, I realised I have never properly watched her live performances. This was because by the time I became a big fan of Milky from around 2015, I didn’t get to go see her or NMB live again even until she graduated in mid-2016.

I was somewhat filled with regret back then because I hadn’t watched her properly in any of the concerts and lives I actually attended. Milky had said not long before she graduated that what she had wanted most was for people to watch and enjoy her performances. Those words had never left my mind for these past 2 years, and I promised myself that I’ll definitely properly watch her perform live one day if the opportunity comes by.

Hence, when she unexpectedly announced that her comeback was going to kick off with solo lives, I wanted to be there in her live audience by hook or crook. Initially, I was planning in going to only one of the lives, but since the dates were so close to each other, I decided to take the plunge and apply for both with my friend (and it was also a chance to take one week of leave from work haha).

And that’s how I ended up going for both her Tokyo and Osaka lives. As the setlist for both the concerts are exactly the same, I will try to combine my impressions of songs/performances into one report, and bring up individuals points of both lives (if necessary).

First, let’s talk about the live performances.

1. Milky Land (1st Perf)

After they played the intro animation video (which by the way was hilarious and everyone SHOULD WATCH IT), the first song Milky Land started playing; and slowly, Milky’s silhouette appeared behind the red curtains.
    [​IMG]
    Being in the live venue then particularly in Tokyo, the hype of the audience was on an all-time high because we were finally going to see Milky standing on stage again after all this time. Then the curtains unravelled itself, and there Milky was right in front of our eyes dressed like a princess of a fairytale, fitting to the theme of her concert.
    [​IMG]
    To be honest, when she first came out, it felt so surreal like a dream I couldn’t believe actually came true. At that moment, the regret I held onto for the past 2 years evaporated away, and nothing else mattered anymore because Milky was right there performing in front of my very eyes. I really like how for this very first performance, Milky just spent the whole time singing earnestly from her heart, smiling in gratitude to all of us there in the audience. I really like how she took the time just to live in that moment and properly convey her appreciation to everyone for being there for her. Even the first song was already so heartfelt and moving that I knew it was going to turn out to be quite a show haha.

2. WINTER LOVE ~Watashi no Yeah Yeah~

The first of the Tsunku songs that Milky performed at the live. Now I’m going to admit that when I first heard the previews of this song, I wasn’t exactly digging it. To me, it just sounded like your typical Tsunku Morning Musume or H!P song haha. But then, at the live, when I watched Milky bring the performance to life, I realised just what an incredible live song it was. The call and response included in the song that encouraged the audience participation was a lot of fun!
    [​IMG]
    Also, I really couldn’t help but to smile along with Milky who was happily dancing and running across stage with a wide smile on her face. Milky grew up being a HUGE fan of Hello!Project, so having Tsunku their producer produce songs for her…it’s something she could have never imagined. Her delight and enthusiasm in being able to perform the song really showed. Ah, that signature Milky smile haha.

3. Ringo Uruwashi Minori no Kisetsu

Ah, this song. I love how she was performing it still in her pink princess dress because the intro to it sounds like some Disney theme song. Also, that “hashiru hashiru hashiru (run, run, run) at the beginning is so iconic. The choreography was sooo cute. I especially love the part where Milky draws on the floor like a kid haha. After the thrill and excitement of the first two songs, I thought it was a sweet, cute song to transition into. It was very relaxing and chill, and it was basically just Milky being the sweetheart we love and adore lol. I mean how can you resist the English parts at the bridge?!

“Honey honey take me to the Milky Way.

lovery lovery you’re my angel”

Tic tac tac tic tac fall in love…”

4. Yasashiku Suru Yori Kisu wo Shite

Then, we jump into the first of the nostalgia tracks aka Milky’s first solo single song Yasashiku Suru Yori Kisu wo Shite. And boy, everyone sure was excited for that. I don’t exactly have much comments on this since it was just our classic Milky. Due to my lateness in becoming Milky’s fan, I never actually got to see this performed live, so being able to see it not just once but twice (at both Tokyo and Osaka) was definitely a treat hehe.

5. Asynmetry

No, that’s not me misspelling the word. When you saved the previews from Milky’s official site, that’s the spelling that comes out, so I’m just going to leave it as that haha. Anyway, there was an intro of a short skit of some kind of childhood love scene which was acted out by two kids. It was simple but played in well to the theme of the song. That was when Milky also went for her first costume change. Then, when she came out to perform the song, she came out in this white outfit that really reminded me of a white version of her Boku wa Inai outfit with the flowers she wore on her head too ;_;
    [​IMG]
    Can you see it? Haha. That itself added to the emo feels of the song. It really felt like a song for star-crossed lovers, and Milky’s voice was so sweet it hurt. How does she seriously emote herself so well? Danggg

6. Otome Gokoro Candy

Then of course, Milky completely goes and changes the mood to this fun and cute song. I bet most people thought this was the genre Milky is best at, and would have stuck to. But I’m so glad all her new songs had so many different styles and approaches. Oh yeah, so she threw some candy at the lives, and I was too far behind to get any of them. But we did buy some candy and have them after the live! The candies were limited goods which you could only get at the live venues. They were kinda cherry flavoured I think. Surprisingly, they actually tasted pretty good. Both sweet and sour as described in the song haha.

Anyway, this song really reminded me of just why we had always referred to Milky as the idol of idols. Her natural charm, sweetness, and smile, you can’t help but be just completely drawn into her world. That’s her power XD

7. Zipper

Nostalgia round 2 incoming haha. Maybe I’m biased but I always find that Zipper is best performed by Milky. I just really love the way she expresses herself in the performance, and also her ideal body proportions. Girl ;_;

Anyway, I’m sure most people already know, but she picked a fan from the audience for the part to unzip her outfit. And everyone basically went wildddd lol. But here’s what I’ve been kind of curious about. While the guy in the Osaka live (as you can see on stream) did look like he was having fun and having the time of his life, and I thought that was good…

However, the guy in the Tokyo live was just really strange and awkward. As the first time happened in Tokyo, the surprise factor was there, but it kind of made the atmosphere weird cause of that. While the Osakan one seemed real to me, I actually wondered if the Tokyo one was staged (like they got a random extra) just to test our reactions, and then only do it for real in Osaka. Or if Tokyo dude was really a fan too. Oh well either way it was still a fun performance all in all. As expected of Milky xD

8. Perfect Girl

At this point, Milky went for her 2nd costume change, and so her dancers came out as part of an interlude. I thought they transitioned really well in this part to present another completely different side of Milky.
    [​IMG]
    And then when she appeared back again, dang just check out that aura. All she’s doing is standing, but it’s so powerful. Also, looking good in that red! So, this was the song with a lot of Milky posing. What I really love about this and Milky’s performances in general is just how even with simple poses and movements, she does them with so much confidence and conviction it’s so alluring. She’s always just truly been a master of expressions.

9. Myself

As if Perfect Girl wasn’t enough, Milky went out to perform Myself which completely slayed. This one hit me really hard because I grew to love Milky from seeing her cool, bad-ass side from around the Don’t Look Back era, and this really brought me back to that time. Her stage presence and aura is really something! I also love the message of the song. It talks about how everyone has secrets they don’t want to tell, and though people may always be smiling and laughing, who knows what lies underneath all that? It’s a song which Milky sings about how there may be rumours here and there about her, and people talk as if they know everything about her. In the end of the day, what you want to think is up to you, but in the end, she is still herself (she sings that at the very last line). It’s too bad you can’t see her ending gaze clearly in the stream because it was so intense and powerful it gave me goosebumps ;_;

10. Yuugure Sentimental

Okay, I bet you thought I was going to be all praise for Milky, but as much as I love Milky, I still can’t get into this song even after two times seeing it live and then trying to watch the video stream of it. I mean Milky was cute as always, but I personally just wasn’t feeling this song. Sorry Tsunku, this was completely a miss for me. I could have done without this song tbh haha.

11. Ano hi no Sora to Watashi no Mirai

Before performing this last song before encore, Milky expressed her gratitude to the people who helped produce the new songs, and make the concerts possible. She also talked about how the fans’ support was something that was a very big thing to her, and so she wanted to give back to everyone who has been supporting her all this time with this song. Yes, feels train incoming.

Actually ever since I heard the previews, I already loveeeed this song. Everything from the interesting arrangement, the bittersweet melody and how well Milky’s voice fit with it. However, from the lives, I fell in love with it even more.

It’s basically a very uplifting feel-good song about growing up, learning from your mistakes, and embracing yourself. For example, in the chorus, Milky sings about how we all can’t be strong all the time. We get hurt, we face setbacks, but yet we keep on living. And at the very last part of the chorus, she sings about how she wants to make us smile, and be our hero *cries*
    [​IMG]
    It was so heartfelt and sincere my poor heart ahhhh. Like the whole importance of treasuring what you have even the smallest things and just going towards the future. I know it sounds corny but her feelings of really wanting to go on this journey ahead with us though she may not know where exactly it leads, that really came across. Even without her saying the exact words, when she sang of wanting to be our hero, it was as though she was telling us that just as how we had been there for her, she wanted to give back and be there for us too. Milkyyyyy ;_;

12. Warukii

So, this was the encore. We called out Milky’s name, but instead of Milky coming out, Warukii did haha. Well, this song has been so symbolic of Milky all these years, and the performances never disappoint. Many 48G girls have done covers for this song, but there’s really no better version than Milky herself.
    [​IMG]
    I think when Milky had first left NMB, she actually wanted to detach herself from this Warukii character and start anew. I mean being a “fisher” and all doesn’t really have positive nuances. But after some time, I think Milky came to realise that even her character; it was an important side to her that people came to know and love. Also, we all knew that Milky wasn’t only about Warukii - she had many other charms and unique characteristics that make her who she is. It took her some time, but I’m glad she has really come to embrace herself more be it who she really is a person as well as who she is as a professional on stage etc.

13. Milky Land (Encore)

After they brought out the cake and we sang Happy Birthday for her, then Milky went on to her final performance of the night, Milky Land Round 2. Haha. This time, she actually danced to it haha. It was all so adorable, and true to Milky. I really didn’t want it to end XD

[​IMG]
    All I know is by the end of both the concerts, I have come to love Watanabe Miyuki even more than before. Though the live was only about 1 hour 30mins or less, somehow I didn’t feel shortchanged at all. Performance wise, I found myself completely satisfied, and glad that I’ve come. While I did want to hear more MCs from Milky, it did seem like she was just really focused on bringing her performance to us and letting us see just how much she had grown.

I don’t know if it was just me, but for some reason, I thought Milky sounded a lot more nervous in Osaka than in Tokyo. Her vocals also I thought were more steady in the earlier Tokyo live, but maybe she was fatigued. Also, maybe she was also more aware as Osaka was being live streamed after all. But really all in all, her vocals have improved so much. They still need work here and there, but she sings with so much more conviction and confidence now compared to before. Also, it was almost all entirely live singing (except for certain parts here and there), so great job there Milky <3

Man was it a thrilling rollercoaster ride. She really made me feel a range of so many different emotions those two nights.

Final Thoughts

In order to attend Milky Land, I took one-week leave off work, flew to Japan and travelled across Tokyo and Osaka to attend both lives. So, of course it wasn’t cheap, but the question is, was it worth it? My answer is HECK YEAH! During the past 2 years, since she wasn’t really doing that much except maybe make occasional posts, I thought I would just naturally fall out of my interest in her. For some reason or another though, I couldn’t keep my eyes off her.

Not only was I closely following her on her SNS, I also found myself being one of the many fans just wanting to support her in whatever way or form I could. Thus, watching her comeback and just seeing her shining and beaming on stage as a new, improved version of herself was a very emotional moment for me too personally. Those memories of the lives are something I’ll never forget. I have nothing but thankful feelings to Milky <3

Other Highlights

- At both the Tokyo and Osaka lives, there were SO MANY GIRLS in the audience! Pretty much girls everywhereeee! I mean I always knew Milky had a substantial female fanbase, but it was waaay more impressive than I even expected it to be. It even felt to me like there were more girls than guys. Or even if not, the ratio of guys-girls were about equal. You could see girls as young as schoolgirl age up to older female fans in their 30s or 40s. I know Milky must have lost some fans during her 2 years of absence, but it was so nice seeing so many other girls being so supportive of her. I was really happy for her ;_;

- Being there to celebrate MILKY’S BIRTHDAY! I have never been to a birthday stage before or celebrated my favourite idol/bias/singer on their actual birthday before. The Tokyo live was held on Milky’s actual birthday, so it was a very special moment being able to be there to watch her beam and shine on her 25th birthday. I also got to celebrate her again in Osaka as a bonus too! Heheheh.

- Milky’s issue with her BIRTHDAY CANDLES. So, in Tokyo, for Milky’s birthday cake, I think they actually got her more candles to represent her 25th birthday as compared to Osaka. However, Milky was failing and having difficulty blowing out all her candles. She must have almost 10 attempts even. It was hilarious. So, to make her life easier, they lessened the number of candles on her birthday cake in Osaka. Hahah.

- Milky’s natural LOVABLE CHARACTER on stage! Apart from not being able to blow her candles properly, Milky also had some really cute, dumb moments. I don’t remember them exactly; but they include like fumbling and messing up her words, not properly remembering her own song titles, making mistakes in her MCs and then laughing at herself etc. The more I watched Milky, the more I felt like she was just so good at making her human flaws and qualities her appeal point. It was clear she wasn’t perfect; she was just so human and real. Not only was she able to present herself in a easy and relatable way, she was also able to be sweet and endearing at the same time. It’s quite a skill ;_;

- The HANDWRITTEN LYRICS on the screen. The handwritten lyrics that came up on screen sometimes (as you can also see in the stream); it was all written by Milky! That really gave a very cute, personal touch, and I loved it! However, I wish they had included lyrics on screen to all the songs so that I could follow along with the songs more. Oh well. XD

- This is a downside but having to stand all the way AT THE BACK in the Tokyo concert. Okay, if anyone of you have been to livehouses in Japan before, generally it’s always all-standing on the 1st floor. For the Tokyo concert, our ticket number was really far behind, so we were standing all the way at the back. However, it was on the somewhat elevated ground, so we could actually see the overview of the whole stage. And the hall isn’t that big, so it would have been all right if there wasn’t Mr. Tall Guy few people in front of me. So, I was like hmmm no problem I will just look at the VTR screen, but everytime he raised his uchiwa, he ended up blocking even the screen. I had to keep steering to the side to see Milky and the stage or even tiptoe etc. But at the rare moments when he bended down, I could actually see the entire stage haha.

- Well, that was a bummer for me, but in Osaka, there were SEATS! This was because by some chance, we got tickets in the 2nd floor. And in the 2nd floor, it’s a very limited number, but it’s all sitting (about 100 seats). As we actually had numbered seats, we didn’t even need to enter venue early, and could just do so close to the live start time just like VIPs. It was so great, and I was so happy because I could sit down and relax, and see the entire live clearly. We were actually in the last row of the 2nd floor, but since the hall isn’t too big, we could see everything very clearly. Also, we got to see some of former and current NMB members who came to see the concert in Osaka aka Fuuchan, Aayan, Kokochan, Nanami and Natsuu. Well to be honest, I had only really noticed Fuuchan and Aayan oops. Fuuchan turned to wave at people too, and she made eye contact and waved at my friend, so that was a great added bonus for him haha.

- FREEBIES! I love freebies. Hehehe. So, for the Tokyo live since it was Milky’s actual birthday, Milky’s birthday committee gave each concert goer a free uchiwa. It was reaaally cute too. I love it! And after the concert, the concert staff also gave her a small book titled “二年間“(These 2 Years) written by Milky herself on her struggles and hardships in the past 2 years up to the point of how she got to where she is today. It’s 48 pages long, and a very up close and personal account. I have skimmed through it, but yet to read it properly, so will do that soon! XD

Not my photo but my friend’s photo haha. That’s the uchiwa, the otome candies, the small book as well as the Milky Land single you could get at the venue for 1000 JPY. I did get a copy myself too XD
    [​IMG]

And since this report is already long enough anyway, here’s photos of me and my gaijin crew at Milky’s Tokyo and Osaka concert! Haha.

[​IMG]
    Team Tokyo posing with Zepp Tokyo

[​IMG]
    Team Osaka posing with “Milky” haha

Anyway, thank you for taking the time in reading everything. Sorry, I know it’s reaaally long. I just had a lot of feels XD

Hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed Milky’s lives haha!

Cheers,

Ven

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
    • Like Like x 12
    • Winner Winner x 2
  12. Merlin54

Merlin54 Next Girls Stage48 Donor

"Milky Land" Osaka performance 09/21

"Perfect Girl"

" Winter Love"

"I prefer a kiss over your kindness"

"Warukii"

Cr: uploaders (Sorry, not in running order)

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  13. Merlin54

I had to put this in a separate post because I kept getting an error message about maximum of 5 Media per message.

"Zipper"

What a lucky guy!

14. Ririe

Ririe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nagatomo Ayami
    ^ He did a good job, looked so enthusiastic. When Milky sat next to him, they really looked like that couple where the guy knows is chance for being with such a gorgeous girl.

• Like Like x 1
  15. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    Well if people want to watch the full stream for the Osaka concert, it's here

• Like Like x 4
  16. Merlin54

Milky served as Chief of Police for a day. Article also mentions her meeting Sayanee.

Milky police chief for a day.jpg

"Former NMB 48 Miyuki Watanabe (25) served as chief of police for the day at Nishiwa police station of Nara prefectural police on 26th. Revealing that she met Sayaka Yamamoto (25) who was also in NMB48, by chance, on the 21st, "We talked about Yamamoto's opening graduation concert on October 27, and said 'Do your best'.""

https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20180926-00000140-spnannex-ent

• Like Like x 2
  17. Under The Ribbon

Under The Ribbon Member

Kinda amazing how Milky and Sayaka basically began their solo careers at the same time, isn't it:shifty:

18. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    Subbed the Milky Land song cause I felt like it!
    Enjoy!

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  19. Stolichnaya Vodka

Stolichnaya Vodka Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Miyuki
    I'm so happy to see Milky making a comeback! Even after 2 years, she really seems like she's at the top of her game!!

• Like Like x 1
  20. チームさや姉推し

チームさや姉推し Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Anyone know of a way we can buy Milky Land CD ;w;

• Agree Agree x 1