1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I guess it's for things like:

akb48 senbatsu sousenkyo 2017 okinawa.png

Plus the kennins (which up until now they have been reserved for actual SG members).

• Like Like x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Where are the myth busters???

Where is my water slides AKS

3. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    And conversely, the point is that excluding a sister group Kami 7 member is less surprising/unheard of than excluding an AKB Kami 7 member. There are far fewer slots allocated to each sister group than for AKB in the flagship's singles, so the snub is more severe.

You mean like they did to Takahashi Team 4 :D

They love plundering anything that happens to work in order to shore up their favourites.

tbh all the other stuff mentioned above is tangential. The real reason a lot of people see them as a separate group is because they act like one. I don't mean they have separate activities, or their own branding, or any of that. I mean the girls themselves mostly just hang out with other eitos. Specifically other 1st gen eitos. Occasionally certain ones will venture out and spend time with non-eito members, but mostly they are this separate clique within AKB. I wouldn't be surprised if the team kennins were meant to break this up a bit and form cross-team friendships, so fans of girls on either side could come to appreciate both Team 8 and non-Team 8 members.

Which is not to say AKB4 don't have their little groups of friends, but they are more porous--there's more crossover, more chances for a fan of one girl to follow her friend into a completely separate group of girls.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    I wish I could press the like button more time on this. But well, Takahashi 4 need to go and save other teams. And as of now, I am pretty satisfied with my Team K lol.

I would like to add on this. I didn't have information on team A and B, but both K and 4 have severe problems initially in the stage because exactly of this problem. The 8 and AKB4 members are too different -- and they almost never work together. This is pointed out quite clearly in teams interview (in AKB Newspaper). They are all getting better; maybe except K because most of 8s in K have performed yet though.

5. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    well, except the kansais and kantos, before this they hardly even met each other outside theater performance. Don't forget most of them living in their family's house all across Japan :lol:
    Many of them said oshisashiburi when they finally perform together in a large group [hehe]
    The thing without senpai might be their unique point initially, but at later point it became more problematic. So yeah, like I said the shuffle works great both ways.

Regarding Takahashi Team 4, Minegishi Team 4 and Ori Team 4, I don't know. Haven't paid enough attention back then except to Takahashi Team 4.
    For them I think it is more like, it needed to be done as those who should lead AKB as captains are in that team. No brainer, considering what happened to the other teams. :fp:
    For the other 2 team 4, please enlighten me about the situation at that time. Would like to know the more logical reason why they need to be reshuffled/disbanded at that time.

6. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    This is not as true as you think, but it's understandable. They have more activities as a team than the other teams, they have lessons together, they travel for work together, they stay at the same hotels in Tokyo; so it's natural that you perceive it like that. Yet, they do have a lot of friendships in the other teams and even in other groups, but you probably have to follow them to understand that.

— This is surprising. When did Yuihan and Berin become so cl-...
    — McDonald's.
    — O-Oh...

I hate to use her as an example again, but Nagi has friendship with girls like Moekyun (strong), Satone, Megu, Hiwatan (strong), Ayu, (I won't mention the current Team 4 members), Nagyu, Miku, Nako, Nappi, Katomina, even Okappa, etc. But they can't really have that type of relationship where they hang out a lot, take pictures, eat ice cream and things like that because they're not usually together or they just can't. We only see what we can see, but there's a lot happening "backstage" that we don't. That's why sometimes things that @Trinu doesn't understand happen.

And I would say that the "1st gen" eitos are the ones that have stronger bonds with non-eito members since they're the ones that have a longer history of events and activities with them. It's the younger "gens", like the Meeting, that you don't see hanging out with other members as much.

And I have to disagree with this. Team 4 (if you mean the current one) has always looked pretty solid to me, as if they've been doing performances for a while. They do seem to be quite united behind the scenes, which isn't surprising since Okada and Yuiri are Team 8 rap-... fans.

https://okdnn.tumblr.com/post/175151593186/mail-june-20th
    070.jpg 071.jpg

https://twitter.com/momo_0x0_920/status/1040589479432474624
    072.jpg

And one thing I noticed is that eitos don't act as eitos on stage with 4 but as fours.

The original 4 was disbanded because it was fun to do that. Minegishi's was disbanded to fix Team K...
    ... and they didn't.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    Isn’t it because K and 4 had more eitos for their Shonichi (aka “main lineup”) than A and B? iirc A and B only had around 3-4 eitos while K and 4 had almost half

also for the “eitos only hang with eitos” thing, i’m sure Ikumin, Yamada, Nagi, Oguri have ventured outside of eito, having spent some times with the others as either kennins or senbatsu prior to the merge. Also there’s Miu & Moe and the inevitable SakuHiiNako. T4 eitos also look like they’re chummies with the rest of T4 (which i believe is because of the age and seniority gap being not that large compared to other teams that have super-senbatsu oldies like Yuihan, Miichan, Yukirin and old timers like Myao, Shiichan)

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    Have you read the Naamin-Serika interview about Team 4 Shounichi from June edition of AKB48 Newspaper? I would guess not, since AKB Newspaper is ridiculously hard to find on internet, even untranslated.

Excerpt: at first we are in seperated groups: the senpais, the 8s, the 16 gens. Even though we are in the same team we didn't talk to each other at all, so we decided to hold a meeting with all of us multiple times. The person who manage to accomplished this is the Murayama Yuiri captain.

If you are referring to my information only about K and 4, it's because I have only read information about them. I am not speculating.

• Like Like x 3
  9. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    You mean, it's natural for them to be like that, for them to be most comfortable with each other (and with the other eitos they've done the most work with, e.g. girls in their region or whatever). And it's understandable that the newer eitos pretty much only hang out with each other and not their senpai. But regardless of the reasons, it still makes them look like a separate entity. If you followed AKB4 before the latest shuffle, you weren't going to learn much about eitos, and vice versa if you followed Team 8 before the shuffle, you weren't going to learn a lot about AKB4 members because they almost never did anything together.

"They" don't. A few members, mainly those with a lot of work in Tokyo or who were given kennins in 2015, do. There were also some Team 8 members who reached out beyond that, and some AKB4 members, but mostly the two were separate systems. Hence, "occasionally certain ones will venture out and spend time with non-eito members..."

They are solid(ish) now, but it wasn't easy getting there.

Judging from MCs Yuiri is the one getting rap--the one with lots of Team 8 fans behind the scenes.

They only claimed to be trying to fix Team K, if you look at the actual shuffle they were really trying to fix A and B.

• Like Like x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

EXCUSE ME?!?!?!?!!?!? I AM SO HYPED!!

11. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    ^ ah, it was mentioned here

Been looking forward to this since the members were announced.

What are the chances of some of these other girls--like Yuiri, Moekyun, or Mogi--joining HoriPro, I wonder.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Old Old x 2
  13. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    • Informative Informative x 2
  14. Kuura

Kuura Future Girls Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
  16. hinapyon

hinapyon Member

Oshimen:
    Muto Tomu
    Twitter:
    nagekinohina
    2019 Calendar has been announced.

Selected Members

AKB48: Kashiwagi Yuki, Okada Nana, Yokoyama Yui, Muto Tomu, Oguri Yui, Yamauchi Mizuki, Takahashi Juri, Mukaichi Mion, Okabe Rin
    SKE48: Matsui Jurina, Suda Akari, Souda Sarina, Furuhata Nao, Obata Yuna, Kitagawa Ryoha, Oba Mina
    NMB48: Yoshida Akari, Shiroma Miru, Ota Yuuri
    HKT48: Sashihara Rina, Miyawaki Sakura, Tanaka Miku, Yabuki Nako
    NGT48: Ogino Yuka, Honma Hinata, Nara Miharu, Kato Minami, Nakai Rika
    STU48: Takino Yumiko

http://www.hmv.co.jp/product/detail/9229568

• Informative Informative x 4
  17. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Guess this means Miharu takes over Moeka's spot in NGT48's Top 5.

18. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    T’was pretty obvious she was planned for something big (if SSK had happened soon we probably wouldn’t see an NGT shuffle and she’d probably be Team G’s center) and now that she ranked high, management’s going all in on her push

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. Kuura

Kuura Future Girls Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    The calendar's going to be an A2-sized wall calendar. Special bonuses:
    • an original diary with lots of cheerleader photos
    • B2-sized poster
    • 3 random photos (from 29 variations)

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1