1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Tommy Idoc

Tommy Idoc Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuuka
    This just made me miss Hirari lol. Can't wait for another member like her.

2. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

10 Years Ago today. This Iconic Song was released.

if the video does not show watch the video here

What started the legend of Jurina and what began the rise of AKB48's Popularity.

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Ozeki

Ozeki Member

Oshimen:
    Nibubu
    Happy 10 years to Oogoe Diamond! the song has always been one of my favorites~

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    • Informative Informative x 2
  5. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    ^ was that commercial meant to be terrifying? I think the lighting made the girls look pretty gnarly imo

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Went to the 'Cool Japan' exhibition in the 'Tropenmuseum' in Amsterdam yesterday .... first thing we were greeted by:

IMG_1807.JPG

'One, two. three four!"

:D

And there was a plaque under a HKT48 glowstick ...(well, a missing glowstick, somebody probably nabbed it ?), but the information was ...not that good, well, it was almost misinformation ... so ... I just filled out a response form pointing out all the errors, because I'm a person that does that kind of things I guess :/

I jokingly suggested to my sister that they could replace it with my Miichan fan .... but for sure it would get swiped as ell and that would make me rather sad :/

I doubt any of you can read Dutch, but this is the information sign I talked about.
    (and yeah, they obviously didn't proof read it very well ... "49 girls, but I thought there were only 48 ?")

IMG_1808.png

btw: completely unrelated to AKB ... (ok, it does have to do with idols, and it's slightly related but on a personal level)
    They had these Idolm@ster figures on display ...
    IMG_1805.png
    I posted this earlier somewhere in the Miichan thread
    IMG_1647.jpg
    1) I think I got all of them ... (one arrived after about a year as pre-order a few months back)
    2) those are the figures that got me into AKB in the end, as the uniforms reminded a co-worker of KFC :D

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
  7. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

The Annual Bayfm meets AKB48 Stage will be on November 18th (From 17:00-19:00)

DJ: Miyazaki Miho and Kayo Noro
    Venue: bayfm STUDIO MARIVE Event space

Appearing
    Okada Nana, Kashiwagi Yuki, Takahashi Juri, Mukaichi Mion, Yokoyama Yui, Okabe Rin, Oguri Yui, Kuranoo Narumi

https://ameblo.jp/akihabara48/entry-12414095673.html

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Lemme talking about future singles, I'd like to ask ya all: would you love if a song like this is an A side?;)

Meanwhile, exchanging members was successful, I hope next year (2019) AKB48 will get exchange from sister groups aboard. Next year there can be 4 members as MNL48 & SGO48 will follow. I'd like to see the 4 members from Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, & Vietnam to perform Nagisa no Cherry. I hope Erika Ebisawa will represent JKT48.;)

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  9. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    I think they won't repeat the mistake they made with TPE48 and send a member at the get go.
    If they learned their lesson, I suppose they will wait to be sure the group's production isn't on wrong rails before doing any move.

Today 18/10/25 AKB48 made history again by releasing 2 A sides full PV on the same day.
    Very true in my time zone, not so mch in Japan though :whistle:

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
  10. mickwserr

mickwserr Kenkyuusei

11. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
  12. mickwserr

mickwserr Kenkyuusei

13. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    From the AKB China thread. AKB Team SH meets AKB48. Watch the whole thing, but AKB48 shows up at the 10 minute mark (credit to nokoru).

Added: my Chinese isn’t that good, but it’s a lot better than my Japanese. Team SH asked if the girls liked Chinese food; the answer was yes. Then Team SH invited them to go together to eat xiaolongbao tomorrow, and the date was made.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  14. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    It's funny how, due to how the Chinese girls are arranged, the AKB girls look to be almost giants.
    But Miichan is 1.58, that's not very tall ... at all ....
    you don't want to know how it would look like if you put an average height (1.71) Dutch girl in there with them :)

Screen Shot 2018-10-27 at 20.37.21-2 .png
    (ow, you can see it that well in this screenshot, but, turns out the AKB members were wearing huge heels .... and the Chinese girls flat shoes )

Miichan likes 'Shrimpu' :D

This seems to be a longer version with AKB performing KFC at the end

edit: it's kinda strange to see them perform with only 6 members :) the stage looks almost empty :/

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  15. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Ouch, the AKB48 Sousenkyo Boring Clothes Surprise book only sold 15k copies, that's less than half of the Swimsuit Surprise sales from last year. Well who could've seen that happening eh? Hopefully that'll teach those idiots that people aren't interested in a non-swimsuit book :hmm:

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
    • Dislike Dislike x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I like the book, the layout is clear, the photos are well-composed, the clothes are very smart - and all the girls' names are printed in Romaji! :D

• Like Like x 2
  17. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Easy, because he has been whining about this book for not having the usual swimsuit thing (when they couldn't do it this year because if I remember rightly, because BNK48 has a "no swimsuit thing" which is why they went with this year) for a while now to the point that it has gotten annoying.

Same here (It was very well done) and the girls look beautiful in them as well.

• Like Like x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

There's always been a certain amount of prudery on this forum, not saying that's what is behind these downvotes but it's an observation. The sales for the last 2 photobooks were around 40k so it had settled to a normal level as opposed to the hype years of AKB, you don't normally revive a patient by killing it first. And there's a simple solution if the BNK wahmen were the reason for the restriction, put them in sarongs or something with everyone else in the traditional swimsuits. Hell even a Yukata surprise book would have been interesting as opposed to the office lady uniform catalog they put out.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Euh, it might be that it's just out .... but number 10 on the list seems to be a swimsuit book .... if you are correct, shouldn't that be much higher up on the list?
    https://www.oricon.co.jp/book/406513637/

Euh ... but, but ... ok, I'll come right out, I like uniforms :)
    Half the costumes of AKB are uniforms ... it ticks one of my boxes.

20. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

That book is in it's 4th week of release iirc.

There's a book for that, maybe you got it, the AKB seifuku book released last year? SKE just released one in September.

• Dislike Dislike x 1