1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The BNK48 Thread

Discussion in 'General BNK48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Wade & Wander

Wade & Wander Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    izutarina
    Some recap from the Oishi Honey Lemon x BNK48 event.
    Damn, the girls are walking onto the yellow carpet like celebrities.

[dead link removed]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2018
  2. Wade & Wander

Wade & Wander Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    izutarina
    Looks like BNK48 is making moves into Cambodia.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpjlQ-TnYfj/

Translation:
    "Since BNK48 wants challenges and dreams of going abroad to CLMV countries, we have talked to experts like P'Od, P'Or, owners of Thai Nakhon Pattana, a big Thai private company that pioneered going to do business in many neighbouring countries for a long time. They are also the owner of Channel 5 Cambodia, the highest rated television channel, this would be a great opportunity too gain an understanding of the opportunities and obstacles, but most importantly, the chance to cooperate together in Cambodia, which is the most important thing. Thank you so much brother."

[Mod note: see posts below on double posting]

BNK48 Documentary Film was recently shown at the Tokyo International Film Festival 2018. Here is a review posted on Yahoo Japan.

https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20181031-00167462-mvwalk-movi

Translation:
    BNK48: GIRLS DON'T CRY
    "WHAT IS NECESSARY TO BECOME AN IDOL?"

In 'AKB48 53rd Single World Senbatsu General Election' held in June this year, Cherprang came in at Number 39 and Music ranked at Number 72. Starting with JKT48 (Jakarta) which was established in 2011, AKB48 has expanded to Shanghai, Taiwan and Bangkok, Thailand, where BNK48 was born It is expanding to Manila in the Philippines and Mumbai in India in 2018. Nonetheless, unless you are actively following, it is difficult to keep up with the activities from Japan. 'BNK48: Girls Don't Cry' is currently being shown at the 31st Tokyo International Film Festival', which is currently underway. If you wonder "What kind of girls are they?", "What they are their thoughts?", "What are their goals?", you will definitely see that here. Although many documentaries of the AKB48 group have been made so far, but it is extremely rare to find a work that can be regarded as a high masterpiece like this one. At the same time, while AKB48's activities may be well-known, one may know nothing of BNK48 group that is faraway in Bangkok.

This work goes back to the original debut and the real voices of the first generation from the audition of September 2016, through to the release of 3 Single songs until members from the new generation joins in. It is not a record of activities, but a documentary that records the members' 'feelings' into clear words. Starting from the question that 'If I wasn't in BNK48', a member reveals that she broke up with her boyfriend in order to join BNK48. While we hear from the words of the members through interviews, recorded images of their activities are interwoven between the moments.

The girls who have passed the audition to become members are faced with the severity of everyday training and the barriers for entering the 'Senbatsu' selection that awaits them while they struggle to find themselves. They devise methods to gain popularity on social media, and they forcefully try to project different characters. What is necessary to be an idol - is it 'Skill'? 'Character'? Or is it simply being 'Cute'? On the other hand, if you listen to the words of members who weren't selected to become a 'Senbatsu' member, it will hit you that they too have no idea what it takes to become a successful idol.

Whether is Pupe, who is looking for ways to enter the 'Senbatsu' selection, or the dilemma of 'Jib', who is unable to enter the selection despite being skilled, or the captain Cherprang who has to deal with the natural cracks that form between the members based on popularity. The film does not focus on just highlighting the popular members, but also the strong ambitions of each individual. One can surmise it is trying to say, "Please support the entire group that is called BNK48". It's surprising that there was little music heard in the movie.

In any case, the answer to the "question without an answer" in the heading will be answered in the form of the climax during 'Jane's best day'. It is a blessed happy ending, a brilliant "to be continued". As individuals, rather than as idols, the BNK48 group is admirable. This much I can say. You will involuntarily be getting goosebumps the moment the introduction song is heard at the end as the credits roll. And as you watch the last seen, you cannot help but eagerly anticipate their next documentary.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2018
  3. onego123

onego123 Member

Double posting isn't allowed.

4. Wade & Wander

Wade & Wander Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    izutarina
    Huh? What do you mean? I only posted this here once.

Is there a Rules page...I can't really find it but should probably read up on it :XD:
    First day on the forum~

5. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    There is a rules thread:
    http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/the-official-stage48-rules.13331/

Of relevance:
    Do not spam/double post/triple post – Don’t talk to yourself in a thread or bump a topic for the sake of bumping the topic. Having back-to-back posts is fine if, for example, your last post was 1 week ago on episode 2 of a series, and your newer post is on episode 3,

Note that this rule is generally interpreted to mean you can post again after 24 hours (you don't need to wait a week) or someone else has posted.

I merged your posts into one. If you have new content to add, edit your first post.

6. Wade & Wander

Wade & Wander Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    izutarina
    Awesome! Thanks! :chuffed:

7. Vellum

Vellum Kenkyuusei

Anyone know about issue "VIP Fans" a fans that can do handshake with everyone and unlimited time ?

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

8. khr100

khr100 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanakamiku
    This is a big mess in Thailand right now. It seems that this 'VIP' person is close to Bnk's CEO's wife so he got the unlimited handshake ticket which he could request the members who he wanted to shake hand with, it also seems that he could just wait in the priority lane and the members walked to him. What's even more disgusting is that he said that he has hemiparesis or something like that so he got so sit in a wheelchair int he priority lanes but he also posted the statistics from the apps of himself running and walking on his Instagram. The staff also took photos for him during the hand-shake and he posted those photos on his Instagram with awful captions and it leaked, plus they even allowed him to wear a mask like the one used in the army during the handshake which is of course aren't allowed, the staff also got him a limited postcard that was sell in the event for him. The shinainin room that is always open during the hand shake event is closed today because they wanted to live on facebook about this matter and they couldn't even do it properly. They didn't accept that he has the priority, the shihainin was going on and on about the VIP's disability and how BNK is the only hope in that guy's life and blah blah, they didn't even apologized properly. This matter has trended on twitter since last night and it keeps getting more attentions even some big headlines are starting to write about this.

9. Vellum

Vellum Kenkyuusei

Woah so its real huh...

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

10. Red13th

Red13th Member

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    unnamed.png
    BNK48 Official Application are now available on Playstore

from their app promo shot you can watch LoD by using this app
    unnamed.png
    Theater Live(same time with BNK48 campus) using 11,500 cookies (Around 1,000 Baht while theater ticket is 400 Baht).

One month unlimited using 111,500 cookies (Around 10,000 Baht)

I think rate are not officially yet, since it's very high.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  11. Wade & Wander

Wade & Wander Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    izutarina
    It's dying down now. People are still somewhat unhappy, but I get a feeling they'll probably forget about it in a few weeks.

Long story short is the guy is a friend who is a close friend of the CEO's wife (Khun Rose). The friend is pretty important and has a lot of connections that can help them expand business overseas. Anyways, I think they allowed him to come along as a VIP guest to use the priority lane, but didn't expect he would be so shameless by shaking hands with 11 girls, get official photos taken by the management team and posting it on social media (not allowed).

He also posted really crude, vulgar messages about the girls and boasted about all the freebies the management gave him. So the fanbase is obviously chuffed - they spend thousands on merchandises, handshake tickets, Founder cards, etc. and they get 8 seconds with the girl, whereas this guy has connections and get all this. I'm sure there's been other VIP who gets preferential treatment but they didn't boast about it so shamelessly and publicly.

What's worse is the management reaction, where they stated they don't know him, which is obviously untrue because there's pictures on Facebook and Instagram that he's been invited to many other VIP events before this. So yeah, #otaVIP shot to 1 trending on Twitter.

I don't think the management had bad intentions and probably didn't know the guy very well personally. They probably thought they were doing a favour for a friend of a (very important) friend, but just went about it rather carelessly. Anyways the chatter is fading away a bit now. I say give it a few weeks, 5th single release, election season kicks in and everyone will have forgotten this unfortunate incident.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 1
  13. onego123

onego123 Member

Looks like they apologized? (can't speak Thai so I'm not sure)

14. Red13th

Red13th Member

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    Yes, They apologized. Even some topics are not clear but it's good to see he at least show his action for this.

15. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶

:flower:

16. firsties

firsties Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yabukinako
    When do you guys think BNK48's 3rd generation auditions will be held? My guess is a few months after their General Election, so around February-April. I've talked to some Thai otas though, and some of them disagree. They say they might be announced in late 2019, and open in early 2020. What do you guys think?

17. PunShark

PunShark Kenkyuusei

They are still trying to push Gen 2 at the moment so I doubt it will be that soon. I think after election will be a new stage for BIII and forming of N5(?).

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    Since they have quite a lot member I'm seeing probably either next year or 2020? This assumption based on how JKT have a lot of member for gen 2 in 2012 and then have 3rd gen audition in 2014

19. Red13th

Red13th Member

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    I don't think they going to held audition for 3rd atleast until last quarter of next year. since they need time to start pushing each girl. I don't think they don't won't BNK48 to be Cherprang and friends. so they need to push more girls to public.

20. Yukitie

Yukitie Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    Agreed - most likely after the election, sometime mid to late next year, and once the second team has been established. Promote Piam and Nink with half of the 2nd Gen.

To be fair there are 2nd Gen members who have a greater following than some first gen members. Mewnich, June, Fond and Ratah ... and on the fringe Natherine, Wee and Phukkom ... actually have more followers than nearly half of the first gen. I'd say the 2nd Gen push is going quite well, and it won't take much more for them to be established alongside the 1st Gen.

General question - who would you see promoted as Team NV?