1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Graduation announcements thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kuchi-Chan, Nov 6, 2013.

1. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

Myao was a next gen ace...

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Old Old x 1
  2. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    For how long was Myao a next gen ace? She was dropped from being a senbatsu staple / option after Poniteru. Some may say its because she dropped to UG in the sousenkyo that year but then again, peope like Kato Rena and Yuria performed much worst in the past but were not dropped after sousenkyo that year.

So yes, Myao got some push, but not really that much (has she ever been a front row senbatsu? not sure), and was dropped quite too soon (relative to other pushes).

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

2 years.

Hebirote.

She didn't drop to UG. She made it to senbatsu that year. It's cute how you seize every opportunity to bash on Renacchi tho. Stay classy. :)

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  4. AnToNa

AnToNa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    Not her too omg. Her performances are really good, she did Cross and Blue Rose really well. I just noticed her name getting crossed from HS result (yeah, I'm late) and my worst expectation hit like this. The fact that it's stated that she had difficulties with balancing studies and her pulling out without last HS or grad stage really tell the seriousness of the situation. Best of luck to her studies.

5. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    My bad, Myao actually made it to Hebirote. And bashed Kato Rena? Lol. I like her push and I do like her in senbatsu. I personally preferred her over Paruru and would have liked it if she received the Paruru push instead.

Still, it can't be denied that management gave her a lot of leeway and pushes compared to other pushed members.

Anyway, getting OT, sorry mods.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  6. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    If a girl can't combine school and AKB for some years, why couldn't she take a pause from AKB and then come back after school?

7. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Well, that has been done, although for other graduation reasons, but she would have to go through the auditioning process again ... and she will have no guarantees that she will be selected, as a whole trainload of new girls are applying as well of course.
    (and I have no idea what the 'cutoff' age for entering AKB would be ... but I don't think your chances will be very good if you're over 18, unless management is convinced you'll be an instant hit and have staying power)

I'm kinda sure Miki-chan must have thought about this, but she still decided to try it on her own with a crowdfunding campaign.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  8. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    11 or 12 to 19 if I'm not mistaken.

9. AragonDx

AragonDx Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Murayama Yuiri
    can't they go hiatus for a while?

10. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Maybe for medical reasons ... but I don't think anyone has ever done that because of school, let's face it, your shelve life as an idol is limited, around 10 years or so, even shorter, if you decide to take a 'sabbatical' for a year or two you are losing 20% or more of your effective 'use' for AKB.
    I'm pretty sure professional sport teams will react in the same way if a prospective player tells them they want to go on a hiatus.

11. firecoral

firecoral Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mukaichimion
    Rara just came back from a school related hiatus.

Although for girls with less of a foothold in their group, grad would be the option that makes more sense.

12. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    but that started May this year right? ... so that's just a few months, half year?

btw, from what I read it was to prepare for admission to a University, that sounds like serious crunch time to me.
    But if you need to do that I kinda wonder how you will manage when you are an actual student?

13. Yua

Yua Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Fukuoka Seina
    Japanese universities are pretty well-known for having brutal entrance exams, but not being that hard once you're already in, lol.

Speaking of school-related hiatuses, wasn't that the reason Hiiwatan gave for her hiatus, too?

14. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Many took hiatus because of school related matter but rarely for years. So yeah, who holds the hiatus record now? Haruppi?

15. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    Aikawa Maho, if not limited to 48G.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    Ok, I see. I just think if a girl wanted to take hiatus for a while for complete the studies it would be good for both her and AKB. She have trained a lot and AKB must have invested in her training so why wasting it all because she have to graduate?But of course not for a long period, maximum one year.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
  17. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Umeda Ayaka was out injured for 15 months early on iirc.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  18. AnToNa

AnToNa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    The I*ZONE gals.

• Winner Winner x 10
  19. Kuura

Kuura Future Girls Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
  20. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    This and Homma Maï are a mystery to me.
    Their performance record can be counted on one hand and when they do, they can't do a full stage.
    I remember them being terrible when the 16th gen was introduced, and in Izumi's case she looked terrfied on stage.

They aren't really performing that's one thing, and I wonder if they are taking lessons ? and here I mean extra lessons
    It's a question to never see these girls on stage while one of the purpose of AKB48 is to whatch your idols grow. And these 2 are invisible.

So why do they keep them ?
    Back in 2012, the mangement cutted some kenkyusei, with the reason of too many, they were judged on their skills.
    These 2 are known to be very bad and don't seem to improve a lot, yet they are still members.

Anyway they are brave to have auditionned and in Izumi's case to have stayed that long.

• Agree Agree x 1