1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] THE JKT48 thread!

Discussion in 'General JKT48 Discussion' started by Mr Waffle, Feb 12, 2012.

1. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    I don’t think people meant JKT should be like K-Pop, but more of trying to reach the market. It’s like how you see differences between BNK and SNH. BNK managed to branch out to the K-Pop demographic while staying true to its 48Group & J-Idol roots, while SNH just went full-on K-Pop. It seems like JKT is trying to do what BNK managed to do, which is trying to reach the K-Pop demographic of Indonesia. It’s no secret that the success of Produce48 has brought interest to 48Group as a whole, including JKT. The recent Muthe thing also helped JKT in appealing to the K-Pop demographic, and it’s starting to look like they’re trying to go along with it. If you look closely, they actually put snippets of 7th gen girls dancing to K-Pop on 7th gen’s intro videos, and try telling me that wasn’t intentional. Choosing High Tension is also obviously a part of their plan to reach out to the K-Pop demographic.

Regarding promotions, i can see why it’s harder to promote now. I mean do we still have music shows these days? I would say promote from YouTube, but i’m not sure how that’s possible, when the interest in JKT is low? The best chance they have is through non-music TV, like what they’re doing with Desy and Zara right now. I hope they’ll keep it up. Also, if it’s possible, maybe tryna send girls in survival shows? Like Sisa in Indonesian Idol or something alike, and maybe give the girls modeling jobs and all

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. yaohne

yaohne Member

Oshimen:
    chikanorina
    yes yes yes yes I agree

but uza/everyday katyuusha major flop olalalalala...why???
    I think this SINGLE have open the road of the reboost

3. chiuchimu

chiuchimu Member Stage48 Donor

I think they should try to grow their own demographics from all parts of the population regardless if the people are from the Kpop demographics or American pop Demographics or whatever. Back to the Ghibli-Marvel analogy, that's like Ghilbli trying to branch into the Marvel demographics. Ghibli should concentrate on making great Anime to create more fans in general - not specifically to branch into the Marvel Fandom. A fan is a fan regardless if they like marvel or not. JKT should just be great Idols, if Kpop fans like them fine, if they don't fine too. No reason for JKT to do anything to specifically attract Kpop fans. If they make a catchy song in the Jpop style then people will like it regardless if they are Kpop fan or not. That's what they should do.

As what type of promotion would help:
    1) Original songs. redoing an old Japanese song wears thin specially after many years. Can you imagine where SKE or NMB would be if they never got their own songs? Specially if JKT are slightly different than Japanese 48G giving them a unique signature. Each group AKB, SKE NMB etc...all have their own niche style. It would help JKT if they had one too.

2) Original show. Very hard to do but is critical. Look at how many different shows AKB have come up with to try and keep people interest. They started with Bingo which is a studio filmed show with varies corners. They added Shukan AKB which is filmed on location because they can do corners that can't be done in studio like clue search corner or Gekikara club. Next was Ariyoshi Kyowakoku which was in studio but differed from Bingo in that the number of girls few and the style was much more grungy. Shortly after came, Nemosu TV were every theme was multi episode and about some harsh challenge like going to boot camp or surviving on a deserted island. Then out of the blue comes Majsuka Gakuen a drama staring only AKB members about school fighting. AKB is ever searching for something different that would be a hit. JKT too has to come up with something unique and interesting.

3) Original promotion. BNK Fish Tank was a great original idea. I think it help kick start BNK. AKB's hand shake event was a great Idea and so was Showroom, now most Idols in Japan do it. Team8's on the road concerts are another great Idea. It's not so much money as a great original idea. What about a Real JKT Cafe were actual JKT girls cook and serve the food? - this would be the ultimate maid cafe. JKT singing and/or dancing competition where members sing a predesignated song and upload to Youtube. Later fans can then vote on the JKT website which will post the winner. JKT charity or community service events? Vegan cooking show were JKT members come up with original Vegan dishes. A weekly show were JKT members compete against each other to be titled the best at something like best cook, best pianist, best athlete etc... It's not easy to make an original show that a hit but the sky is the limit on possibilities.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    The problem with growing their own demographic is, actually, not enough to sustain them for the time being. Even AKB and NMB decided to try to tap into a different demographic instead of making their own one. They are still growing their own demographic, but it’s proven that it’s not enough to keep them relevant

Actually a livestream can help, whether it’s an individual member stream or LOD. Try to make the LODs free like SNH. People who starts to grow interest in JKT can try to watch the LOD and might be interested to go to the theater theirselves.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    You have to join JOT. I'm serious.

6. rmn89

rmn89 Member

there is too much karbitan fans in Indonesia. i guess it cant be helped.

honest hard truthx

7. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    Which is exactly why nothing lasts here. Y’all should be proud of JKT for still being able to keep afloat in a very dynamic market like Indonesia’s

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    I think JOT currently trying to do all three of them. For the first promotion, with the top three from this year ssk have a chance to do a solo debut or unit debut it could happen. I mean JKT48 accoustic already have their own song, maybe somewhere in the contract it stated that all main group song can only come from Aki-P and creating original song for solo/unit is JOT strategy through the loophole to produce their own song. For the second and kinda the third type of promotion, they currently trying to do it with JKT48 TV. However, they only updated once a week and the content are too random, I currently studying how to be social media celebrity as my thesis and continuous upload have an important role to build a good fanbase (they don't have to upload new video everyday, three times a week is enough I think). They also working together with Anji (a popular vocalist) to create a music show on his channel. They currently learning to broaden their audience by using youtube and the only suggestion that I have for their internet show is to collaborate with more well known youtubers such as Ria Ricis. They actually did a charity event and cafe event several times, but I don't think a real cafe such as AKB48 cafe could really profitable since people here could just buy cheap stuff and then hangout for hours

I'd like to ask more about this since I don't really watch B4 but I think it'll be better to talk about it in J5th thread

9. Wade & Wander

Wade & Wander Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    izutarina
    I think a JKT48 Cafe would help. I'm sure there are things they can do to restrict people bringing in outside foods.
    I'm not sure what the situation is in Indonesia, but BNK Cafe has been pretty successful. The foods and drinks are all really simple and the prices are definitely on the high side. About 200THB or 6USD for a cup of soda.
    https://www.instagram.com/bnk48cafe/?hl=en
    If you spend more than 8USD, you get a free collectible coaster (which I'm sure cost only a few cents to make). It sounds pretty ridiculous but people form massive lines to get these coasters and they're usually sold out within a few days.
    Even if JKT don't want to do one full on, having the pop up events like they used to do (JKT Cafe) would still help to make things more interesting.
    Also, congratulations on the 20th SSK and also for Yupi! It definitely got me more interested and familiar with JKT.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  10. razgriz1011

razgriz1011 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    rezkywirantidhike
    Twitter:
    razgriz2520
    You're actually right.. JKT is now the only girl group remaining in mainstream Indonesian music industry after that GG/BG trend a couple years ago.
    Most other groups are either disbanding like CherryBelle or in "underground idol" market like Shoujo Complex & many others (Which resulting with JKT having no direct competition in the market and also what makes JKT become stagnant now -Outside of poor decisions in the past by management-). Considering how bad Indonesian market right now in physical sales which affects not just JKT but other artists, i think their sales is still fine... in a way.
    -----
    Now with the rise of BNK & MNL (and recently SGO) here in SEA, they should be use this as motivation for them to be a better group.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  11. onego123

onego123 Member

Cherrybelle's disbanding?! What happened(aside from the huge line up change)?

Edit: Also I was wondering what's considered selling a lot of albums in Indonesia? I remembered that when BNK debuted a lot of people said selling 10,000 is considered a lot for Thailand, and I was wondering what that number is for Indonesia.

12. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Huge line up change means the group is not the same (applied for common girl/boy group, anyway) IIRC last time they add members there are only 2 original members left. Unlike idol group(s) or particularly, 48/46G that using regeneration concept, most girl/boy group are not like that. There are even a lot of cases bands are disbanding when one of the member left (most of them, is the vocalist) or still exist, and yet they didn't make it big, like the old formation.

13. Maici

Maici Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Ahh remember when cherrybelle considered as one of jkt48 "rival" lol time sure flies really fast

14. razgriz1011

razgriz1011 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    rezkywirantidhike
    Twitter:
    razgriz2520
    I don't exactly know what is considered a lot right now really since the market is so broken now..
    JKT once got double platinum for their album -i think it was JKT48 Festival- early last year (75k is the standard for domestic album) over the course of 6 months.

If my calculation was right, UZA/Ebikachu probably got around 35-40k until the second preliminary result for this year's sousenkyou CMIIW, i don't know how much pure physical CDs they sell until the final one since there was a brief SMS vote period got included.

15. yaohne

yaohne Member

Oshimen:
    chikanorina
    Why JOT is so secretive for the sales of the group????
    even if the physical sales is low than before the digital with download card are bigger than before...

the main resources with single come to the download card if JOT release theater no Megami saishu bell ga naru and TwT in 2019 they can save a lot of money

I'm dumbfounded

16. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    I don't think it's really JOT, even other musician don't really reveal their sales number unless it break some records

I'm thinking they should try doing a little food stall to test the market before opening a real cafe

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Hendry

Hendry Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    jenniferhanna
    Well, they have no obligation whatsoever to disclose their sales number. They are not public company. I do wish that Indonesia has some kind of sales tracker/chart like Billboard or Oricon. Maybe they should work with KFC again. Their JKT Festival reached double platinum like mentioned above. That's 150k copies.

18. yaohne

yaohne Member

Oshimen:
    chikanorina
    so we never know if the sales are so badly. because in the end we only speculate that is bad

19. razgriz1011

razgriz1011 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    rezkywirantidhike
    Twitter:
    razgriz2520
    Like what ootamudkip posted, artists in Indonesia doesn't reveal their sales out of obligation unless they break some records.
    I would say reaching 40k copies (until 2nd preliminary) is good enough in this kind of broken market, but that is just my opinion..
    -----
    It truly is sad to see how bad the market now when you remember that up until late 00s some musician can still reach a million sales.

20. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    The easiest one is by looking at how many HS slot that got sold out

Even in Korea IZ*One 80k sales count as amazing, I think we got so used to 48G million and hundred thousand copies sale that we kinda look down at any number below 100k hhhh

• Agree Agree x 1