Suzumoto Miyu (Suzumon) / Keyakizaka46 1st Generation

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 Graduated Members' started by nakotteiijan, Nov 2, 2015.

1. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

[​IMG]

The new face of Keyakizaka46? Plus more animated gifs:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Saturday's handshake event seems to have attracted a big crowd, particularly to Monta/Ozeki's lane. (Not previously known for big crowds.) Could the M-Station triumph and the handshake event put Ambivalent over the million-sales mark? It was 25K short as of last week.

@Jsprite -- I hope Monta is the centre for the 8th single. But I still think they may go with Pon on Kouhaku, if only just to see what they've got. I believe she has done Garasu before. This is the first time I have seen anywhere near this level of enthusiasm for Monta. People may finally be waking up, lol. Photobook? You bet. Pon might have been the natural next candidate, based on previous form, but this may change things. I know management loves Monta. More than the fans have, up to now.

EDIT: Plus art from qbq8x on Twittter:

[​IMG]

And there's a story on Yahoo Japan News saying what great reaction Mon is getting to her performance, with its sharp dancing, and quickly talking about her background: age 21, known for reaction expressions, great cook.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. glsone

glsone Member

She's definitely in consideration. But I think the more pertinent question is what kind of song would it have to be to have Suzumon as center over Yuipon? Or my personal selection for next center: Risa.

What kind of song do you all think suits Suzumon best? I'm not really sure myself.

3. Hiraishin

Hiraishin Member

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    I guess, cool song but not dark. I see suzumon has type like hirate. If they make suzumon center this 8th single, looking at the pattern last year, they will release cool song like fukyouwaon and glass wo ware. But honestly i really want keyaki once again release a ballad single or maybe futari sezon 2.0. I miss those kind of songs.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Kami

Kami Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanaberisa
    I guess cool, but changing center to monta could be a chace to shaken things up and detach the group's concert from the dark one and to finally move on, meaning they could also give her a new concept.

Anyway my personal opinion is that management could avoid releasing a new single while Techi is absent and just give them an album realeasing only songs that were in 5th, 6th and 7th single, with maybe a song with whole kanji, no center, and whole hiragana.

I would really love to see Monta centering a mv, given her very strong aura. I remember noticing her aura before hirate's when i watched their first mv, but still, i think pon , risa and koike/neru still are strong canditates and possible next photobooks (neru already had one, but sold that strong that why not another)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Xiphyas

Xiphyas Next Girls

Oshimen:
    みなさん 美玖をお寿司かない
    • Like Like x 1
  6. sno_rpg

sno_rpg Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I always thought Garasu is not a "dark" song and I think it suits Mon's ability a lot. If only everyone knew Techi can't participate in the promotions, they should have made her the center for it. Seeing her center-ing Ambivalent just makes me hopeful for a center position. Her expressions are very good so I think whatever concept it will be, she can deliver very well.

I think if they are changing the center and mood of the group in the next single, the best choice would be Pon. Still hoping Mon gets it or just another place in the front row.

(I feel like I'm too biased lol)

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

A new blog post! The first since early November.

She wishes us Happy New Year, and shows pics of the formal outfit she wore, one her sister had worn and she herself had long wanted to wear. She also shows us a pic of Bamu, her dog at home in Aichi, and of another dog, Tana, who I guess is Bamu's new companion. She refers to the many happy and sad things that happened in 2018, but looks forward to enjoying 2019 with us all.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I think that for centering an MV, dance is extremely important, and that means Monta, the best dancer in the group, even including Hirate. No-one else has her sharpness and precision. But whoever centres the next single, it should not be a Hirate-like song (unless Hirate is back). Something more in the Saison line, or even a bright and happy song with lots of dance moves could work. Monta is the most intense performer of the current candidates, but not to the level of Hirate. They can try something more tailored to the centre, as long as it has strong dance and at least some intensity.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  8. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Great photos of Monta from Saitou Kyouko of Hiragana Keyaki. They apparently went out together after the groups' joint Hatsumode annual shrine visit, and then went out together the next day, too! Kyouko says they talked too much, laughed too much, and ate too much. She says it was like being in high school with friends again. And now she wants to go on an overseas trip together.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Monta and Kyouko are both 21.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

Mon is not hitting on Kyonko, after Oda...right?

10. sno_rpg

sno_rpg Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Oh god... my two Keyaki oshis. hahaha
    Life sure is a beauty.

11. Furukawa_Akane

Furukawa_Akane Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    @Jsprite I'm pretty sure it's the other way around lol Knowing Kyonko lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Lots of good reaction to Mon's performance as a sumo wrestler on Keyakake, lol.

if the video does not show watch the video here

First, this drawing of two possible keychains, by Twitter nanaki_mon. The words say (from top): "Chaaan", "Dosukoi Mon", and "two varieties of keyholder." "Dosukoi" is a sumo exclamation.

[​IMG]
    And one poster compared her to this figure (from a famous doll-maker) called "heart of a child":

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  13. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

From the blog of Sakaguchi Tamami (Nogizaka46):

[​IMG]

Both Tamami and Miyu were once members of the group "Non-Sugar Label."

14. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Miyu has apparently expressed a few opinions about the way the group and the audience interact:
    -- Just personally, she says, she doesn't think Black Sheep or Mou Mori should have audience calls during performances. (There has been some push-back from fans who like to do calls and say there are some "cute" calls they could use. Others say even "cute" calls disturb songs like these. I agree with that. One suggestion from fans is that when Hirate sings, "It's all my fault," in Black Sheep, the audience should shout: "No, it isn't!")
    -- However, she says that the calls during GaraWare are great, with members and audience getting excited together.
    -- She becomes uneasy when members and audience are not at the same level of excitement in the feeling of a song. (The feeling when you have a huge audience right with you must be amazing.)
    -- Being formal is no good, but it's important that group and audience have a good understanding. (I think this means she wants the audience to behave, lol.)

I think one of the reasons Mon is less popular than she should be is that otaku sense (correctly?) that she is not the kind of woman who would cater to their every whim. She has demands to make, lol.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Miyu was excellent on KeyaKake this week. Particularly in a skit where they had someone say something in Miyagi dialect, and then members had to translate it into standard Japanese. Miyu was doing fine until the third line, which she thought referred to peeing. The word possibly just came out without her thinking how it would sound. Everyone burst into laughter, and so did she...looking absolutely great the whole time. She was also funny when they were characterizing other members: she said Oda Nana was "noisy", and when Nana interjected that she just said that because she was feeling betrayed in love, Miyu quickly replied, with a wry smile: "Like that."

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  16. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

The new SakamichiAKB senbatsu has been announced, and Monta is IN! Full senbatsu here.

• Like Like x 1
  17. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Are we ready for this? Mon congratulating Fuu-chan on her 21st birthday:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I guess she's going with this for a while. Looks good. Even if I'm against it in principle, lol. Plus this from the Nobody MV (click to enlarge):

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  18. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

Is it just me or does Mon's hand look super tiny? Looks like baby fingers.

19. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

I think it's a (cheap?) wide angle lens, as her entire face looks a bit odd.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Xiphyas

Xiphyas Next Girls

Oshimen:
    みなさん 美玖をお寿司かない
    Don't mess with Mon-chan. That could be dangerous.:lol:

[​IMG]