1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Future Potential Sister Group General Discussion

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Merika, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Merika

Merika Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takeuchimiyu
    Future Potential Sister Group General Discussion...GO!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2018
  2. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    Honestly do you guys think SPR48 will happen anytime soon? Last time NGT48 & STU48 were announced people thought it was gonna be SPR48, but turns out it wasn’t (they even used it as a “tease” in STU48 announcement video)

3. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    As far as I know, it depends on who want to sponsor those sister groups and use it as promotional agent of the local area/whatever brand they want to endorse.
    STU --> Aeon corporation plus the local governments of setouchi area.
    Eito --> Toyota (technically not an SG, but the contract is totally different with other AKB4 members)
    SKE --> forgot what the name of corporation that bought it from AKS (after taken over from Phytagoras)
    NMB --> Yoshimoto
    SNH --> Chinese-based consortium of corporations
    Team SH --> Other corporations not backing SNH

I don't know the details of other SG's, but pretty sure they are also sponsored by some big corporations. Especially the overseas, even though I think not for JKT as the first overseas SG.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    Untitled.png
    so I made this groups wishlist on my Wiki page...
    so, any thoughts?

5. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I think only the Asian ones have any possibility.
    And even among those, I really doubt a place like Dubai or Azerbajan would be the ideal places for them.

In any case, I think we won't have any more ISG announced for the time being.
    BNK and MNL are still new-ish. Team TP and Team SH just debuted. SGO was just born. And MUM still has to finish auditions.

SPR might happen if they get sponsorship from the administrations there or something. Something like NGT has with Niigata or even STU and the area.
    I don't think Sapporo has a big enough population demanding 48G content, so if they don't get help with the money, I doubt AKS will even try.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    This is going to be negative but oh well ...
    In europe / USA, The idol culture isn't strong enough, The Girlsbands from the 90's(concept close to idols, way before AKB48's birth) were just shooting stars. The market became sick of those in only a couple of years. And to make it worse, no one is willing anymore to save the CD market from death.
    Italy showed interest but it went nowhere.
    In Mexico, the real project is currently going on in the form of a telenovela but It looks like the expected success isn't really there. (The anounced 2nd season isn't likely to happen)
    South Korea is saturated in idols, and past experiences looking like the 48 groups formula, didn't seems to be well recieved.
    AKB48 Team TP's birth was "painfull", these words are weak to describe this project.
    What about India 1 year after the anouncement ?
    Is there a country stable enough in Africa apart South Africa ? And It seems those countries are looking at the european market to sell their music.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    I don't think they will create one for Sapporo. They will also need the support from the fans in Tohoku. Meanwhile, going to Sapporo is not necessarily easier than Tokyo.

If they insist to have one in Hokkaido, Hakodate might be better location-wise. It has Shinkansen station, but 3.5 hour train ride from Sapporo where most of the population live.

8. チキンギョ

チキンギョ Kenkyuusei

honestly, stop

• Like Like x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  9. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

What's there to talk about? I have no wish for more but I guess I won't mind if they do happen.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
  10. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    NO!

Yes, actually. A few of them. Some even less violent than South Africa.

But now I want that Accra48!

11. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    JKT was sponsored by MNC group, and they were the ones who sent the proposal to AKS, but now it seems like JKT’s solely under Dentsu (which is why they’re broke and don’t get as much lovecalls as they usually do)

• Informative Informative x 3
  12. shining445

shining445 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    jonishikei
    Singapore48 has been in people's minds in the past few years, but it's never happened. I don't think it would be very supportive. Didn't AKB have a cafe there, though?

It would be interesting for Hokkaido to have a 48group base. But being that it's far away from Tokyo.....
    maybe it would do well for the tourist economy of Hokkaido??

I thought too, maybe one in some part of northern Japan. NGT is pretty much the highest located sister group. Would the Touhoku Region be able to support a sister group? It would be interesting to see Sendai48 or Aomori48. Maybe it's just my thinking hahaha....

I also low-key support Okinawa48 :blush: But then again I picture it similar to what STU already is established to be. Hmmmm

I don't see any sister group on a global scale past Asia. I think if it were to come to the US it might be seen as either too different of a concept, OR it could be tweaked a lot and end up being different than what 48G typically is.

13. Helliezza

Helliezza Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    im thinking of MALAYSIA48. i think one of the JKT members come from MALAYSIA. most of the members with mixed race are either thai,indonesian,vietnamese,taiwanese w/c are already established.

14. Merika

Merika Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takeuchimiyu
    If they debut a non-Asian sister group, I could see a German sister group being 1st. I think Germany has a good otaku following. If it’s in Berlin, it could be called BLN48.

I could see DBI48 (Dubai, UAE) happening too for some reason.

I do think Produce 48 & L.I.K.E were test to see if interest among 48G would grow in South Korea & Mexico.

I think it worked for South Korea (especially with how much of a Korean following 48G has grown), but idk about L.I.K.E since I heard the drama wasn’t that successful.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
  15. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

I don't think the 48G would ever come to the US. The US is more used to solo artists and not even much small groups/bands are a hit, let alone a group of 50+. Besides, the no-dating and "talentless" thing would mostly come off as a joke to most people.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Merika

Merika Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takeuchimiyu
    Anyone think RDJ48 would work?

I could see a Brazilian sister group working tbh

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  17. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Merika

Merika Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takeuchimiyu
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    At least, try to be realistic with your suggestions, Try to weigh the pros and cons; mind elaborating your ideas ?
    Germany ? errr no, Idol culture is a niche there, and pretty much in all of west Europe. Despite one of the biggest japan related event being held in Paris, for attending the Japan Expo several time, I can tell that Idols public is fairly small. The Jmusic that sells the most is Jrock.
    Brazil ? it's econimic and politic aren't very stable.
    You may want to check the related thread, 1 member going to Mexico mainly for an acting job is far from being a test for a huge girl group concept.
    L.I.K.E is a closer to RBD's concept, something that worked hugely 15 years ago.

EDIT:
    夢の力 & listing thread after all.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Merika

Merika Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takeuchimiyu
    Do all of your post need to be depressingly passive aggressive? No one is doing all of that irrelevant over analyzing.

• Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1