1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Future Potential Sister Group General Discussion

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Merika, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Vladivostok48

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    So, what you're trying to say is that we should discuss the possibility of future sister groups while ignoring completely factors like culture, society, economy. It's a Fantasy48.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Merika

Merika Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takeuchimiyu
    Yes that’s exactly what I’m saying, the fact that I addressed how it’s being presented (passive aggressive) has totally nothing to do with it. Glad you made that observation genius who knows all

:wtf::rolleyes:

I’d rather we get back on topic in a correct form, I don’t have time to argue about this & have MY thread derailed over bs

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
    • Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. Ugokanaide

Ugokanaide Member Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Moriyasu Madoka
    If it's just a wishlist of SGs we'd like then don't put "potential" in the title

Anyways COME BACK WITH SDN ALREADY

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Merika

Merika Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takeuchimiyu
    Wow my ignore list is growing today with those who keep trying me, it’s better I do that then hurt feelings, which I am VERY capable of doing. :whistle:

ANYWAY, BACK ON TOPIC!! Never knew SPR48 was a thing, would be interested in seeing that.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Time for her to FINALLY shine.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

*clears throat*

Girl, what?
    You wrote potential in the title and that's what we're talking about.

East Asia? Sure.
    Middle East? Hell no.
    America? Hah!
    Europe? As if.

The idea of western girls acting all kawaii is The Cringe and they'd be the butt of every joke. What would be the point?

Now, if you want YOUR thread (lmao) to be void of perfectly voiced opinions you don't like, go create a tumblr blog and set it to private.

You seem to like living more the whole FANtasy WorLD uWu where IZONE was gonna have 24 members and have a theatre just for them in Seoul.
    Your tantrums in that thread were legendary and we thank you for the laughs, but damn girl, you were wrong and didn't want to hear it.

Also, weren't you banned from OneHallyu for... being this mess? Is that why you're suddenly back here to torment us?
    Get a life.

xoxo

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Before this goes any further...

@Merika This is not YOUR thread. It belongs to the forum. Thus, technically this is MY thread (speaking on behalf of the staff here) And we will not tolerate people attempting to bully people with opposing views on our thread. It doesn't matter if you started the thread or not, if you cannot get along with others, you will not be allowed to participate in the conversation.

Moreover, you positioned this thread as a DISCUSSION of potential sister groups. By definition, a discussion can involve debate and opposing viewpoints. Just because someone doesn't agree with your opinion, or asks for clarification and reasoning, that doesn't label them as passive-aggressive. While we're at it, let's not overuse the term passive-aggressive. I am more concerned with the "aggressive" posts I see on this page in the last few hours. Bottom line, if you can't play nicely, then you can't play here.

That said, going forward this thread will exist on a provisional basis. If we continue to see needless fighting over such a pedestrian topic, we will simply remove the combatants, or just close the thread entirely.

EDIT:

Did you just attempt to 'pull rank" on the staff? Not a wise choice. See you in two months, and you are banned from the thread.

EDIT 2: Let's make that permanent. :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. jessiejinx

jessiejinx Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu (Cuca)
    I like to be optimistic when it comes to sister groups, we won’t know if something doesn’t work if no one tries it? Either way my wishful thinking group would be in England haha though I not sure if it would work though I mean dance group work well enough.

10. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    OMG PLEASE

• Like Like x 1
  11. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    Yeah! Russian 48Group please!!

12. AragonDx

AragonDx Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Murayama Yuiri
    tch, I missed some juicy drama.

anyway, to me they have milked all of the potential markets for sister groups, be it local or international. Won't be surprised if they make a sister group without a location-based name, though. (SDN48 v.02 everyone?)

13. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

From how I see it, they don't necessarily have to act "all kawaii". It's not like the 48g girls 'act kawaii' either. They're just acting in a way that's normal to them culturally speaking. The non-asian sister groups can/should just act in a way that's normal to their culture and it'll still work.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. welp

welp Next Girls

Since the structure of MNL and JKT has significantly differed from their Japanese prototype, we may see an oversea sister group in an unexpected nation under a much different structure, a very different management.

I think Japanese market is already saturated with all existing groups. Japanese 48 will rather shrink then expand. The agency cannot monetize each girl to the fullest thus the marketing margin is low. Keyaki possibly generates half of 48's income with less than 1/5 members. So, possibly no more Japanese sister group. We've already seen AKS sold its 48 group (SKE sold to KeyHolder). It may be more lucrative to create a new group under a different premise, e.g. IZ*One, than to create another 48 group. (Does AKS have any other active non-48 group beyond IZ*One?)

The core concept of "Idol" is oppose to the liberalism and individualism mentality in West Europe or North America. So, I guess we will never see an idol group there. Still, I think a group in East Europe is possible, we may one day witness IST48 (Istanbul) or ZAG48 (Zagreb).

CIS (ex-Soviet) is very sparsely populated. It will be very difficult to gather a big crowd of fans in 1 place, to hold handshake or big scale concert will be very challenging. I don't think it will be a sister group in this area. (This is also a serious problem to run a girl/boy group in this region.) Australia and New Zealand have this problem too to an extent. So, likely also no sister group in Australia continent.

The Latinos love fun upbeat music with energetic synchronized dance. Not just K-pop, I've seen the Latinos consume V-pop or T-pop in a degree. The like of SKE or NMB style can work in this region. A sister group there is possible but with a pretty different color to AKB.

I don't think the situation of women's right in Mumbai (or India in general) is much better yet, not like MUM48 has formed.

Nah. At least there is no YGN48 (Yangon) yet. Also, I think South America, especially Brasil, is prospective.

IZ*One seems to do well in Japan right now. If AKS is to make a non-location-based group, it may not have 48 in its name unless the group shares its members with 48 group. (I would like to see fixed units comprise of existing members of 48 groups rather than a new group, something similar to SNH's 7 Senses or JKT Acoustic.)

• Like Like x 1
  15. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

http://stage48.net/wiki/index.php/Tentoumu_Chu!
    http://stage48.net/wiki/index.php/Dendenmu_Chu!
    http://stage48.net/wiki/index.php/Love_Crescendo

Have you never heard about legendary unit No3b?
    http://stage48.net/wiki/index.php/No_Sleeves

Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    As a Latina I can tell you, V-Pop and T-Pop are a micro niche within a niche within a niche. The public at large is paying attention to K-pop almost exclusively these days, with the collabs with Reik and other spanish-speaking artists, to the point that they actually have small sections of K-pop in record shops, but they are still small compared to Western productions. J-pop is a footnote with Annin spreading the word of AKB in Latin America from time to time these days, but even so it's not very big. BTS and Super Junior are pretty much the only ones making a difference.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Damn I had my expectations high when I thought I would FINALLY see someone’s post without the mention of those words

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. AragonDx

AragonDx Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Murayama Yuiri
    oh come on, isn't it fine? K-pop is the best after all! [hehe]

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

GO BACK TO PARTY CITY ONEHALLYU WHERE YOU BELONG!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Helliezza

Helliezza Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    so some want an SDN or mature/sexy version of AKB- sounds like possible to any western countries