1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Hopes, Fears, and Predictions for 2019 (JKT48)

Discussion in 'General JKT48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Dec 17, 2018.

1. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

With 2018 coming to a close. It's time to do the yearly tradition for Stage48 (which I also put for other groups as well for stuff that you want to only happen with that group).

So what are your Hopes, Fears, and Predictions for 2019 for JKT48?

2018 - 2017 - 2016

2. armondillo

armondillo Kenkyuusei

Hopes for 2019: JKT48's Re:Boost proves a success and they get support throughout Indonesia thanks to Circus. The many new sister groups help increase interest in idol groups and JKT48 can become popular thoughout Asia. HITS Records, please make JKT48 available on Spotify in Singapore. JKT48 perform in Singapore (finally I don't have to fly to Jakarta to see them). Aby finally gets promoted to a team. JKT48 gets some new costumes, honestly the old ones are getting boring.

Fears for 2019: JKT48 is outshined by other Asian sister groups, especially BNK48 which is booming like crazy. I am also afraid that JKT48 senbatsu will become influenced a lot by foreign fans (Yupi has a strong Thai fanbase). I'm also afraid that many members lack the technical skills. Many of JKT48's recent live performances have had poor dancing, especially lack of compactness. Sinka and Yupi aren't strong vocalists or dancers so I worry for their solo/group debut. With many of Gen 1 & 2 graduating, I hope the juniors step up and JKT48 can retain support from long-time fans.

Predictions for 2019: Gen 6 & 7 shine thanks to their new stage. The sub-units/solo debuts for the top 3 sousenkyo don't do very well (4Gulali, JKT48 Dangdut, JKT48 Dance Project as examples). JKT48 get to perform in Thailand, Philippines and Japan.

3. Arigatou means Thank You

Arigatou means Thank You Kenkyuusei

Wish:
    1) Video recording for J4 and KIII4 and audio recording for past stages.
    2) Releasing 3 - 4 singles.
    3) JKT48 Academy year extension from a year to two years. So, all of Academy members can be promoted before expired date.
    4) Another JKT48 original songs.
    5) Increasing maximum amount members in a team from 16 to 18 - 24.
    6) T1 revival by Team T.
    (Fulfilled)
    7) AKB Asia Festival in Indonesia.

Prediction:
    1) JKT48 can participate in SSSK if they rescheduling the date more lately.
    2) Request Hour will be scheduled while there will be no Janken. They'll start SSK at the end of the year.
    3) Mass graduation, but not disbanded.
    4) KIII5, T7, and T8 stage. T6 Senshuuraku while T7 Shonichi should be on January. KIII4 Senshuuraku should be on middle 2019. Shanju will participate in J5.
    5) Another exchange student for short time.

Fear:
    1) JKT48 disbandment.
    2) Mass graduation.
    3) Another audition for JKT48 Academy, hope that they will do audition in late 2019 / early 2020.
    4) Team T won't get their original stage. They should get it before the end of 2019. (Fulfilled)
    =======================
    Additional Wish:
    1) Team T SBgN revival.
    2) AKB48 send their unreleased old songs for JKT48. This can make JKT48 to have an original stages.
    3) AKB48 Group International Concert in Jakarta. JKT48 as the host.
    4) Less members for 8th Gen., so there won't have many members who are fired due to expired contract.
    5) If they increase the maximum amount members in a team from 16 to 18 - 24, they should have to do JKT48 Himawarigumi 2nd Stage. This will prevent the Academy members to be fired if they willing do this.
    6) English version for A-Side songs are comeback.

Additional Prediction:
    1) SnM may have Shonichi between March - December, while TwT may be in Januari - June. KIII5 may have Shonichi between March - December.
    2) Many members formed JKT48 8th Gen.

Fear:
    1) Team T won't revive SBgN. But TRc, SA, InY, and KIII5 can be an optional additional stages, they can have done all of JKT48 Stages before June 2020 if they do those stages for 3 months each stage.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
  4. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Hopes:
    • Original singles
    • JKT48 to join Sekai Sousenkyo
    • Sayaya to come again more than an exchange
    • That rumored girl group by SM that is based in Indonesia can be a potential rival to JKT48
    • AKB48 Festival in Indonesia, I'd suggest ICE BSD as venue
    Fears:
    • Still no original singles
    • Right wings who got support from radical muslims win the election and JKT48 got bad impact in it. Believe me, JKt48 won't disband because of popularity drop. If JKT48 isn't popular then why Aki-P is making a group in India? What can make JKT48 dead is that radical muslims take the government and they'd kill JKT48 definitely because in their eyes JKT48 is unislamic. Look at that Blackpink Shopee ad controversy.
    Predictions:
    • Yupi 2nd consecutive sousenkyo wins
    • Graduation of at least 1 or 2 important members
    • At least 2 concerts

5. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Original singles come true now my wildest dream for JKT48 is that Sayaya will come again more than an exchange. She can be an envoy sent by Mion to JKT48.

6. algae27

algae27 Kenkyuusei

Hopes:
    -JKT to step up their game in: wardrobe, MV concept and visuals, performance (there are many mistake in live perf and girls forgetting the dance). And also, BNK has set a whole new bar for int SG standard, even without ori single. So there's a lot to catchup.
    -More less revealing yet cool uniform like Nogi or Keya. It tells girls you dont need mini skirt and pretty dresses to be considered attractive/beautiful.
    -JKT members star in an adaptation of local manga series. ts about time that JKT has a series that stars themselves with an entertaining storyline. An original drama series would be good too.
    -For them to release more than 2 original single in 2019. One of them a cool dance number like NMB yokuboumono :3
    -Yupi to rank in the world SSK somewhere in the 48 rank if she decided to participate xD
    -JKT Circus abroad (Vietnam is a must, since they also teach Indonesian as one of the elective languages there)
    -New multiple yearly uniform. Please, I'm sick of them already.

Prediction:
    -Only one new song each in the ori single and the rest is 48 rehash
    -Melody step down as GM
    -Regional ssk will be set after world ssk. Just do it in later months, like what they did this year. It'll give fans more breathing room to earn and burn money.

Fear:
    -The new ori single is announced in later 2019 and we only got one ori song in 2019 (since technically they never said WHEN)
    -JKT got disbanded because of religion extremist. Just like the poster above me said, it's becoming a legit concern espc after the Blackpink TVC dumb petition.
    -Zara graduates
    -Shani graduates
    -JKT got deflated again after minor improvement. Seriously, I hope they can hold the improvement they've done, do it better, and rise up against all odds.
    -USING THOSE OVERUSED UNIFORM AGAIN ON INTERNATIONAL STAGE

All in all, I think the current JKT is as new as other int SG in a sense that they lost most of their staple 1st gen and their "old" face already. They're trying to build up their image again after experiencing stagnacy. I think it's worth observing how they can rise up from the dark year.

7. Arigatou means Thank You

Arigatou means Thank You Kenkyuusei

IDK, but the chance to disbanded due to dumb petition is 50/50. Why ? Okay, you can say that JKT48 Fans can be very vigorous (maybe) as same as before and overseas fans can help for this case. But on another side, JKT48 is still blasphemed by non-fans with various reasons outside religion. I'm sure, that won't be happened.

8. Wade & Wander

Wade & Wander Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    izutarina
    Hi, BNK and JKT are operating in completely different markets so how well BNK does will have no impact on JKT whatsoever. I’m a BNK fan and this makes me curious. I hope it’s alright to ask why you feel like this. I’m also wondering why single out BNK in particular and not Team SH, Team TP, or if because BNK is in SEA, then why not MNL or SGO as well?

I like JKT as well and bought their handshake tickets when they came to Bangkok, and met a few nice Indonesian wotas who came to BNK handshake events so I get a bit sad when people see BNK as competition or a target, rather than as part of the family. I hope this doesn’t offend anyone, let’s support each other!

Also if you are afraid that Thai people will affect JKT SSK, please don’t worry. Yes, Yupi has many Thai fans but it won’t be enough to disrupt JKT’s SSK, I assure you.

9. armondillo

armondillo Kenkyuusei

Hello W&W, what I meant by JKT48 being "outshined" is in terms of songs, music videos, etc. The other sister groups are still very fresh whereas BNK is the most developed. So far I feel that BNK management has chosen better songs to release as singles and I feel BNK's music videos are a lot more beautiful. Also BNK music videos have managed to get multiples more views than JKT and MNL. I'm very impressed with the way BNK is booming. Of course as a JKT fan, I hope JKT can achieve that same popularity. And I hope that management can choose good songs to be singles, and they can produce impressive music videos (High Tension MV looks very impressive btw). I think competition can be healthy, as long as neither fan base is mean or cruel to the other. Competition helps each group to improve themselves.

With regards to Yupi, I have heard from some Indonesian JKT fans that many BNK fans voted for Yupi in the last SSK, which is why she got 30,000 more votes than her last SSK and by far the highest vote total in any JKT SSK. Anyway, that is just rumors that circulate amongst fans, I cannot confirm how true it is. I only know there's quite a lot of Shani fans who feel she was robbed of her title. But to be honest I don't really know why foreign influence in SSK was a fear of mine...I guess maybe I shouldn't worry too much about foreign fans influencing SSK considering I'm also not from Indonesia haha! We should congratulate whoever wins the title and I guess I was wrong in fearing foreign influence.

10. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Sandiaga uno killed AFA ID & forced DWP moving to Bali. I hope he never approaching JKT48.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Wade & Wander

Wade & Wander Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    izutarina
    Thanks for the explanation. I think JKT chooses good songs too - High Tension was a great choice! I used to wish BNK had chosen it, but not anymore because I don't want fanwars to happen. But hopefully further down the line it'll happen! Is JKT MV for High Tension out already? I can't wait to see it, the LED costumes look great!
    BNK is booming, I think, partly because there's a gap in the Thai market - many new idol groups are popping up but none seem to pose a legitimate challenge. Perhaps when an SM/K-Pop group debuts then we'll see. Also, from what I understand, JKT had already achieved BNK's level of popularity before? 7 years is a long time and an achievement in itself!

Regarding Yupi, yes, there's quite a few Thai wotas who support Yupi. To be honest, I haven't really looked into that fandom but I know it exists (i.e. I've come across the groups before). I don't really know how big they are or how actively they are participating - perhaps they really do, but I always assumed the votes from Indonesians would be enough to mitigate the Thai fans. Even then, I don't think it's bad to get foreign wotas interested in JKT. I even see it as a good thing - if Indonesian wotas like BNK enough to participate in BNK SSK, I'd be really happy! Haha...yeah, I figured you weren't Indonesian. I'm actually from the same little island as you, but have friends & family in Thailand and visit quite often.

12. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    2 singles & 1 album this year please.

@Wade & Wander in Indonesia, popularity of 2d franchises such as LL, Im@s, & Bandori (my favorite) can compete 48/46 pretty serious but still less popular than kpop. I think it's different than Thailand who still prefer to stan real persons.

Indonesian youths can choose to be wots or weebs or plastics (slur toward kpop artists & fans, definitely an insult).

I'm campaigning idols both Jpop & Kpop also animes, games, tokusatsu, & related to prevent Indonesin youth from becoming right wing islamists that is rising in reformation era.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
  13. Wade & Wander

Wade & Wander Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    izutarina
    Please forgive my ignorance, but is that really a thing? I always thought Indonesia had a more easygoing brand of Islam (which is why JKT is able to get popular there with their costumes and handshake events), so it's quite surprising to see the list of fears being mentioned here.

14. welp

welp Next Girls

I guess it's the case of "the grass is always greener on the other side.". The quality of BNK48's music videos are not significantly better than JKT (but that cheap terrible UZA which was so bad that it was funny). (Did you notice the voice and the lips of members not in sync in BNK Festival? What a high quality editing.) Whether the choice of songs of BNK side is better is completely subjective but, the recording/music arranging of BNK is unarguably much worse. (I guess the standard of dancing skill affects the aesthetic of music video? BNK's dance standard is apparently superior but it is traded with singing skill. BNK's girls spend much more time in dancing class than singing one. You won't wanna listen to BNK singing live.)

BNK is massively popular but JKT was once in this phase too, no? You have to wait and see how well BNK does in the long run to see if it really does better than JKT. BNK's fans is discussing if the popularity of the group already is stagnant and slowly declining.

The foreign influence should be positive? If foreign fans can significantly influence JKT48, the group is becoming international reeling in oversea fans. Isn't this good?

It looks like Malaysian market is completely ignored? I thought JKT48 could appeal Malaysians as they spoke similar varieties of the same language.

15. armondillo

armondillo Kenkyuusei

Hey Welp, didn't notice that regarding BNK Festival. But I will admit I was rather let down with UZA, Everyday Kachusha dance version and especially Sedikit Saja I Love You. It just seems like they could be doing so much more than shooting at 1 or 2 locations. Should be more creative with their shots, like Dirimu Melody. I thought BNK's Tsugi no Season was done very well so hopefully JKT's version is decent and not boring like the last UG music video.

About Malaysian market, I think the concept of Japanese-style idol group is just too foreign for them. Just like in Singapore, there isn't a strong Japanese cultural influence so people probably find it harder to accept 48G. They love Indonesian dangdut though, but that's another story haha. I doubt there's much progress to be made for JKT48 in Malaysia if I'm honest. Malaysia (and Singapore) is too dominated by Korean and Western pop. They don't have as strong a local music scene like Indonesia does.

16. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Sayaya please come to JKT48 and don't come back to AKB48. That guy who assaulted Mahohon sold your address to a stalker. Looks like Jakarta is safer place for you and I believe that maniac no way able to chase you here. Also you can make 10 million yen here.

17. welp

welp Next Girls

The theme of Tsugi no Season MV was copied from the Japanese one. :^^;: As you said "creative", I noticed that, rather than the quality of each video, JKT's music videos were trite. BNK's ones, albeit equally budget, had better variety. I guess BNK's fans are wondering if it will be music video for the undergirl team.

I read that Indonesia and Malaysia didn't get along and rarely any singer worked successfully in both countries.

18. Iz*One48

Iz*One48 Kenkyuusei

As a Malaysian, not only the Japanese-style idol group is too foreign, even the boy band and girl group genre in Malaysia have been dead a long time ago. Dangdut genre in Malaysia is not as popular as during the 90's. The only Indonesian's Dangdut song that quite well known recently in Malaysia is "Sakitnya tuh Disini" by Cita Citata but that is due to meme worthy material.

Yes, Indonesia and Malaysia didn't get along well but there are many Indonesian artist which is quite popular in Malaysia especially during 2000-2010.

Anyway, it is quite easy for Indonesian artist to penetrated to Malaysian market although we can argue that Malaysian market is not that big but it depends on the genre. Indonesian artist which are popular in Malaysia are band and solo artist not so much boy band and girl group.

Hence that is why Upiak Isil is quite well known in Malaysia (she even appeared in Malaysian show and have new version of "Tak Tun Tuang" which is being shot in Malaysia) while I don't think public in Malaysia even knows who Cherrybelle is.

19. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    This can be true, AKB48 Overseas theater in Singapore was defunct in 2012 I believe.

While a friend of mine, a weeb, had exchange in NTU for a semester, he attended every weeb event during those 6 months and he noticed that the audiences are same people or Indonesians would said repost faces.

Notice Payung Teduh which made every Indonesian can listen to jazz which has been described music for high class people, now low class people can enjoy jazz too.

Akad MV got some comments from Malaysia & few from Singapore (likely ethnic Malays) praising the phenomenal song.

But now since the band vocalist, Iis left, the band's popularity got decreased.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    @welp @armondillo @Iz*One48 the reason why still no 48 group in Malaysia is this: https://twitter.com/ShuckMyBhauls/status/1122268021022527488 even if Malaysia48 is real then it'd be 90+% ethnic Chinese. Well I have lack of knowledge about Malaysia society but I've heard some people from ethnic Malay would rage if a girl/woman from their kind doesn't wear hijab.

In Indonesia, it's true amount of women wearing hijab is increasing, proven by some ex JKT48 including Melody who are now wearing hijab. But there're still a lot muslim women who don't consider hijab is compulsory. According to reports, Melody's older sister, 4 years her senior don't wear hijab and still not married but likes to party with her westerner boyfriend in Bali. So you can see 2 types of Indonesian muslim women in a single family.