1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

NGT48 Assault Case

Discussion in 'General NGT48 Discussion' started by Cisalpine88, Jan 9, 2019.

1. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Thanks for the explanation :)
    I was referring to what happened now after all the cards opened, not before. Which we all know was not handled well, which lead to this incident. Now we can only hope they actually do it.

Making Maho apologize is a big question mark, I think Imamura should be the one apologizing before the show.

2. maruuuuuna

maruuuuuna Kenkyuusei

Otaki write comment too

Отправлено с моего Redmi 4X через Tapatalk

3. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Meanwhile Aki-P tonight in a speech at a business awards ceremony in Tokyo said nothing about NGT48 or Maho:

https://news.nicovideo.jp/watch/nw4609851?news_ref=50_50

akip2.jpg
    Google Translate:
    "The other day, NGT48 of Maho Yamaguchi is fan as was beaten in, big way news but was a place of first public from being picked up in, there was no such explanation or apology from Akimoto's mouth."

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Toffee

Toffee Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Twitter:
    Doiya_no_Oshi
    • Like Like x 3
  5. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I've just seen this tweet from former NGT48 member Otaki Yuria which she tweeted a couple of hours ago:

https://twitter.com/takimarucyan/status/1083343541571481600

oyt.jpg

Machine translation I get is "I wanted to protect you when there was a case. A message came on the day before this incident appeared on the news, and it was said that it was "Helping". I'm really sorry I can not do anything. I will protect you by all means if it is not too late. It is not you who will lower your head."

• Like Like x 7
  7. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    No, I meant I hoped Yukirin would say something to support Maho.. which was quite naive of me, I admit.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  8. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    The translations: https://twitter.com/76do__/status/1083368011380121605?s=09
    IMG_20190110_212714.jpg

UPDATED: There's correction from OP https://twitter.com/76do__/status/1083373098466869249
    Anyway, no comment about Yuihan's statement (which is completely different than Kitarie's)? :fear:

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 16
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Torigoya-San

Torigoya-San Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    This says it well. This matter will slowly wear itself out and fans will have to swallow it as if nothing happened. Management will simply wait until this dissipates and the money and new fans come in again. Mahohon will probably never get the justice she is seeking. That is why the ball is still in her court. She will have to take up the matter again with a relevant party to have her justice, such as maybe a civil lawsuit. It is up to her to help herself now. Apologising won't do her justice. It merely makes her seem weak in a way, and also reinforces the image of victim blaming.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. half23

half23 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Shinozaki Ayana
    that confirmed there is at least a member leaking the information, so the management at least not implies maho lied, good start

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    "I wanted to protect her when this incident happened.

On the day before this incident appeared on the news, a message arrived to me saying «Please help me»

I am so sorry that I couldn't do anything at all.

Provided it's still not too late if I do it from now, I will go on to protect you by all means necessary.

You aren't the one who should bow your head down.
    "

• Like Like x 19
  12. geoeyepie

geoeyepie Member

On off-the-record you can count on it.
    "betrayed by your own fellow member"

You could say right now only yukirin who understand her feeling(based on experience lol)

• Like Like x 4
  13. Puni

Puni Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
    Sorry but i have to disagree with you here.
    Management had their fair chance to silently deal with the situation for the last month. Apparently nothing or very little was done.

They lost their face the moment Mahohon went public. From this point on the only way to not alienate everybody IMO was to disclose everything complete and honestly.
    Now I didn't expect it to take place at the anniversary performance. I'd have expected a dedicated press conference.

Now what lighted the fuse for me (and other fans) was this onstage apologie. If their intent was saving-face, I don't think they'd let her onstage without thoroughly briefing her on what to do. Now there is the possibility that the apologie was her own idea due to some Japanese code-of-conduct thing. That said, I'm pretty sure that a few managers were backstage and could have stopped her or tried to save the situation after it. Or at least announce that people can expect an official statement regarding this.

Now, whether true or not, the impression is that management ordered her to apologize. Obviously that doesn't go well with many people.
    So the damage is done. They alienated quite a number of fans and surely some members and their relatives.

Missing any contradicting info all I can see is that they won't address this issue further. Therefore my course of action is to no longer support this sister group, and for now stop spending money on 48g entirely.
    Now if they already have decided to put all their cards on the table this "for now" won't be long. If not, then I hope that other fans will also do the same and force them to reconsider their strategy.
    If i have learned one thing during my time working for corporations then it is that losing-face may be bad. Explaining to shareholders why their return-of-investment is lower than expected is worse.

• Agree Agree x 8
  14. Bakti Limo

Bakti Limo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    satoshiori
    Have the incident broadcasted by major foreign/western media?

15. Toffee

Toffee Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Twitter:
    Doiya_no_Oshi
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  16. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    The wording that she was "allegedly assaulted" is kind of off putting imo, but this actually isn't as bad as I thought it would be as an official statement per se. Like @Cristafari said they obviously couldn't ignore this or brush it off so they had to directly mention it and they did agree with Maho and did prove what she said of the story is true (and that a member did give her personal info out). And it seems the fans are known/are identifiable to people and banning them was a good move.

How things progress from here on out will be interesting to see cause trauma can take a long ass time to heal from and I have a feeling she isn't exactly seeking out trauma therapy. So I hope she has a good support system either at home or with close friends.

17. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    While not what we want to hear, the Business Journal interviewed a lawyer who explained why the men were let go and not prosecuted (google translate, so you have to wait for someone else to give a more accurate version).

"In the first place punishment refers to a crime as "arresting anything and prosecuting and guilty It is given for the purpose of repelling and correcting it by giving the pain of punishment so as not to repeat the same mistake again (special prevention) ".

For this reason, the men who were restrained by the fact that they arrested, reflected on their attitude, showed the attitude of "do not do this again" and judge that prosecutors can trust this reflection, It is not done. This is called the principle of "punishment modifiability / supplementability".

It is being annoyed [attracting attention] by the victim being an idol, but if the victim is an ordinary person it will not be news and it is usually a non-prosecution disposition. "

https://biz-journal.jp/2019/01/post_26222.html

I guess saying you are sorry and won't do it again gets you off in Japan.

18. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    On NGT tag (if I'm not wrong) someone said it made to US News, but I don't know how big that is.

What it feels wrong in NGT statement is that seems like Imamura was actually doing something being of assistance to the police, which I highly doubt.
    The three men involved have been banned but at least one of them was at the concert today? I'm confused about this
    And I have no trust in them really doing the patrol/theraphy stuff, but you never know.

It feels slightly more than an half-as* explanation in which they say that yes, it happened but no, no one else except Maho was really involved with it if not for mere chance.
    In which home the second men was again?

It's so frustrating

Btw.. I hope Maho has real support too, and btw... does anyone have new about Riko?

19. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

So I can just punch someone in the street in Japan and say sorry and it's cool? :hmm:

• Winner Winner x 2
  20. sorasan

sorasan Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Coz it's a sign of remorse, thus the law allows the person to be given a chance.

In Sillypore, if you get into ... for e.g car accident by ramming into a person,killing him ... the words you use are :

I lost control of my car
    I do feel remorse over the accident
    It was an accident, I did not wanted it to happen

You will lose your driver's license , fine and instead of long sentence, yours may take only 1 week, much to the grief of the victim's family .

The whole idea is about giving the person a last chance .........

• Like Like x 2