NGT48 Assault Case

Discussion in 'General NGT48 Discussion' started by Cisalpine88, Jan 9, 2019.

1. geoeyepie

geoeyepie Member

Its seems nice to see they talk "big" about this incident.

But in the end they only outsider of ngt and just self-appeal show,

Any hidden collateral damage after this, only ngt girls will suffer.

Just dont pouring salt on the scar.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. SI-Doitsu

SI-Doitsu Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    As discusting the situation in Niigata is and how much you want names, but please understand that according to "The Act on the Protection of Personal Information from 2005" NGT48 Management must not take any actions that make it possible to identify guilty members. This point is for japanese society undisputable.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. gordoli

gordoli Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kitahararie
    I understand, let me see if I can help, cos I spotted some wrong things about your timeline.

1. The instigating member could have said something like "she lives across the hall from me, she's coming back at x PM".
    2. Probably the attackers think those are ideal hiding places to initate their attack once Maho is entering her apartment. They have access to another member's apartment because they are in some relationship with them.
    3. As Maho is about to close her door, Dude #1 attacks her.
    4. She is about to repel Dude #1, so seeing that, Dude #2 helps out and replaces Dude #1, who likely backs off for a breather. He does not leave.
    5. The elevator distracts them, and Maho takes the chance to escape (bless her). Dude #2 did not leave.

Points 3, 4, & 5 are details you misread from the translation you quoted in #1013 (edit: #1012)

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    • Useful Useful x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Navicon46

Navicon46 Kenkyuusei

That's fair. My assumption is based on me being inclined to believe that Maho's apology was done of her own accord that it was possibly based on new details coming to light to clear up the situation in a positive way. My post wasn't meant to accuse Maho of lying or being wrong or downplay her, it was speculation on what those details might be.

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. antares

antares Kenkyuusei

On Max Toki 315 from Akihabara to Niigata
    Oshimen:
    sugaharariko
    According to the latest statement from staffs, 2 men (+ another guy) went there together. And the Dude #1 just stopped and watched Dude #2, not left.

• Old Old x 3
  6. ethereallimbo

ethereallimbo Kenkyuusei

Since people were talking about likes, and I was bored, I randomly spent time looking up who liked which relevant-to-this-case tweets. Chronological order.

Maho: SKE48 - Kocchan
    Annin: AKB48 - Moekyun, Rei / Team 8 - Ikumin
    Muramoto: AKB48 - Erii, Hiwatan, Moekyun, Rei, Renacchi / SKE48 - Airi
    Kitarie: AKB48 - Ayanan, Kiichan, Manaka, Megu, Moekyun, Naachan / Team 8 - OdaEri, Harupyon, Ikumin, Rissen, Shiorin / NMB48 - Nattsu / HKT48 - Maria, Mikurin
    Otaki: AKB48 - Erii, Team 8 - Harupyon, Yuna
    Yuihan: AKB48 - Hiwatan, Juri, Kiichan, Manaka, Megu, Rei, Satopii, Sayaya / Team 8 - Harupyon, Ikumin, Kocchan, Misaki, Serika, Yuri / HKT48 - Bibian, Meru
    Yukirin: AKB48 - Kiichan, Rei
    Mion: AKB48 - Hiwatan, Kiichan, Manaka, Rei
    Lovetan: HKT48 - Harutan, Mikurin, Mina, Shinamon
    Wasamin: AKB48 - Erii
    Sasshi: AKB48 - Ayanan, Chiyori, Erii, Hiwatan, Manaka / Team 8 - Ikumin, Yuri / HKT48 - Bibian, Mikurin, Mina, Nao
    Yuka: NMB48 - Nattsu

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Like Like x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    So, have the aftershock of what happened yesterday calm down a bit?

Just a suggestion, rather than being keyboard warrior and throwing like/dislikes/agree/disagree on each other post here, maybe each can suggest what kind of desireable outcome you want to see AND how to make it happen. This forum might be referred to by many non-Japanese speaking people, so rather than bickering with each other maybe it is better to key in your idea.

Surely will be better than to shi* on anything you don't agree on like how weak some response from specific member, should be like some graduate/graduating one, while forgeting the situation each of them are in right now. As I see many members can only like and retweet some other comment and that's all they can do.

A simple one can be like this
    Expected outcome: Management apologize/address the issue and follow up to be done publicly.
    How to achieve it: ?

I myself agree with the expected outcome, and I can suggest to get that change.org petition to someone influential in Niigata through one of our channel to the local fanbase. Pretty sure 1 or 2 people here have access to local NGT fans or their voting committee in SSK/RH.
    I would like to add to reopen the investigation, but I don't know what/how to have a new evidence that can help to reopen it. So I have to leave it out.

You sir, put what I said in much more simpler way :approve: though many disagree on what I said before :D

Personally I don't want the name(s) to be open to public. Because, then what? Humiliating her? She should suffer because Maho suffers?
    Like it or not, the internal bickering should be done behind closed door. Maho did the right thing opening it to larger audience so she has much better standing, even though as far as I know some people in fanbase already know something happened in NGT since mid-end of December. If after investigation the judge/police demand the affiliated member(s) to be called and tried then sentenced if found guilty, so be it (though I really doubt it considering how much job a court lawyer in Japan have). But until that time comes, I don't think revealing the member(s) is a wise move.

Making a move with your wallet is up for yourself. If you can no longer support because it against your personal value/view then so be it.
    For me I will keep it myself and not actively encouraging others to do it. Because why do you think nearly everyone including Maho said "but please keep supporting NGT"? They will surely take a hit on sales, but if they went bankrupt, how certain are you those who are on Maho's side (members and staff alike) will not blame her when their own career took a hit?

Edit: maybe add "make Imamura find a new job" to my expected outcome :D there is a Japanese petition for it in the general NGT thread.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. oblivious247

oblivious247 Kenkyuusei

What I want: The only appropriate response at this point is for someone from management to come forward and address the issue head on. Not in a letter, out in the open. They need to be transparent in their actions. NGT's immediate managerial staff needs to be fired, as does the member who played a role in this. Even if it was unintentional, in any other job, this would be grounds for immediate termination. Revealing who that member is is not something I want for the sake of a witch hunt, but who wants to risk the possibility that they support someone who was responsible for something like this?

As for me personally, I am conflicted on where I go from here. I am committed to the members and groups I like, but I can not in good faith give money to this company anymore. I have some thinking to do on what I do from here.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  9. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    What?? The petition was literally created by NGT's local fanbase in Japan

• Like Like x 3
  10. theworldofwindow

theworldofwindow Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sutoririka
    The names of the perpetrator(s) will be made public if not sooner, or later. Especially when there might be some members "withdraw" from the group like Asuza did last month.
    I doubt Maho, or any NGT members will public their names. As for the staff, they might do that, through an official statement, if they actually take this incident seriously (doubtful they will do this).
    Or maybe they will confess themselves? This is also not likely.
    But until that they, the witch hunt will still be going on. I wonder if the fan's pressure could lead things to the climax.

11. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Juri-Miyawaki Sakura
    I agree with the Scot

Here is a (not sure if its the) change.org petition. Forgive me if it was already posted

EDIT: of course it is [GENERAL] The NGT48 Thread
    -- doesn't hurt to re-emphasize!

Its in Japanese. The long and short (the way I see it):
    essentially calling for Imamura's head and an apology from management.
    They quote NHK's news report as source of the news and that it was NGT management's fault for letting it get to the point where Maho resorted to SR and her tweets
    Also mentioned Maho's apology on stage
    Just the way all these happened, fans are distrustful and feel that disrupts relationships within the group
    Also mentioned we fear that Maho is at risk of grudges (from the perpetrators). A venue ban is not enough as it can't ensure safety of the members
    Calls for Imamura's resignation for poor management and firing of the member (who revealed info)

Ends with 勇気を出して告発した山口さんを応援しましょう
    (Yūkiwodashite kokuhatsu shita Yamaguchi-san o ōen shimashou)
    -- Support Yamaguchi-san (Maho) who admitted/testified with courage

Sounds good enough to me :approve:
    I have signed (and shared it on my social media)

========

My other dilemna:

If Maho runs for SSK later this year....should I send votes?
    (I have spares since Sakura isn't running anymore :()

What do you all think? There's quite clear pros and cons to it

• Like Like x 4
  13. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Forcing Maho to apologize two times have nothing to do with that 2005 act thou. they could hire a lawyer and pursue a legal proceeding to make sure the criminals are not freed, but they didn't do that, do they"

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. heartstation7

heartstation7 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Matsuda Rina
    Twitter:
    heartstation7
    Sasshi sent out another tweet regarding her earlier ones. She doesn't want people or the general media misinterpreting her words as they wish.

twitter.com/345__chan/status/1083511890976792577

Translation (thanks to twitter user Burberryturtle)

"There are already media outlets turning my tweets into news, so please report my words as they are. I want my words to be conveyed without misunderstanding."

WRH's Daisuke Muramoto also reaffirmed his support for Maho, mentioning her by name.

twitter.com/WRHMURAMOTO/status/1083525474800754688

• Like Like x 11
  15. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    According to BIGLOBE, former SKE48 member Shibata Aya who is now a host on AbemaTV has spoken on that channel about the incident:

https://news.biglobe.ne.jp/entertainment/0111/abt_190111_2632980854.html

(video of part of the broadcast is here: https://twitter.com/AbemaTV/status/1083608540567166977)

Hopefully someone here might be able to provide a better translation than Google but she does appear to have a concern about the effectiveness of the attack alarms which the girls are being given.

16. Silverheart48

Silverheart48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Early on many seemed to criticize his character on AKBingo (Im one of them), but his off-character support is heartwarming for those concerned for the 48G girls, Maho especially in these times.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 2
  17. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Well, good then, have you sign it? I did. If you know how they will follow it up, that will be appreciated. Because I don't see that part in the description. In the Japanese part it says "we do not trust the official statement", if say we got 50000 votes (currently 22000ish) then they give it directly to NGT management but no other collaterals, that may also got buried.

Mmm, no. I think it is about deliberately revealing the names as requested by some people.
    Also, may I ask how are you so sure they don't (or won't)?
    Because the suspects are free? That can also mean they have better lawyers and provide reasons to make them free. Thpugh it can also mean they did not pursue the case. We'll never know which one except some NGT insider leak it.
    Like I said before, in legal battle it will be difficult if Maho don't have hard evidence to back up her testimony. It is not about not believing her, I personally believe what she said, but that's not how legal battle/crime investigation works as far as I know.

Also, suddenly silence? :D I thought this thread running at a post per 5 minutes.

Aya said even though she agree with the burglar alarm distribution, she doubt if it can be used properly when such times arise.

The rest are talking about how Maho should feel right now, the two man cannot be called fans, and idol-fans relationship in general.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Puni

Puni Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
    From my understanding of the Japanese legal system it doesn't work this way. If I'm wrong please correct me:

Basically it comes down that an individual presents its charges to the police. The police will then start their investigation and will then decide if it will hand it over to a State Attorney who will then bring it to court. Or the police might decide to drop the charges what happened in this case.

What I would like to know now is if a State Attorney is allowed to bypass the police and decide to open a case at court regardless?

Now this is regarding the criminal court. Mahohon and AKS/NGT might however go after the perpetrators at a civil court and demand compensation for psychological (Maho) and financial (AKS/NGT) damages.
    Not sure if the Japanese legal system allows this. Would be interesting to know.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Dan-chii

Dan-chii Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yabukinako
    Some interesting developments and findings related to this guy who calls himself "Inapooh" on Twitter who fans suspect to be one of Mahohon's attackers.

It seems that he has long been in the business of selling and distributing idol members' telephone numbers, addresses, and other personal info.

The content of the screenshotted tweets in recent matome threads (here, here) and others I found on Twitter (here, here) are just downright creepy, with one tweet showing security cam footage of an idol in an elevator, another showing him handling what appears to be an idol's personal phone, and conversations with other fans where both parties talk about an idol in an outright predatory manner. We've also learned that he previously targeted Keyakizaka46's Yui Imaizumi in 2017 and other suspicious tweets go back as far as 2013-14. Recent tweets very much suggest his involvement in the Mahohon incident, with one tweet seeming to reference the three weeks he had spent detained by Niigata police.

As expected, angry Japanese fans have taken to the case and they have shown just how incredible they are when they band together—I've seen one tweet exposing Inapooh's real identity and address. His Twitter account is still there but the tweets have now been protected. I'm hoping that some of these legendary fans have informed Niigata police about this.

UPDATE: As of 20:00 JST his account (@inapooh0725) has been deleted from Twitter.

• Informative Informative x 19
  20. ysa73

ysa73 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Rissen Airi
    • Informative Informative x 5