1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Yokoyama Yui (Yuihan) / 9th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by haruna_hamasaki, Dec 13, 2009.

1. jenel.f0506

jenel.f0506 Kenkyuusei

I will take yuihan's side .. we can't do anything about it . Maybe the reason why she tweeted that because that was the time that the management took action about the issue. She is doing her job . Yuihan is yuihan we can't expect her to be someone else in this kind of situation.

A simple word is enough rather than a long words that is not worth to hear. ..

Maybe she stopped being long speech yokoyama.

Sent from my Lenovo K10e70 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. mittens_220

mittens_220 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I wrote this in mahohon's thread, but this was what I thought of yuihan's tweet.

I interpreted yuihan's tweet differently for some reason.

"Members are doing their best so management should do their best too" sounds like her most covered up way of saying "members are doing their best, so management, don't you dare screw this up."

"The fan's love are our greatest support" is like "the fans are important to us and we will lose them if you( management) screw this up"

Of course everyone has different interpretations, but this is my interpretation.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    Yuihan is not type of person that could to say something strong and directly, but I want to hear at leats a little bit support for Maho, and not for mngmnt...

• Like Like x 3
  4. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    If even Mion, the future GM of the group, can acknowledge Maho's, and the other members feelings, Yuihan should have at the very least done the same. It's literally the bare minimum to the role of GM. Mion and Yukirin are just as monitored as she is. They noted that they don't have the power to speak up right now, but still offered support. Yuihan couldn't even do that which is honestly the most disappointing thing for me to see as someone who supported her GM succession so much while most berated her years ago...

If you're going to tweet such a vague comment mostly in support of the party who are under fire, it's best to not say anything at all.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. jenel.f0506

jenel.f0506 Kenkyuusei

Yuihan has a different approach in this issue..
    We have different interpretation about her tweet some took it positive and others took it as negative one..
    I can't blame her .
    But for me the real issue is the problem inside the ngt.

Which is had gone this far, giving a fan a confidential info? Or is it a fan.?

The other members speak for them selves but when you are in the position. You have to think carefully before you post something it might affect both parties.

Remember she is the middle man between the management and the members.

Now the pressure is on her..so i guess its the best way that we support her in times like this.

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. SpookieSenpai

SpookieSenpai Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    Dislikes are flying around in this thread.

Yuihan is definitely in a tough spot. Being between members and management she has to please both sides. And she can't straight up say "get your shit together." Although I would like her to have a stronger stance on backing up and protecting the girls as their representative.

• Like Like x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Silverheart48

Silverheart48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Everyone just expects a new movement in 48G and are flaming responses as outsiders and fans.

Being in leadership positions, knowing others in similar positions who bear this burden surely makes me slightly more sympathetic to them. The leash of bureaucracy, Japanese culture, and their careers on the line makes their position an unenviable one to be in.

Edit - I'm talking about the girls - Soukantouku, Captains, Vice-Captains, so on. Just because they are in those positions, doesn't means they can do a simple 'tell all' and big reveal without consequences.

Have some heart please. As much as fans and followers want more information, remember that it is them, their careers, their image, on the line, and not ours. Fans can do almost anything without repercussions, not these members of 48G.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. lilwisper

lilwisper Kenkyuusei

This is very true. She can't go off the rails and just spout anything she wants that goes into a tell all mode. However I don't think most rational people are asking for that at all. They simply want more support shown for the victim Mahohon. Yui could have made a statement directed at her and not mention management at all. Something along the lines of:

Dear Mahohon, I just received the news of everything. First off, are you well? It must have been a scary experience. Please know that you have my support and the support of many others.

She didn't have to commit to anything towards management. Just show more empathy towards Mahohon. Again it could have been that Yui spoke to her directly on the phone or such, we wouldn't have a chance to know that, so that's why I feel it is indeed a tough spot to be in.

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. Zuu Ryuzuma 48

Zuu Ryuzuma 48 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Yokoyama Yui
    Maybe this will be a long post.. so i put it on spoiler.. ;)

Becos of the underfire that Yuihan receive becos of her tweet, i feel i need to address my point of view too.. :)

The underfire Yui tweet:
    The members are smiling, everyone is friendly, and I want to aim for my dream. We are working hard and management is supporting us. The best support is the fan's love.
    Note: On Yui message the word "my dream", can be read as "our dream" as well becos there is no subject mentioned

Mion tweet
    As a member and a fan I want this group to continue being a presence that gives hopes and dreams. It is really depressing to see everyone's sad face... I am looking at what I can do to help everyone that supports us, even though I may be powerless, to feel less uneasy and we can work together with relief.

& also this 1.. (sorry mods.. i have to put it on full word from the mobame.. i will delete it if you think inappropriate.. :^^;:)
    I'm sorry I couldn't send anything.

I wasn't sure what to say about the incident, but I didn't really want to send an ordinary mail either, so I couldn't send anything.

There are still parts of information that is conflicting and hard to understand.

Members are scared for their futures like never before.

The place to chase your dreams should be fun and put your mind at ease, and when it isn't, your hopes and dreams become hazy.

It is really sad that the fans have to worry.

I'm sorry for always making you frustrated.

I will also keep doing my best!

From my understanding, the members was in shock after knowing Maho incident.. & thats why mion address members was having a sad face, while yuihan said member is smiling again (after the apology)..

But also note that she said on mobame members was scare.. (i would guess after they know abt the incident)

& 1 thing i would like to address here is that Team A was in their concert rehearsal that start on Monday (Yui join on tuesday).. Maho case start on Wednesday.. & i assume they finish rehearsal yesterday or today.. Tomorrow is the concert.. So, i think they have limited access to the info regarding any news when they was in rehearsal.. Unless management told them so..

& what do you think members will feel after hearing the news?
    Ofc they will be in shock.. Yuihan too.. Thats why from the mobame "Members are scared for their futures like never before."..
    & through Yuihan nature, did u think she will just leave members like that.. ofc she wont.. she myb will try to console them etc..
    any members will worry abt their future that they work hard to achieve.. & what will happen to them if the place they want to return to is gone?

What i'm trying to say here is that just becos of that tweet, all of the enrage people from Maho case suddenly jumping on the bandwagon.. yuifans defend, some other criticize & not to mention even cursing as well.. & forgot thats when anything happen through management blunder who is the 1 apologise.. Yuihan bear the burden far more greater than u can even think of.. :fp:
    Read what shinobu says here from 755 abt Yui when she appoint Mion as new GM..
    Today there were a lot of announcements with tears of joy and tears of frustration. The general manager, Yokoyama Yui, announced the next GM would be Mukaichi Mion. Yui was always thinking about the future of AKB48 and 48 groups, and she worked with passion for the benefit of the group, even if the fans didn’t see it. There were a lot of worries and a lot of the fans and members shed tears. Over the last 3 years, there were so many times where the staff and ourselves were amazed at her fiery feelings. I think there were big expectations for the future of AKB48 when Yui was passed the baton of GM, and she has been really frustrated. Takamina has said in the past that members are losing work because of the heavy critisism and pressure they receive and nobody knew this more than Yui. She always believed that AKB48 helped people grow and blossom with new charms, but the baton to her generation was too heavy. She thinks that Mion will be able to do it because her love for AKB48 is stronger than anyone else. So, first off, I want everyone to show Yui their appreciation and gratitude. Then, I want you to support Mion, who was just as surprised at theannouncement as we were. AKB48 is not afraid of change, so I challenge the members and staff to show their reckless spirit in the coming year. I want all of the fans to have fun together and get excited!!

I wrote too long, but what I want to say it, Yui has been working harder as GM for the past 3 years than anyone is thinking. She was always thinking about things and supporting people in invisible places. I was also being supported by her. Everyone should get excited to support Mukaichi and AKB48.

Well, in life there isnt always a sweet day.. What done has done & Yui need to live with it.. :)

& Don't get me wrong here.. I also support Maho case.. I want her to get Justice too..
    But to suddenly bash/hate Yui just becos of that tweet is just wrong too.. :flower:
    U have sum it up wonderfully.. Thank you.. :worthy:

@minaeshi san & @Reveen san.. not to argue with u guys here.. Just want to ask where did Mion say in her tweet she acknowledge Maho? & Yui say she support management directly? :flower:

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. jenel.f0506

jenel.f0506 Kenkyuusei

Is that necessary to do?
    I mean, showing support to someone doesn't mean that you have to tell everyone about it.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. lilwisper

lilwisper Kenkyuusei

Oh for sure. I totally agree with you. I was just saying I can see why some folks felt a certain way about her tweet and offered one that might have been better in folks eyes.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. jenel.f0506

jenel.f0506 Kenkyuusei

Then we are the same to the people who assault the ngt member.
    Saying harsh words to yuihan isn't that verbal abuse which can lead also to trauma?

We cannot force them the things that what we want them to do.
    For me yuihan tweet is an indication that she address the issue..
    And by that she will resolve it... behind the camera.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    The issue isn't that either one did so directly, but more so they did/did not acknowledge the issue. Mion's tweet acknowledges the pain the members must be feeling right now (after the news broke out and seeing their fellow member go through pain) and that despite her lack of power to make change, she will try her best to do so. Yukirin's tweet was more lengthy, but similar in nature.
    Of all the translations I've seen of Yuihan's tweet, it doesn't directly or indirectly mention the incident, but instead feels like she's making mgmt seem better than they are by saying "mgmt are supporting us" or "i hope mgmt can support us", depending on which translation you read and want to interpret. Of course, others have interpreted it differently, but the vast majority of people both Japanese and intl, have shown dissatisfaction with her comment, meaning her choice of words clearly wasn't good enough.

My issue is that, as the GM, she could have wrote something better. We don't know whether she was rushed into making a statement or not, but she should have given it more time to make a more coherent statement or just not said anything at all. I don't expect a direct call out tweet like Sasshi's or Kitaries, but at least something in line with Mion and Yukirin's tweets would have sufficed. Yes she went into a tiny bit more detail about it in her mobame, but the general public doesn't pay to read that, her fans do, and unfortunately this isn't just a fan/idol issue, this is a big deal and has been the talk of Japan the whole week. I don't agree with people bashing or cursing at her, but it's not unreasonable for us for voice our disappointment in her comment.

It makes it worse that this kind of statement came out not long after Maho apologized on stage.. the outrage from fans and media was at the maximum level, bad move from Yuihan and/or Mgmt all around. :fp:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. SpookieSenpai

SpookieSenpai Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    Been pretty worried about how she will react to all of the fans though, hopefully she can tough it out. I hope that those who are criticizing her know that she's a good person at heart and doesn't mean anything bad by her choice of words.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. mittens_220

mittens_220 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Copied from Mahohon's thread, I guess she did this during the Team A performance.

AKBグループ総監督・横山由依、NGT48暴行被害騒動を謝罪「起きてはいけないことが…」
    https://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2127336/full/
    今回、すごく起きてはいけないことが起こってしまいました。皆様にご心配をおかけしてしまって、申し訳ありませんでした。
    私も総監督として今後の対応についても含め、運営に厳しく言わせていただきました。

so yuihan apologized on behalf of 48g members because "we made everyone worried".

• Informative Informative x 3
  16. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    So, nobody say "she should not apologize" now? :fear:

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  17. jenel.f0506

jenel.f0506 Kenkyuusei

Now she apologize no one seems to care..

Out of topic..

Another yuihan close member announced graduation.. ..

Kojima mako..

• Informative Informative x 4
  18. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

I feel a bit sorry for Yui, presumably management gave her an apology letter to read. It should be actual management that is apologizing.

And they should be apologizing for their lying and mismanagement, not this "making the fans worry" stuff which is code for "please don't stop spending your money on our idols".

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  19. Silverheart48

Silverheart48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    She’s the GM after all, supposed to be the face of the group according to those flaming them.

Why she’s caught up in this and given hate, only they know. It’s like Takamina being flamed for Yukirin’s troubles all over again.

Fans need a scapegoat and they’ll look to the responses of the captains, Sou, and others to find fuel to channel their frustrations to.

Ultimately she has to take all the trouble and apologise as the GM of the group. Given her position, it’s not about Yui ‘not needing to apologise’, but she has to make one as a politically correct act on behalf of all parties involved. Management coming out to speak at this moment, how many fans would actually believe or react to them positively? So they look to the best figure with an official position who could reach out to the fan base the best.

She’s the appointed GM and mouthpiece of management and the girls after all, and don’t think for a moment that those who flamed her for her response feels a single shred of sympathy for her.

As leaders, PR people, etc, we have to do things to appease. As a fan to Yui, she doesn’t have to apologise as a member. But seeing her from her position in 48G, it’s a necessary act.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3
  20. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

I feel sympathy for her but I also wish she'd show some spine in her comments. Frankly speaking Sasshi would have made a better general manager

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1