1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

NGT48 Assault Case

Discussion in 'General NGT48 Discussion' started by Cisalpine88, Jan 9, 2019.

1. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Let's just say, most of the time, people realize this too late.

• Agree Agree x 8
  2. ysa73

ysa73 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Rissen Airi
  3. ermenker

ermenker Kenkyuusei

• Like Like x 21
    • Informative Informative x 3
  4. LarcKen

LarcKen Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Taguchi Manaka
    I hope they aren't planning to use Tano as scape goat for the 'more valuable' member :fp:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

I think it's kind of naïve to think this is going to go away. Maybe if NGT and AKS hadn't botched this whole thing and then made an inadequate response then it could move on but as usual the cover up makes the problem worse not better.

as an aside, what is it with young Japanese guys and stupid haircuts?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    English-language article from the South China Morning Post:
    https://www.scmp.com/news/asia/east...ol-apologises-causing-trouble-after-revealing

It mentions Twitter reaction and the petition but it also has this sub-section:

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Like Like x 5
  7. kero__kero

kero__kero Upcoming Girls

i think imamura did take the case seriously, in favor of aks and niigata government. he tried to cover it up and sweep it under the rug. if he were to press charges on those fans, the fans would drag the other members into this and it would've blown up and shook the 48g and the conservative quiet town of niigata. niigata tries to stay drama free, they will conceal assaults and rapes so it doesn't interrupt their quiet living. the police are corrupt the power harrassment is real there.

but what happened was maho didn't stay silent, and now what would've been a pretty big blow to ngt if all this was revealed last month, is now an extremely crushing blow to not only ngt but aks with the added silencing and corrupt nature of management to go along with all the other shady things that may possibly come to light in the next few weeks.

imamura would've looked like a hero to many in the fandom if he did the right thing back in december when maho came to him for help. but now he will get fired and look like the clown that he is on his way out while being used as the scapegoat

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. welp

welp Next Girls

I doubt if the rumor the member was the daughter of a big sponsor is true. If she was that influential, she would never bother if Maho ever reported her dating, might not even care if Maho would sniff her to Bunshun, she would be pushed regardless.

If the sponsor will withdraw for real, there is a chance that Imamura will have to resign. This is Japanese way, someone must resign and everything will moving on.

Have you taken psychological class? If you have, you must have learnt human's memory is very limited. Human can remember only a tiny fraction of what really happened and we unconsciously fill the void with imagination.
    While nothing suggests that Maho was not honest, her honest words may not equate to truth. They could be inaccurate details.

They even have been cases where victims accused wrong suspects due to confused memories.

She just told fans to not leave NGT, not leave 48 groups and I don't think she's wrong to think that way. She, as a member herself, surely must fear that the first to be affected by fans' boycott was the member. We, as outsiders, can see that the sole way correct this problem is to boycott, is AKS to suffer a long big sale drop but it will be harsh for her, for members. Some members, including her, have worked hard here for years. It will be very difficult to lose her loving job, to see 48 groups she has invested years in crumble.

For Rie, I doubt if she dared to say so if she still were a member.

You must take into consideration that those involved were Japanese who had different culture, the culture of not talking directly. She has indirectly expressed dissatisfaction over the way the management handled the issue. (the management, please do your best = the management has not done its best = the management has not put enough effort to resolve the problem.)

Lol. If the management sincerely cared about member's safety, they must have done something since way back when Ogino said she was almost abducted, they must have done something since a month ago when Maho informed them of the attack, not just now after the incident became a hot news.

How old are you? Humans have endured much worse to save their jobs. Do you think why labor law exists? Why don't employees just run away from the cruel employer? Do you know many accountants commit tax evasion by writing under declared incomes for their companies to save their jobs? Many celebs around the world have apologized despite being unapologetic to save their jobs.

While I don't think what Maho said was 100% accurate, humans' memories don't always work the same way and some victims may remember the detail better due to various factors. Besides, in this case the agency/journalists have confirmed that
    - 2 guys were arrested by the police and admitted they ambushed her (buy saying they ambushed her to talk with her, not attack).
    - At least 1 other member involved in this case by informing the guys of the time she came back from the theater.
    So, main points in her statement have been confirmed.

Yes, soukantoku should speak up over this issue but she needs not to speak in public.

Really? Japanese journalists have never given hints so clear that anyone can guess the name? My country has such law too but it doesn't stop the journalist to do so.

• Dislike Dislike x 7
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. kero__kero

kero__kero Upcoming Girls

good question. to me it feels like since niigata is the countryside, they have their own set of rules, management does whatever they can to make ngt seem like a valuable asset to aks. let's say the rumors of management allowing rich wota to date the members are true. that would never fly in tokyo or osaka. this level of silencing wouldn't happen in tokyo, osaka or fukuoka imo.

10. gordoli

gordoli Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kitahararie
    I want Imamura's head anyway, even if he didn't force her to apologise last night ... he's already done enough to warrant his removal.

Did he/mgmt force Maho to apologize? I would say yes. Even if not said explicitly, at the very least they must've created such an atmosphere and feelings when talking to Maho that she felt she needed to apologise to the fans. Maybe not blackmailing, but it's not beyond reason they could've lead and pressured Maho to it, even reluctantly.

Are they that stupid? Consider that Imamura's definitely not in his right mind atm. All those negative online comments probably sent him into depression, being exposed that he knew about this for a month and now everyone knows what a dishonorable thing you've done - he's been unmanned, it's shameful, people will differently at him forever - it's enough to weaken anyone's state of mind and rational thinking ability.

Having said that, I do feel some pity for him. A month back, AKS must've told him to hide this one under the rug. If he'd defied them, they would've made his life hard and looked for the first reason to fire him. Still, he should've done it, the publicity would've protected his career. (Edit: Well, only for a few years.)

(If my reasoning is off somewhere, I apologise - it's late for me)

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

You think a front row member wants everyone to know she's drinking and sleeping with fans? Most members don't survive that revelation.

Not just RKJ but there's been rumours of bullying in NGT before and a dating clique trying to shut up the non-dating girls goes beyond RKJ. Like if these girls were living somewhere else entirely and weren't disturbing the RKJ girls then would it have blown up like this. The "dorm" is essentially an extension of the workplace and management should have been taking notice of the non-dating girls concerns but it seems because of $, nepotism and corruption they didn't.

so there's potentially bullying, nepotism, corruption, lax/incompetent management here.

HKT was a bit of a shitshow until Ozaki showed up, not to the extent of NGT but still incompetent management led to all kinds of problems.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 5
  12. Arinko

Arinko Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    The way things are going.... not only will you get Imamura's head, you will get every staff and member.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Puni

Puni Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
    You see, I might have a problem with that.
    That actually is something we don't know. If we're honest we don't know very much about how the whole group is organized. We know some people that regularly make public appearances and their job title. But that's about it. Nothing about their dutys or what they are authorized to do.
    We know that he was informed of this incident and that he was somehow involved with the police investigation. Was there somekind of collusion? Maybe, maybe not. Did he try to sweep the incident under the rug, or did he report it to his superiors and he was simply overruled? We don't know and if someone doesn't decide to write a book then we likely never will.

Based on this, i personally find it hard to demand his head. In the end he might just end up as a scapegoat.

Honestly speaking: I myself can understand why they initially decided to not go public with the whole incident. That's how companys work: Stay silent until you no longer can. Doesn't mean that I like this, but that's how business is done everywhere.
    For me it mainly isn't about 'what has been done' but more about 'what hasn't been done'.

Examples of what could have been done:
    - suspend activities of / fire members involved in the incident (Maho excluded obviously)
    - immediately get her a counselor (as far as I understand yesterdays statement that only happens now)
    - make it possible that members can request a bodyguard (or something similar) for their commute if they feel unsafe.

So me might not have a management here that is evil or corrupt (seems to be a favorite word on this board, people toss it around like a rugby ball) but which is really bad at disaster management. I think that something has to be changed there.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

Girls are fearing for their lives and you're worried people won't get to meet them as easily as before? There's no doubt that it's a problem within the system. Girls still in the group and ex members are already speaking out.

• Like Like x 9
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. JVJ

JVJ Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hasegawarena
    I'm starting to wonder if we should pity Imamura or demand his resignation.

I wonder if given more time, perhaps a month time, he would be able to come to a satisfactory resolution with Mahohon.
    That said, we can debate on what a satisfactory resolution entails... (Member resignation, fine / jail for culprits... whatever)

Imamura and AKS may not have realized how powerful social media is in our age.

Also, if the identity of the culprits are true according to rumors, they seemed to be of very strong financial support to NGT.
    Imamura is caught in a bind.
    Then maybe Mahohon speaking up on showroom is actually easing the progress of the situation.

16. Bakti Limo

Bakti Limo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    satoshiori
    Everyone is blaming management, especially Imamura.
    Imagine this, last year, JKT48''s Manager, Inao Jiro committed suicide. Rumors said it's because he couldn't handle the work pressure. I don't know why I brought this up.
    Just bear in mind, Imamura just an employee. He reports to his boss. Maybe it's Aki-P or maybe there are other "invisible hands" who runs the show that we don't know. We're talking about billions of yen here.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  17. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

That's why we need younger managers. Female managers who can understand the girls personally as well. That's what Mahohon alluded to in her tweets as well. Too bad, it's Japan.

Please! She didn't need to apologise last night. She sure as hell doesn't need to make any more statements to cover up for the inadequacies of "adults".

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. Arinko

Arinko Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    I work in Incident Management for a Telecommunication company. Do you know how much stuff we have to fix because of someone else's mistakes or zero care factor? We have to portray the company is healthy and managed well. Every year we have to go through an online course and there is a part where we are to pass on enquiries from news agencies or the law enforcement to our corporate public relations. We are not to answer any questions related to the company or customers. We are to be careful of our choice of words and the topic we can discuss even on our own personal SNS. We reflect the image of the company even after work.

And yes, my managers are normally 'Yes men' (both genders implied here). They don't have much say and they would like to keep their jobs.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. half23

half23 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Shinozaki Ayana
    we are talking about the safety of the girls here, you think that billions of yen excuse them for being negligent and put the lives of the members on danger?????

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. JVJ

JVJ Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hasegawarena

Yeah, I agree. She didn't need to apologise. If she did apologise on her own accord, then respectable on her part. If management briefed (forced) her to do so then... management is dumb. This is not the year 2009. Not that it was right to do so even in 2009.